Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun (20175 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To Establish 250-Hectare Cattle Ranch In Epe / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia / Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by alexvatt(m): 12:34am On Jul 13, 2019
Another move to fulanize South West. Politicians can do anything for their selfish gains. Ogun state is in trouble, infact south west is in trouble, of course Nigeria is in trouble.
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by KenModi(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

If there isn't a course of cCattleology, it's time we create one.

The speed with which this administration would approve it ennn! grin
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by backtovillage: 2:52am On Jul 13, 2019
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by backtovillage: 2:54am On Jul 13, 2019
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by wink2015(m): 2:59am On Jul 13, 2019
KingOdart:
Ogun State Governor Dapo Abiodun has unveiled plans to establish a world class cattle ranch through the Public Private Partnership arrangement.

Abiodun said his administration considered the opportunity the agricultural sector brings to the table very important, explaining that agriculture is one of the biggest pillars of the administration, which could help boost the state’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and reduce unemployment.

The governor spoke at the Oke-Mosan Governor’s Office, Abeokuta, the state capital, when he received a team from Irish Dairy Milk.

The team was in the state to discuss how best they could set up their manufacturing plant in Ogun.

He added that his administration was looking at livestock production/farming, saying he believed the proximity of Ogun State to other states could aid it to feed other states.

The governor said: “We are very excited by the opportunity that the agricultural sector presents. The agricultural sector is one of our biggest pillars. We see agriculture as one of our biggest pillars because through agriculture, we can employ our youths and we can guarantee food security; we can also generate revenue.

“At this point in time in this country, there is a lot of discuss on cattle rearing, cattle ranching. For us in Ogun State, besides the fact that we are looking at agriculture as a sector, we are looking at livestock as well, we believe that our proximity to other states gives us the advantage of being able to feed them as well via poultry.

“So, we are actually looking at how to set up our own ranches to be owned by the Public-Private Partnership (PPP).

“Noting will delight us in this state than to have our ranches, because even the cattle market that Lagos depends on is right here in our state and we’ve been discussing in the last one-week how to ensure that we actually have a proper ranch, properly organised ranch and an abattoir that will be world class.”

Chief Executive Officer, Irish Dairy Milk, Global Samir Boudjada noted that they decided to choose the state because of its strategic relevance and proximity to Lagos State.

“This is the ultimate state for us, the feedback is really positive and we are looking forward to being part of this private partnership and creating jobs in Nigeria.

“This is the gateway state close to Lagos and you know when you are sighting a factory, you need certain parameters. We need a seaport that we can send out our goods. So, Ogun State is strategically relevant to the business of these nature and we didn’t make a mistake, Ogun State has passed all tests,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ogun-to-set-up-cattle-ranch-soon-says-abiodun/amp/

Good News !

This is what governors in the south should be doing!

Why must we leave cattle business for ungrateful Fulani herdsmen.

We say no to cattle colony

We say no to Ruga settlement plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by favour32(m): 4:53am On Jul 13, 2019
Support for cattle ranching is 100% but support for RUGA is 0%.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by AllenSpencer: 5:47am On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

Why do people have this notion that only Fulani can rear cattle?

People with sense would understand that ranching will actually remove cattle from Fulani. I'm certain a graduate in Cattleology can produce meat way more efficiently than any illiterate can and the meat would likely be healthier too!

And who told you its only Fulani that rears cattle's?

Its just a false general notion. Many Northern and Middle-belt tribes rear cattle's but all termed as Fulani's

The Fulanis are very much into farming up North and they have never been referred to as "Fulani farmers" because other tribes also farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by AllenSpencer: 5:47am On Jul 13, 2019
[s]
alexvatt:
Another move to fulanize South West. Politicians can do anything for their selfish gains. Ogun state is in trouble, infact south west is in trouble, of course Nigeria is in trouble.
[/s]
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by AllenSpencer: 5:48am On Jul 13, 2019
[s]
Fidelismaria:
Hmmm

Here we go

Fulani invasion
[/s]
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by patorial(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2019
budaatum:

Sorry, but I really don't think I'm stupid enough not to be able to differentiate a white goat from a black one, and if I was, I'd think I deserve to be sold a piece of wood for a goat and would strongly advise myself to educate myself about white and black and goats and stop being so stupid!

Well let's watch and see what the governors are going to sell to us this time nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by mfm04622: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2019
khadii1:
I think the government should set up community for ranches. Sell the spaces to farmers. Provide vet doctors at affordable prices, feeds, breed sellers,eat buyers and milk buyers.
My 1 cent

It should NEVER be sold but leased yearly! Any plot not used should be reallocated!

In fact it is the fear of FG selling lands to herders that is one of the reasons people are against this idea
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by egopersonified(f): 7:42am On Jul 13, 2019
Please use that money to finance already existing cattle ranches set up by private individuals because government no sabi do business, na to waste billions una know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by rabzy: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2019
Daxxx:
I don't think people will support this...

Read my signature if you want to make extra cash

I know Yoruba people have been rearing cattles for over 10 years in Ogun state. Personal business, why won't they key in

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by stealmatic(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
stealmatic:
Like they say a trial wil convince,if u have red liquid mercury lik 1grm message me,or white liquid mercury mesg me,pls its only for serious minded peopl.
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by executive12: 2:56am On Jul 14, 2019
Good.
Re: Ogun To Set Up Cattle Ranch Soon - Governor Abiodun by PureMelda: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2019
University Essay Writing Service
We offer excellent research paper services for all your writing needs, regardless of the type, discipline, or academic level. All our custom nursing research papers specialize in doctoral dissertations, essays, term papers, theses, proposals, book reports, chapter reviews, research work, data analysis, etc. from any academic or scholarly discipline, e.g., engineering.
https://superiorwriters247.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Must Know Before Going To Cucumber Farming / Where Can I Sell My Smoked Catfish In Bulk. Any Market For It? / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.