Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (617779 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sureboii: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hey, as long as you don’t have a 3rd class in your first degree you can apply under cat A. I know of someone who was sent back but the VO sent a mail to reschedule and apologized when he came back. He has a 2:2 and was going for bachelors as well. Good luck
CruiseControl:

Hello House....

Hello Deustchemann.... God bless you all!!!

Do you know that I just realised I made a terrible mistake from the beginning. I applied under category B instead of A!

Because based on Sureboii post and success, I should be in Category A even though am going for a second degree. I have a first class already and going for another degree which means I should be under category A. From what I saw on German embassy website, I thought its only those that have first class or second class upper AND GOING FOR MASTERS CAN APPLY UNDER A!

Please what can I do now?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by legionnaire(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
CruiseControl:

Hello House....

Hello Deustchemann.... God bless you all!!!

Do

Bro I think you're qualified for Cat A
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Heisenberglos: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=pompido post=81064335]On today's episode of how students survive in Germany, here are a few points for you all... cheesy

A popular scholarship is the Deutschlandstipendium (w w w . deutschlandstipendium . de / index . ht ml) which is open to everyone ─ regardless of nationality or personal and parental income. Applications should typically be filed from your home country, but if you're already in Germany, you should apply within the first 15 months.

The first contact point should be the social office in the Studentenwerk or the academic international offices of the university if in ''financial distress''. The advisors there know who at each university helps international students in financial difficulty. The social office also provides information on financial help from the state which you might be able to apply for.

One-off financial support can be applied for from the catholic (KSG: w w w . f h o k . de / struk tur en / hochschulgemeinden-vor-ort / ) or the evangelical (ESG: google ESG + your city on google) student community of the universities. At some universities there are also private societies that support international students, so ask around.

Education Loan
The education loan programme (“Bildungskreditprogramm”), run by the German federal government, offers financial aid to students. Unlike the BAföG, the “Bildungskredit” is a loan with no grant elements. That means that you will have to repay the full amount at an interest rate of 0.75% (as of June 2017). The loan will be paid in monthly installments....

Impressive information. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Adejare011: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Has anyone gotten AD today?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mudi4u: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Visa interview 27th May. Funded before the interview
Got the Approval today
Start of Enrolment 1st of October
School, Ruhr university bochum and the course is Materials Science and Simulation.

Thanks to everyone here who contributed in one way or the other to make this place a success haven. You guys have been immense. Patience, persistence and Faith on God is the key. Las Las we all go dey alright... Am short of words, this is the much I can say now. One love y'all. Godspeed

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kratos14: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mudi4u:
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Got the Approval today
School, Ruhr university bochum and the course is Materials Science and Simulation.

Congrats bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by daviduzy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Congrats!!!

Mudi4u:
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Got the Approval today

Thanks to everyone here who contributed in one way or the other to make this place a success haven. You guys have been immense. Patience, persistence and Faith on God is the key. Las Las we all go dey alright... Am short of words, this is the much I can say now. One love y'all. Godspeed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mudi4u:
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Got the Approval today

Congratulations!! Please is it BSc or MSc?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mudi4u: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
sassy92:

Congratulations!! Please is it BSc or MSc?

Msc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by asamwababy: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
UbiPetrus:
Please, cancel and rebook. So many people are passing through your situation, unfortunately. Just cancel and rebook while hoping that your school considers the circumstances surrounding your possible late arrival.

Where you able to rebook yesterday.

I did for my nephew and no luck yet.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dailydolar(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
umaga1991:

Won’t the embassy ask for proof of extension?? That’s if you can enroll by proxy
I don't think you understand what enrollment is if U do you won't ask this question
Can you ask someone that have registered for a course to show you his jamb form ?
Once you enroll and have enrollment certificate bros na game over ooo U fit enter for December like my guy last winter

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ray999(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
UbiPetrus:
Yes. Cancel and rebook.
You are not alone.
Find out also if you enroll online or have someone in Germany enroll for you.
As part of the documents the school required is power of attorney form... To allow third party with the implementation of my enrollment
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ray999(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
Richmondoau:
Which school is that?
Humboldt University Berlin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by horlorladey(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mudi4u:
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Got the Approval today
School, Ruhr university bochum and the course is Materials
Congratulations bro. More wins for us all!!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Annestacia: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
UbiPetrus:
I wonder how he even called you bro after reading Annestacia. grin

grin cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Annestacia: 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Apologies, sis. God bless you

it's ok, I totally understand. God bless you too.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by safs123: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please as anybody been able to contact the embassy regarding Monday and Tuesday being public holidays for appointments?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UbiPetrus: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
asamwababy:

Where you able to rebook yesterday.

