Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (616032 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Mikeval001: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please I have a question and I will appreciate if you can share you view on this. Is there any disadvantage or advantage for an Nigerian or international student going to a tuition paid school(i mean private school) in Germany?

Bethiano:
Dear Nigerians,

it would be challenging to tell you my story since 2014.... because its long.....

But i would discuss about it based on subject matters, not sure i can write all....i will try to make a youtube video, though not sure if i am ready for the public.

Study in Germany, does it make sense, whats the difference about studying in Nigeria content wise ?......

First, i want you to know and appreciate that knowledge gained from Nigeria is strong and comparable. otherwise, you would not have been admitted on the basis of your BSc for a master and WAEC+ 1st year studies for Bachelors. The fact you have been admitted means you have requisite knowledge to undertake the course.

Please dont let anybody talk you down on this matter. Just know this !

Before your begin to walk tall, please, ensure you choose the right course for you, be sincere with your competence and skills. Review thoroughly the course modules and be sure the content satisfy's your quest for knowledge in that field.

i understand sometimes we just apply to a lot schools and programmes, for admission sake. However, to the degree possible, make sure your are interested in the programme and excited about the modules.Otherwise, you may come back here and start shouting how hard it is to study your choosen course, how hard German this and that is....

For the Records, many Nigerians are graduating with Distinctions here..... many ! on the average, many are doing their best, especially those who have the opportunity to focus on their study and not being distracted by work.

content Wise,
Talking from my programme (TropHEE @ TU Darmstadt) and please note that i already had a master in Environmental Management from UNN and have been doing independent research, participation in Academic conferences, publications etc. before living Nigeria.

For me , the modules are everything i want to learn, very enriching and insightful. Every class i attended was an opportunity to reinforce my knowledge and filling knowledge gaps i had in my understanding of Hydrogeology, which was my aim of taking up the programme. i saw myself saying YES or Okeyyyyyy...... or nodding during classes in agreement most times and asking WHY many times to prompt explanation of why we are doing it that way and not this way. so for me its different and may be different for some others.

The central point here is, know your goal/ reason for choosing a particular programme, be sure its inline with your career objectives and target after the 2 year masters. Be realistic with your existing skills, knowledge shortfalls, etc. Dont over assume.
If you know , you somehow graduated with a 2.1 or 2.2 and that your result does not reflect the knowledge it presents you possess.
Please take your time to do some reading before going to Nigeria. Dont form or claim anything here, there is no room for that. Its either your know or you dont.
Take time and go through all modules of your programme, call the programme coordinator if you need clarifications on the programme. Be sure the module content is what you want to learn, that it would provide knowledge that would fill the gaps you have, that it would arm you with the skills you need to lead a better life and career moving forward.

of course, Germany is ahead of Nigeria in terms of Technology , research capability, facilities and scientific approach. However, i think in Nigerian are prof's try to brake things down for us to understand, our prof's approach to science and teaching is aimed at making us understand and appreciate concepts. But this have a lot to do with the context/environment, mannerisms and ease of understanding Nigerian prof's due to Nigerian English phonology and lexicon which is debatable.

However, my submission above does not suppose that some people stories are not different. i say this before people begin to declare, cast and bind.... and use the Lords name in vain.
well if you say , its not your portion and that you are destined and favoured.... no worries , i dont doubt you and contest your faith. You have rights to hold your sane beliefs.
you are free to choose a programme in Astro Physics with your BSC in yoruba, no worries Red sea would be divided for your case.

here is the summary of the whole matter as it pertains to programme content; be real with your truth in this spite, and seek that which would complete your "headquaters" in peace and harmony

Let me also use this opportunity to let this one out of the bag;

seeing how people cry out for blocked account here and how many peoples dreams have been cut shot cos of they do not have sponsor or money , i will make some statements in the next 2 paragraphs.... these are my thoughts and no one should take it to heart.

If you have the means to keep financial resources flowing your way while in Germany from Nigeria either through your parents/family/ or financial sponsor for your studies in Germany, i would advice you give 80% of your focus to your studies and 20% to work ( as a research assistant or something related to your studies ) + any loose percentage for travel and leisure....(my dear please enjoy Europe and don't dull). I highly recommend you travel for Academic conferences or youth development and empowerment programmes.
while you are getting support from home, take this time to strengthen and sharpen your skills on softwares or technical skills required for your field of study or future profession. e,g GIS, Programming, R , statistical tools etc.

