Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course (15319 Views)

OAU To Build Own Airport Soon - VC Prof Eyitope / OAU Moves To Generate Own Electricity & Be The First Federal University To Offer / OAU Moves To Generate Own Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Kalapizim(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2019
Great Ife cool
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Sirpaul(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2019
long over due
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Princeton92(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Now that's a great development,

Makes so much sense!
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by uuzba(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:
Good development cheesy
Some people here instead to praise this development
they will rush to condemn like the guy above me

...TO....

Not today, not tomorrow,

...TO...
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Pelumi75(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2019
checkpoint:
i hope they already fixed the labs in white house and yellow house first

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Opeyemi95(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2019
This post is to spur young Nigerians to be creative and start businesses for themselves. The ideas are free to view.
emeijeh:

Show us your alerts as evidence.
Stop spamming every thread unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by GoodBoi1(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2019
UNIPORT does this I guess

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by uuzba(m): 11:45am On Jul 16, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Let the course begin before you start your condemnation

You must surely hear, "The man that used to ON the generator is not arand!! "

Na there matter go end
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by GoodBoi1(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2019
jamace:
You mean UNIPORT is independent of NEPA now?
UNIPORT has a turbine that powers the school

2 Likes

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by bigiyaro(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2019
I can't fit laff abeg. anyway it's good to dream big.
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 16, 2019
Next is to build hostel blocks to accommodate all students.

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by uuzba(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2019
Wizklynd23:
Good development cheesy
Some people here instead to praise this development
they will rush to condemn like the guy above me
Your statement is a disservice to the Grinch. See how you even using the fluffy, nice politically correct one, that doesn't have any power.

See the real one here. When you talk true talk, use this second original one.

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by omolola12345(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2019
Great Ife!!!. This is a welcome development and I think school like UI should learn from OAU. And I think the VC will not increase the school and accommodation fees when the project is commissioned.

2 Likes

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by UniportAgbero: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2019
jamace:
You mean UNIPORT is independent of NEPA now?

Uniport has a gas turbine in the school's Abuja campus. The first school in West Africa to do so.

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by uuzba(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Uniport has a gas turbine in the school's Abuja campus. The first school in West Africa to do so.
Uni Port, University of Port Harcourt.
A university in Port Harcourt.

What is the gas turbine doing in Abuja?

In that case, I have 10 Rolls Royce in my dream. So don't try me.
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by simplesearch: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Is UNIPORT independent of PHCN? This is what the initiative is meant to achieve at OAU, 100% self-reliant on internally generated power supply.
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by papyskinsy: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
although even before dis oau enjoys 24/7 power supply all round the clock.. so de main thing be say dem wan dey chop de money dat dey remit to de power holding company monthly.. no be naija we dey..

2 Likes

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by UniportAgbero: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
uuzba:

Bros, the school's main campus is called Abuja campus

2 Likes

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by UniportAgbero: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
simplesearch:

Is UNIPORT independent of PHCN? This is what the initiative is meant to achieve at OAU, 100% self-reliant on internally generated power supply.

Yes bro...Uniport doesn't use PHCN again

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by UniportAgbero: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
For the doubting Thomases

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by MaestroJosh: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kwara State University is the first university to offer aeronautics engineering in Nigeria not OAU

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by RTSC: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ferdinandu:
Aeronautics Engineering with white chalk and black board I guess. That's how Engineering is studied in Nigerian Universities
The white chalk is not even the problem.
MIT still uses chalk in their engineering and science Dept's.

The problem is how practical is the course content.
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Sensiblerealist: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
HABA! Why you dey compare yellow house with white house. Na the distance between the moon and the sun separate them

checkpoint:
i hope they already fixed the labs in white house and yellow house first
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by jamace(m): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
GoodBoi1:

That's great! cool
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by nostimi4u(m): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Awesome ; good initiative and innovation. What institution should have been doing all this while is just coming to reality now. More focus on research and Production of graduates that can solve community problems and not add to the communities problems
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by HabaHaba: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
uuzba:

Bros, you need to go back to an English "Comprehensive High" school.

Haba, so you do not know how campuses are named?

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Gerrard59(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
MaestroJosh:
Kwara State University is the first university to offer aeronautics engineering in Nigeria not OAU

But KWASU isn't a federal university. wink There lies the difference as stated in the article.

3 Likes

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by ehissi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
Aeronautical Engineering? Na E be say na 20years na E boys go take graduate from that one so.................. grin
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by onyxo76(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
Big loss for nepa in terms of revenue be that o, 60m monthly kai, well i hope the power that they give to oau can now be diverted to ife town proper ,no more load shedding.
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by simplesearch: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
UniportAgbero:

Yes bro...Uniport doesn't use PHCN again

That's a truly commendable feat, and I do hope others follow and learn quickly from them.

1 Like

Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
UniportAgbero:
Something Uniport started doing in 2015.

Since una start de produce graduate....nawa
Re: OAU To Generate Own Electricity And Offer Aeronautic Engineering As A Course by Studyinchina200(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
October abi

We are patiently waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / Unical 2015/2016 Admission List / IVC Scholarship 2018/2019 For All Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.