I did for my nephew and no luck yet.
Was able to rebook. Still waiting for a date.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UbiPetrus: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
ray999:
Humboldt University Berlin
Wow! Great Uni in a great City.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by seungold1929: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=safs123 post=81070404]Please as anybody been able to contact the embassy regarding Monday and Tuesday being public holidays for appointments?[/quote
Its not a German public holiday
So no problem
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sureboii: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Yes bro.
Philfit:
Congratulations bro, did you go to CU?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MarkGud(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mudi4u:
Finally AM Don Land o

Thank you Lord

Got the Approval today

congrats my man. see you in DE, keep in touch oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Elegantlemmy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
Congrats bro. I key into that. Got admitted to RUB too (EELP).

Got the Approval today
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by horlorladey(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
safs123:
Please as anybody been able to contact the embassy regarding Monday and Tuesday being public holidays for appointments?
no need to contact the embassy. Interview will hold.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UbiPetrus: 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
Who got AD today?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by bexyg: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello,

Please which is the best and preferred German Health Insurance to choose under Coracle travel insurance?

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by tejaf05: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thanks for your response. Do you mean that I should read it from part 1? I can see there are now 5 parts to this thread.
Deustchemann:

1. You can attend your interview without funding. If you've gone through people's transcripts here, many go without funding, and they were told to forward the funding confirmation ASAP. Some even get AM without funding, and they submit the confirmation alongside their passport before visa is issued.
2. Go to playstore and download Fintiba app. Register for a blocked account via fintiba basic. Fill in the required details and upload the required documents. Your account will be opened and you'll get the documents you need
3. You must take your passport to the interview. It will be returned to you after the interview, if you have it in Lagos.
4. Read through the thread from page 1. There are tens of interview transcripts for your consumption.
Please make sure you read. It's for your good.

Jah bless

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by asamwababy: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
It appears people that booked yesterday are yet to get AD.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by cherche: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hi guys! Please asides from the expected block account for living expenses, am I to show a separate sponsorship statement of account at the embassy? My school is a private university in Germany and tuition is not free for masters program of two years.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by UrekMazino(m): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
I greet the house here!
Anyone going to Ingolstadt here or know anyone that attends the school? I don't understand how their enrollment fully is please... I need assistance thanks!
Here is what they said which I don't understand....

Your claim for the university place expires if you don’t enrol provisionally until the above named date.(*I have already enrolled provisionally by uploading my passport for the student ID card*) Unclaimed university places will possibly be awarded to another applicant. Provisional enrolment does only lead to actual enrolment when the requirements for enrolment are met until four weeks after the beginning of the semester, which means until 29th of October 2019 at the latest. On 30th of October 2019 all remaining provisional enrolments will be terminated automatically. For a Checklist for enrolment please have a look on page 3. To ensure smooth running of your enrolment procedure please follow the steps in the given order. The University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt is only obliged to enrol you when you fulfill the remaining requirements for enrolment of the university. You can only attend lectures at the University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt as soon as you are enrolled. Before enrolment, you don’t have insurance coverage at the University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt. The winter semester 2019/2020 starts on 1st of October 2019 and ends on 14th of March 2020. Start of lectures is on 1st of October 2019.

THIS IS THE CHECKLIST PAGE 3
Checklist for Enrolment Provisional enrolment: Enter the section “Status of my application” in the PRIMUSS-application portal, upload the picture for your student-ID-card and complete the process by clicking on the “provisional enrolment”-buttons until you see the sentence “you are enrolled provisionally” written in green. Provisional enrolment only is possible within the above named period. ☐ Pay student union fee: We strongly recommend to transfer the student union fee only after you obtained your VISA as the university can’t transfer it back in case enrolment can’t take place. Account holder: Staatsoberkasse Bayern in Landshut IBAN: DE30700500001001190315 BIC: BYLADEMMXXX Bank: Bayerische Landesbank Amount: 42,00 EUR Purpose of Payment: 00106909 EG-B hukon When you transfer from outside the EU, please be aware of possible bank charges. Exactly 42,00 EUR of incoming payment need to be registered on the above named account. Therefore we recommend to find out about the charges of your bank in advance! ☐ Get health insurance certificate of German public health insurance company: Non-German applicants please book an appointment at a German public health insurance company of their choice and buy insurance coverage. Usually you immediately get proof of your new insurance coverage. German applicants please ask for the “Versicherungsbescheinigung zur Vorlage bei der Hochschule” at their public health insurance company. (German as well as non-German) Applicants with private health insurance coverage also have to book an appointment at a German public health insurance company. At this appointment the insurance coverage will be checked, and the applicant also gets a certificate in case the private health insurance coverage is sufficient. The certificate (called “Versicherungsbescheinigung zur Vorlage bei der Hochschule”) of the German public health insurance company has to be uploaded in the application-portal. ☐ Complete upload area: For enrollment additional documents emerge in the upload-documents-area. Please check on it and complete your upload-documents-area. All documents listed in the upload-documents-area need to be uploaded and need to have the status OK (after they were checked), otherwise enrollment can’t take place. ☐ Submit documents for verification: Please print the form on the following page (page 4), sign it in the original and send it, along with the named documents as certified copies, by post to the University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt. Original documents of course also will be accepted, but we recommend to submit certified copies.

