Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell (21837 Views)

Niger: ECOWAS Denies Influence Of ‘Foreign Power’, Insists On Independence / Tafari Campbell: Body Of Barack Obama's Missing Personal Chef Found In A Pond / Robert Mugabe Resisting Army Pressure To Quit, Insists He's Still President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by NoRetreat(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2019
etrange:

Regardless of how we see it, it's a division. Employment would be based on that, leadership would be based on that, etc... and going back to the old days
you are right but how do you think men will play safe?
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by etrange: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
for you..people are already doing it...if we cant do it,let us support them

It is not safe in the long run. Discrimination is the only possible outcome. Men will still be raping women. You only care about false accusations as if that's a more heinous crime than rape.
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by amuwo1980: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:

Actually, there has been faaaar more true rape cases than false ones.

There has been faaaar more incidences of men abusing their privileges against women than women against men.

By your standard, we should say women should fear all men.

People are to be feared not just people of a particular gender. If you find a particular person(ni matter the gender) take precaution to protect yourself

Can you prove the above assertions ? That there are more reported cases of females accusing males of sexual transgressions doesnt mean it is true not that men have not found themselves in same positions too.
Stop enabling these women, they are not victims in all cases

3 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by etrange: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2019
NoRetreat:
you are right but how do you think men will play safe?

How has the women been playing safe ?

Being careful and decent. Some people get out of false accusations based on their near past records. If you choose not to travel with a lady cause it'll be tempting or you're scared of what might be said, it's your personal decision. Let those who can do it. I don't have problems with the guy in question. I'm just saying it's a bit excessive encouraging men in general to make it a norm in society.
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by izombie(m): 9:30am On Jul 12, 2019
Daeylar:
Discrimination. I hope he doesn't win.
And she's right.. It's his responsibility to provide a chaperone to chaperone him and not her providing one.
so tomorrow you guys will still say the chaperone worked for him. Even if he doesn't win this one he will keep trying. Women are gradually bringing their own downfall. Any man of power or influence will now think twice before associating with women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Odinz(m): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:
I hope when women say they can't work with men and refuse to employ men to work with then, men don't complain. This issue goes both way and as much as it is for safety, it also has a larger impact on society

But this part is crap. It is not sexist; he just does not think he is safe in close quarters with you and wants a "bodyguard".

On a separate note sha, if a white man says he is not comfortable being around black people alone so he needs a chaperone, it will come off as racist.

Weird world

Lol sir, the similarity you tried to draw is not in order at all. Completely different scenarios. From what I gathered he didn't say he won't have any relationship, business or personal, with females, he only said he would be fully open with all his interactions. Using the black-and-white race talk sounds a bit like a sentimental hook because you didn't factor in recent occurrences and how sentimental people could be about this issue. If any thing comes up, his reputation would be tarnished before he even defends his case.

This is a 15 hour long boat trip alone with a female. It has nothing to do with lack of control or being a sexist if he decides to insist on him bringing along a male colleague. People have rules and we must respect that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by MadamExcellency: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2019
anonymous1759:

I'll soon draft my consensual sex form before sex grin grin grin grin your finger print will be used as siggy before someone will use me as Biodun when I retire Dangote as the richest man in Africa.

Make sure the signature is three fingers thumbprint

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Korllami007: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2019
etrange:

The fact that you called me "ma'am" only shows the crux of your argument. You believe I'm lady since I don't agree with your stance on rape and rape accusations; you expect every man to fall in line with your opinion. You're already making it a "man-should-stand-by-men" thing instead of a logical response to the issue at hand.

Anyway, let's not get carried away, men who are found guilty of rape are punished. Women who are found guilty of false accusations should also be punished severely. That's all about it. Drawing sharp between the two genders will lead to discrimination in many ways. That's all I'm saying.

I'm a man, brother.

It's better to avoid this by following this procedure before waiting for someone to get punished severely after your reputation and career has been disintegrated. That's why they say, "Prevention is better than cure".

