Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (628700 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Gavrelino123: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
hillsiderfak:
I didn't apply. I was just asking.do they require ielts?
No just English Proficiency letter...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Magma012: 12:07am On Oct 19, 2019
anyone studying marine geosciences in Kiel?pls pm me,, i need your assistance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by francismob: 4:20am On Oct 19, 2019
It seems the embassy always give AM a week or two to the deadline if going to a small town.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by builderperry: 5:03am On Oct 19, 2019
I have sent you a PM ma, please check

mamajj17:

Good to help dear, kindly get back to me. Let see how things can be done dear. All the very Best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by builderperry: 5:06am On Oct 19, 2019
done that sir.
Hadampson:

Thanks so much.
May God bless you smiley

@Builderperry, make sure you contact her, okay?!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by builderperry: 5:18am On Oct 19, 2019
I have sent an email to NISIG

Hadampson:

Contact Mamajj17. She lives in Hamburg

Also, try and contact the Nigeria scholars in Germany (NISIG) Hamburg chapter via email for assistance.

Check the image below. There is a link there, contact them using the link

Prost.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Betterlife30: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2019
Anybody in Ibadan sending documents to uniassist on Monday make we share cost?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by olaadesie(m): 6:59am On Oct 19, 2019
@AVO19 please how did you go about the[b] German health certificate [/b]while uploading your documents online. i sent you a pm but you didn't reply

AVO19:
Okay, will do that. Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Veeviv: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2019
Hello everyone, I am new here and need some clarifications on a few things. I registered for an appointment with the Embassy on the 26th of September under Category B and I haven’t gotten an appointment date yet, please is this normal?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2019
What's your start date?

Veeviv:
Hello everyone, I am new here and need some clarifications on a few things. I registered for an appointment with the Embassy on the 26th of September under Category B and I haven’t gotten an appointment date yet, please is this normal?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mahnuel: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2019
quote author=Betterlife30 post=83236768]Please are there people sending documents to uniassist from Ibadan make we share courier fee?[/quote]

I am
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2019
Veeviv:

Lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Betterlife30: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2019
Mahnuel:
quote author=Betterlife30 post=83236768]Please are there people sending documents to uniassist from Ibadan make we share courier fee?

I am

Please what day are you planning to send it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mahnuel: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2019
emeka2103:

I just got my first AL from Htw Berlin this week
Msc International and Development Economics

Is the AL for summer 2020
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mahnuel: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2019
Betterlife30:

Please what day are you planning to send it?

Next week but not sure of the exact date
What about you bro?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Betterlife30: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Mahnuel:

Next week but not sure of the exact date What about you bro?
Monday
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by finest0007(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2019
Been trying to pay for Memrise's yearly subscription. Used both my bank card and those of my friends even a dollar card from getbarter. Has anyone had luck subscribing in the past? I'll appreciate some help. Thanks

cc PHRANTAD Vader92
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2019
smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by akinbharbs: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2019
Thegamingorca:
smiley
Body just DE sweet you anyhow. You chop sugar?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2019
akinbharbs:

Body just DE sweet you anyhow. You chop sugar?

Nah mehnn this Deutschland dey give me joy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2019
Immafrank:
SOME USEFUL TIPS
If you are having doubts about maybe the embassy saw/read your sent e-mails or not in instances like- sending of confirmation of BA, making inquiries concerning visa delay or other inquiries at alien offices of your intended cities. You can use google mailtrack to track your e-mails (Gmail users only), whenever the embassy or any individual read your emails, it will show a double tick and number of times your email was read and a single tick if it has not been read (you get notification for this, you can disable if you want to).

http://help.mailtrack.io/customer/en/portal/articles/1385608-installing-mailtrack

That is the link to setup google mail track on PC. Note that you have to install google chrome on PC and send the email (gmail) from google chrome but you can check with mobile after sending if it has been read. There are also android mobile set up which i am not very conversant with but for iPhone users, simply download Track - Email Tracking (the app icon is a green capital T ), install and follow up instructions. you can send messages to your friends to test it.

Futhermore, for people coming this winter, Buy Jeans in 9ja, there are some good stores in 9ja with good thick jeans, One low quality jean is 29 euros up here, except you are OBO. Budget about 50-100 euros for good and warm winter jacket, I believe the one you are bringing here is just for warm up, when real cold sets in, Omo nobody will tell you to buy correct one lol, gloves and money for winter shoes esp for places that snows heavily, it doesn't really snow in Berlin compared to Munchen. Get ready to buy thick Duvet. Sometimes you have to close eyes and buy good stuffs, and stop converting to naira when you wanna buy stuffs, it helps sometimes. If you are coming around November to December, you have to get some warm wears from 9ja, else you will perish in cold from the airport. Get 2 mouth extension, change your laptop cable to 2 mouth (not the powerpack, you know what i mean), bring bed spread and curtain, clipper, flashdrive, bring flipflops, liquids are not allowed on the plane but some people travelled with palm oil (make sure to tie it very well and wrap it), if you are using BA, come wit about 400-500 before you unblock, if you are using SL, budget about 2k for the first 4 months depending on the city and expenses, remember you start spending euros from the airport. Don't bring unnecessary stuffs like rice, spag, salt, sugar. Bring garri and noodles and condiments like maggi and curry.

