Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Why Is America So Blessed? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is America So Blessed? (23036 Views)

GEJ Wasn't Cursed But Blessed By Yoruba Obas (Photo) / Why Is Nigeria So Blessed With Poverty? / Why Is Nigeria So, So Blessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 3:36am On Oct 18, 2010
man do you people EVER ENJOY YOUR LIVES?

Good Lord.

Just non stop back and forth bitterness.

I'm glad I'm not Nigerian, U people are wayyy to Serious and mean-spirited for my likes. wink

I like LIVING!!!!!

you might as well start now.

what you waiting for?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 3:41am On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Mr. Cap please do not dignify his "Dunce-tardom" illness with a reply, I beg you. You are too good to indulge in childish bosom-for-tat with someone who clearly knows that truth but is now behaving ridiculously because to him this is now a game. Someone like him who is intelligent and at first was able to reason and now posting pictures of cars he's Googled just needs to good old silent treatment until he can use his testosterone and act like a man for once in his life.

LouisThoru I dont know who you thought you were amusing or entertaining when you made that bull-ish remark about:

But let me inform you I am the product of Jamaican and African American slaves. I represent generations of Roses that have grown from concrete. Your comical view point on the separation, beating, and oppression of my ancestors ENLIGHTENS me on who you are and which role YOUR ancestors played. Theres NOTHING comical about a man going out to get food for his family only to find a net over his head and thrown on a ship NEVER to see his wife, children, parents or loved ones again. Nothing hilarious about a mother giving birth to her baby knowing that by the age of 5 that child will be ripped from her arms and sent to the market to be sold along with cattle, bread and land property a child she carried for 9 mo.s and whom she'll never see again. There's nothing AMUSING about being a young man and a father being held at gun point while being forced to watch a white man - if not a gang of white men- r.ape beat and torture his mother and/ or sisters. Or what about the grandfather who used to roam African land only to witness two generations later his grandson being lynched and his corpse later burned as his killers pose around his hanging body in celebration just because they "felt like killing a n.gger". You don't know how much you made my blood boil girl. I almost 'like' Mandingo's dunce self compared to you at this point because you know better. You don't have to care either.

There IS however total sadness when each of those people look back and remember that it was someone who looked like THEM who betrayed them often times someone they knew and TRUSTED. You see you? the difference between you and I is while I am a descendant of the slave, my conscience is clean. I can celebrate their lives and sacrifices made for me but you? Which role do you think YOU fall into? look down in your hands, I am certain if you look hard enough you can see the marks left behind from each net you used to fling over us, while finding it 'funny'. You and Mandingo are the SAME Africans who just so happen to end up in different paths. Both of you should be deeply ashamed of yourselves. You are both delighted at seeing the suffering of other blacks and find it easy to poke fun of, but as I SAID God don't like ugly and some of the problems central and west Africans faced and CONTINUE to face are DIRECT results of the slave trade, you're not invincible hunny and there's a blasted reason why YOU speak English, you were enslaved on your OWN land.

Who told you my views were to entertain? Shut the fu ck up if you cant read properly, thats not my problem if you cant understand simple english. What is entertaining? I aint no comedian, let me tell yah.

What a silly comparison, so, you blame the present day Africans for selling your fore fathers to slavery? What a laughable thing to say, or way to think. Look, noone supported slavery, and that is why in all the period of apartheid rule in South Africa, it was the African countries who saw them as brothers and fought tooth and nail to abolish the evil practice. So, stop blaming anyone for the past, it is past and gone, but then, dont see Africans and Africa as the source of your slavery.

What they teach you in America about slavery is wrong, they teach you that the Africans sold their brothers and sisters to slavery, God forgive those who teach that kind of crap, nope, the white people came with force, just like you wrote in your paragraph, with nets, force and all that. In Africa, we care for each other, unlike in America where the black man hates one another, so, come one, noone sold anyone to slavery, the white man came with and by force.

Visit Africa, visit the slave routes, visit the museums, see the chains, see the whips, see the tears, and you will know what we are talking about. And to see all that and begin to see Africa as the source of your problem is nothing but malacious deouch.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ezeagu(m): 3:47am On Oct 18, 2010
LouisThoru:

America is full of slaves. LOL, including sons and daughters of slaves. LOL

Any black person who sees America as home and looks down on Africa, and the African people, or the black person in diaspora, must be reminded who he or she is, a slave son or daughter, beaten and battered, seperated, hated, looked down upon and fed the white man's remnants, that person needs his head examined and his or her butt hole fried with pepper until he or she sees reality.

Any black man, outside AFRICA, REMAINS NOTHING BUT A SLAVE AND THE PRODUCT OF SLAVERY.

[size=18pt]MUMU FOR REAL! FOOOOOOOOL[/size]
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 3:50am On Oct 18, 2010
Ezeagu.

By your name, i suppose you are African, so i have no word for you. Keep living an illusory life.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 3:51am On Oct 18, 2010
MandingoII:

man do you people EVER ENJOY YOUR LIVES?

Good Lord.

Just non stop back and forth bitterness.

I'm glad I'm not Nigerian, U people are wayyy to Serious and mean-spirited for my likes. wink

I like LIVING!!!!!

you might as well start now.

what you waiting for?

Oh yeah, thank God you are not a Nigerian. We know ourselves.

LOL.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 3:56am On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin

We see the lots of the Jamaican heritage who hates everything African, they even beleive they are "better" then the native Africans, they speak it boldly, i hate Africans, can you imagine?

You know what Africans think about Jamaicans and why they are trouble? They say, the white man dumped all naughty slaves on the island of Jamaica, thats why everything bad happens in Jamaica, you dig me?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ezeagu(m): 3:57am On Oct 18, 2010
LouisThoru:

Ezeagu.

