Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles (52924 Views)

AFCON: Nigerians Drag Yul Edochie After Prophecy About The Super Eagles Fails / Adepoju: Why Argentina Defeated Super Eagles At USA ’94 / AFCON: 282 Held Over Unrest In France After Algeria Beat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Ojayyonline(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2019
solasoulmusic:
We should learn from this it’s less about the color of the jersey and more about how we can’t serve two masters. Both the super eagles and the super falcons met their defeats when they focused more on the reward that the crown of success.

Every team at that competition focused more on preparation and tactics like stable passes. I suggest for the next competition super eagles technical team goes nationwide and into the real soul of Nigeria to find our rising stars like we did in 94

We can’t just run with the ball there has to be build up play and execution of opportunities to win

this is not about superstitious beliefs or so. Our tactics are very poor and u're right by saying that but also you have to realize that the color of the jersey is too dim and almost unnoticeable especially for tensed up players, their passes can never be accurate when they can't clearly see or notice the presence of a team member. Don't be quick to judge but we're just trying to analyze all necessary cause for the defeat.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Bmaster(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2019
so surprised how football unites!
now, we're no longer shithole country, zoo, people fighting for biafra, revolution, referendum, arewa, niger delta and so on grin
we are now Nigerians!!
May football never die!!!!
grin
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by joshmee4real(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Where are those shouting Henry Onyekuru this, Henry Onyekuru that. Wetin e play yesterday?
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by joshmee4real(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2019
As Much as Ndidi is a good tackler, I think he needs to be more careful in conceding fouls right in front of the 18 yard box. It cost us against Madagascar too
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Maski87: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2019
Go do your researchbitch, its people like you that make Nigeriabackwards

ayanbaba2:

shut up jooooo!

which jersey? did we play well enough to win?

which jersey color did we "wear" against Burkina Faso in 2013 final?

that is why Nigeria is here and others are there... believing in nonsense!
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Wwildcard(m): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2019
merit455:
You sabi like this and u no fit played

you sabi like this and you no fit type
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Lastorator: 9:39am On Jul 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

Spot on!! Be like say you sit for front seat for viewing centre. Your N50 no waste.
Na dat stupid coach kill the match. First, he had answer to the Algerians locking down the wings. Then again, he had no answer to the Algerians putting our defenders under pressure.
Finally, his mumu mind told him to remove chukueze, the only attacker out of the four who was giving Algerians snippets of problem and brought in an immobile neophyte. The same shite he did in qf when he removed musa who was getting joy against SA's num 5 and brought in an immobile Simon. I suspect ighalo is giving him roger as the guy was totally useless on the field and still lasted 90mins

The way the man been dey vex me ehnnn, if i block am for road... He bleeped up big time.. The only way against Algeria was through skilful players that could dribble through their line, n the yeye coach removed d brightest attacker we had
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2019
Ojayyonline:

this is not about superstitious beliefs or so. Our tactics are very poor and u're right by saying that but also you have to realize that the color of the jersey is too dim and almost unnoticeable especially for tensed up players, their passes can never be accurate when they can't clearly see or notice the presence of a team member. Don't be quick to judge but we're just trying to analyze all necessary cause for the defeat.

When designing and accepting jerseys it’s advisable to test its visibility in lighting both during the day and at night. We never went wrong with the former light green color the one before the latest one. Maybe it’s too dark for night ball or we just didn’t approach the game technically

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by grandlexuz(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2019
Ojayyonline:
I believe our uniform is to blame. it is too dull, you don't expect guys to always put up their heads before they make passes there may be no time for that. For me I think we should use a very bright socks if we wanna continue to use this uniform just to make sure team members can locate themselves easily.

The Jersey had nothing to do with Mahrez free kick nor the Algierians first goal. I didn't see the Super Eagles putting on the jersey when Madagascar whooped their ass 2-0.. Algieria was a better side and deserved the day.. Period. Leave all that jersey analysis. That one na talk for losers!
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Adakintroy2: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2019
alibiguy:

I beg to differ on your assertion that he did okay with the material he has. First, Rohr was responsible for the selection of these players. Being a parochial and an inordinately conservative coach, he decided not to shake things up after the world cup. Remember that there's a kelechi Nwakali who could have, like Chukwueze, been a revelation playing behind the top striker at Afcon 2019. Need I also mention Yinka Awoniyi who, in my opinion, is technically better than Ighalo. Rohr fixation on a certain crop of players smacks of one who seems to be 'benefiting' from this arrangement.

