Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. (93983 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? / BLACKLIVESMATTER: Is This What Awaits African-americans Fleeing To South Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2019
ogbonti:

I am not an Immigration Attorney and so I do not have the information you will need if you are in such a position. This practice off immediate deportation for FAILED INTERVIEWS did not start with Trump, It has been a long time practice. I worked at an Attorney's office way back in 1999, that was when I saw these things happen and it is still going on till today, because AMERICANS HATE TO BE LIED TO, ESPECIALLY TO THE AUTHORITIES - you see how Trumps's Layer Michael Cohen is serving jail time for lying. All I will advise you is DO THE RIGHT THING - do not plan to scam the system, and pray to God- never assume because you are doing the right thing, that you will be rewarded accordingly- it doesn't work that way - just like genuine visa applicants get denied visas also -- just like very talented and educated people fail job interviews

TO FAIL IS NOT A BAD THING, the difference here is that FAILURE COMES WITH DEPORTATION!!!!

JUST DO THE GENUINE THING - DO IT RIGHT - PRAY TO GOD, HOPE FOR THE BEST WHILE EXPECTING THE WORST! - be blessed!

yea

that's true
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by ogbonti: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

yea

that's true

I just edited my last response, check it
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Kingkun69(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2019
DarkJeddi:
You are fixated on the US because of your position of poverty,

Do you think Citizens from Countries with better living indices than the US, like Canada,Australia, Japan and the Scandinavians are in any rush to migrate to US with their overall inferior living standards? shocked
again you say this cause you can't get in smiley

3 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Hadampson(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2019
sassysure:

U are right but USA discriminate black immigrants more than e.g. London.

It's surprising considering the fact that there are African American.

Even Japan treats black immigrants better.

People troop to USA cos it's easier to enter.
They are screaming at trump cos he is clamping down on illegal immigrants.
Nigerians always want to eat their cake and have it.

America lovers will not agree to this but that is the truth 100%

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Odinaka00(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2019
I love this post
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2019
SIRTee15:

Now u beginning to talk nonsense....
Most likely out of ignorance coupled with hatred...
My friend's wife works in financial compliance sector in uk and earns 90 thousand pound a year. The amazing thing is she works from home....
She was born and grew up in uk, the same people u calling to leave....
I doubt any other ountry can offer her such wages with good working flexibility....

Then u talking about billionaires in usa....
How many billionaires are in usa...600
So what happen to the rest....
For your info, USA has the worst median income among developed nations.....
The country is so skewed to favour only the rich and few upper middle class....
U can't work in Wal-Mart or MacDonald and make something out of your life....
Student loan debt is real and is becoming a huge burden on fresh graduate....
The American dream is gone, the greedy Corporate globalist in wall street killed it....
America now cater only for its wealthy n powerful....
The average American is left behind, dropping from middle class to working class....

The american quality of life for average citizens sucks...
Unless your kids attend expensive private schools, they are better off in Mayflower, ikenne or any nigerian FG unity schools....
American public education has now been declared a disaster...
I don't even want to talk about healthcare. Last year, over 500 thousand Americans travelled abroad to receive medical treatment in 3rd world nations like India, Mexico, Brazil, Thailand etc...
Potholes are now regular sight on American highway....
Yet u had the nerve to attack uk on its infrastructure.....
Trump himself lamented on American crumbling infrastructure....
UK is planning it's 3rd high speed rail that will link London to Scotland....
Your almighty america is hoping to have its first HSR in 2029...
Even the so called social mobility is being a mirage for most Americans....
Right now in the USA, the system is designed in such a way that if u are rich u can never become poor.... and if u are poor, it's going to be extremely difficult for u to be rich....

This is 2019, there's no perfect country anymore...
Even most developed western nations have come to accept that reality....
America has its great side- good career progression, better opportunities in most career fields, strong IT sector, good universities, great centre for innovation n creativity....
But don't make it look like other countries are shitty or lags behind...
America is not even among the top 15 most prosperous nations anymore...
It's number 17 while uk u claim is shitty is 7...