That temporary warms/hoodie from 9ja is very important. I could remember the day I landed at the airport, before coming out of the plane, This German girl i was talking to from the connecting flight started to bring out her winter jacket, I didn’t know whatsup up then, coming out of the plane, see this mad cold breeze that blew, immediately I started shaking because I was juss wearing a top and a soft sweater, big boy hand drop ASAP, as I was breathing, it was like I was smoking due to the smoke-like air coming from my mouth (I don’t know how else to define, nobody told me the cold was like this). Then the bus that will take us to immigration came, all the irons in the bus was damn cold, I was seriously shaking, I was looking like a rain-beaten cat, this German girl offered me her jacket, unfortunately it was small and feminine. We got our loads, it was a little bit warm inside immigration, after we got out, immediately I open my big box, I brought out two reinforcements (still not enough but okay). Luckily for me, the girl’s mom came dropped me off at the main train station which was about 20 minutes drive from the airport, that saved me some stress. it is always the best when you have somebody to meet you at the airport(like a friend or family in the city you are heading to if it has an international airport). If you have money, there are drops at the airport

For Travels and movement in DE: Download the DB Navigator for general travels (Train, buses, Tram, etc.) and if you are coming to Berlin, download the BVG Farhinfo app (its shows you the fastest route and how to navigate easily) along with the DB navigator. I will say google maps is mostly important for directions on short distances and to know durations of long and short distance travels as well. It is important to have mobile internet on your phone if you are new to a place and going out. There is also FlixBus, it is like a subsidized bus travels mainly from cities to cities and to some EU countries.

For residence permit- for cities where you have to wait about 1 month before you get your card, and that is after 1-2 months before you get appointment in some cases, and you know you need work to survive, you can ask your RP officer on the day of your appointment to give you a temporary work permit, it is like an A4 paper with all your details including passport photo and it will be stamped, the paper will state that you had applied for a RP and the type of permit you will get including the number of days you can work which is 120 full day or 240 half days in a year. First thing first is to get an accommodation which is a prerequisite for city registration and issuance of a RP.

For health insurance, its a 2 way thing, the school will say public health insurance if you are not up to 30 years and private if you are more than 30, my guys not up to 30 years are using Mawista 33 euros monthly and it was accepted. Don't know how they did that but you can make inquiry from your school. TK and AOK is around 107 euros monthly. But public is better than private, if you fall off a bicycle or get hit by a car or have a serious ailment, the public like AOK pays everything but if you are using private, you will pay yourself at first and the private will reimburse some back depending on your insurance subscription with them which you must provide proofs for and trust me, and trust me these treatments are expensive.

And lastly, learn the language while you can, in big cities like Frankfurt, Munchen, Berlin, you might not really need it but in small cities, man you mostly need it to get a job at least A2 level. In all, you need the language to be open to more opportunities.
if you will be staying in Bremen, Stuttgart, Rastatt or areas closer there or if you have friends living there that you can stay with, you can always apply for vacation job at Daimler Mercedes-Benz, for working students, they pay 15 euros per hour and you get to work 35-39 hours weekly depending on your contract (Do the Math) and you cant combine it with school work, thats why its called vacation jobs.
Here is the website for Daimler Mercedes-Benz: https://www.daimler.com/career/job-search/
from position type, click vacation job.
For Amazon Job: Amazon.force.com
For general job search: de.indeed.com
For buying of used stuffs like gadgets, and also job search in your area: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de
Use google chrome browser for opening these sites when you get here for auto translations to English.
Also, make sure to always check weather reports before going out because the weather is always funny. Android users download The Weather Channel app from play store, it is auto installed on iPhone.

When you get in, open N26 bank, one of the best online banks here. Activities are online, no bank branches, Fast and easy, Banking app is in English, its is also free including free ATM cards
Downloading of movies, and some games w/ copyright are illegal here, a German bro was fined 13,000 euros for movies download... imagine they fine you that one, you don die be that!!

ALL THE BEST GUYS!!

