Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo (7251 Views)

Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy / Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by nograv: 6:39am On Jul 15, 2019
As a man who is half Yoruba and Igbo, I curse the Yoruba side of my family. Igbos wanted nothing to do with Buhari, but you fools including my lagosian Yoruba family voted Buhari back in. Mtchewww...

See your life, rice something our ancestors could produce without problem is now a struggle...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 15, 2019
Oga pastor.... Have a comment... but make I snore small.... Hurrrrrhhhhghhhggghhh

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Truthbites: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2019
A.P.C!!!!!!!! s.cammers for life...una go say A toddy, H tomorrow, X next year, I raise Beyonce wrist for una
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Originalsly: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2019
If milling is the problem.... why not give concessions for locals to set up rice mills? No point stating the problem but it trying to solve it.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Bukden16(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2019
Ok.

Which sector have we attended the level of sufficiency under You and PMB?

That you're busy calling rice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by lexy2014: 6:47am On Jul 15, 2019
Racoon:
shocked I thought this pathologic government have lied shamelessly that Nigeria has attained self sufficiency in rice production that we dont import the commodity again?.

Guess the Nigeria collapse of the Thailand Rice Pyramids lies have been reaffirmed? Ofada Rice is no where in our markets.Buhari govt remains a monumental fraud, disgrace and embarrassment.

They have won election now they can start telling d truth little by little

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Forreellinc: 6:49am On Jul 15, 2019
grin toy vice president
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by lexy2014: 6:50am On Jul 15, 2019
kittykollinxx:
Are we self sufficient in anything? Your produced rice is even as expensive as imported rice. Baba your government no care

B4 election, they said their local rice is everywhere& that it was so cheap, that people were rebagging it to sell as imported rice. Osinbajo also said then that Nigeria produces more than 90% of its local rice needs. Election has come& gone d story has changed
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:02am On Jul 15, 2019
EVERY NIGERIAN DESERVES THIS
IF YOU THINK PDP WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THEN YOU ARE CRAZIER THAN A MAD RABBIT
WE ALREADY KNOW IF PDP HAD WON, 80% OF APC WOULD 'TELEPORT' BACK
UNTIL WE REALIZE THE PEOPLE THAT DESTROYED NIGERIA CANNOT REBUILD IT, WE WOULD KEEP GOING IN CIRCLES.
BUHARI/ATIKU HAHAHAHA JOKE OF THE CENTURY

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by erimmy(m): 7:12am On Jul 15, 2019
Despite the propaganda. We live in interesting times.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by erimmy(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Despite the propaganda. We live in interesting times.

Anyways check my signature and be self sufficient.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by eddieguru(m): 7:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Is this man not a pastor?....i thought pastors don't lie?...well anything can be said in naija.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by stonemasonn: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2019
nograv:
As a man who is half Yoruba and Igbo, I curse the Yoruba side of my family. Igbos wanted nothing to do with Buhari, but you fools including my lagosian Yoruba family voted Buhari back in. Mtchewww...

See your life, rice something our ancestors could produce without problem is now a struggle...

so it's Yorubas fault we can't produce enough rice. all curses shall return back to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by donogaga(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2019
Racoon:
shocked I thought this pathologic government have lied shamelessly that Nigeria has attained self sufficiency in rice production that we dont import the commodity again?.

Guess the Nigeria collapse of the Thailand Rice Pyramids lies have been reaffirmed? Ofada Rice is no where in our markets.Buhari govt remains a monumental fraud, disgrace and embarrassment.

My brother, lies seems to be the order of the day. As far as I am concerned, we will continue to be lied to because we are gullible.

It beats my imagination why people still refer to the President as Mr. Integrity.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2019
really?... Mr LIE osinbande!

#PROPAGANDA BURSTED!

#GOAL POST SHIFTED!

#KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF!
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Dareal90s(m): 7:21am On Jul 15, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Is this one still a pastor? shocked
Do u see pastor on his name?
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Ikechu12: 7:22am On Jul 15, 2019
I'm not even going to say anything except for NTOOR NIGGERIANS. Ntoooooooooooooor.