I see your point

But the good outweighs the bad for the United States tho

The standards of living is good, very good, but it could be much better...

But I daresay
That there is NO other country in the world that so many foreign born people made it so good like you see in the aUSA

it's the land of opportunity and free market tongue

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
InvertedHammer:
[url][/url]

/
A country is known for something. To outsiders, America is the greatest just as Nigeria is the giant of Africa.
Size of the economyy? Yes. Military? Yes. But the same poverty ravishing many citizens of third world country are also dealing bad hands to many American citizens.

/

you know the American population is very high

and a 15% poverty rate of say 330m people will show

But still

It's not all bad in the USA tho

many many people still climb upward
like upward social mobility
if one is really ready to work and hustle towards it....

Watched a documentary on YouTube of one Mexican immigrant with his wife each working two jobs and living frugal for SIX years prior to setting up theye own business I the supply chain for Mexican restaurants in Los Angeles

now they worth $8m years after....

such success stories are there.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by seanwilliam(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hadampson:

America lovers will not agree to this but that is the truth 100%
if they hate black, obama would neva be PROTUS

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by proeast(m): 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
pansophist:

Here we go grin

Which of the Dutch airport looks so old? can you name it?

NL is small, that is true, the population is small, that is also true, but how does the size correlate with the quality of life? Just in case you do not know, NL rank in the top of the highest quality of life, far before the USA. So what's your point?

One can cycle around the country with a bike, disregarding your satire in that statement, what is wrong with that? isn't it suppose to be a good thing that a country has a well-maintained infrastructure where you dont need cars much, and promote a healthy way of life?

Most American students take out a huge student loan, can you show statistic that the average American afford it? the U.S. student loan debt exceeded $1.2 trillion with over 7 million debtors in default in 2014, the figure should be higher now, so what are you talking about?

Americans are not richer than Europeans. Of course, there are more American billionaires because America is a corporatocracy, the corporation rules, from the for-profit prison, to war contractors, it is basically a country buried in steroid capitalism. Walking along the street of US, homeless scattered everywhere, I guarantee you that you will never see a homeless person here, that's how good the system is unless you really really wanna live outside and ignore the social safety net.

About billionaires, Nigeria has more billionaires than any country in Africa, does that make Nigeria better to live in than Botswana or Namibia? your billionaire argument quite frankly, makes no sense.

Bros, leave sentiment, America is only good if you are rich, but if you are average like most people, Europe is better.

Chai, when you see enlightened, educated and well fed people argue or pass across their points, it can be so refreshing to read kiss kiss
My brother or is it sister, the way you wrote actually showed you're indeed at peace wherever you are. Nairaland would have been like quora if we have more of your likes instead of the average angry Nigerian that come here to vent their frustration with the terrible system we operate in the country cry cry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Dedetwo(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Trump is sweeping out illegal immigrants, and not the ones that migrated legally. By the way, USA is not the only Country in the World.

If i have the opportunity, I would leave Nigeria and never come back again.

These people do not have the mental capability to understand that USA is not the only country in world.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Dedetwo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
pussyeater:

It's the Greatest Country on earth. Take it or leave it!!!

If you are USA citizen, what stops you from making your country one of the greatest in the world? USA was not created great however men made it "greatest" as you have posited.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by elijahkayode(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...You might have doubted his statement about the US because of its gun culture.

You have to also understand that the foundation and independence of the US was founded on using guns to protect themselves from invasion and from over throw of their government.

The rights to bear arms is embedded in the US constitution to serve as that at that time but as with every thing led to some of its purpose getting abused.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by DarkJeddi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Kingkun69:
again you say this cause you can't get in smiley
And you are fixated and desperate to live in the US,

Because that,to YOU,

Is your SALVATION..

Someone from a Country with a higher standard of living than the US,

Why should he be desperate to live in the US?

Or are you telling me that if your Per Capita income is $40,000
in a functional society,

You would would be desperate to leave THAT and live in a country with a lower standard of living in the region of $25,000?

