Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Who Should Cook For The Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Cook For The Family? (2707 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
What if she makes her own money too?
who owns the house?
Who pays the bills?
Only if she provides and do all those,then I will cook and do chores.
Else,I won't!

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
You guys can own the house together and pay bills together. Many people do it and it works.
Logobenzz:
who owns the house?
Who pays the bills?
Only if she provides and do all those,then I will cook and do chores.
Else,I won't!

8 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by queenfav(f): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
LordKO:

Thanks for the offer, enjoy it for me. I wish you God's unlimited blessings in your marriage.

aww. Amen! Thanks bro
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
You guys can own the house together and pay bills together. Many people do it and it works.
No.
She can keep her money and do her wifely duties smiley
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Theyoungmatron: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
When kids talks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
When grannies jump to conclusions smiley
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Better find someone who agrees
Logobenzz:
No.
She can keep her money and do her wifely duties smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
Better find someone who agrees
what woman doesn't agree?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
Someone like me for example
Logobenzz:
what woman doesn't agree?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
Someone like me for example
oh yeah?
You bought the house you all live in right now?
Just say your husband isn't a man like me,else you either do what you got to do or we battle till eternity or divorce me without any form of alimony,since I won't be having any property in my name.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
I don’t know what this is supposed to mean

I thought we were having a civil conversation
Logobenzz:
oh yeah?
You bought the house you all live in right now?
Just say your husband isn't a man like me else you either do what you got to do or we battle till eternity or divorce me without any form of alimony,since I won't be having any property in my name.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
I don’t know what this is supposed to mean

I thought we were having a civil conversation
No don't take this the wrong way please.
I am in no way trying to degrade your husband or saying I am better than him or something.no not at all.
I just meant we don't share the same traits,that's all.
Sorry if you felt that way,not my intent at all.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
Okay just clarifying.

Yes he definitely has a different personality. If anything I’m more traditional than him seeing as I love my kitchen and some of those supposedly African wifely duties.

But what matters is choice. I believe the woman has a choice to decide if that’s what she wants or not.
Logobenzz:
No don't take this the wrong way please.
I am in no way trying to degrade your husband or saying I am better than him or something.no not at all.
I just meant we don't share the same traits,that's all.
Sorry if you felt that way,not my intent at all.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
cococandy:
Okay just clarifying.

Yes he definitely has a different personality. If anything I’m more traditional than him seeing as I love my kitchen and some of those supposedly African wifely duties.

But what matters is choice. I believe the woman has a choice to decide if that’s what she wants or not.
yes,I love that you love your kitchen and I think it is one of the natural instincts of every woman.
If I go home to visit parents today,my mom will first bring food whereas my dad will ask about business or hustle.
Let men be men and women be women.
It is that simple or women should start providing fully while we look after the house.
It is that simple
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Logobenzz:
yes,I love that you love your kitchen and I think it is one of the natural instincts of every woman.
If I go home to visit parents today,my mom will first bring food whereas my dad will ask about business or hustle.
Let men be men and women be women.
It is that simple or women should start providing fully while we look after the house.
It is that simple

I don’t agree with the bold. There are so many people who don’t fall into those categories based on their personalities. And they also deserve to be respected for their choices

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by marriage1: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
We all know who should cook for the family even without mentioning it to anyone.
A good food is the way to a man's heart.

Not withstanding, it also very good for a man to be helping his wife in the kitchen Even though not every day, is not a crime.
That makes the stress of cooking for the family to be less and also make it romantic.
Cooking is not a permanent job to the wife, if there's a particular food you want to eat, teach her how to cook it by doing that with her in the kitchen.

Women.
Please Honor your husband.
Always make efforts to win his heart, that's the best WAY to make him to be romantic for you.
shocked
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/07/what-does-it-mean-to-honor-your-husband.html?m=1
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by sisisioge: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
I should, as the outsider grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:40am On Jul 15, 2019
Logobenzz:
Only a poor man will cook for the wife.simple!
I want see I go visiting and see one of my brothers in the kitchen.
God knows I will be pissed.
How I go buy house with my money,run the house and take care of all real bills then come back home to cook?
E no go funny for the woman weh go tell me that BS o!

your mind is narrow because of your environment and thinking

but at the end of the day its what works for you

let me open your eyes abit

Here in the west like UK, it depends with lots of things eg african adopting the new type of life etc

lets say both of you are full time workers
wife is a nurse they usually so 12hrs shift
and yourself you do 8hrs shifts

so lets say wife had two days of 12hours shift and on the 3rd day she started 0700 and finished 1900 and got home around 1945. you as husband you did your usuall 0900-1700
so are going to seat and wait for her from 1730 till 1945 to start cooking?

she would be very tired already lets say she starts cooking around 2000 and 2130 dinner is ready
2200 she goes to bath and go to bed, in the bedroom you want sex, this is the same woman who did a 12hrs shift and at 2hrs of cooking and finally you want sex so basically she has been working average 16hrs including the cooking

in such situation you help wife with little things eg boiling the meat or doing the rice, or running a bath for her etc, she will have the energy to cook for you even after doing a 12hr shift because she has seen the effort you have done to makes things easy her, she would see your apprication in trying to help

your mind is based on the life of our fathers and beyond as jobs as in working were for men, hence our mothers stayed home looking after kids, therefore wife had no reasons to not cook for men

am saying wife should say its your duty to cook but help out of love, there is nothing wrong seeing your brother cooking while you are there its there home if it works for them leave it, go and control who cooks in your own hone

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Debbieo(f): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
Well in my home any body can cook, I cook , my husband cooks, he actually sees cooking as a hobby so anytime he feels like he cooks, even when am home n it does not make him less of a man.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Mobree: 7:40am On Jul 18, 2019
A lot of selfish views here... grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Mobree: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2019
Logobenzz:
Only a poor man will cook for the wife.simple!
I want see I go visiting and see one of my brothers in the kitchen.
God knows I will be pissed.
How I go buy house with my money,run the house and take care of all real bills then come back home to cook?
E no go funny for the woman weh go tell me that BS o!

Why not try carrying pregnancy to term too, staying awake all night cos a sick child, doing school runs all day and catering to oga all night...

Marriage is a partnership.. But ultimately, the choice is yours and your wife's.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Come To My Aid!!! / Are Illegimate Child Considered Legitimate Even After The Parents Latter Married / My Mother In-law Is Suffocating My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.