Rohr had choice to select players. Yes! But you only as extensive as your options. These are not exactly golden age of Nigerian football. Kanu, okocha, ikpeba, babyaro, .

This bunch are distinctively average. The nwankali you mentioned is not exactly hot property in europe..chuwkweze is good but don't hype him..he still has a lot of learning to do. His defending was poor this game. Throw him in a midfield of such algerian quality will drown him. He was shot of stamina. Slow to drop back.

I think we don't have players. This was a fair position. Sengal has better options than us. Same with algeria.

I use to shout at Musa, but when Simon Moses come on I just agreed that Musa was far better. We saw that tall stirker ( forgot his name) came on and we agree we will just stick with ighalo.

Every country has golden Era of football. This is just not our time. Football is not sentiments. Sometimes everything seem clear..we just cut up in superiority complex and desperation to win at all times.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 15, 2019
Lastorator:

The way the man been dey vex me ehnnn, if i block am for road... He bleeped up big time.. The only way against Algeria was through skilful players that could dribble through their line, n the yeye coach removed d brightest attacker we had

I think it's time the nff look to develop our local coaches. All these merchants forming foreign coaches are just duping us. Algerian coach na former player. See how read the game well and rendered our game ineffective. And the mumu German coach could do nothing abt it. Where dem for see the man self? undecided angry angry
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Ojayyonline(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2019
grandlexuz:

The Jersey had nothing to do with Mahrez free kick nor the Algierians first goal. I didn't see the Super Eagles putting on the jersey when Madagascar whooped their ass 2-0.. Algieria was a better side and deserved the day.. Period. Leave all that jersey analysis. That one na talk for losers!

lolzzzzzz.....u're right to say that such talks are for losers but u should have an open mind. free kicks can be scored against any team even in champions league we saw many such. I'm just saying our passes are less accurate compared to when we wear a brighter color jersey simple.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Ojayyonline(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2019
grandlexuz:

lolzzzzzz.....u're right to say that such talks are for losers but u should have an open mind. free kicks can be scored against any team even in champions league we saw many such. I'm just saying our passes are less accurate compared to when we wore a brighter color jersey simple!
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2019
GeneralPula:

Algeria played nothing special! Removing Chukwueze killed the match.
the kid was even ready to play for another 90mins.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 15, 2019
alibiguy:

I beg to differ on your assertion that he did okay with the material he has. First, Rohr was responsible for the selection of these players. Being a parochial and an inordinately conservative coach, he decided not to shake things up after the world cup. Remember that there's a kelechi Nwakali who could have, like Chukwueze, been a revelation playing behind the top striker at Afcon 2019. Need I also mention Yinka Awoniyi who, in my opinion, is technically better than Ighalo. Rohr fixation on a certain crop of players smacks of one who seems to be 'benefiting' from this arrangement.

You're on point. He's too sentimental. What was ighalo doing on the field for 90 mins. And Chukwueze our best attacker was removed for who?

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Lastorator: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2019
Buckubuck:

I think it's time the nff look to develop our local coaches. All these merchants forming foreign coaches are just duping us. Algerian coach na former player. See how read the game well and rendered our game ineffective. And the mumu German coach could do nothing abt it. Where dem for see the man self? undecided angry angry

I tire, the guy no jus understand the use of of tactics atall, all our former wins were just luck n players zeal... Our coach na jus figure head.

We need to develop coaches that can read game, and know what to add or take from it.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by ATERI(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2019
The Algerian coach is of Algerian origin, the ritualists in charge of football in Nigeria would have killed him or frustrated him out of the job. May the spirit of Stephen Keshi continue to haunt Nigeria. We wont win anything in Nigeria as long as the people that starved Stephen Keshi to death remain in office. Amen.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Godsonx2012: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2019
I wish I could write like you!
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by GeneralPula: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2019
sisipelebe:
the kid was even ready to play for another 90mins.

Yeah, just when the commentator was talking about how fit the kid was, the coach decided to bring in one useless Henry. I still dey vex till now angry grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2019
GeneralPula:

Yeah, just when the commentator was talking about how fit the kid was, the coach decided to bring in one useless Henry. I still dey vex till now angry grin
That one way kan do guy man for pitch.
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by GeneralPula: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2019
sisipelebe:
That one way kan do guy man for pitch.