Or indeed do you presume that the US has the HIGHEST STANDAR OF LIVING in the world? shocked
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by SIRTee15: 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

I see your point

But the good outweighs the bad for the United States tho

The standards of living is good, very good, but it could be much better...

But I daresay
That there is NO other country in the world that so many foreign born people made it so good like you see in the aUSA

it's the land of opportunity and free market tongue

I agree America remains the best place for immigrants to achieve fast upward mobility....
But it's also becoming a place where immigrants stuck at the bottom gets to struggle a lot...
Minimum wage is poor n social safety net is non existent...
As an immigrant, it's either u work your ass off or u die trying...
There are no other options...

In other western nations, immigrants can choose to be lazy or mediocre at best, and still find a place within the system to survive n even get by....

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by sensisosu: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
I have been to and lived in all the countries mentioned on this thread and I can authoritatively tell anyone that is willing to listen that Nigeria is indeed the greatest country in the world if you really open your eyes and see the opportunities.. next is America because opportunities are endless, The UK should be the bottom of the list..

Don’t say I am just saying rubbish, I have evidence to back up my theory

3 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by zomby(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
timesup234:
Thats because their stupid media tells you so. A bricklayer in Nigeria is better and far richer than 50% of American citizens. The America dream is the greatest lie ever told, sold to brainwashed Africans.
Bros...are you comparing Nigeria to usa?
Nigeria where an average citizen can easily die from a mere leg injury...
Weak education standard
Weak medical standard
Weak infrastructure
Retardeddd leaders from A to Z
Backward system
Lack of security of any kind
Lack of direction or vision
Lack of food
Lack of employment opportunities
Lack of water supply
Lack of power supply
And many more...

For sure, whatever it is that you’re smoking is extremely strong...You should check yourself into a rehab....nothing else makes sense

FYI:Trump on his worst day is still better than the best leader in Nigeria (past or present).
When we are talking about decent countries, pls don’t mention Nigeria..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
SIRTee15:

I agree America remains the best place for immigrants to achieve fast upward mobility....
But it's also becoming a place where immigrants stuck at the bottom gets to struggle a lot...
Minimum wage is poor n social safety net is non existent...
As an immigrant, it's either u work your ass off or u die trying...
There are no other options...

In other western nations, immigrants can choose to be lazy or mediocre at best, and still find a place within the system to survive n even get by....

why would an immigrant decide to be medocre or lazy in the first place?

that's why these Muslim irritants like Europe
you are not PRODUCTIVE at all but still get generous benefits

benefit are ok
But it's creating disincentive to be PRODUCTIVE and hardworking

Someone has ti pay for those generous benefit
and guess who is paying?

Europe is heading to the abyss if they continue in this manner (with the exception of say Germany and some other countries )

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
zomby:

Bros...are you comparing Nigeria to usa?
Nigeria where an average citizen can easily die from a mere leg injury...
Weak education standard
Weak medical standard
Weak infrastructure
Retardeddd leaders from A to Z
Backward system
Lack of direction or vision
Lack of food
Lack of employment opportunities
Lack of water supply
Lack of power supply
And many more...

Whatever you’re smoking is extremely strong...You should check yourself into a rehab.

Trump on his worst day still better than the best leader in Nigeria.
When we are talking about decent countries, pls don’t mention Nigeria..

don't mind that guy

3 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by yaki84: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
Originalsly:

I hear you!....hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
Bros am not planning to visit newyork anytime soon.

Am ok with uyo for now.
Incase u wan leave newyork sha, i fit fit-in as replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
naijjaman:

Not sure I told you I live in NY, quote me correctly or stop quoting me.

It's a good thing that you posted a link. You don't have to live in NY to know It's public info. I know you live in Ngr that's I used the word "guess"

Research Tips: Learn to read the entire article and read slowly (the link you posted doesn't agree with what you posted)

Compare with one or two other articles.

