Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,098 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit (2134 Views)

Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV / Oba Okunade Sijuwade Flaunts His Painted Nails During Jonathan's Visit / Photos From President's Jonathan's Visit To Maiduguri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by nobleobed(m): 4:21am On Oct 12, 2010
There is palpable fear in Gusau, Zamfara State capital following a text message purportedly being circulated by members of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) that President Goodluck Jonathan should expect another bombing as he plans to commission electricity projects in the state.

The message was sent to a journalist with a national newspaper (not Daily Sun) and other prominent individuals in the state through the mobile number: +2348185474732 and reads unedited:

Attention, MEND being a strong body in the Niger Delta province and protesting against so called Jonathan …XE are ready die in the struggle at all cost the special message to d service is that we are very much aware of the Ebele visit to Zamfara possibly something will happen no body will stop it what happen on October 1, 2010 is real. Lets innocent shy away from d venue as we shall surprise Nigerians bomb is terrible innovation and we are afraid of it please advice people to distant themselves or lost life okey Sokoto airport Zamfara govt house Zamfara

The text message came on the eve of the President’s visit to the state and there is panic among the people, especially, top government officials and security personnel.

It was gathered that as at press time special bomb squad had been deployed in areas within the state capital and the venue for the commissioning of the electrification project at Talata Mafara, which would connect Zamfara, Sokoto and Kebbi States to the national grid.
It was further gathered that armed and plain clothes security personnel had been deployed in major streets in the state capital to provide adequate surveillance and security.

When contacted the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Zamfara command, ASP Sanusi Amiru said the command was aware of the security situation in the country and had drafted special squad on bomb disposal to ensure adequate security at the venue.
He advised the public to remain calm and not panic as policemen were on red alert.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/12/national-12-10-2010-001.htm
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Its all propaganda and you bet this is coming from the same people that were behind the Oct 1 bombings.

Its absurd. If you disagree with someone in power, why not let the electorate decide his fate instead of creating unecessary panic..

The security agencies should unravel those behind these crimes and deal with them decisively[/size]
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by gogo123: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2010
deep inside of me i don't believe this coming from mend, these northerners are playing a lethal game
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2010
Some of us has kept mum since the saga of Oct. 1st bombing.

But with this developemnt, I am now convinced that this has nothing to do with the MEND in the Niger Delta Creeks.

This new MEND must be an impostor MEND and it is only a matter of time, the masquerade will be unmasked.

This is nothing but do or die politics. It is not good to spectulate and point accusing fingers without evidence, but the truth is this: IBB has during the 8 years of his MISrule, given us all the evidence we need concerning him and the kind of things he can do.

Those who has ears, let them hear. It is time we SPLIT Nigeria into 6 countries.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 12, 2010
Whether it has anything to do with real MEND or fake MEND

What a responsible Government does is to put all options on the table and conduct a credible/comprehensive investigation.

Maybe the reason some folks are now using MEND's name is because the President is all over the place suggesting that MEND are above investigation or prosecution.

What kind of ridiculous National Security Policy is that??

If a Bomb goes off in Zamfara, Government should keep an open mind and investigate everybody including MEND, BokoHaram, Massob, OPC, or anybody and everybody that is mentioned whether proximate or remote.

You can not reach a conclusion based on sentiments and then go back to find wild evidence to support your pre-determined conclusion. Such an investigation will always be tainted and can not be how to conduct National Security affairs.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2010
And you know when people were threatening others with violence and saying who can campaign and who can't. We called on the President to arrest the situation and condemn all kinds of violence whether they come from MEND, JRC or Bokoharam. Mr President refused and rather sent out a Press statement through Ima Niboro suggesting that those were all lies.

