Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (615726 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by cooltony91: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
1 month already.
ShinaLe:

Bros I tire oo. Ur interview don reach 1 month?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bamstar007: 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Glauben:
Hello guys, I need help.

Had my interview last week Thursday, I got a rejection together with my docs yesterday. The reason for the refusal is:

"There are doubts concerning the indicated purpose of your trip as well as the ability to study."

I intend to appeal but I need help especially from people who have experienced this & successfully appealed afterwards.

Contributions are highly welcome.
Sorry about that...Someone had a successful appeal a week or two ago.. you can check and ask him too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Kumkumtins: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Glauben:

1. I opened a Fintiba account & went with the make the transfer doc. I haven't funded as I intend to use SL. My sponsor just got the SL yesterday & informed me, I got a call from the courier service about 10 mins after I got the news that the SL was ready. The VO didn't ask me any question about funding, though she gave me 2 forms to sign to that effect.

2. Enrollment deadline is October 31st.

3. Begische Universität Wuppertal

4. MSc Computer Simulation in Science, specialization is Imaging in Medicine. Yes it relates, my UG degree was Physics. Had a 2:2, 3.42 Cgpa, graduated 09.

I thought I did well in the interview, maybe the VO wasn't just impressed enough.

From what you said it appears that the issue here is that you didn’t fund after going with funding documents. Also even though you intend to use SL you have not still/ had not sent the letter to them before their decision was made.
Since you now have a SL the solution is straight forward, send your SL alongside a proper motivation letter which clearly states why you want to study your course and how it would benefit your local community when you return.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
cooltony91:
1 month already.

Calm your mind dannn.

No shaking
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Philfit(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bamstar007:

Sorry about that...Someone had a successful appeal a week or two ago.. you can check and ask him too
Know the persons moniker?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by DrLiz: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jonemenike2000:
Good morning friends.

I have a
All I want to know is if there is any issues with this, or am I meant to attach any other thing to it.
Please help me with ur thoughts.
Write Fintiba to adjust to the new blocked amount for you. It's not enough to just put the money in. They clearly stated in the mail to inform them if the new amount affects you so they can adjust for those who had opened with the previous one.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fibe: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Vic13:
congrats you have finally funded. Was it through access
yes through access. Charges €73.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tommynaku: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Glauben:

1. I opened a Fintiba account & went with the make the transfer doc. I haven't funded as I intend to use SL. My sponsor just got the SL yesterday & informed me, I got a call from the courier service about 10 mins after I got the news that the SL was ready. The VO didn't ask me any question about funding, though she gave me 2 forms to sign to that effect.

2. Enrollment deadline is October 31st.

3. Begische Universität Wuppertal

4. MSc Computer Simulation in Science, specialization is Imaging in Medicine. Yes it relates, my UG degree was Physics. Had a 2:2, 3.42 Cgpa, graduated 09.

I thought I did well in the interview, maybe the VO wasn't just impressed enough.

Glauben:
Hello guys, I need help.

Had my interview last week Thursday, I got a rejection together with my docs yesterday. The reason for the refusal is:

"There are doubts concerning the indicated purpose of your trip as well as the ability to study."

I intend to appeal but I need help especially from people who have experienced this & successfully appealed afterwards.

From ma view on the bolded, the rejection is not BA related but basically has to do with either of these
1. Poor performance in your interview
2. Poor motive to convince the VO(Motivation letter)
Do you have a conditional admission or any related issues with your school or documents?

I suggest when appealing, take time to write a good motivation letter as someone had pointed out, try and block or send the SL
This time also try and check the SL very well to ensure that its ok
Wish you God's Best as everything will turn around for your good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Aque(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
VISUM ALERT! Glory be to God!

AL: May 19
AD: July 4
AM: August 16
Visum: August 30

School: Rhein Waal University of Applied Sciences
Course: Msc. Usability Engineering

I'm grateful to God and everyone on this forum for their contributions, help and support throughout this journey.
I wish everyone positive news and feedback
God bless you all!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Bbinc: 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aque:

I'm grateful to God and everyone on this forum for their contributions, help and support throughout this journey.
God bless you all!

congrats

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Eaze66: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
Congrats
MissNK:
AM alert*****

Goodluck to everyone expecting AL,AD,AM. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by oshotemi19: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aque:

God bless you all!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fibe: 2:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aque:

God bless you all!
congratulations, go to DE and succeed

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Eaze66: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
Congrats
Aque:

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Femiosoks: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aque:

God bless you all!

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ShinaLe: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
cooltony91:
1 month already.

You suppose don get ur AM na. Please mail Berlin office.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jonemenike2000(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for your response. I did this already but Fintiba didnt provide me with the new one because they haven't changed it on their website until dis morning. I have a deadline of 31-08-2019 by the embassy to submit my blocking confirmation.
Please reach me hear; jonemenike2000@yahoo.com

DrLiz:

Write Fintiba to adjust to the new blocked amount for you. It's not enough to just put the money in. They clearly stated in the mail to inform them if the new amount affects you so they can adjust for those who had opened with the previous one.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Iyke84: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
AM alert!!

AL: 23 July

AD: 31 July

AM: 30 August.

Thanks everyone for your support. The good lord will bless you all in Jesus name.....Amen!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by johnaolaniran: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
I'm so sorry to hear this.