As soon as the listed points are met accumulatively you will be enrolled. Your student ID card will be stored for collection at the Service Point for Student Affairs (room A 006) and you will be informed via e-mail from when you can fetch it. User name and initial password for the university platforms then will be displayed in the PRIMUSS application portal right after the log-in.

INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
Dear Student, First of all, congratulations from the International Office on your acceptance to our institution. This letter will provide you with important steps to follow. Apply for a German Student Visa, if you need one  If you are from a Non-EU-country, the most important issue you must deal with now is applying for a visa.  Find out if you need a student visa and how to apply for a student visa here (link).  Unfortunately, THI is not in the position to influence the duration of your visa application process. Please contact the German diplomatic mission in your home country in case of any questions. Provide proof of financial means (link) for a visa application  Students from non-EU countries need to provide proof of financial means (853€ per month) for their stay in Germany = €10 236 for a year.  Banks offering blocked accounts for this purpose: Coracle, Fintiba, Expatrio, Deutsche Bank Obtain the (German public) health insurance (link)  As you probably already know, valid health insurance is compulsory for enrolment in German universities. We strongly recommend to obtain the German public health insurance.  Several companies provide this service online: Coracle, Fintiba Plus package in combination with blocked bank account, Expatrio. Register at THI  Follow the instructions given in the Checklist for Enrolment (page 3).

PLS I KNOW ITS TOO MICH TO ASK BUT PLS READ AND ASSIST ME SO AS TO KNOW HOW FAR.... WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Wande15(f): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
I had my interview today. Got to the embassy at 6.20am and met a long queue. I was supposed to be among the 3rd set of students to go in but Paulinus sent me back cos I dropped my application form when he didn't ask me to. That man is a funny man lol. Can't forget when he seized a man's cap and told the security man he disobeyed one of their rules. I'm heading to TU Dresden, Ecosystem Services.
I was interviewed by the woman with blonde hair. She collected my documents, passport and asked me basic questions like category I booked and why, when did I book, my BSc grade, do I have a certificate from Goethe institute, which school did I finish from and what year, how many female halls are in my school, how much I funded and which bank, course and school I'm heading to, asked me to confirm my email and phone number and sign some documents.
After this I did my biometrics and she asked me to pick up the phone
Then she asked me the following questions:
1)What course are you going for
2)Which city will you live in
3)How is it related to your undergraduate degree
4)What will this course do for you
5)Have you ever applied for ANY( in capital letters cos she emphasized the any lol) visa before
6)Have you been to Germany and do you have friends or relatives there
7)Why Germany
coolTell me what you know about Germany
9)What's your plan after completing your studies
10)What's the title of your BSc thesis
Then she said thats all my office will get back to you.
I pray God grants our heart desires sooner than we expect. Please is there anyone else heading to Zittau here

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Legacy666(f): 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Wande15:
I had my interview today. Got to the embassy at 6.20am and met a long queue. I was supposed to be among the 3rd set of students to go in but Paulinus sent me back cos I dropped my application form when he didn't ask me to. That man is a funny man lol. Can't forget when he seized a man's cap and told the security man he disobeyed one of their rules. I'm heading to TU Dresden, Ecosystem Services.
I was interviewed by the woman with gold hair. She collected my documents, passport and asked me basic questions like category I booked and why, when did I book, my BSc grade, do I have a certificate from Goethe institute, which school did I finish from and what year, how many female halls are in my school, how much I funded and which bank, course and school I'm heading to, asked me to confirm my email and phone number and sign some documents.
After this I did my biometrics and she asked me to pick up the phone
Then she asked me the following questions:
1)What course are you going for
2)Which city will you live in
3)How is it related to your undergraduate degree
4)What will this course do for you
5)Have you ever applied for ANY( in capital letters cos she emphasized the any lol) visa before
6)Have you been to Germany and do you have friends or relatives there
7)Why Germany
coolTell me what you know about Germany
9)What's your plan after completing your studies
10)What's the title of your BSc thesis
Then she said thats all my office will get back to you.
I pray God grants our heart desires sooner than we expect. Please is there anyone else heading to Zittau here

Congratulations, AM in a short while.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.