Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,551 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! (651 Views)

Pictures Of Kaduna Galaxy Mall / My Ordeal With My Worker Today. / My Ordeal This Corona Period - Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
Long Post Alert!

Being a freshman out of university, i saw the potential of making money through the Internet. I have spent sleepless nights trying to study many concepts under the harsh Zaria cold and mosquitoes trying to come up with the right scheme and method to help alleviate this impending poverty that i am seeing if i don't work hard enough to secure my spot in the league of the successful ones.

But then, there seems to be a set back anytime i am about to make a major feat. To be honest, i have laid my hands on many kinds of online businesses but most malfunctioned along the way. Very few duped me and some other legit ones were way out of my reach because of the huge financial cost they involve.

But chance, i came across Freelancing and it seemed to be the answer to my many questions. To be precise, i started it with the intention of hitting it real big. I started setting huge goals for myself. I spent a whole lot of time practicing my new found work and how to perfect it. I knew the importance of using the right words when discussing or striking a deal with your client so i made sure that i read a book on people intelligence that is "How to win friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. Because i don't have any important skills to start with, i opted for article writing. I acquired a course on it by proxy and the Instructor really did a good job. In less than a 4 days, i totally grasped everything that was communicated in the course.

Boom i opened my first gig on Fiverr. I stayed months without getting a single order! To be honest, i wasn't very encouraged. My saving grace was that i didn't depend on it as my ultimate stream of income. I had other alternatives. Not really some big thing but it was enough to make sure that i don't go about begging people for my next meal. I am a part time lesson teacher. And my salary is enough for my upkeep in a month's time.

After some months, i got my first order on Fiverr. I read up something online about the effect of videos on a Fiverr gig, and i made my research on how to create free videos for my Fiverr gig. As fate would have it, it was a resounding sucess. So i made a good video and attached it to my Fiverr gig. My impressions exploded within a few days but orders were coming at a minimal rate. Something like $30 every week plus Fiverr's 20% commissions. If you don't know what Fiverr is, to start with, it is a Freelance platform where you can offer your skills and get paid for it. Let's say you are a programmer, you can get paid writing programs for your clients. If you are a designer, you can get paid creating logos, banners, etc. for your clients and the list goes on.

But before the orders started pouring in, i devised a method of getting some Freelance writing work even though it wasn't too successful. Upon getting into the platform, i noticed that some sellers on Fiverr was making more than 50X the amount of many others. This is irrespective of the fact that both may have the same level of skills. I wanted to know what made some to remain at the top and others remained at the bottom still. I tried many things like optimizing my gig titles , using the right search tags and the rest. But then, i wasn't still getting it. I decided to come up with a scheme that would make me eat some crumbs that fell of the table of these big sellers. Prior to this time, i have never heard of the word "Outsourcing" before. The natural question that poped up on my mind was how to contact these sellers and get some of their works because i know for sure that a seller with more than 50 orders in queue cannot finish all of them in even in a month's time. But the build of Fiverr's site didn't permit this. So my next option was to check Nairaland. After all this is where i heard of the name Fiverr first. To my surprise many people have already created similar threads where they urged prospective clients to outsource their Freelance writing projects to them. Seeing this, i was encouraged and i speedily created threads in Business and Investment section about Outsourcing writing topics to me. If you check my topics, you'll see them. But then, i wasn't too successful. Though few people contacted me but i never made reasonable money from this idea. My clients were happy with my work but they weren't having orders frequently.

So when i started making some cash from Fiverr, i started saving to get the necessary things i'll need to succeed on the platform. I bought my own laptop, and furnished my room from the proceeds of my two month's earnings on Fiverr. Prior to this time, i was frequently using the school's library system to do my work. Now you can imagine all the stress i usually undergo to make sure i complete a writing project whenever a client provides one. A lot of other students are queuing up for the same system too. Many come to the e-library to browse through their social media accounts, some others to research on some assignment topics and others to watch highlights of last night's football match and possibly place a bet on Bet9ja. Like i said before, when i acquired my own system, it was a hell of a relief to me. I dedicated a lot of time studying some online course (Programming courses) that i bought and at the same time working on my writing projects when i have one. But then, as fate would have it, the unexpected happened.