That way you will be better informed.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
ogbonti:

you are missing the point. no one is saying you paid anyone to marry - your marriage could be very genuine, BUT - i am saying, just like genuine travellers to USA get denied visa in Lagos, IF FOR ANY REASON, your application to adjust status get denied, you will not just go home and go try your luck again --- no no no- YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PLACED ON DEPORTATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY - if you are very fortunate, they will give you 90 - 180 days to leave and your work permit will be revoked immediately.

many people who even have kids with their spouses get denied - IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MARRIAGE BEING GENUINE OR NOT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER INTERVIEWING YOU THINKS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION - I use to work in a law office so I saw alot of people in tears and almost running mad ---- some will be talking to themselves, like -- wetin I do, God wetin I do this world, how can they say I am lying bla bla bla---- my guy, who no go no know!!!!

Thanks for bringing out those valid points, I noticed that those in these situation are too busy to be on this platform or prefer to be silent and want others to have a "taste", after others have had their taste, they keep mute.

Things have changed and many are in a labyrinth, some in emotional and mental distress. True some have succeeded but the margin is getting slimmer by the day and for now I won't advise any on that path. It was frustrating to witness a distant relative with 2 kids deploying all his resources just because of papers, he was combating suicidal thoughts, it later went through but not worth it in his own words.

Going through K1, CR1, or IR1 is a better route.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by pansophist(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
SIRTee15:

Now u beginning to talk nonsense....
Most likely out of ignorance coupled with hatred...
My friend's wife works in financial compliance sector in uk and earns 90 thousand pound a year. The amazing thing is she works from home....
She was born and grew up in uk, the same people u calling to leave....
I doubt any other ountry can offer her such wages with good working flexibility....

Then u talking about billionaires in usa....
How many billionaires are in usa...600
So what happen to the rest....
For your info, USA has the worst median income among developed nations.....
The country is so skewed to favour only the rich and few upper middle class....
U can't work in Wal-Mart or MacDonald and make something out of your life....
Student loan debt is real and is becoming a huge burden on fresh graduate....
The American dream is gone, the greedy Corporate globalist in wall street killed it....
America now cater only for its wealthy n powerful....
The average American is left behind, dropping from middle class to working class....

The american quality of life for average citizens sucks...
Unless your kids attend expensive private schools, they are better off in Mayflower, ikenne or any nigerian FG unity schools....
American public education has now been declared a disaster...
I don't even want to talk about healthcare. Last year, over 500 thousand Americans travelled abroad to receive medical treatment in 3rd world nations like India, Mexico, Brazil, Thailand etc...
Potholes are now regular sight on American highway....
Yet u had the nerve to attack uk on its infrastructure.....
Trump himself lamented on American crumbling infrastructure....
UK is planning it's 3rd high speed rail that will link London to Scotland....
Your almighty america is hoping to have its first HSR in 2029...
Even the so called social mobility is being a mirage for most Americans....
Right now in the USA, the system is designed in such a way that if u are rich u can never become poor.... and if u are poor, it's going to be extremely difficult for u to be rich....

This is 2019, there's no perfect country anymore...
Even most developed western nations have come to accept that reality....
America has its great side- good career progression, better opportunities in most career fields, strong IT sector, good universities, great centre for innovation n creativity....
But don't make it look like other countries are shitty or lags behind...
America is not even among the top 15 most prosperous nations anymore...
It's number 17 while uk u claim is shitty is 7...

Your head correct, spot-on brotherly.

Only poverty-stricken people will consider the US as an ideal place to immigrate to, or those who are grossly misinformed about the current state of the US, who still hold the long-gone American dream illusion. I know few illegal Americans here in the Netherlands, they came as a tourist, some on a one-year working holiday visa, their eye got cleared that America is a shithole, and refuse to go back. The smart one gets an English job or looks for a girlfriend to legalize themselves, them full Germany as well.

Of course, the US has lost of billionaires, but how does it affect the life of the ordinary man? or does Dangote being a Billionaire means Nigerians are rich? the way some people de think eh, e go be like say make I carry pestle hammer them mouth grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by alphaNomega: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hadampson:

You are wrong. There is no country in the world where you won't see any form of discrimination.