Now the tables have turned. I only feel sorry for Nigeria. We are truly in torrid times
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Youngichou(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI of Libya has said it all. Split this country into 6 part or according to ethnic groups, this is the only solution to all this.
I mean 6 groups or ethnic groups.
REPUBLIC OF USTHMAN DAN FODIO[/B]
[B] ODUDUWA REPUBLIC[/B]
[B] BIAFRA [/B]
[B] NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC

this is the solution my NL brothers.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Youngichou(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2010
GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI GADDAFI of Libya has said it all. Split this country into 6 part or according to ethnic groups, this is the only solution to all this.
I mean 6 groups or ethnic groups.
REPUBLIC OF USTHMAN DAN FODIO[/B]
[B] ODUDUWA REPUBLIC[/B]
[B] BIAFRA [/B]
[B] NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC

this is the solution my NL brothers.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Guyman02: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
[size=16pt]MOVEMENT FOR THE EMANCIPATION of NORTHERN DESERTS (MEND[color=#990000][/color])[/size]

GEJ was right, he knows those behind the bombing and that was why he was quick to rush in exonerating Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta i.e original MEND
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by joesbuba: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2010
i don't think mend is responsible for oct. 1st bombing its all politcal motivated
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by bisiaet: 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
deep inside of me i don't believe this
coming from mend, these northerners are playing a lethal game

You are right

Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by conquerorb: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
again?
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by lwise(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
Everybody eye don dey clear now say GEJ knew what he was saying.To me if the northerner are not happy bc of GEJ contesting the presidency its better we 'kuku' split.It seems as if presidency is their birth right.Why should a sane man be talking about zoning in this present age.If we cant co exist as a nation lets split this country, angry
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by nairapark: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
Jonathan should be allowed to work without being distracted at least for the remaining few months he has to spend at Aso Rock if he doesn't win next year's election.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Dandas: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
I m still saying it.No thanks to Lord Luggard.Nigeria is three in one country,Northern region(Hausa/fulani,etc),Eastern region(Igbo,Niger Delta) and Western region(Yorubas).Tell me if there is anything ,Hausa,Igbo/Niger delta,and Yorubas have in common?.Just tell me,even in physical appearance,culture,tradition,Idealogy,way of life,etc.So why should the three regions be combined and shouting one Nigeria,what is one Nigeria?.The solution to this is to split d so called Nigeria into this three regions and let there be three countries.Igbos knew this from the begining that they want to go on their own as Biafra,and the North refused.The time to split this country is now so that peace can reign.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
The current Bomb threats prove nothing about the Oct 1 bombing.

Because it is possible for a misguided Government willing to go at any length to prove its pre-dertermined argument to stage later bombs in other to prove their earlier claims

or

It is also possible for those who staged the Abuja bombings to have now realised that the previous attempt was very successful and this tactics could be used even more to purnish the president

or

It is yet again possible that due to the handling of the Oct 1 bombings, a totally different group of people have learnt something new on how to undermine Jonathan's leadership and are simply trying to simulate an event which previously happened spontaneously.

So this is no time to assume anything. It is only unfortunate that our President is never guided by National Interest.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by mallorca(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2010
Umaru Musa Yaradua, RIP
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by T9ksy(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2010
Posted by: Dandas on: Today at 06:00:58 PM
I m still saying it.No thanks to Lord Luggard.Nigeria is three in one country,Northern region(Hausa/fulani,etc),Eastern region(Igbo,Niger Delta) and Western region(Yorubas).Tell me if there is anything ,Hausa,Igbo/Niger delta,and Yorubas have in common?.Just tell me,even in physical appearance,culture,tradition,Idealogy,way of life,etc.So why should the three regions be combined and shouting one Nigeria,what is one Nigeria?.The solution to this is to split d so called Nigeria into this three regions and let there be three countries.Igbos knew this from the begining that they want to go on their own as Biafra,and the North refused.The time to split this country is now so that peace can reign.