When making/writing your appeal emphasize the reason you believe you have what it takes to undertake the study and complete it successfully. It could be work related experience or probably some courses you studied during your first degree that you will build on during your masters. Google the course if you haven't yet and go through the modules of the program on the school site and give enough reasons to make them believe you know about the course you are going for and that its related to your first degree and your past work experience.

I got to discover during my last interview that german embassy frowns at students going for 2nd degree courses not related to their first degree. That's why i) they keep asking that question and ii) a friend said her VO told her out rightly that the reason why he is concerned that her bsc is not related to her proposed masters is because sometimes the embassy query the schools that "y should they give admission to someone with an unrelated bsc knowing fully well that the person may not have the prerequisite courses need to successfully complete the msc". The friend here had her bsc in microbiology and was going for brand management.

So please i know you said your courses are related but still try and emphasize how they are related and how you are sure you have what it takes to complete the masters during your appeal.

All the best.

Glauben:
Hello guys, I need help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by vivianobas: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
congratulations my dear brother.

Iyke84:
AM alert!!

Thanks everyone for your support. The good lord will bless you all in Jesus name.....Amen!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Jonemenike2000(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Congratulations bro!

Iyke84:
AM alert!!

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
fabiosmart:

Congrats

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
FELZ06:

Congratulations!! I key into this by Faith.

Amen. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
freakky:

Congratulations

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
vivianobas:
Congrats MissNK. More successful accomplishments to follow in Jesus name. Amen

Thanks dear. Amen to you too

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
oshotemi19:

Congratulations. Go to DE and prosper

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by MissNK: 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
lovable85:

Congratulations

Thanks dear.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by olanyx: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
sassy92:

1. provided your first degree is closely related to your intended masters course, you can apply. Work experience is valuable but you can still get admission without it.
2. Some schools insist you must provide an English Test (IELTS or TOEFL) while some will simply accept a letter from your university stating that your degree was taught in English (known as English Proficiency Letter-EPL). So check the requirements of the various schools you're interested in. But if you have the means, please write the English test as it will increase the number of schools you can apply to.
3. You can get a scholarship, check daad.de for available scholarships.
4. Your sponsor must be someone living and legally working in Germany. As for speed, the second name for this German waka is called PATIENCE. There's no way to fast track this process and don't let anyone scam you by promising you fast tracking.
5. Check Google, there are many sample templates.

Extra tip: Since you're a winter 2020 hopeful, you have a lot of time to plan and prepare. Go on DAAD/Google/WIkipedia and search for schools/courses, get a pen and jotter and write all the schools, courses, application requirements, application mode (whether online or via post or via uniassist), application timeframe. Start gathering your documents. Please sort out the issue of funding because from November 1st, 2019, the embassy requires all coming for student visa interview to come with their proof of funds. And read and follow this thread, you'll gain an immense wealth of knowledge. All the best!!

Meaning for 2020 entry, no more SL but BA.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tommynaku: 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
Glauben:
Hello guys, I need help.

Glauben:

Hello guys, I had my interview at the German embassy yesterday & it was largely uneventful.

Got inside, waited maybe 10 mins & was asked to enter cubicle 2. The VO was a young, dark lady with long braids. She was kinda casual with her approach & actually excused herself to go gist twice while she was asking basic questions & typing away on her pc. I was like, really? I sighted the the woman with the coloured dreadlocks inside too.

She didn't even signify when the interview proper started, the questions were the usual questions here, & she didn't even ask me half of the questions I was expecting. However she kept asking is that all? when I answered the few questions she asked me.

Now, the part that I really did not like was that there was no phone (or i didn't see one) from my own end of the partition. She practically expected me to shout, which I didn't like at all. I mean I can almost reach out & touch her if not for the glass partition & you expect me to shout like we are 10 meters apart? I didn't think that was good enough.

The last question she asked me was my plans after study, I answered her & she told me the interview was over. I'm not sure I even said thanks, just gently packed my stuff & left. Another odd thing was, she didn't verbally ask me about funding or advise me to fund immediately like I have read about for some VOs on here. Although, she gave me two other forms to fill which covers the issue of funding & the email it should be sent to.

That's pretty much about it. Good luck with everyone.
The first step to sloving any problem is the identification of the problem. If you ask me, I can say there were really some issues during your interview....please check the bolded from your interview transcript

1. You said it was quite uneventful
2 While the interview was on, she excused herself twice while asing basic ques. There may be things she was asking about your document or.....
3. She didnt even signify when the interview started. She may have spotted somethings that she feels may/would disqualify you, but just need to conclude or carry on
4. She didnt even ask you half of the questions you were expecting!! What question did she really ask or stressed on?
5. I'm not sure i even said thanks!! This shows there were issues with the whole process
6. Another odd thing was, she didn't verbally ask me about funding or advise me to fund immediately like I have read about for some VOs on here.....This can tell you funding isn't the real issue
Brother like I said earlier check your documents very well, I mean every of your documents.
What was it that made her excuse you twice. that could be the main issue??
After all the checks and corrections, you can then appeal with your SL and we join our faith with yours that things will turn around for your good
Best wishes

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Glauben: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll try to connect with dolpaz & boss733, sent them pms already.

Looks like a case of poor performance, thought I did well but the VO obviously thought otherwise.

The admission process was actually in two stages; first, I had to send my transcript for it to be evaluated that I qualify from the Scientific point of view, it was after I was given the go ahead that I applied via uni-assist officially. And no, it wasn't a conditional admission.

Still counting on you guys to pull this off.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.