Leave sentiment and say the truth angry

Even ordinary Nigeria has discrimination in form of nepotism, and along religious lines.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by alphaNomega: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
pansophist:

Your head correct, spot-on brotherly.

Only poverty-stricken people will consider the US as an ideal place to immigrate to, or those who are grossly misinformed about the current state of the US, who still hold the long-gone American dream illusion. I know few illegal Americans here in the Netherlands, they came as a tourist, some on a one-year working holiday visa, their eye got cleared that America is a shithole, and refuse to go back. The smart one gets an English job or looks for a girlfriend to legalize themselves, them full Germany as well.

Of course, the US has lost of billionaires, but how does it affect the life of the ordinary man? or does Dangote being a Billionaire means Nigerians are rich? the way some people de think eh, e go be like say make I carry pestle hammer them mouth grin

I swear people calling "the American dream bla bla bla" and the ones saying "Nigeria is the giant of Africa" are in the same WhatsApp group. All that is past glory, today in 2019 things have changed!!

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by willian10: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
pansophist:

You want me to shock you further?

In 2016, I flew from the Netherlands to Italy with my girlfriend for 2 euros (1 euros each), I attached the payment confirmation for you to see yourself. About 3 years ago, I flew from Stockholm, Sweden, to Tenerife, Spain, a 6 hours long flight for 9euros. That's longer than flying from Madrid to Lagos, while the latter cost nothing less than 500 euros.

So yes, if traveling is your calling, the EU is for you.

Go check out ryanair.com, flight below 10euros is the norm, you really have no reason not to travel and enjoy your life grin

It’s hard for me to believe, so I had to google it myself before saying anything, well the screenshot u sent might be possible if u won a promo or something

Tho I know it’s easy to fly between EU countries
But the prices u mentioned are ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by AngelicBeing: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
ogbonti:

you are missing the point. no one is saying you paid anyone to marry - your marriage could be very genuine, BUT - i am saying, just like genuine travellers to USA get denied visa in Lagos, IF FOR ANY REASON, your application to adjust status get denied, you will not just go home and go try your luck again --- no no no- YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PLACED ON DEPORTATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY - if you are very fortunate, they will give you 90 - 180 days to leave and your work permit will be revoked immediately.

many people who even have kids with their spouses get denied - IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MARRIAGE BEING GENUINE OR NOT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER INTERVIEWING YOU THINKS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION - I use to work in a law office so I saw alot of people in tears and almost running mad ---- some will be talking to themselves, like -- wetin I do, God wetin I do this world, how can they say I am lying bla bla bla---- my guy, who no go no know!!!!
You are right, an ex of mine is currently in the US with kids and she is planning to do the marriage stuff, another friend of mine is also in NY with the same plans, I told them that they should be careful because the US government already knows all the arrangee stuff, I don't see them scaling through due to the current Trumps stands on visa abusers, they might end up heading to canada for Aduro
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by naijjaman(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
simonjo:

It's a good thing that you posted a link. You don't have to live in NY to know It's public info. I know you live in Ngr that's I used the word "guess"

Research Tips: Learn to read the entire article and read slowly (the link you posted doesn't agree with what you posted)

Do you live in US? Answer the question Mr Know it all. I don't have to live in NY to better inform you about what's going on in the world. Be aware that living in Nigeria is not a crime also. Stop making a junk of yourself and accept the correction about the minimum wage in New York. You also need to know that minimum wage in US vary state by state.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Kingkun69(m): 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
DarkJeddi:
And you are fixated and desperate to live in the US,

Because that,to YOU,

Is your SALVATION..

Someone from a Country with a higher standard of living than the US,

Why should he be desperate to live in the US?

Or are you telling me that if your Per Capita income is $40,000
in a functional society,

You would would be desperate to leave THAT and live in a country with a lower standard of living in the region of $25,000?

