Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (635503 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
Thanx very much, well explained. I have done some research on DAAD and i discovered a school to study Environmental Geosciences at the university of Bayreuth for summer, I want to apply for myself only but i want my wife to follow me, please how do i include her.

[quote author=leo2sexy post=83243259]1 Well most universities are tuition free so u are good there. but regarding scholarships you should check DAAD, scholarships are there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good day everyone, I have done some research on DAAD and i discovered a school to study Environmental Geosciences at the university of Bayreuth for summer, I want to apply for myself only but i want my wife to follow me, please how do i include her. please the gurus should help please.

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by doppelganger10: 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
fabulouskill:
Good day everyone, I have done some research on DAAD and i discovered a school to study Environmental Geosciences at the university of Bayreuth for summer, I want to apply for myself only but i want my wife to follow me, please how do i include her. please the gurus should help please.

Thanks.

You should worry about getting admitted first? Or have you been admitted?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by cliper230(m): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
When was your AD
Udemx:
Please if you are going to TU Chemnitz, for Winter and yet to get AM or Visa, kindly signify...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by gentyholar: 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hello, is there schools with tuition or No tuition for summer with business related courses. Anyone with a useful info please.

Have searched daad already biko.
Masters
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by cliper230(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
God Canada and USA student visa section you go see plenty Visa rejection rate
HighPriest0:

Nobody can answer that for you.
The answer lies within you.

If you have such money, why not look at countries like USA and Canada
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by walexy06(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
NelsonOBN:
AM Alert!

AL 2nd July
AD 13th Aug
AM 15th Oct

Masters Insect Biotechnology and Bioresources
Justus Liebig University, Gießen.

Thanks to @ Deutschmann, Sassy, Seungold, Chimax, walexy (a brother from another mother) and Aderiike (My realest), as well as to every other member of this Nairaland family.
Oh dear blooder... Nothing gives me joy more than this. I was over happy when you broke the news to me. I m so glad for you bro. Success buddy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Betterlife30: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
Please how much is DHL to Germany?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ligogu: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hello folk. Please is it true that i will be funding my block account every year if i want to renew my residence permit Because the guru that are here mentioned something like, German immigration give only 1 year residence permit, then you gonna renew it every year. Please how true is this
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by HighPriest0(m): 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ligogu:
Hello folk. Please is it true that i will be funding my block account every year if i want to renew my residence permit Because the guru that are here mentioned something like, German immigration give only 1 year residence permit, then you gonna renew it every year. Please how true is this

It depends on the city... Some cities especially small ones give you for the duration of your studies.. 2years or 3 years. While some especially large ones give you for just a year or even six months.

Concerning blocking your account for renewal, you can come here with BA and later switch to using SL for renewal. Some cities will require you to have just like 3k euro in your account, some will require you to have more than that.

Like I said, it all depends on the city.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by leo2sexy: 1:11am On Oct 20, 2019
fabulouskill:

Thanx very much, well explained. I have done some research on DAAD and i discovered a school to study Environmental Geosciences at the university of Bayreuth for summer, I want to apply for myself only but i want my wife to follow me, please how do i include her.

i will advice u go there first then she come and meet u through family reunion.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Awani007(m): 2:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Pcozzy:

BTU Cottbus. Here is the link. https://www.b-tu.de/en/study/study-programmes?tx_btucoursesofstudies_list%5Bfilter%5D%5Binternational%5D=1

Bro do they take EPL in this school?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Tekecoms1(m): 3:26am On Oct 20, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Starred
Thanks for this but I am sorry to tell you that all the schools you posted here still requests a language test.
If you want to help please do and not further add to the stress.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by HighPriest0(m): 4:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Awani007:

Bro do they take EPL in this school?
They don't
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by chuksinfotech: 4:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Dear Friends,

Good Morning, Sincerely, broken is actually an understatement for my current situation right now. And if I tell you that I am strong I am actually lying. I really don’t want to go into details of some personal issues right now.
But this is my situation. I have asked that question some time ago on this platform, about my inability to secure a date for my interview even after booking the same time with my colleagues who got dates.
I made a call across to the Consulate office on Friday afternoon to enquire why I was never called up for Visa Interview and a lady asked when am I to resume, I truthfully told her 14th October. And she analysed the timeline for me, that it takes at least 3 months to process a Visa, which practically means I can’t make it to join my counterparts this semester.