Abi. He couldn’t bypass any defender. Sisipelebe,, sowie are you so slim?
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by grandlexuz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ojayyonline:

lolzzzzzz.....u're right to say that such talks are for losers but u should have an open mind. free kicks can be scored against any team even in champions league we saw many such. I'm just saying our passes are less accurate compared to when we wore a brighter color jersey simple!

Hahaha.. I still don't think so.. I am from Cameroon and we have this yellow Jersey that is often associated with badluck.. It is a very bright jersey. The Algerians had white, totally different from the green. Besides they are white skin" so couldn't have caused any confusion in ball pases.. I don't think the colour of the Naija jersey has any scientific backing as a cause for wrong passes.. Albert Eiestein will be frowning at his grave at this new Naija scientific publication that defies the law of physics.. .hahahahaha
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by pole: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
Our keeper na bad luck,wait dat jersey na bad luck too, know skillful player tufia
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by kals4luv990(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
:DMA NIGGAHMA NIGGAHMA NIGGAH
Re: AFCON: Nigerians React After Algeria Defeated Super Eagles by Olumyco(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
The game of football involves alot and to me it can be divided into two things

1. Offense

2. Defense

In football formation, we have 5 offensive guys and 5 defensive guys.

In football, there are guys who possesses these two tactics irrespective of where they play on the field. A coach is to study this and know when to use a player.

Also most formation has both offensive and defensive tactics. A good coach knows when to use each tactic and also when to switch.

Looking at the crop of players we have I can say this of them in relation to these two tactics (wingers and Defenders)

1. Ola Aina - Defensive and Offensive

2. Collins Jamiu - Defensive

3. Toost Ekrong - Defensive

4. Omeruo - Defensive

5. Awaziem - Defensive and Offensive

6. Ahmed Musa - Offensive and Defensive

7. Moses Simon - Offensive and Defensive

8. Samuel Chukweze - Offensive

9. Henry Onyekuru - Offensive

Now to me Rohr tried to manage these attributes in our players but not well managed as there is conflict of pattern with what we have.

To manage a team like this, 3-5-2 formation would be the best.

Having two left and right back who can defend and support in an attack and also left and right wingers who can offend and support in a defense fits in into 3-5-2 formation. 3-5-2 can easily switch to 5-3-2 for defense.

Now to me

Omeruo - Full Central Back
Ola Aina - Left Back
Awaziem - Right Back

Ahmed Musa - Left Wing
Moses Simon- Right Wing

For who to Strike, first of all, we all should know that Ighalo is not a good striker. To me Nigeria does not have a striker at the moment. I would suggest Samuel Chukweze be converted to a striker for us. In playing a number 9 role, you must be a threat to your opponent defense when live or dead ball is with you. You must also be confident to manoeuvre box 18 and shoot on target. You must be good in positioning yourself for live feed. In fact Strikers are chances converters while playmakers are chances creators. I believe Chukweze will play the no.9 role very well if converted to play the role. Chukweze has movement, skills and stamina to strike for us. The goal he scored against South Africa proves this.

If we observe very well our midfield keep collapsing especially against Cameroon and South Africa. What could be the cause? It is because we lack pattern. Our formation is not fitting in with attributes of our players. The problem is that Etebo and Ndidi were coming to the back to assist the defenders. Our keeper too was always shooting the ball out instead of passing to the closest person to build a strong pattern from the back.

To me this formation will likely work for us

Awaziem.......Omeruo........Aina

Simon........Ndidi.......Etebo.......Ekrong.......Musa

Iwobi.........Chukweze

With a good keeper, this kind of formation can face and finish any team.

Onyekuru, Collins, Ighalo can be sub based on Defensive pattern or Offensive pattern. But to have both playout based on opponent drive, the above is the best.

Chukweze should learn how to play free kicks and be good like Ronaldo, Mahrez and co. Lobatan

Rohr should still be allowed to stay but needs to rearrange the team according to what they can offer like the above.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria. Vs. Lesotho: FIFA 2026 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 16th Nov 2023 / Cristiano Ronaldo Eats On The Rug (Photo) / Naomi Osaka Becomes The Highest Paid Female Athlete In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.