If you dont have means of steady financial flows from Nigeria as above, its up to you to decide. But i will advice you give focus to your academics. Please try not to spend more than the required time for your programme . 2 years for masters should be 2 years . Do all you can to stay tops on your academics and make good grades. Above all learn a skill.

For those of you, whose parents are in Government and steal our monies (...if this affects you, dont be angry or shy, we have pass that level in Nigeria... so no worries, no hard feelings from my side...) provided your pops or mom can be doling out the money in peace, you can use it to support other Nigerians or at best make donations to the NSIG ; Nigerians student group in Germany.
Last last its our money, so no worries... But wasting it in bars in Europe in the name of feeling fly, is annoying especially when people know that your folks are in government and are thieves . i wont say more than this.
please there is nothing to shy about it, we all know these things. if your family is in Govt, and they are stealing it, please steal it from them and help other Nigerians freely and dont go boasting about it, because its not your money.
If you are angry about this and go on spending and lavishing the money, no worries.... Na your luck.... No hard feelings , Na God so "saraba" give u...

Wish you all the best.

Bethiano de Bizzle
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by TH14TW14: 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for your reply. I would add that the layover is about 13 hours and someone had said that if the layover is above 6 hours that one would need a transit visa. Could you please tell me a bit of your own experience?

JosephAdeoba:
you don't need a transit visa Egypt air will take care of your transit in Cairo they will lodge you in a 5star hotel you have no problem you can book it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Freemanlion: 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please can someone certify my documents with the originals on my behalf at the German embassy??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shinkszee01(f): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2019
The gamingoraca when you dey ooo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ddoy17:

IELTS Band score 6.0 minimum.

Do you have any idea how the band score is calculated? I did a google search but couldn't get a clear explanation.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shinkszee01(f): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks

Ask Thegamingorca [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by alexomoba: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
1amsam12345:
Hello House, anyone here in Lagos sending their Documents to Uni-assist this weekend? Please Let's post it together to save cost. Thanks.

Please I want to post mine by Thursday, tomorrow. Dunno if this is fine with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by ElFabchuks(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
Okay. Thanks bro
Floyd101:

No cause for alarm bro. You still on the safe side. It’s a good thing the school has agreed to help once your AM drops. So no worries, you can still meet up once the AM arrives and the letter is required. Cheers Mate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sirtonyobi: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good evening all.

Please I did HND, went for nysc, went back to run Bsc using my HND for direct entry.

My question is, must I apply with both the HND and bsc? Am planning to be silent on the HND stuff to uni-assist or any school am applying to. Reason is to avoid long story, complications or more cost and stress for transcript.

Is this wrong?

Again, can I be silent about it to the embassy; considering the fact that my nysc year on my nysc certificate is 2017 because I used my hnd to serve while my Bsc carries 2019? Heard embassy normally request for nysc discharge. Is this true? Or should I just present the Bsc and claim am yet to serve since my Bsc was gotten this year?

Please is there anyone that did HND conversion program to Bsc that has successfully gone for Msc to Germany or in the raise to? Please I need to ask some questions from you.

Please am asking ahead so I can be sure am on right track every step of the way and also to plan accordingly.

God bless us all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by alexomoba: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hello guys, please I want to post my documents to uni assist tomorrow from Lagos. Kindly indicate if u are sending yours as well, let's share cost.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Odedenshi1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
evergreen9:

Do you have any idea how the band score is calculated? I did a google search but couldn't get a clear explanation.

Here you go, I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
Odedenshi1:

Here you go, I hope it helps.

So a minimum of 6 is required on all IELTS tests / exams - listening, reading, writing etc or would all tests be accumulated to a score of 6 or more?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Odedenshi1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
evergreen9:

So a minimum of 6 is required on all IELTS tests / exams - listening, reading, writing etc or would all tests be accumulated to a score of 6 or more?

The Band required depends on the school. Some state band score they require, while others would state B2 at the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).