If the man has an innocent mind, it's better to go through this and if the woman is not planning of accusing the men of rape, she should follow the procedure.

At bolded, were you not the guy that says that he's a feminist? cheesy

This is not the first time of seeing your post though. You sound more of a woman to me. I might I have mistook you for someone else. Anyway, sorry about that. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by BossDante: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:

If someone falsely accuses you of rape or any crime, there are laws for it. It is called defamation/libel. Yes, you can exercise your constitutional rights and sue
So one shouldn't avoid an issue before it becomes a problem, according to your perception. You must be really 'wise'. So you haven't heard that prevention is better than cure. Sue for defamation, after they most have suspended you from your job pending the legal battle plus the psychological and emotional trauma, the financial burden, family shame etc. You are very very 'wise'. If you females have been wiser, whenever a false accusation is established like the recent case of that footballer , you ladies would have been the one clamoring for a jail time for the lady cos this stuff is definitely gonna backfire on you guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by hush007: 9:59am On Jul 12, 2019
Tocynone:
Wise man

That's where this world is going to. A place no woman is ever trusted. It will get there soon. I dont trust any woman. I always keep them at arms length.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by ogbonti: 10:02am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:

There has been faaaar more incidences of men abusing their privileges against women than women against men.

People are to be feared not just people of a particular gender. If you find a particular person(ni matter the gender) take precaution to protect yourself

Bia, Nwoke, please kindly define rape?

you think all rape is when you physically force a woman and penetrate her? whossaaaaaa! - that is the universal crude definition of rape

bro, another technical scenario of rape is, for instance, when you give a woman $10,000 cash right now and u promise her $200 extra tomorrow to buy whatever and that "extra promise" was the "reason" OR the "discussion" that preceded the sexual act.

Then, tomorrow comes, you tell her, awww sorry i lost all my money to thieves and she sympathized with you. you took that to mean she is no longer interested in collecting the $200 due to your misfortune of being robbed, and you walk away thinking - $10,000 is just enough for her naw, ha ba, was it not just one round I did and who on earth wont be satisfied to keep 10k and forget ordinary 200, Guy- if that woman sues you in future for rape, you are a gonna!!!!!!!

btw, this same woman would have no case if (YOU CAN PROVE IT) that you had given her "just $200 only" and told her that's all u have and she consented to have sex with you. KNOW THE LAW and STAY AWAY FROM PRISON!!!! -

this is the reason most successful men get into trouble of bogus rape allegations - they do not document or record events because of the craze of the moment and they let holes in their future defense, women - i mean very jaw-dropping pretty women abound in this world that would conveniently lick the ass of financially stable men (not even rich men) - so dont allow yourself to be a victim of careless emotions and unfounded trust!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Malawian(m): 10:03am On Jul 12, 2019
You also have to wonder why the reporter is making an issue of his honest request, if she didn't have an ulterior motive. Just take a look at the pictures of both of them, who would you believe if a rape accusation was labelled against the guy?

4 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by etrange: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2019
Korllami007:

It's better to avoid this by following this procedure before waiting for someone to get punished severely after your reputation and career has been disintegrated. That's why they say, "Prevention is better than cure".

If the man has an innocent mind, it's better to go through this and if the woman is not planning of accusing the men of rape, she should follow the procedure.

At bolded, were you not the guy that says that he's a feminist? cheesy

This is not the first time of seeing your post though. You sound more of a woman to me. I might I have mistook you for someone else. Anyway, sorry about that. cheesy

He should go through it. It's fine. I'm only irked by the conscious efforts by guys here to make it a norm. My take is that it will have a degenerating effect in the long run. You'd see things like "sorry we cannot employ you cause most of our clients are men, they can't work with you", "oh we can't take you, other men who work here can't stand it", "sorry, you cannot be a gynecologist, you're not a women", "you can't lead this country.....", you can't, you can't, you can't... Such limitations based on gender would be inevitable and of course, disastrous.