Immafrank, God will bless you
U are just selfless. Got valuable advise here.
Kai, God bless you ooooo

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 11:59am On Oct 19, 2019
sassy92:
Dear All,
It's been a while and I missed you all!!
Let me first start by saying that I apologise for all the negativity my actions caused on the thread last week. I'm deeply sorry.
As the admin rightly said, buying/sourcing for SL is illegal and a fraudulent act, one I've never engaged in. However, my post to @horladayour1 portrayed such. This would have created a platform for innocent people on this thread to be scammed by fraudsters. I believe this was what the admin was trying to avoid and that's why he banned me.
As moderator of this thread, @Justwise has worked tirelessly to prevent fraud of any kind here. His efforts should be commended. Thank you @Justwise for all that you do here. And thank you for reducing the ban. I can assure you that I won't repeat the mistake again.
I was touched by the number of people that spoke in my defense and the number of people who reached out to me privately. It really warmed my heart and restored my faith in humanity. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. My prayer for you is that on the day you need help/defence/support/encouragement, may you find it in abundance in Jesus name.
This thread has become family to me. And no matter what happens, you never give up on family. So I'll always be here to offer help in any way I can. It's good to be back!!
I wish us all success in our various endeavours. Peace and Love, everyone.

Madam do fast and come in here
"Du belong here wirklich" lol

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by glopatra(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
I have a question for the house. I did Elect/Elect with specialization in telecommunications B.Eng. I applied for an Msc programme with focus in Telecommunications Systems at Wismar uni of Applied Sciences. They said my ects is less than 210, that I need to do an abridged course for 4weeks at cost of about 4800 euros. I don't understand , is it that our Nigerian uni credit load is not up to standard, I thought we use the UK standard in our Universities OR this school is just looking for a way to make money?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Be careful of associations u surround with.

Never forget this pertinent question, rehearse it every morning

"What do I want"?

U will see hopeless men here too that all the want is just money to go and settle in Nigeria or white toto to Bleep.

I have found out that everybody in this Germany is just serious and on a mission, just watch out that u do not be surrounded with folks of dissimilar goals.

Someone I met told me he just needs money to go home and enter Nigeria politics and another is after money to go and settle in Nigeria and do business.

They have goals and are serious about it, so it reflects in their philosophy of staying in Germany.

But there are people u will get here, mehn ur heart and soul will always be on fire.

The 10 years allowed for studies is okay to settle u, if u know what u want. Time keeps ticking and waits for no one.

Get people like Immafrank etc around u here, u know God really love and blesses u. U won't understand. Information is power anywhere even in Germany, so I can decide to shelve a valuable info and in my small mind, I am powerful, is true but partly cos.......
So when u see someone that gives u info of everything he knows and would bless u at no cost, u understand that person has a greater spirit and

I no want write epistle abeg

Happy weekend guys

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

Immafrank, God will bless you
U are just selfless. Got valuable advise here.
Kai, God bless you ooooo

Reduce this thing nah

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by AVO19: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2019
olaadesie:

while uploading your documents online, how did u go about the German health insurance certificate? i tried to pm you but you didn't reply me

It’s not needed for admission, just put your other documents and submit. It’s only needed when you want to enroll after you’ve gotten admission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by EngrEzra: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
sassy92:

Yeah had tha same issue so I emailed the course coordinator and she said the application will start November 15 instead. For which course are you applying for?
Wow... What a relief! I'm applying for Chemical and Energy Engineering.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
EngrEzra:

Wow... What a relief! I'm applying for Chemical and Energy Engineering.
Yes, applying for the same course too.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

Madam do fast and come in here
"Du belong here wirklich" lol
Coming from a don like you, this means a lot. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Pcozzy(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lakkyjay:
Please who knows German's universities that offer MSc tuition-free Cybersecurity

BTU Cottbus. Here is the link. https://www.b-tu.de/en/study/study-programmes?tx_btucoursesofstudies_list%5Bfilter%5D%5Binternational%5D=1

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Victornn: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Greetings,
I am going for a paid masters degree in Germany and I am required to pay certain amount for my tuition every semester... I have to pay for the first semester in Naija before my enrollment date and AD. Besides my tuition fees, I am aware that I will be required to fund my BA. But My questions are;

1. Will I be required by the German Consulate to pay the whole tuition fees at once?

2. If the Consulate only requires me to pay for the first semester, will I be asked to provide the means to pay for my tuition such as a bank account statement with sufficient funds?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Victornn:
Greetings,
I am going for a paid masters degree in Germany and I am required to pay certain amount for my tuition every semester... I have to pay for the first semester in Naija before my enrollment date and AD. Besides my tuition fees, I am aware that I will be required to fund my BA. But My questions are;

1. Will I be required by the German Consulate to pay the whole tuition fees at once?

2. If the Consulate only requires me to pay for the first semester, will I be asked to provide the means to pay for my tuition such as a bank account statement with sufficient funds?

Thank you.

True these are questions that needs critical evaluation.

How did 123e or other folks on paid tuition do their interviews.

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.