You are giving a score for each of the module and your average is then computed to get your overall band score. Do a check on the school and check out the IELTS requirement, suffice to say that most schools also accept EPL (English Proficiency). Peace

Odedenshi1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Modesta24: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please, did anyone successfully applied to university of siegen for computer human interaction? I am having issue with the application system
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Freemanlion: 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
sirtonyobi:
Good evening all.

Please I did HND, went for nysc, went back to run Bsc using my HND for direct entry.

My question is, must I apply with both the HND and bsc? Am planning to be silent on the HND stuff to uni-assist or any school am applying to. Reason is to avoid long story, complications or more cost and stress for transcript.

Is this wrong?

Again, can I be silent about it to the embassy; considering the fact that my nysc year on my nysc certificate is 2017 because I used my hnd to serve while my Bsc carries 2019? Heard embassy normally request for nysc discharge. Is this true? Or should I just present the Bsc and claim am yet to serve since my Bsc was gotten this year?

Please is there anyone that did HND conversion program to Bsc that has successfully gone for Msc to Germany or in the raise to? Please I need to ask some questions from you.

Please am asking ahead so I can be sure am on right track every step of the way and also to plan accordingly.

God bless us all.

You can define what is right and what is wrong. I suggest you do the right thing to avoid stories that touch. Be truthful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by janettee(f): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
shinkszee01:
Hello house I don come again

Better modify your comment to avoid being banned.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dailydolar(m): 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
sirtonyobi:
Good evening all.

Is this wrong?

God bless us all.
nysc is not needed by embassy for anything also if you are going for bsc you can use only HND for your admission but if you are going for masters use the HND and bsc together but for your interview booking you can book category A since your bsc is 2019.
Hope this helps
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Inkblood: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
hello guys.. and congrats to those who have gotten their visas.

i was on this thread, part 3 i believe, in 2016. but later gave up on travelling altogether after i got a rejection from canada. i have just again made up my mind to leave naija by 2020. and i have been reading through this thread. i noticed however that most of the posts (so far as i have read) talk about MSC applicants, so i am going to ask some questions because i intend going for a BSC. (i am currently 28, i have a 3rd class in geology from Uniben, with no relevant work experience-- have been getting by with teaching jobs-- and i understand that my chances for an MSC in germany are slim to none.)

on going through this thread, i realize that most people when applying for their MSC admissions also apply for a BSC as a back up. i understand that you need a 100L transcript as well to apply for a BSC in germany but here are my questions which i cannot seem to get the answers.

1) how many years is a BSC program in germany? (i understand that the MSC is two years). also, since a 100L transcript is required, does this mean that i could start say, from 200L when i get to germany ? some sort of direct entry wink

2) i understand that for the MSC program you would have to put about 4m in a block account, and i have seen that some people doing MSC are able to pay for their second year tuition with money they saved while working during their first year. how does this go for the BSC candidates? do i need more than 4m? and what are the chances that, while doing an undergraduate course, i will be able to get a job which can finance the rest of my studies.

3) i understand, again, that for the MSC intakes there are two admission windows per year. is it the same for the BSC? if so when is the first admission window for 2020?

4) i want to start learning german from next month, december, even though i would be going for a program taught in english preferrably. is it possible to have sufficient german speaking skills by the next admission window? i have heard that german is a difficult language!

5) lastly, as much as i am ready to give my all. having recognized some of my mistakes in my first degree in nigeria here. i am a bit scared that i might not be able to 'succeed' in certain competitive courses, like the geology which i did my first degree in, maybe i am not just cut out for sciency courses like that. i was thinking, since i am going for a fresh start, to go for computer science, but i am hearing that that course is as difficult if not worse. i know this might sound silly, but what are the not-so-difficult courses that i could look at?

Each response will be highly appreciated. thank you as i continue to go through the rest of this thread to catch up.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sirtonyobi: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Can't I use just the Bsc alone for the msc admission? Must I mention the HND? Am just trying to see if I can forget about mentioning the HND and nysc because this might lead to another question of how many years I did my Bsc. You know since I didn't start from 100 Level because I came in with my HND.
dailydolar:
nysc is not needed by embassy for anything also if you are going for bsc you can use only HND for your admission but if you are going for masters use the HND and bsc together but for your interview booking you can book category A since your bsc is 2019.
Hope this helps
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by JosephAdeoba(m): 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
TH14TW14:
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for your reply. I would add that the layover is about 13 hours and someone had said that if the layover is above 6 hours that one would need a transit visa. Could you please tell me a bit of your own experience?

