Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (614378 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by BBiggie: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please can someone help with the German embassy email address
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by doppelganger10: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
Donfal80:
Hello guys am new here and I have been trying to follow what all had been saying with respect to AD and the likes.

I have a challenge and it's that I had booked an appointment with the Embassy since 13th of May under category B but till now am yet to get AD. I had done online enrollment with the school (Deggendorf) but I still have to show in person by 31st of October. Any Advice pls.

Help a soul here oo

Maybe you should cancel the booking you have done earlier- just my opinion! Then rebook again. I have been seeing people getting ADs even in that catB, I wonder why yours is taking that long. Someone recently posted of getting in catB and he booked some days ago. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by djlaqua91(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hello house

Visa interview done and dusted. Arrived past 6am did the interview by 2pm. Will post transcript when man settles down. Wishing you all the best

12 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by legionnaire(m): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
djlaqua91:
Hello house

Visa interview done and dusted. Arrived past 6am did the interview by 2pm. Will post transcript when man settles down. Wishing you all the best

AM on the way

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 5:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
djlaqua91:
Hello house

is the wait time normally that long? how many people were ahead of you?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by djlaqua91(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
evergreen9:

is the wait time normally that long? how many people were ahead of you?

Quite a lot because I left the queue to address something and lost my early position due to Paulinus lol. We were many today. I don't know if maybe the VOs took longer today than usual for the interviews lol

I still had about 8-12 people behind me though. We were mixed with some folks who came for other visa reasons

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by djlaqua91(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
TRANSCRIPT PROPER:

Arrived the embassy by 6am. I had to go edit a part of my visa application page print out which made me lose my place on the queue lol. Had my interview by 2pm with a fair lady. She was strict and didn't appreciate jokes or smiles lol.
Paid my fee, did biometric, filled some forms, I had to borrow biro from someone outside lol.

Questions weren't many for mine, seems she was tired:
Have you funded (first question)
Name of program
What campus location of the uni
Why you wanna study the course
Facts about Germany generally.
Facts on germany economically, politically, geographically?
Why Germany?
Why not US/UK
Any other questions?, I asked mine but the woman didn't answer me when I cracked a funny question in form a joke. So I told her I had change left when I remembered. Collected it. I couldn't leave 1 naira for that no joy lady lol.

so I said nothing else and went away. We thank God.

Wishing all of us success.

11 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Philfit(m): 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
djlaqua91:
TRANSCRIPT PROPER:

Arrived the embassy by 6am. I had to go edit a part of my visa application page print out which made me lose my place on the queue lol. Had my interview by 2pm with a fair lady. She was strict and didn't appreciate jokes or smiles lol.
Paid my fee, did biometric, filled some forms, I had to borrow biro from someone outside lol.

Questions weren't many for mine, seems she was tired:
Have you funded (first question)
Name of program
What campus location of the uni
Why you wanna study the course
Facts about Germany generally.
Facts on germany economically, politically, geographically?
Why Germany?
Why not US/UK
Any other questions?, I asked mine but the woman didn't answer me when I cracked a funny question in form a joke. So I told her I had change left when I remembered. Collected it. I couldn't leave 1 naira for that no joy lady lol.

so I said nothing else and went away. We thank God.

Wishing all of us success.
Congratulations... AM on the way
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Metronimos: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
Eldeee:

I just checked it out now but seem to be getting a slightly higher figure from what you just wrote here. How did you go about it? How did you get the figure, are you sure you are using the exact exchange rates? Kindly cross check again for clarity purpose.

How slightly higher? I used the conversion rate of #360-$1, but with #365-$1exchange rate, it's about #4-5500 diff.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Onyxqueen: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
Donfal80:
Hello guys am new here and I have been trying to follow what all had been saying with respect to AD and the likes.

I have a challenge and it's that I had booked an appointment with the Embassy since 13th of May under category B but till now am yet to get AD. I had done online enrollment with the school (Deggendorf) but I still have to show in person by 31st of October. Any Advice pls.

Help a soul here oo

Where have you been naw, cancel ND rebook with cat A jor!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by yusuftosin: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hello house

Is it safe to use Coracle Travel insurance please?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by djlaqua91(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
Philfit:

Congratulations... AM on the way

Amen, thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bamstar007: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
I think it’s a bad thing if you will Pm me and refused to follow up after my reply.... this is third person in two days, at least if you don’t need my help anymore. You reply and say it, not just to ignore

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2019

[b]Hello Leute,

Please, any is there anyone coming to BochuM, NRW this winter.

Let run package[/b].
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Omoawoke: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Who has booked under category B recently and has gotten a date

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Cestmoi1(f): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
#stretches
Good evening all.... Slept off to get my bearing back.