Every shit y'all going through serves una right. Ntoooooooooooooor

#sai bubu no be so
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2019
Professor is on point. Very correct.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by kittykollinxx(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2019
lexy2014:

B4 election, they said their local rice is everywhere& that it was so cheap, that people were rebagging it to sell as imported rice. Osinbajo also said then that Nigeria produces more than 90% of its local rice needs. Election has come& gone d story has changed

Thank you for this
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by anonimi: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2019
edunwablog:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the country is yet to attain self-sufficiency in rice production. He was speaking at the 4th National Discourse organized in Lagos by The Companion, an association of Muslim Men in Business and the Professions themed ‘Food Security: Unleashing Nigeria’s Natural Potential for self Sufficiency’.

“We used to import $5 million of rice every day. Although local rice is enhancing the economy, it is still more expensive than imported rice,” he said. Professor Osinbajo said that countries normally place subsidy on their rice to make it less expensive.

His words: “We are still at the point where we can do so much better. Once we are able to mill our rice, then we can compete with imported rice in terms of pricing.”Immediate past governor of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, described Nigeria as a very poor nation that needed to stand up against corruption and improve on food security.

.............and her stood up against corruption by chopping billions in his state house in addition to unaccounted for security votes plus inflated contracts that were not done
Who are these Assembly of Past/Present Crooks, APC rogues fooling but themselves?
Rogues everywhere you go forming saints while owing salaries and allowances for years after stealing the people's money.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Herbephe1(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2019
Edeteyongapla:
Common rice we can not beat our chest and say we are producing rice. What a shamed country

How many farm of rice do you have Sir?
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by peesleem(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2019
Pleases nairalander, as much as I don't like doing this but I don't have any other option again, though there is no dignity in begging, so also is a close mouth leads to a close destiny...

Have been given seven days to evict the apartment am occupying, please sir/ma if you are in any capacity to help me, please do

FCMB

This is my contact if you want to contact me, 08106441348

Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Aidejay(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2019
Some pple don't know how to read ooh
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by lexy2014: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2019
kittykollinxx:

Thank you for this

U welcome bros
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Lovelyn451(f): 8:47am On Jul 15, 2019
Born2Breed:
Despite all the RICE in KANO
kano ke? kano geh rice?
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by connkg(m): 8:51am On Jul 15, 2019
I remember the VP's statements during his debate with Mr. Peter Obi on the issue of rice importation and imports from China, as a whole. He opined that Production was his focus and that we have done so well at it, in such a short time. Obi's view was that the economic metrics do not support that view.
We are in the fifth year of this administration. The phrase "previous administration", which APC uses to refer to the entire PDP era, but especially the Jonathan era, should now be removed officially.
We build and commission mills, but are they viable and producing? What is the distance from source and distance to market? What are their energy needs? Are they profitable? Asking such questions, without going ".. the money for those were squandered by the PDP government", is key.
They squandered their budgets. Have you utilised yours?
2. Another of his opinions was the issue if the length of time. This is his fifth year. What has he started and when will he finish?
It should be clear that issues, not politics, should henceforth be raised.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by Staro: 9:26am On Jul 15, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
But this APC government was spreading propaganda since two years ago before election that Nigeria has overtaken Thailand in rice production and does not import rice any longer except for smuggled ones which entered illegally.

This government is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria since Lord Lugard out of his drunken state of mind merged it together.

It will not be well with Tinubu and all those who brought this incompetent illiterate Dundee and foisted him on us.

They are shameless liars
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by sapientia(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2019
Hehehehe.

The Thailand saga comes to mind.

These guys have no single shame.
Re: Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo by TrendyNwendy: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2019
Hedonini:
And yet, you bastards banned the importation of rice. You see the kind of clueless fools we have in positions of leadership in this country?
And have been seizing trailer loads of it leaving a good number of business people bankrupt and heavily indebted. God is watching

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Investment Outside Southeast Worth $2trillion / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures / December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.