Lies my brother use Egyptian airlinr recently don't let anyone mislead you, brother you are travelling with one of the most powerful visa in the world Eu visa, you don't need a transit visa in egypt, the airline will Lodge you in a 5star hotel in Egypt free of charge and the next morning they will send a bus to pick you up from the hotel to the airport , on your arrival they will stamp your passport at the back that's all and free hotel food is included brother no problem from my experience my brother's experience just Last month and peoples experience here go ahead and if you have any doubt contact Egypt air customer service in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Reytheon: 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
[quote author=Bethiano post=84199886]Dear Nigerians,

it would be challenging to tell you my story since 2014.... because its long.....

Fellow Rockite, I have sent you a PM, I hv some pertinent questions to ask.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Oga sir,

Please just provide uniassist all your educational document and let them process your application. There is no cause for alarm. You think those people are not aware of our education system....The most important thing to them is your higher instituition must be recognized......

sirtonyobi:
Thanks for your reply. Can't I use just the Bsc alone for the msc admission? Must I mention the HND? Am just trying to see if I can forget about mentioning the HND and nysc because this might lead to another question of how many years I did my Bsc. You know since I didn't start from 100 Level because I came in with my HND.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by shakol91(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
Pls I like to know what 2.5 cgpa (German grading system) is equivalent to in Nigeria grading system
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ope4Christ: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2019
TH14TW14:
Dear Joe,

You don't need transit visa. Once you get to Cairo your passport will be taken from you, then Egypt Air will take to your hotel. When it is time to transit to another airplane, your documents would be returned to you and you continue your flight.

Please let us know your ticket fee when you have booked your flight.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Slip(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
1. Depending on the course and your preferred university, the duration for Bsc programme is between 6 - 7 semesters which means 3yrs or/and half. There is nothing like direct entry (200L) however, you maybe admitted to start from a higher semester which means one semester will be reduced from the required graduating semesters if you meet the the course higher semester requirement.

2. Education in Germany are tuition free both Bsc and Msc however, there are private universities that charge for tuition. So it depends on which university you want to apply for. They both require a blocked amount of 4.2M to apply for student visa at the German embassy. This is to cover your 1year living expense in Germany.

3. Same admission window applies for both (winter and summer).

4. You should know your capability and strength

5. Should also know this yourself. Search on your courses and go through their modules to know which you can handle or passionate about.

In all, please do more research as google is available to answer these questions below.

Inkblood:
hello guys.. and congrats to those who have gotten their visas.

i was on this thread, part 3 i believe, in 2016. but later gave up on travelling altogether after i got a rejection from canada. i have just again made up my mind to leave naija by 2020. and i have been reading through this thread. i noticed however that most of the posts (so far as i have read) talk about MSC applicants, so i am going to ask some questions because i intend going for a BSC. (i am currently 28, i have a 3rd class in geology from Uniben, with no relevant work experience-- have been getting by with teaching jobs-- and i understand that my chances for an MSC in germany are slim to none.)

on going through this thread, i realize that most people when applying for their MSC admissions also apply for a BSC as a back up. i understand that you need a 100L transcript as well to apply for a BSC in germany but here are my questions which i cannot seem to get the answers.

Each response will be highly appreciated. thank you as i continue to go through the rest of this thread to catch up.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Sammynelson: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good evening house, pls I have a question to ask . I want to request for EPL but I was told that I have to put a school address... would I still be able to use it for any other schools since it's only going to be addressed to one school?
Pls I need urgent answers so I can tell the man that wants to help me to go ahead ...
Pls help���
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Parko(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2019
Parko:
Good morning all, i just made payment for uni-assist handling fee, i was debited but the payment is not reflecting at all, what do i do now

Someone should tell me what next to do, this challenge still persists, i have filled their contact form countless number of times, sent mail to Sekretariat@uni-assist.de multiple times repeatedly called +49 30 201 646 001 without them picking...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Energygod: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
What's with all this SL advertising lately undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.