I'm not pissed when people think I'm a lady cause of my stance. Lol.
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Deicide: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Can you show us evidence to buttress this claim on the bolded?
Exactly what i wanted to ask him, the guy seems very dumb and naive. No wonder he bans people without even understanding situations.

3 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by babyfaceafrica: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2019
etrange:

It is not safe in the long run. Discrimination is the only possible outcome. Men will still be raping women. You only care about false accusations as if that's a more heinous crime than rape.
you only care about the rape accusationd as if it is the only heinous crime done
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Bawsse(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:
I hope when women say they can't work with men and refuse to employ men to work with then, men don't complain. This issue goes both way and as much as it is for safety, it also has a larger impact on society

But this part is crap. It is not sexist; he just does not think he is safe in close quarters with you and wants a "bodyguard".

On a separate note sha, if a white man says he is not comfortable being around black people alone so he needs a chaperone, it will come off as racist.

Weird world

Do you have sense? Do blck people blackmail people of sexual misconduct? And if they do do they get the sympathy females get? There's no basis for bringing that talk to this talk oga

3 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by VULCAN(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2019
You that is a political giant where are you now?

That you are so blind that you cannot see that he is protecting his future self from being accused 20 yrs from now is shocking!

AllenSpencer:
Political toddler he is

He thinks any strategist will come for him at this time.

His past they are presently digging up.

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by babyfaceafrica: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2019
etrange:

He should go through it. It's fine. I'm only irked by the conscious efforts by guys here to make it a norm. My take is that it will have a degenerating effect in the long run. You'd see things like "sorry we cannot employ you cause most of our clients are men, they can't work with you", "oh we can't take you, other men who work here can't stand it", "sorry, you cannot be a gynecologist, you're not a women", "you can't lead this country.....", you can't, you can't, you can't... Such limitations based on gender would be inevitable and of course, disastrous.

I'm not pissed when people think I'm a lady cause of my stance. Lol.
those things you are saying is already happening,so no big deal. make everybody dey their lane

3 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Dgr8hassiE(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Way to go Mr governortorial candidate.
Women are becoming something else nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by IamPlato(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2019
Mynd44:

be like say you too like woman. where you get this mumu analysis?

2 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by AllenSpencer: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2019
VULCAN:
You that is a political giant where are you now?

That you are so blind that you cannot see that he is protecting his future self from being accused 20 yrs from now is shocking!

Which we can term as gender discrimination?

Do you strategically think before you talk? Even his act can be used against him!
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by cowardafonja: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2019
etrange:
It's funny when you read stuffs like "fear women", "daughters of Jezebel", etc. It's even more unfortunate seeing how guys try hard to envelop rape cases as "mere accusations".

The truth is, a good deal of the rape cases we've had in the past eventually came out as the man being guilty. If that statistics is anything to go by, I guess it's safe to say that men have higher tendencies of carrying out rape crimes than women accusing men falsely. So who should be feared more here?

I understand and respect the man's position but that's his personal decision and shouldn't be a norm cause it'll have a serious damaging effect if allowed to fester. Women are raped everyday; you do not even get to hear about a good deal of the cases cause they happen in societies where women as seen as "helpers". Iimagine if they all say "fear men, sons of whoever" and refuse to work with men...

Let me guess, they'll lose cause it's a man's world, right?

That is chauvinism for you.

