Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Why Sex Smells - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Sex Smells (431 Views)

Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. / Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / 5 Reasons Why Your Private Part Smells And What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Sex Smells by Omaricha002(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2019
WHY SEX SMELLS

I was invited to give a talk/seminar to school of nursing orlu imo state, after the talk, a student came and ask me sir, why sex smells. And I explained. But right now, i want to tell you the reason sex smells.
Sexual intercourse is one activity that is accompanied by so much eagerness especially for starters unrivalled enjoyment and reasonable satisfaction, but in spite of all these activities that surround it. It happens within the twinkle of an eye, depending largely on the ability of individuals. Interestingly, many things happen after each round of sex, including both parties feeling relaxed, calm, sometimes weak and sleepy. But one other important thing that characterises a romp in the act is the smell that comes with it, which many seen not to be aware of. The smell is not entirely offensive, but uniquely noticeable.
Thus, the question, what brings about the smell from such an enjoyable act. A medical practitioner, Dr Rotimi Adesanya, said fluid has a smell and the vaginal fluid also has its own smell. He noted that when these two fluids mix, A distinctive smell would certainly be produced. So it is the combination of the fluid and vaginal fluids that result in the smell after sex. during sex there are some other fluids secreted by both males and females, such that the mixture of these fluids produces a particular smell. The smell tends to disappear when the person involved in the act, especially the woman, clean up or have a shower. Much of the smell is from the seminal fluid, and then you have the prostatic fluids, which is an alkaline fluid secreted by the prostate gland during expulsion that forms part of the fluids. In women, as well, there are some glands around the vagina that secret such fluids come together in the course of the sexual activity. It produce a smell.
The vaginal fluid, with its chemical properties, is acidic while the seminal fluid, with its own chemical properties, is alkaline, thus, the combination of these fluids tends to produce a special kind of smell.
In the words of Dr Darius Paducah, the director of sexual health at Weill Cornell medical collage, New York, the kind of smell that is produced after sex is a product of the PH levels OT the genitals of both parties. He added that sweat and some contraceptive tend to have an impact on the smell, which he said should not be offensive. He stressed that if the smell unpleasant, there is need for both the man and the woman to see the doctor to check for infections or bacteria imbalance.
In her own explanation, an assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology in United States, Dr Hilda Hutcherson, stated that what happens when secretion from two partners mix during sex is a chemical reaction that creates it's own smell. According to Adesanya, if people are not hygiene enough in their genitals, it would pollute the smell and make it worse. For men, it is better because they release the fluid, but women absorb it, coupled with the fluid their system secrets in the line of the activity, which makes their to be more serious.
Even though the vagina has a mechanism that clears itself of infection, women who are not hygiene tend to smell in that region. So after sex, both the man and the woman should urinate, clean up the they should not dip their hands in the vagina, and when they are cleaning up, it should be from the front to the back, not from the back to the front, so they don't bring bacteria from the anus to the vaginal path, which could lead to infection.
Women should also urinate after sex but they should desist from inserting their hands or any cleaning agent in the vagina to avoid infection. Women should not insert soap inside their vagina, because there are bacteria in the vagina that protects the organ naturally, when women make use of those cleaning materials, they wash away the good bacteria that are supposed to protect them.
Also, in order to maintain a healthy vagina, women have been advised to avoid wearing tight panties to avoid excessive heat and odour in that region, avoid douching, change sanitary pads frequently and avoid using perfumes to cover up unpleasant smell.
IAM MC Omaricha smart, a comedian, an actor, a resource personal, an educational educationist, by professional professionist. I handle seminars, workshops, Confrance, and strategic ceremonies. I also run's any kind of adverts for you and your business on radio stations and TV stations. Thanks for reading.
Re: Why Sex Smells by Omaricha002(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
sweet sex, choky smells

(1) (Reply)

Please My 2 Years Old Daughter Needs Medical Help / BREAKING: Iranian minister tests positive for coronavirus / Prescription Steroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.