Application for admission- Between April and May
Admission- July
Booked and canceled twice, final booking was 27th of July, used November 5 as deadline,ticked Abuja ( even though the VO said I didn't), didn't get a date. I gave up and started preparing for summer, asked my school for deferment just last week but AD came in Monday morning with today's date mogbe������. I was numb and destabilized. 24 hours to prepare and find myself in Lagos. (Long story but I suffered no be small)

Arrived the embassy 4.30 because where I was to the embassy was far, went back 6.30am. Mr Paulinus is not strict o, people can like to exaggerate. Do the right thing and you won't have a problem with him. He commended me and a lady for being fast ( he almost used 'ma'am' to finish my life). I can't remember the time I entered but I made sure I got Cubicle 4,a young guy.
He asked for my school, I told him(Humboldt University of Berlin) and said I was going to one of the best. By the time I finished signing, dating and answering all his questions, I was already exhausted.

Interview proper
Name of school
Course
About Germany (Science, technology, geography, just general knowledge of)
About the city (Berlin)
My Bsc thesis
Why I wanna study the course
My goals after studies when I return back to Nigeria

That's all

He gave me my receipt, and showed me the email to send my BA confirmation to. He told me by Sept 1,it will change to 10,236 euros and thats the amount i should fund. He then took #500 from my visa fee and asked me to use it as tfare back to Abuja. We both laughed.

The end

PS..... I can't believe I joined the queue of AM waiters list in a space of 1week. I pray I get it oooo. Special thanks to Deutschmann, Uju, Isaac, Feyi, Victor and Moses. I may have skipped some details cos I have a short memory.

Thank you all

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Omoawoke: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
freakky:
A friend of my just got an appointment date for category B date of interview is November 1

Pls what's the enrollment deadline he used
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by freakky(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
Omoawoke:

Pls what's the enrollment deadline he used
A date in December.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Donfal80: 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
I was just waiting that no where dem wan carry am go ni o that I will definitely get AD after the wait of 3 months. I thought of canceling and rebooking too but the challenge is that am not qualified for category A. Cos I had Third class and am going for another B.Sc.
till now, AD is not coming in
Onyxqueen:

Where have you been naw, cancel ND rebook with cat A jor!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Eldeee(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
Metronimos:

How slightly higher? I used the conversion rate of #360-$1, but with #365-$1exchange rate, it's about #4-5500 diff.

It seems they increase the fare with time as I have been getting different values from what you got. I presume booking directly to the airline companies is much more better, my thoughts anyway.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Goztino(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Glory be to God Almighty for giving me hope when I thought all hope was lost.

Interview date. = 7th June (category A)
Sent my SL on = 21st August
AM dropped on = 28th August
Enrollment deadline = 31st October
School Name = RWTH Aachen University
School starts = 7th October

Glory be to God

Finally, my international passport has been disvirgined by the German embassy and all my original documents returned to me.
Submitted my Passport and health on Thursday last week, got visa today.

Glory be to God Almighty.
Glory be to God

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kamps: 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Goztino:

Glory be to God

Am so happy for you, Bro... So so happy.

Finally, make we enter DE!
Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Basalt(m): 8:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Goztino:

Glory be to God

waoooo, SL took just one week to get verified?
Congratulations on your AM
God is indeed wonderful
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ray999(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
Cestmoi1:
#stretches

Application for admission- Between April and May
Admission- July
Booked and canceled twice, final booking was 27th of July, used November 5 as deadline,ticked Abuja ( even though the VO said I didn't), didn't get a date. I gave up and started preparing for summer, asked my school for deferment just last week but AD came in Monday morning with today's date mogbe������. I was numb and destabilized. 24 hours to prepare and find myself in Lagos. (Long story but I suffered no be small)

Arrived the embassy 4.30 because where I was to the embassy was far, went back 6.30am. Mr Paulinus is not strict o, people can like to exaggerate. Do the right thing and you won't have a problem with him. He commended me and a lady for being fast ( he almost used 'ma'am' to finish my life). I can't remember the time I entered but I made sure I got Cubicle 4,a young guy.
He asked for my school, I told him(Humboldt University of Berlin) and said I was going to one of the best. By the time I finished signing, dating and answering all his questions, I was already exhausted.

Interview proper
Name of school
Course
About Germany (Science, technology, geography, just general knowledge of)
About the city (Berlin)
My Bsc thesis
Why I wanna study the course
My goals after studies when I return back to Nigeria

That's all

He gave me my receipt, and showed me the email to send my BA confirmation to. He told me by Sept 1,it will change to 10,236 euros and thats the amount i should fund. He then took #500 from my visa fee and asked me to use it as tfare back to Abuja. We both laughed.

The end

PS..... I can't believe I joined the queue of AM waiters list in a space of 1week. I pray I get it oooo. Special thanks to Deutschmann, Uju, Isaac, Feyi, Victor and Moses. I may have skipped some details cos I have a short memory.

Thank you all
wow, AM awaits you. I also got admission to the same school, got admitted in August. I booked for an appointment, till now no response.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ShinaLe: 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
House please can I send 3 months travel insurance to the embassy to get my Visum?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Annestacia: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
Cestmoi1:
#stretches

The end

Thank you all

Congratulations! Welcome to the AM waiting room grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by iPOD007(m): 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
ShinaLe:
House please can I send 3 months travel insurance to the embassy to get my Visum?

Depends on what they asked you in the AM.

For some, its 3 months, some 6 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.