I was coming back from the school premises where i went to complete a writing project and at the same time download some online courses to my house (Because i live outside the campus) around 11:00pm. Because it was a student-dominated area, human activity is should be expected around this time. As i was heading home, just few meters outside the school gate, i was stopped by a group of about 5 hoodlums with very sharp cutlasses and other dangerous weapons. They started demanding that i bring out my phone and release my laptop for them. At first, i thought they were a local vigilante group, so i was trying to explain to them that everything in my bag and pocket were mine and i shouldn't be harassed. Before i could say Jack Robbinson, they aimed for my neck with their cutlass. But i was lucky enough to block it with my hands. It left me with a serious cut on my left hand. I knew that if i don't help myself by running away, i would be butchered to death and nothing would happen. All thanks to the lawlessness in Nigeria. So i ran and they pursued me with their cutlasses. But i was fast enough to outrun them. When they saw that i was no longer in sight, they disappeared carrying my hard earned properties. That night (on 8th of this month), they took my Android Phone, Laptop, Charger, Modem, Power Bank and about #1600 i was with leaving me empty. The wound i sustained as a result of the cutlass was really deep and blood was gushing out too quickly. I had to check into a private hospital for immediate treatment.,

I spent all the money i have for treatment. The next day, i went to the police station to make a case. As corrupt and as wicked as these greedy policemen were, they were still asking me for money in order to make a case. I was disgusted. I had the money they were asking for (#1000) but i refused to give it. I mean, how can i lose so much in a day and you'll still be expecting me to give those greedy policemen money again for something that is absolutely free? I couldn't contain my disgust. I left the station and came back home. Luckily for me, my caretaker is a friend to that particular policeman that was asking for money before making any documentation. He called him and told him that i was his boy that he should help out. I later went to the police station to file the case for free even though the officer in charge wasn't too happy about that.

The police offered to help me track my stolen phone and get the criminals arrested. But they need a whooping #15,000 to be able to do that. At least that was what they told me the cost was. I am now at a crossroad about going for the tracking now (i don't currently have that money) or just forfeiting my hard earned properties for these criminals, and work hard still using the school library system to raise up another money to acquire these properties again.

This singular encounter has tripled my hatred for scammers, criminals and other people who wants to make free money without working for it.
As a nation, we need serious mental transformation. I don't even want to start preaching now. This is what i faced in the hands of these wicked set of people. I nearly became a jungle justice advocate because of my encounter. But i read today on NL about how a boy was wrongly accused of stealing a phone and beaten to death. His body was thrown into the lagoon afterwards..So pathetic. I sympathize with his parents.

But how long can we wait for this country to get fixed?? Do we lynch criminals or do we wait for our already compromised judicial system to take it's full course?? Everyone in this country seems to be raping every other person! I am really tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Uka15(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
Its a pitiable experience. Our police is just too useless sometimes.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by kllinxman(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
If you have that 15k put it deep in your pocket, that are not tracking any poo... I repeat they are not tracking any shit... Sorry for your lost, they only collected physical property, they don't see the one you have on your head.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by basmur(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
What an experience..
Thank God for your life oo cos the hoodlums wont hesitate to take your life if they get hold of you.. Pay the police for the phone tracking and watch them get arrested..
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by noblealuu: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Very pathetic situation. Bless God for your life though. When there is life, there I hope. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight.

As for the hooligans, they'll sure meet their Waterloo.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by basmur(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
What an experience..
Thank God for your life oo cos the hoodlums wont hesitate to take your life if they get hold of you.. Pay the police for the phone tracking and watch them get arrested..
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2019
Uka15:
Its a pitiable experience. Our police is just too useless sometimes.

Like seriously..it's too bad for us..no human feelings at all
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
basmur:
What an experience..

Exactly boss thanks
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
noblealuu:
Very pathetic situation. Bless God for your life though. When there is life, there I hope. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight.
Trust me, they will surely meet their water loo.. thanks for this

As for the hooligans, they'll sure meet their Waterloo.
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
kllinxman:
If you have that 15k put it deep in your pocket, that are not tracking any poo... I repeat they are not tracking any shit... Sorry for your lost, they only collected physical property, they don't see the one you have on your head.

This helped a lot. thanks boss
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Goodypc: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sure, you will overcome it.
Stay focus
Re: My Ordeal In The Hands Of Kaduna Robbers!!! by Meekha(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
Goodypc:
Sure, you will overcome it.
Stay focus

Thanks Goodypc. i am still yet to stand on my feet since then, this is really a terrible experience i don't even wish for my enemy. Without a laptop, i can't do anything for now. Thanks for your encouragement. i am sure i'll still overcome it. Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Nwaoboshi’s 22 Bank Accounts, 11 Properties In Lagos, Delta Seized / How Profitable Is This Business? Advice Needed. / Business Support Package For Smes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.