Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,896 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate (7835 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial List Not Ready Yet, Says Dele Alake (Video) / Buhari Sends Ministerial List To National Assembly / BREAKING: Looters’ List Not A Violation Of Named Persons’ Rights –court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 12, 2019
Senate President said the list maybe submitted to them yesterday (Thursday) but press said list has been submitted. Yeye journalism.

Expectations of millions of Nigerians that President Muhammadu Buhari will hit the ground of his second term in office running with the appointment of his cabinet ministers was dashed on Thursday as the Senate denied receiving the ministerial list.

The Senate revealed on Thursday that it is not in custody of names of nominees for ministerial appointment by the President.

This is contrary to the hope raised by the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan on the floor of the Senate on Wednesday that President Buhari may forward ministerial list to the Senate before the end of this week.

Senate Ad – hoc Committee Chairman on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Adedayo Adeyeye disclosed during a chat with the Senate press corps that the chamber is not in possession of any ministerial list.

Adeyeye said senators are anxious to work on the ministerial nominee list and screen all nominees immediately names of nominees were presented by the President who has the constitutional duty to do so.

Adeyeye said: “We cannot keep the list, if the list is transmitted to the President of the Senate, it will be read immediately. We are too eager; like I have told you we want to hit the ground running.

“This is an activity that is not within our control and there is nothing we can do about it. Like I said here two or three days ago, this matter is not within the control of the Senate.

“We cannot generate the list on our own; the constitution does not permit us to do that.

“The constitution has assigned responsibility to various part of government, and it is the prerogative of the executive to nominate ministers which will then be confirmed by the Senate.

“Until that duty is undertaken by the executive there is nothing we can do about that. Whether we are hopeful or not is neither here nor there.”

https://dailytimes.ng/ministerial-list-not-with-us-senate-affirms/
Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2019
Yet another round of waiting without people to drive the economy.

Las las after all this delay, we still see Audu Ogbeh who either wants to import grasses for cows from Brazil or wants to Rugarize the entire country for cows through his ministry.

Buhari is a disaster we warned Yoruba Muslims about, but they thought it a false alarm.

I am tempted to call Buhari a BIG FOOL but I will resist that temptation.

I pray this country survives Buhari, if not, the trajectory of this country might be set in the path we might not reverse by the time Buhari is done.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by helinues: 6:23am On Jul 12, 2019
Make senate and FG continue to dey deceive themselves...

Only in Nigeria 9 months pregnancy becomes overnight stuffs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by alonzoiv(m): 6:24am On Jul 12, 2019
Where is it then?

Why all these back and forth, like these grown-ups are kids?

Almost two months of foot-dragging at compiling of names of competent few out of close to 200 million people.

O God of creation, guide our leaders right...

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Oshokomole36(m): 6:24am On Jul 12, 2019
So na my hand e dey....can u just listen to this compound fool

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Oshokomole36(m): 6:24am On Jul 12, 2019
Ovoko grin
Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 12, 2019
Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by iammo(m): 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
grin

Senate would soon go on recess oo

No more sarathief to blame,

Buhari is too carefree, he seem to be enjoying poking fun at Nigerians while watching us react like the chemical we are

6 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
I BELIEVE IN BUHARI LED FG
WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT
WE WILL HAVE OUR MINISTERS

NEXT LEVEL IS HERE
WE ALL SHOULD EMBRACE IT
Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nackzy: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
APC have started again...Saraki and Ekweremadu are out now... why this new drama....una see this small 4 years were remain 4 una i know wan hear say them say

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Lee84: 6:25am On Jul 12, 2019
This country might not survive this NEXT LEVEL...

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 12, 2019
and the denying game continue. I am not interested in who become minister.
if he appoint ministers that capable of moving this nation I will benefit just like his zombies. if he appoint them using loyalty over competency, even his zombies and everyone else will suffer it.

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2019
If it is not with the senate, then the presidency should do the needful.
Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Ekpekus(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2019
wink
Dem don start again..
To bring list of names (nor be say na fresh names o) e dey hard ni?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by GrowYourSales(m): 6:27am On Jul 12, 2019
See how we're talking about ministerial list for how many days now

As if they'd be of any difference to Nigerians.

Gerrahere Mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Grace001: 6:27am On Jul 12, 2019
Obi has said it all. Buhari only aimed to become a president, every other thing is seen as a stress to him. No handover of government, still the same man running the affair of this country yet selection of ministers is now a big deal. Indeed there was a country

9 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by wizelink(m): 6:27am On Jul 12, 2019
THIS IS NOT STRANGE TO THE MAN AT THE HELM OF AFFAIRS

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Awol1:
Yet another round of waiting without people to drive the economy.

Las las after all this delay, we still see Audu Ogbeh who either wants to import grasses for cows from Brazil or wants to Rugarize the entire country for cows through his ministry.

Buhari is a disaster we warned Yoruba Muslims about, but they thought it a false alarm.

I am tempted to call Buhari a BIG FOOL but I will resist that temptation.

I pray this country survives Buhari, if not, the trajectory of this country might be set in the path we might not reverse by the time Buhari is done.

People like you ain't fit for living in Nigeria
I guess you're a togolese

With that your loosed mouth

Be careful and don't call the first citizen of Nigeria a fool because you're unfortunate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Maslib: 6:29am On Jul 12, 2019
I saw the list yesterday night travelling to Niger oooooh.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by tunjijones(m): 6:29am On Jul 12, 2019
It's very obvious that this govt is not serious.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by straighttalk(m): 6:29am On Jul 12, 2019
MAY BE ANOTHER STATE HOUSE RATS HAVE ...

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:30am On Jul 12, 2019
They have started again abi Dominion is from inside out. Don't let your environment place a limitation on you. All that you can be is in inside of you not your environment. The man is more powerful than his environment. Your environment doesn't make you, you make your environment.
If you don't know who you are, you will be struggling to manifest it or accomplish it.
Good Morning My Yard People. May God crown our hustle with success today. Amin. Read my signature

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by amazon14: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2019
There we go again.
Nigerians ntooor!!!

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by link2ok22: 6:33am On Jul 12, 2019
tolakush92:

People like you ain't fit for living in Nigeria
I guess you're a togolese

With that your loosed mouth

Be careful and don't call the first citizen of Nigeria a fool because you're unfortunate

He is a BIG FOOL

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by aishapmbtoto: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2019
You people should stop this nonsense. Bunch of clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:35am On Jul 12, 2019
Buhari = excuses + blame

6 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by nairavsdollars(f): 6:36am On Jul 12, 2019
President Buhari doesnt mean well for this country

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by babzo(m): 6:36am On Jul 12, 2019
Nigerians wake up. There is no one driving the car, the driver has either fallen asleep or he is busy watching a YouTube video.
This is not about PDP, APC, North or South. I supported Buhari in 2015. I supported him even in 2003 when he couldn't win North or South, even 2007 when he couldn't win Katsina. I did not support him in 2019.
This man has NO PLANS for Nigeria. Hes just enjoying his retirement. Hes flying to every country he can in private jets on public funds.
If GEJ was clueless, I cant even describe what PMB is.

11 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Not With Us. Senate by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 12, 2019
This early morning?
So, who do we believe?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out The World Class Road Leading To Sen. Okorocha's House / Osinbajo To Represent Nigeria At Museveni’s Inauguration In Uganda / Reuters Mocks INEC's Incompetence Over Postponed National Assembly Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.