Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

'Fellow Nigerians: ' Are These D 2 Most Haunting Words In Nigerian History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Fellow Nigerians: ' Are These D 2 Most Haunting Words In Nigerian History (500 Views)

Story Of Shina Rambo - The Most Notorious Armed Robber In Nigerian History / Jonathan’s Government Is The Worst In Nigerian History – Amaechi / 2013 Budget - Education Gets Highest Allocation - First Time In Nigerian History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Fellow Nigerians: ' Are These D 2 Most Haunting Words In Nigerian History by DeLaRue: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2010
With Banbangida & d military's record in govt so much in the news these days, I was taken aback recently by the haunting significance of these two words in the history of Nigeria.

To those familiar with the 80s, the words - 'Fellow Nigerians' were often the first words that came accross the airwaves following a military coup. TV images of scary-looking (I was very young then) military commanders announcing a coup & the immediate imposition of a curfew have come back to me recently.

Pls lets hear your memories of words or phrases that heralded a period of significant change in Nigeria.

Perhaps you were around when Biafra broke out - which words by Ojukwu or the Nigerian leader at the time has stuck in your mind. 

Maybe game-changing or defining words from anti 3rd term or June 12 protagonists. Any SIGNIFICANT historical/polical event pls.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Dont Deserve Goodluck Jonathan / Jonathan Visit To Zamfara - Mend Threatens Another Bomb Attack / ASUU Vs Southeast Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.