Or indeed do you presume that the US has the HIGHEST STANDAR OF LIVING in the world? shocked
why are you getting sooo worked up and aggressive you are still in naija with me the only difference is I have us passport grin grin or u want to see it smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by naijjaman(m): 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
simonjo:

Continue to live in Portharcourt and blab about minimum wage in US you don't live in. Losers like you will quote only a section of what I wrote in order to show why you are still struggling in life. Again, stop telling people about what you don't know.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by SIRTee15: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

why would an immigrant decide to be medocre or lazy in the first place?

that's why these Muslim irritants like Europe
you are not PRODUCTIVE at all but still get generous benefits

benefit are ok
But it's creating disincentive to be PRODUCTIVE and hardworking

Someone has ti pay for those generous benefit
and guess who is paying?

Europe is heading to the abyss if they continue in this manner (with the exception of say Germany and some other countries )

I used to have the same orientation on socialist economy until I saw the evil of brutal capitalism as practiced in the USA...

Let's face fact....
Everybody cannot be rich....
Everybody can't go to uni to study machine learning or data science- these are careers that can fetch u 200 thousand dollars fresh out of school...
Not everyone will turn their ingenuity to creativity....
Not everyone has the skill to navigate the tough waters of entrepreneurship....

What's happening right now in America is that they producing millionaires faster than any other country in the world.....
America boasts of 14 million millionaires, the closest country in 2nd place is China with 3 million millionaires-the difference is clear.....
But yet in the same America, middle class Americans have to work 2 jobs with both couples fully employed to pay for mortgage....

If u know the true meaning of the American dream as it existed in the 60s, u will know America is gradually losing it....
American median wages is nothing to write home about...
70% of Americans earn below 50 thousand dollars, while the median wage is 30 thousand dollars...
That's pathetic, when compared to other western countries...
In the future, the American social class will either be the wealthy elites or the struggling working class...
There has to a balance, ordinary citizens needs to be protected...
That's not happening in America and it's wrong...

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Beautyaddy: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You are right, an ex of mine is currently in the US with kids and she is planning to do the marriage stuff, another friend of mine is also in NY with the same plans, I told them that they should be careful because the US government already knows all the arrangee stuff, I don't see them scaling through due to the current Trumps stands on visa abusers, they might end up heading to canada for Aduro

Hmmm...those people really needs the help of a lawyer to scale through.

As long as they can perform their best act of proving to the immigrant officers that their marriage is genuine I don't see them having any problems.

Most important is that the couple must be living together, share a bank account and must be fillings joint taxes together...some of these things kind of show some genuinely about the marriage.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
SIRTee15:

I used to have the same orientation on socialist economy until I saw the evil of brutal capitalism as practiced in the USA...

Let's face fact....
Everybody cannot be rich....
Everybody can't go to uni to study machine learning or data science- these are careers that can fetch u 200 thousand dollars fresh out of school...
Not everyone will turn their ingenuity to creativity....
Not everyone has the skill to navigate the tough waters of entrepreneurship....

What's happening right now in America is that they producing millionaires faster than any other country in the world.....
America boasts of 14 million millionaires, the closest country in 2nd place is China with 3 million millionaires-the difference is clear.....
But yet in the same America, middle class Americans have to work 2 jobs with both couples fully employed to pay for mortgage....

If u know the true meaning of the American dream as it existed in the 60s, u will know America is gradually losing it....
American median wages is nothing to write home about...
70% of Americans earn below 50 thousand dollars, while the median wage is 30 thousand dollars...
That's pathetic, when compared to other western countries...
In the future, the American social class will either be the wealthy elites or the struggling working class...
There has to a balance, ordinary citizens needs to be protected...
That's not happening in America and it's wrong...

I see your point
But I doubt the median wage is 30k tho

some of the things happening in America is not right
undecided
But with time it will be corrected

supply side economics that the criminal republicans introduced to the American space caused this problem in the first place

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

How Many Dayz Does It Take NIPOST To Deliver The Msg / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / 30 Creepiest Places On Earth You Didn't Know Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.