Brethren, Please share your thoughts with me on this issue. This is from my enrolment

IMMATRIKULATIONS-BESCHEINIGUNG
Wintersemester 2019/2020
(01.10.2019-31.03.2020)

Which means I have till march before my enrolment expires and I am yet to write for any extension from my student secretariat at school.
Please, unapologetically advise me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 6:05am On Oct 20, 2019
leo2sexy:
i will advice u go there first then she come and meet u through family reunion.
Thanks but isn't it possible to carry her as I am going?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by fabulouskill: 6:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Thanks very much,

leo2sexy:
1 Well most universities are tuition free so u are good there. but regarding scholarships you should check DAAD, scholarships are there.

2, it is adviced here before u apply on your own first, however if you can block for two of you no problem.
3 before u book for visa u have to have your admission letter first, your block account confirmation, then u book, and I presume u don't have that presently.
4 your cert, transcript, waec results, English proficiency letter .
5 u can be looking for money to fund your account, however don't fund till u have gotten admission letter then AD.

And by the way I am a geologist too, for environmental geosciences tubingen and TU darmstadt do offer such but don't know if they do offer for summer but am sure of winter please check , please do check DAAD. you must research in this German waka. Courses in summer are pretty limited unlike winter so you applying for just environmental geosciences might be risky.

Good luck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2019
chuksinfotech:
Dear Friends,

Good Morning, Sincerely, broken is actually an understatement for my current situation right now. And if I tell you that I am strong I am actually lying. I really don’t want to go into details of some personal issues right now.
But this is my situation. I have asked that question some time ago on this platform, about my inability to secure a date for my interview even after booking the same time with my colleagues who got dates.
I made a call across to the Consulate office on Friday afternoon to enquire why I was never called up for Visa Interview and a lady asked when am I to resume, I truthfully told her 14th October. And she analysed the timeline for me, that it takes at least 3 months to process a Visa, which practically means I can’t make it to join my counterparts this semester.

Brethren, Please share your thoughts with me on this issue. This is from my enrolment

IMMATRIKULATIONS-BESCHEINIGUNG
Wintersemester 2019/2020
(01.10.2019-31.03.2020)

Which means I have till march before my enrolment expires and I am yet to write for any extension from my student secretariat at school.
Please, unapologetically advise me.
Don't give up hope yet. Have you been following this thread?
First of all, you need to write to your school and ask for enrollment extension. Get extension to December/January. Then you can cancel and rebook.
See ehn, don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you don't make it for winter, then you can make summer. Either defer your admission to summer or start applying for schools for summer.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2019
fabulouskill:

No it's not unless she also gets admission then she'll be going as a student on student visa. It's better for you to go first and let her join you on family reunion visa. With family reunion visa she'll be able to work while you study (students can also work but for 20 hours per week)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sanny21: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2019
fabulouskill:

Expect she is applying for a student visa too u can only fill a form stating u have a wife then Wen u get there and u have the funds to show u can take care of her wen she comes den u can go for a family reunion visa but she going with u I don't know how u are going to do that only the option of her going through school or anyother way which is not too sure than the student visa.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mickyboiz: 7:37am On Oct 20, 2019
Thanks bro
Immafrank:

IN ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS POST

Information is Vital here and so is everywhere. What you need/looking for is always somewhere, you just need to connect with the right person/use the right keyword for searching.

Some of our 9ja brothers here tend to hide information from their fellow 9jas even though it doesn't stop them from achieving their aim. So i tend to roll with more white people, in most cases, if you don't talk to them, they won't talk to you, so i always shoot first. A Brazilian friend of mine once sent me a job link when i told her i was looking for a part time job, it was a job related to my field and this company was looking for working students to work with some kinda data, no German needed. You will never find the job using google except you visit their website. Unfortunately, i didn't get the job but i was glad i applied as the interview taught me some new lessons on an international level. So don't feel too proud to ask for help/information, you never know the kind of information that fellow is holding.

AFTER RESUMPTION for the first semester and registration of courses, you might wanna check the next semester module, talk to students that did the courses in the previous semester to know how far, This is important so you wont go and larimo one professor Albert Einstein especially when the course is not really related to your Bachelor degree. A German student once told me not to choose a particular professor for a course project supervisor, i asked other fellows and they said the same.

