Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,123 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka (25311 Views)

'Federal Government Has Failed' - Dino Melaye As He Shares New Photo / Nigerians Mock Buhari's Government On Twitter With #makechangegreatagain / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2019
Sai baba!! buhari is the best president nigeria ever have.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by UnusualJhay(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2019
So what's the point of having a president who cannot give account of his nation cry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by blackboy(m): 11:34am On Jul 15, 2019
Se na today your day break? Since 2016 it was a known fact. It is only God that will save us.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by chingymingy: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2019
iwaeda:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, says the Federal Government has failed, adding that the government is not capable of solving Nigeria’s problems.

Soyinka lamented the violence caused by herdsmen, the indiscriminate grazing of cattle and the destruction of farmlands

He, therefore, recommended that a National Conference be convened, adding that the Muhammadu Buhari-led government can only make an impact by thinking beyond partisan politics.

Soyinka said this while playing host to some students on his 85th birthday celebration, Channels Television reports.

The playwright said, “The problems of this nation are beyond the solution that can be offered by this government, that’s the first admission; they have to stop thinking in partisan government.

“There has always been a major problem with successive governments. It’s easier on the state level to say that a particular state is definitely doing better than another state. But the central government has failed, that’s my view in the main.

“There is a minimal level which any government which has been elected to power must achieve to be considered a true representative of the people.”

He called for a national summit to address some of the socio-economic and political challenges facing the country, saying that the current challenges are beyond the capacity of the government in power.

Soyinka said more was expected from the government in tackling issues that affect the populace.

He also called for a national conference where all these challenges could be addressed for the good of all, making reference to security threats posed by cattle herders.

The Nobel Laureate added, “Look at what’s happening today with the cattle all over the place, that’s a security issue which should never have reached this level.

“That singular act has resulted in hundreds of people being killed, farms were taken over; it has wiped away a lot of the positive achievements of the government.”

“They need to confront this nation as a habitation of human beings where very serious issues like economy, security, health, even threats of secession come up every day and convoke at the same time, a national conference, what I call an Indaba across all section which we will all meet and debate everything, including the economy of this nation.”

https://punchng.com/buharis-govt-has-failed-soyinka/

Oga abeg park well jaree, you knew he will fail even before he became president in 2015 but yet you encouraged your followers to vote for him
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by apiski(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Just passing
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Yankee101: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
Since thr first year of his first term
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Martin0(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
gypsey:
Sai baba!! buhari is the best president nigeria ever have.

sai baba,come Gypsey e get business wey I wan do ooo,you go like join,better owo go yakpa for profit oooo,I wan go buy rice for Cotonou then smuggle am into Naija with the help of those taxi smugglers wey they for aflao border ,this rice I wan sell am high price for December, u know say rice cheap for Cotonou Na,buy for at least maybe 8k or 9k then sell for as high as 18k for Naija!
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
Martin0:

sai baba,come Gypsey e get business wey I wan do ooo,you go like join,better owo go yakpa for profit oooo,I wan go buy rice for Cotonou then smuggle am into Naija with the help of those taxi smugglers wey they for aflao border ,this rice I wan sell am high price for December, u know say rice cheap for Cotonou Na,buy for at least maybe 8k or 9k then sell for as high as 18k for Naija!
not bad, Good bizness but what if custom seize them? Na wahala go be dat oo! sad
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Martin0(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
gypsey:
not bad, Good bizness but what if custom seize them? Na wahala go be dat oo! sad

nna Nigeria border Na rubbish, them dey collect bribes like say Na church offerings, I have thought of all these,Na one of my boss customers nai dey do the business, this man get about 6stores with warehouse, omo as he dey gist my Oga everything and how him take dey smuggle in the rice ,I just pick all the things I need to know,and especially how to settle custom's....

I dey think about this business, coz o might try it before September.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by stieyven(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
StillX10:
When God rested on the 7the day The Devil rushed to create Buhari in his image
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by bigcasava1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yoruba people with double mouth, today they are here tomorrow they are no longer there. Soyinka pls shut up
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Zolautd: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Government of the cow to the cow for the cows
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by dododawa1: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
and SOYINKA failed on CUTLISM issue
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by kayusely70(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
Buhari's govt is too myopic, tribalistic and incompetent.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by TheStarsAlign: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
simonlee:

Satan...

You deserve a Pulitzer Prize!
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by naijanaso: 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Soyinka sharrrraappp there. Upon all your read read, e take you this long to know say Buhari no good? When you dey open mouth dey support am, you don forget. Abeg, park well.
All you people that think you can now wag your mouth, you thought you knew how to unleash wickedness to Nigerians when you preached the gospel of Buhari...we told you, begged you to forget this man but to no avail. This is the beginning. If he comes out for third term, I will vote him in and retaliate your stupidly. Nonsense.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by allubi(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
StillX10:
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Staro: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
Sad
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Julivas(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
The question is did he just know this? He should have said this before the election.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
iwaeda:
Buhari is not a leader

He has Usman Dan Fodio's Complex.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2019
orisa37:

He has Usman Dan Fodio's Complex.

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
StillX10:

An Abacha Apologist.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
simonlee:
Satan...

Land grabber.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 6:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=simonlee post=80270931][/quote].

He is an Alien.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=simonlee post=80270931][/quote].

He is an Alien.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Staro:
It's so sad

And we all kept looking jinxed.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Staro:
It's so sad

And we all kept looking jinxed.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
yomi96:
the election was clearly rigged bro. He failed in 1984, he has failed again.

It's SAI DUNDI UNITED.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nigeria is as a nation is a reflection of Nigerians living inside it. That is why virtually every sector of Nigeria is suffering from a similar decay.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
Nigeria as a nation is a reflection of Nigerians living inside it. That is why virtually every sector of Nigeria is suffering from a similar decay.
. We need new ideas
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by inforesource: 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
But I remember him supporting a particular candidate,though he was not a popular candidate.

So if he did not cast any vote and terms that as protest then he should allow those who protested by casting their votes speak.

sonofElElyon:
The right to vote is exactly that.. A right! It is your choice to either exercise same or abstain from so doing.. It is not a duty like people say.. It is a right.. If you are not satisfied with the quality of candidates, you can choose to abstain from voting.. Does not mean you are not a responsible citizen.. To abstain from voting is a form of protest against the status quo.

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Failed – Wole Soyinka by sonofElElyon: 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
He isn't stopping anyone from speaking, just as you can't also stop him from expressing his views just because he chose to abstain from voting which he has a right to do

inforesource:
But I remember him supporting a particular candidate,though he was not a popular candidate.

So if he did not cast any vote and terms that as protest then he should allow those who protested by casting their votes speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Takes Over Imo House Of Assembly / Did Tinubu Call Buhari “Agent Of Destabilization”? Yes! - Farooq Kperogi / Nigerian Embassy Calls Rebecca Sharibu Story In The US Falsehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.