Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,608 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds (61103 Views)

Angola Congratulates Nigeria / Bring AFCON As Succour To Nigerians - Sanwo-Olu Charges Super Eagles / Mohamed Salah Scores His First Goal At AFCON As Egypt Beat Congo 2-0 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by MrBONE2(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
grin
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Myself2(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:
Enough of the celebration, biko. We have more concerns right now. There is Feghouli, Mahrez, Delort, Ounas and Slimani to worry about in our next game.

Whatever happens, I pray Drake does not famz us and wish our dear Super Eagles well.

Breaking news,Drake was spotted taking group photos with the Algerian national team early this morning
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by FreeSpirited: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
why am I having a feeling that we will need the experience of Mikel in that match against Algeria
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by PopeFlatino(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Guy Algeria has more inform players who plays professional and regular in Europe like Mancity,Napoli, Sporting Cp,Real betis,West ham, Galatasaray and co...they are not match to Cameroun who has only Toko Ekambi and Bassog or SA with just TAU ...ITS gonna be tough but I wish the Eagles luck..thought am scared
Harlem2:

The same way you guys hype Cameroon and south Africa players
Dem Dem analyst
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by worldclass68(m): 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
if super eagles can slow the pace of the game to fustrate their pacy football style as they did against SA....
but if otherwise, we will definitely lose!
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by ADMAF(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
OakPearl:
Italian football club A.S. Roma also joined In celebrating Nigeria's victory over South Africa at the AFCON as they tweeted this on their tweeter handle.

Super eagles responded in appreciation.

Proud Nigerian but What exactly is the point of this post, OP?
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:

It isn't hard to figure, is it? We were almost killed by Madagascar, the same team that was beaten mercilessly yesterday by Tunisia. Anyways, the goal Ivory Coast scored is the only one Algeria has conceded in the tourney.
look at d first game with Burundi again
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Calismart(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:
Enough of the celebration, biko. We have more concerns right now. There is Feghouli, Mahrez, Delort, Ounas and Slimani to worry about in our next game.

Whatever happens, I pray Drake does not famz us and wish our dear Super Eagles well.

been telling people the same thing but they dont seem to understand.

Algeria is deadly.

E for better if say na ivory coast we go face
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Aystarz: 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Myself2:

[s]Breaking news,Drake was spotted taking group photos with the Algerian national team early this morning[/s]

Fake news.

But come oo, why are we playing all these teams we met last year during qualifiers for the World Cup and this tourney? Algeria and Cameroun were in our group on the road to Russia and of course we played SA in the AFCON qualifying round. Good thing we beat Algeria bloody in Nigeria. We sure can do that again. Only that we'll have to do it this time without the gingering swagger of Victor Moses. Boy do I miss that fucccker!

1 Like

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Christmasdon(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
Why are u people derailing this topic. that is why people fail exams.
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by wandevincent(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
[b][/b]
OakPearl:

I would prefer to play Algeria than Ivory Coast, not for fear of them but because of the tendency for them to play their best because its Naija and a sort of derby like it is with us playing Ghana/Cameroon. We play similar style and are equally more physical than the North Africans.

Algeria will come running at us like the South Africans, but our style of slow football always disrupts such tactics and that is where my confidence lies against Algeria or any North African side.
OakPearl:

I would prefer to play Algeria than Ivory Coast, not for fear of them but because of the tendency for them to play their best because its Naija and a sort of derby like it is with us playing Ghana/Cameroon. We play similar style and are equally more physical than the North Africans.

Algeria will come running at us like the South Africans, but our style of slow football always disrupts such tactics and that is where my confidence lies against Algeria or any North African side.
OakPearl:

You spoke exactly my mind bro, Our slow style of football, our greatest weapon,especially against a fast and pact side like the Algerian team

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Myself2(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Aystarz:

Fake news.

Algerian spotted grin grin grin
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by oruma19: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:

pls don't worry urself, the Algerians have more to fear. Naija will humble them, it will be 2:1 in favor of nigeria
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Aystarz: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
Myself2:

Algerian spotted grin grin grin

See you grin
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Kenturkey048(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2019
Auladimeji2:
This club has been congratulating Nigeria since last world cup,Something is fishy.Maybe they're looking for sponsor
you mean sponsor from Nigerian Government or NFF??
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by lilfreezy: 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
Auladimeji2:
This club has been congratulating Nigeria since last world cup,Something is fishy.Maybe they're looking for sponsor
A Nigerian handles thei twitter page
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by escodotman: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:

We'd get into trouble if we play at their pace. We need to slow down the game and play our trumpeting, Kanu-styled, Palm wine football. The Algerians are fast players and dancing to their tune would make us tire out quickly.
Mr man, you hype the Algerian team too much, perhaps the reason you are not a professional footballer. You make them look like a Barcelona team, they are not even the top-ranked team in Africa. You shouldn't forget we beat them in the qualifier for 2018 world cup! Maybe you were among those who thought they would tear Côte d'Ivoire apart. Footballers don't have your kind of mentality, you must believe your opponent would get beaten by you or else you go home and don't show up to play. You exhibit fear. Each game is different.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Kenturkey048(m): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
Calismart:

been telling people the same thing but they dont seem to understand.