If you have a knack for programming and you are proficient in Python, Java and JavaScript, you don't know what God has done for you.

Also, if you studied something related to Media in Nigeria like Mass Comm, you might wanna check Masters in Media and Communication Science in TU Ilmenau, the application is online (no need to send hard copy docs) and the admission is valid for 2 years but you get to pay application processing fees of 25 euros. For online application for Geoscience courses, you might wanna check University of Bremen. There is masters in Geodetic Engineering at University of Bonn, the program offers 3 specializations, but i think its only for winter application but the application is online.

Lastly, i have said this before and i will say it again, new applicants applying to uni assist (Masters), when sending your documents, look for courses in TU Berlin and University of Potsdam and apply there too, both universities are under uni assist but you don't need to pay processing fees as both universities have already covered the cost for their master programs.
If you are going to state of Brandenburg particularly University of Potsdam, try and get your Residence permit in Berlin, you get 2 to 3 years, although accommodation might be a problem in Berlin. In Potsdam, you only get 1 year RP, for the second year, they might tell to fund another 9k euros to renew your RP. So make your research well. Your school ID card (either TU Berlin or Uni Potsdam) gives you free transportation that covers for Berlin-Brandenburg including all Trains and local buses., so no issue with Transportation cost.

NOTE: if you graduated from Houdegbe North American University Benin Republic, don't bother applying to Germany as your school is not recognized here.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by odimbannamdi(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Tekecoms1:

Thanks for this but I am sorry to tell you that all the schools you posted here still requests a language test.

shocked

First of all, i wasnt the one who responded to you with that list of schools. Hadampson did. I doubt i will ever make a list of schools to spoonfeed someone who will be going for studies where a lot of personal research is emphasized. Afterall, the schools i applied to, no one recommended them to me. I sweated my ass on daad and Google to get them.

Secondly, i am taken aback at your sense of entitlement. Someone took the pains to respond to your request with a list that is so detailed that i even had to star it for my future reference, and the least you could do is to make such nasty remarks?

Keep waiting for people to make further list for you, you hear. One of my schools closed their application portal since October 15th. More will close by November. By the time you wake up, Summer applications will be closed. Keep waiting bro.

Nonsense!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Tekecoms1:

don't want a test?

How many schools do you think you'll be applying with epl and competing with ppl who forward language tests?
Are you helping yourself by not doing it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2019
Mickyboiz:
Thanks bro

Guy are you sure you alright? This is Sunday morning!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by naijabat2001: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Please house, how long does it take to get a mail from German Embassy after submitting your passport, as my cousin Submitted on Monday
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Tekecoms1:

Guy you no try. I and Hadampson responded to you with a list of schools, schools that someone painstakingly took time to compile and this is what you can say? OK no problem. Go and do your research yourself.
And if you're going for summer, I advise you write English test. Schools are very scarce for summer and you'll be limiting yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Stevenssen(m): 8:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Tekecoms1:

unappreciative
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Veeviv: 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Slip:
What's your start date?

On the 24th of February

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chuukwudi(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Please, I am going for Winter 2020, The application to the schools I wish to attend begin in mid January.

Now, I want to book an appointment and certify my documents at the German embassy but part of their requirements, as shown on this page in their website, is that a proof of application to each university is required. Usually, it's the University's application form.

1. Is it possible to get this form now that the University 2020 winter applications isn't open yet?
Note: It doesn't look like the university gives application forms as I can't find such a thing in their applications page

It's AUTOMATION & IT, TH KÖLN.
I would like to submit my applications very early, If possible, let me be the first person to apply to the school. Applications are officially open from mid January till end of April 2020, uniassist takes about 4 weeks or more to process them.

2. Is it okay if I can lay hands on any university admission application form for this summer and apply, just to use it to certify my documents at the embassy so I can mail them to uniassist and also upload them.? Does the embassy take record of the schools one is certifying for? Is it something I will regret later? I just want the embassy to certify my documents. That's all. I don't want to wait till next year before I begin.

As shown here in uniasst's website (you need to be logged in to view it) , If I upload my stuffs today and send it to them today, they will still be with it until 31st December next year. This means that I can reuse this my proposed single ssubmission for my originally intended 2020 winter application.
Please, those of you with more experience than myself, is this a wise decision?

Thank you very much.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Tekecoms1:

I can't seem to find it yet my sister. Please assist me ma'am and I will be so grateful.

Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.