Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG (16203 Views)

Packaging Criteria - Standup Bags, Plastic Bags, Branding Etc / Victor Oscar Ziplock Resealable Standup Plastic Bags Company Nigeria / Plastic Bags Sales In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by emperorventure4(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2019
We have more than 20 million unemployed people, and this useless People want to ban Nylon production costing Another Huge Job loss, why not create recycling Companies to take Carr of the waste thereby creating more Jobs
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by nasoeb: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Offpoint:
I'm in support of, plastic bags, bottles, cans etc are responsible for a lot of environmental disasters. Nigerians naturally are dirty people who throw their empties anywhere after consumption.

There are paper cups, bottles, cans and bags being used in advance country... we should adopt that.

Visit some places in Lagos and you'll definitely support this.
Less than 5mins I just peep for my window see one cult boy drink sprite pass and I suspect sey em go trow the empty bottle for my area, omoo I rush go outside and behold, the bottle der, omoo na em I call the guy oh sey make em pick am, I no follow for that kind play.
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by AerialMapper: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2019
Fortunately, the one thing i learned in Chemical and Polymer Engineering was how to make plastic bags biodegradable!

Mix in starch into the molten polymer before extrusion...SIMPLE.

Many years ago, i bought stuff from a supermarket and left the bag in my bag. A few months later, the bag had broken down into flakes. This is a simple solution to the problem of plastic bags
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by Tats(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2019
In the UK, it is not yet banned. What has been implemented is that you pay 5 pence for each bag you use hence the demand has drastically reduced as people now reuse the ones they have bought. In the meantime, they are thinking of increasing the cost to 10 pence while they find alternatives to plastics. Paper bags are already in use too but other alternatives are being considered. In USA, they use loads of plastic bags. If you go to Walmart, they will practically put every one or two items into a different bag and you end up with 10 or more bags per shopping trip. They need to do more there.
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by naturefellow(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2019
Kreamie:
Nylon has been banned in Rwanda. That’s a futuristic country. Why can’t it be banned it NIGERIA?

There are countries making bags out of processed cassava; something we have in abundance. Even Adidas has started making biodegradable running shoes cos they care about their environment. Why can’t we imitate that technology since that’s what we’re good at? You see nylon/plastic bags littering the whole place without any hope of them being recycled.

Nylon causes more harm than good to the environment generally.

Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by cnonyechi(f): 11:32am On Jul 15, 2019
Offpoint:
I'm in support... plastic bags, bottles, cans etc are responsible for a lot of environmental disasters. Nigerians naturally are dirty people who throw their empties anywhere after consumption.

There are paper cups, bottles, cans and bags being used in advance country... we should adopt that.

Next should be pampers, sanitary pads and torn females pants. They're responsible for most flood in Nigeria.

Visit some places in Lagos and you'll definitely support this.

So when dey ban dem den we put water in paper bags abi. Instead of us to be talking of recycling
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by AbuAeesha: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2019
Kreamie:
Nylon has been banned in Rwanda. That’s a futuristic country. Why can’t it be banned it NIGERIA?

There are countries making bags out of processed cassava; something we have in abundance. Even Adidas has started making biodegradable running shoes cos they care about their environment. Why can’t we imitate that technology since that’s what we’re good at? You see nylon/plastic bags littering the whole place without any hope of them being recycled.

Nylon causes more harm than good to the environment generally.
Don't you think it's better to create a means of properly disposing it after use,or probably initiate recycling.i guess you won't write this if you earn from a plastic industry,why not consider those that do..I mean no harm please
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by cyborg123(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
AerialMapper:
Fortunately, the one thing i learned in Chemical and Polymer Engineering was how to make plastic bags biodegradable!

Mix in starch into the molten polymer before extrusion...SIMPLE.

Many years ago, i bought stuff from a supermarket and left the bag in my bag. A few months later, the bag had broken down into flakes. This is a simple solution to the problem of plastic bags
You could draft a proposal to any nylon company and make some money instead of blasting the idea openly.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by AerialMapper: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
cyborg123:

You could draft a proposal to any nylon company and make some money instead of blasting the idea openly.

I have given them for free to save our environment.
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by B3sty(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Actually you are the one still in the stone age
U're welcome
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by B3sty(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
martineverest:
typical example of EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Mr Literate Educationalist!
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by B3sty(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
TMemos:

Did you read the message before attacking the federal government?
I didn't Read Sir
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by 9jaRealist: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
B3sty:
Misplaced Priority from the Federal Government.
Government of "Try & Error".
Do they want us to go back to Stone Age where Local Baskets were being used?
Chain!

Saving our own environment is a "misplaced priority"? shocked
I cry for Nigeria because Nigerians are the worst thing to happen to it. SMH
>
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by 9jaRealist: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tats:
In the UK, it is not yet banned. What has been implemented is that you pay 5 pence for each bag you use hence the demand has drastically reduced as people now reuse the ones they have bought. In the meantime, they are thinking of increasing the cost to 10 pence while they find alternatives to plastics. Paper bags are already in use too but other alternatives are being considered. In USA, they use loads of plastic bags. If you go to Walmart, they will practically put every one or two items into a different bag and you end up with 10 or more bags per shopping trip. They need to do more there.

We should not following the UK (and US) blindly...
The only blessing about our underdevelopment is that we can create new industries based on alternatives.

>
Re: Don’t Ban Plastic Bags, Polymer President Begs FG by eddieguru(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
MicroBox:

Read the post before commenting and don't fall in the category of lazy Nigerian youths who are educated illiterates.
grin grin grin grin....what do you mean by educated illiterate?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Fire Outbreak At Balogun Market / Asaba City Mall [shoprite] Is Ready For Commissioning Says Olumide Adinsanya / Benue State To Build 800million Naira Brewery In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.