You are not wise! This man in question and those that took similar step in the past have succeeded in setting a new pace and this is solely the aftermath of the mischievous feminist scheme. Women go about accusing people falsely and tarnishing their hard-earned reputation. This man here is saying, I will rather not grant any interview except in the presence of a chaperone than risk being accused falsely but instead of advocating its wide adoption by other men so that women will no longer be "raped", you are afraid of the consequences. Before nko? Were you ever thinking that people will not device measure to avert this trending feminine devilish tendencies. You should have known that the consequences will be far reaching. Very soon, people will begin to perceive sex as a dangerous act and thus begin to distance themselves from women. This will come with rippling effect that will touch virtually everywhere that a woman is found including work place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by GEEBITE: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2019
How some of you reason baffles me.A front line politician in a Red state is who you called a political toddler.Have you researched his background and confirm his pedigree even at a relatively young age.You think a news network will endure a 15hour road trip with a political toddler?
AllenSpencer:
Political toddler he is

He thinks any strategist will come for him at this time.

His past they are presently digging up.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by GEEBITE: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2019
Not every homo sapiens with a pipe between his legs is a man.
etrange:

The fact that you called me "ma'am" only shows the crux of your argument. You believe I'm lady since I don't agree with your stance on rape and rape accusations; you expect every man to fall in line with your opinion. You're already making it a "man-should-stand-by-men" thing instead of a logical response to the issue at hand.

Anyway, let's not get carried away, men who are found guilty of rape are punished. Women who are found guilty of false accusations should also be punished severely. That's all about it. Drawing sharp between the two genders will lead to discrimination in many ways. That's all I'm saying.

I'm a man, brother.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by cowardafonja: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2019
Omega30:
I don't blame u, I blame ur thinking. Who want to interview u? Who is the reporter here that works for a company that needs the interview badly, for her professional rating? So the interviewee should bring a chaperone? Ladies, try to be logical when necessary!!

They are naturally irrational

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2019
anonymous1759:

If you do that feminist will say women are been discriminated remember that's how the feminist struggle started that women are not given same opportunity as men. But it's better to cut off from them to avoid stories.
who gives a shiit about feminists

1 Like

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 12, 2019
cescky:

You never fail to disappoint with your off point bland opinions

To the senator too much sense
that girl is easily the dumbest moderator on this forum. Lol imagine her threatening with women not taking male PA lol. How many men want to work as secretary or PA to a woman that would most likely make his life miserable?
If both gender decide to employ their own women will be jobless and broke. Majority of the companies in the world are owned by men even the ones that have female Managers and bosses do so to promote "inclusiveness".
I'd never take a female secretary if you're not fine with it you can get a rope or sniper

2 Likes

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 12, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
let women say they cant work with men,and vice versa..let us see who will lose!
lol. How many men want to work with a woman?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by AllenSpencer: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2019
GEEBITE:
How some of you reason baffles me.A front line politician in a Red state is who you called a political toddler.Have you researched his background and confirm his pedigree even at a relatively young age.You think a news network will endure a 15hour road trip with a political toddler?

What do you call pedigree? Was a Clinton not pedigree enough to have a past?

He is just shooting himself in the leg. Motives are driven by inspirations.
Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 12, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

No mind that mynd4

Very annoying fellow
Always wanting to seem reasonable and ends up talking out of point. Maybe he doesn't know how painful false accusation is and can also mess up ones mind just like rape. Some people have committed suicide due to false accusation.

All any reasonable person here should see is that the man wants to avoid and prevent any possible issue or scandal. I'm sure his wife is also happy with her husband decision even though she is also a woman
if I'm in a society as fuccked up as the west, I'd never be seen with a woman, I'd make use of xvideos throughout my stay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2019
GraGra247:

CCTV or camera recording is surest how long will men put up with the rigorous process.
you'd be sued for recording without permission. The west is a completely fuccked society. All the men are balless and I'm not surprised because 80% of them were raised by single mothers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell by Olorunnim: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
nice..it is high time men start to have sense,no female P.A,no female secretary..all close associates should be all male...never employ a female to work with you..even pa adeboye said he rejected a female assistant..men be wise!!
Pastor Adeboye personal secretary was my Uncle RIP He too does not sit alone with an Unknown woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital Director Arrested By Israeli Soldiers / Yair Lapid: Israel Doesn’t Need US Permission To Strike Iran / Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.