Yes o, we are on the same page!!!
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dandas:

I guess you are day dreaming! Nigeria can never and will never be divided says the Spirit of our Lord. Nigeria represent just more than a country. Yes there might be violence in some parts of Nigeria, yes there might be Boko Haram in the North but come to think of it, why has there not been violence in places like Kaduna, Sokoto in recent times? The answer is obvious- These two Northern states ( except Kano and maybe Jos) are developed to an extent and the people that reside in those states are far more educated! Sokoto is a boarder state and much her people engage massively in trading hence they barely have time for violence. Get these people formally educated and let them create jobs for themselves and you will see Boko Haram go into extinction! If you think dividing Nigeria is the solution have another think; even amongest the Yorubas, there is in fighting! Take Ogun and Oyo states for example and you will come to agree with me that dividing Nigeria is really not the solution to these heinous crimes being perpetuated in our country.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by chosen04(f): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I guess you are day dreaming! Nigeria can never and will never be divided says the Spirit of our Lord. Nigeria represent just more than a country. Yes there might be violence in some parts of Nigeria, yes there might be Boko Haram in the North but come to think of it, why has there not been violence in places like Kaduna, Sokoto in recent times? The answer is obvious- These two Northern states ( except Kano and maybe Jos) are developed to an extent and the people that reside in those states are far more educated! Sokoto is a boarder state and much her people engage massively in trading hence they barely have time for violence. Get these people formally educated and let them create jobs for themselves and you will see Boko Haram go into extinction! If you think dividing Nigeria is the solution have another think; even amongest the Yorubas, there is in fighting! Take Ogun and Oyo states for example and you will come to agree with me that dividing Nigeria is really not the solution to these heinous crimes being perpetuated in our country.

I hope you are not mistaking the Lord in Lord lugard to mean ''YOUR/OUR LORD?''
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by adagz01(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
The solution is spliting.

I am tired of all these abokis
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by xterra2(m): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
mikeansy:

What a responsible Government does is to put all options on the table and conduct a credible/comprehensive investigation.

Maybe the reason some folks are now using MEND's name is because the President is all over the place suggesting that MEND are above investigation or prosecution.

If a Bomb goes off in Zamfara, Government should keep an open mind and investigate everybody including MEND, BokoHaram, Massob, OPC, or anybody and everybody that is mentioned whether proximate or remote.

You can not reach a conclusion based on sentiments and then go back to find wild evidence to support your pre-determined conclusion. Such an investigation will always be tainted and can not be how to conduct National Security affairs.
Yes that may be the case
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Uclloyd28(m): 2:34am On Oct 13, 2010
adagz 01:

The solution is spliting.

I am tired of all these abokis

Gbam, Am tired too
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Dandas: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2010
No need deceiving ourself,believe it or not,the solution is nothing but to split into three countries.Tired of all these Mallams/aboki's.Imagine,ABOKI(NORTH) go ur way,they say NO.Aboki(NORTH),allow the south to rule,they say NO.What then is the solution?.Lets face the fact.If history has it that we have been decieving ourself as one country for the past fifty years(Golden Jubilee),and now(that we have marked 50th birthday),we split,it will be a welcome idea.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Igwe9(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
mikeansy:

you see? You're beginning to make sense now, this is the exact thing mr. president did in the case of Oct 1st bombing, by subjecting the whole thing to a thorough investigation rather than accepting the culpability of MEND which was a smart move by the perpetrator to divert attention.
Re: Bomb Scare In Zamfara Ahead Of Jonathan’s Visit by Solozzo(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2010
mikeansy

Thank u so much for this post. You had doe a brillant clinical analysis of the situation. When we are wishwashy about investigation of a seirous crime as terrorist bombings, we put ourseves at risk, particulary when we hasitily exonerate people who claim responsibility and have a history of violent behaviur. GEJ should have used the opportunity to allow a full scale investigation without bias or favour and unite the nation together iwth words like there is no north, sourh east igbo hausa or yoruba and other tribes but only nigeria and assure nigerians of the protection and safety we deserve. In a similar vien the new crime of kidnapping had been escalating because the police have failed woefully to act decisively

I dare say that if another bomb blast happens, GEJ should be voted against at all levels. He would have proven he cannot protect us in any way

(1) (Reply)

Lagos-state-speaker-kuforiji-in-alleged-adulterous-scandal / The Big Boys Show Up For Anenih’s Birthday And Some Enemies Too (photos) / Photos :why Prince Donatus Okonkwo Is Most Suitable For Anambra State!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.