Algeria is deadly.

E for better if say na ivory coast we go face
bro na liee...ivory coast is more graver than Algeria...just like we playing Ghana would have been deadlier than Cameroon..Algerian won't sh**t..they even scared of us...ivory coast na team with physical play like us,,and also Battle for west Africa Dominance....
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Bamz(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=Sanchez01
Whatever happens, I pray Drake does not famz us and wish our dear Super Eagles well. [/quote]

I see what you did there mate.

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by ofiko123(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
We will win this trophy by the grace of God..
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by gamechanger1: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:

Bro you are corrct but something tells me that on sunday we will see a super eagles we ve not seen in this tournament. They ve been taking every game as they come and been improving with the tournament. I beleive that with the cup within striking distance, we will witness the boys at their bery best..like some have predicted here, i think the algerians will come out smoking against us and then we will sting them. Up eagles!!

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by ofiko123(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
Nigeria will beat Algeria that I am sure of...
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by blowjohn(m): 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
Harlem2:

The same way you guys hype Cameroon and south Africa players
Dem Dem analyst

I think our pace during play differs from those of the Egyptians, Ivory Coast and South Africa teams.
Those ones play fast game but Nigerian team usually seam to dictate the pace.
Av never seen a match where the super eagles play a very fast attacking football. They are always forming big men on pitch and this usually spoils the opponents plans.
That's why we have been able to win all thiz fast teams.
I just hope it pays off against Algeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Adakintroy2: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
Our midfield is our strong hold. Etebo and indidi are on drugs men. Crazy workaholics. Thought that niga indidi was a hype..boy strong and skillfull.

They absorbed most of the pressure before it gets to the defence hence..

I don't trust truss ekon and omerue that much..put a pacy trickster on them and they may give away penalty or free kicks like greeks bearing gifts. The keeper lol!.., i Don't even want to go there.

Awazerem..or our gboy..has really impress me. Very conserve with the ball. Never elaborate. Not the direct dash wing back but assured enough.he's goes forward only when necessary when needed and its timing of it is superb. very conciouse of hs defencive duties Easily our most consistent performer yet..

It's going to be a great game. But I think we will edge them with physicality. They are speedy, slick and technical. We are more direct with igholo upfront. Etebo and indidi as power house, the midfield will be in safe hands.

Chuwkeze and Musa to flank. Don't worry we will suck them in and hit them on breaks. One goal. And they can have the ball for the rest of ninty minute.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by emmnprince(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
Rickjordan:
same thing cameroun concede no goal but received three goals from us,south africa concede nothing more than a goal but concede 2 from us...wish SE luck...

South Africa conceded two goals before we met. They lost their first and 3rd match in the group stage and qualified as one of the best losers.
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Tchinaidi(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
Sanchez01:

feghouzi and at all out due to injury but that aside after watching thier games against ivory coast,I can tell you that they beatable if we can not be wasteful with our chances as we did on Wednesday.
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by Calismart(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Algerian won't sh**t..they even scared of us...

Amen o.
I pray for success for the Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by deltateam: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2019
Abfinest007:
the world only recognise winners.super eagles for the trophy

You can get rewarded for your passion monetarily.

You can multiply your wealth by 4 because the odds in bet9ja for Nigeria to carry the cup is 4!

What are you still waiting for? Cash out your whole savings of about #500 000 and book the bet today. By months end, you will get #2 million and become newest millionaire.

Congratulations!
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by OakPearl(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
Christmasdon:
Why are u people derailing this topic. that is why people fail exams.

grin grin grin
Re: AFCON: AS Roma Congratulates Nigeria, Super Eagles Responds by unapologetic147: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
OakPearl:

My brother my major wahala na our keeper. Too jittery and lacks confidence.
bro see d SA goal sef d guy fall down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Champions League Final: Liverpool Fan Buys £40 Car To Travel For Madrid (photos / 'Most Beautiful' Super Falcons Michelle Alozie Admits Having A Crush On Iwobi / Uche Okechukwu Becomes A Professional Hunter (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.