By your name, i suppose you are African, so i have no word for you. Keep living an illusory life.

What is that supposed to mean? Is it only Black Americans that have been slaves? Have you heard of Lagos Ex-Brazilian slaves? Have you heard of the Saros? Have you heard of the indentured servants of Calabar? And you have the nerve to say "We know ourselves"?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 3:57am On Oct 18, 2010
We know ourselves  

yeah, and so does the WORLD.

let me sum it up for you.

RICH in resources, dirt poor country.

Why

the government and lazy people.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 3:58am On Oct 18, 2010
ezeagu:

What is that supposed to mean? Is it only Black Americans that have been slaves? Have you heard of Lagos Ex-Brazilian slaves? Have you heard of the Saros? Have you heard of the indentured servants of Calabar? And you have the nerve to say "We know ourselves"?

You are surely a p rick. You lack understanding. What is the relationship of this your write up to my own that you are quarrelling about?

What is it?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 4:00am On Oct 18, 2010
MandingoII:

yeah, and so does the WORLD.

let me sum it up for you.

RICH in resources, dirt poor country.

Why

the government and lazy people.

and America is heaven? hahaha.

Wait till the white boys tell you who you realy are.

In Russia, when they see a black man, they go buy a banana and begin to eat or throw at him. Thats what they should be doing in America for people like you to keep quiet.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ezeagu(m): 4:03am On Oct 18, 2010
LouisThoru:

You are surely a p rick. You lack understanding. What is the relationship of this your write up to my own that you are quarrelling about?

What is it?

Ishi kom-kom, nothing in the brain that is why you'll let your mouth run like the Niger because you think you're smart. How can we be talking about slaves, I mention slaves, and you're asking me what the relation is with the stupiiiiid rubbish you posted on the last page. Are you going through some issues or are you just plain ignorant?

In fact, you are not Nigerian, yes, I know it.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 4:08am On Oct 18, 2010
Eze abata.

I said we know ourselves, in answer to Madingo's assertion that he is glad that he is not Nigerian, so i meant Nigerians know themselves. so, how is the answer you gave about slaves in other places related to that?

Mr EzeAbata?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 4:17am On Oct 18, 2010
and America is heaven? hahaha.

Wait till the white boys tell you who you realy are.

In Russia, when they see a black man, they go buy a banana and begin to eat or throw at him. Thats what they should be doing in America for people like you to keep quiet.

Aint sh!t in Russia

who wants to go there
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 4:21am On Oct 18, 2010
Mandingo,

Please try to visit Africa, and get a first hand experience.

Ghana is next door to Nigeria, loads and loads of Americans come to ghana daily, try, it, you will be pleased you did.

But if you dont stop dissing Africa and Africans, do you know i can use black magic right now, to make your p enis rise up, turn left, turn right, bend down and remain bent down forever?

Akiuh elo mu na giri pa de ritimi oloe retu la mankiti kolopa pe nis!

I just did an incantation saying, there is no more booty call for you until you repent.

Look at your p enis right now, and see what is happening to it. Thats the power of black magic.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 4:26am On Oct 18, 2010
But if you dont stop dissing Africa and Africans, do you know i can use black magic right now, to make your p enis rise up, turn left, turn right, bend down and remain bent down forever?

come over wink

let me see you do it tongue

I can go for another round today grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@Cap[/b], let me correct you, NOT ONLY was Mr. Lumumba shot, he was then quartered and then diced, THEN those remains were soaked in acid, to this day there's only ONE remnant of Mr. Lumumba which is a tooth taken from the scene and is currently owned by a white former journalist in Belgium or London. Mr. Lumumba is one of my heros and I read soo many book about him NEVER once have i read a book or watched a documentary about his life and not cried. I cry like a baby. Not because of the actual way he met his death but because he DIED for his people and yet ppl like Mandingo take his sacrifice for a damn joke. Mandingo needs to change his NAME now, he's not worthy.

thanks for that Mz Darkskin, the story behind Lumumba's murder is a very tragic one indeed and Im glad you are familiar with the details, there are many of our people who do not even know who he was and what he stood for, if you fail to educate yourself about your history you continue to swim in a sea of ignorance. Thanks again for being the voice of reason and intelligence
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2010
ochungal:

Tensor777" "Real underlying" reasons? Jihad? grin grin I don't deal in terrorism!

I am a woman of compassion, its that plain and simple. My discomfort started early in life. It began when I first saw the commercials for Feed The Children. I was upset to see children with protruding bellies, and flies pitching on them all because they were orphans, dirt poor and HUNGRY.
Well I see where you are coming from to a tiny extent. As a black person those kind of pictures must make you squirm with embarassment. However those images and the condition of the orphans is no excuse to advocate extermination or sterilisation. We are all humans at the end of the day and what's more you cannot conclude that a person would not be able to better their lot in life. Some of those kids you saw may have in fact become highly responsible and productive citizens.

On a related point I notice you and some others on this forum have been having a go at African Americans for their perceived prejudice towards other blacks. But this negative impression of Africa and Africans where do you think it comes from? From their travels to Africa and the Carribean,[Don't make me laugh] or in fact from television especially the dumbed down simplistic US TV networks. We ALL need to be very very careful as to what images we view and the information we receive and believe from the mass media.

So in that way I can see you have also have a negative reaction to the images you view on TV about Africa,  Only you are taking it far beyond the level of childish playground taunts to something far more sinister. embarassed
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2010
This whole thread is garbage. There's so much misinformation and imbecilic reasoning here my head would explode if I were to attempt to refute it all. Why bother, sad
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^LMFAO! Why dont you try? enlighten us please.

@Cap no problem. Thank you too for being one OF the few black men I have come across who've allowed me to keep faith. Some times I want to give up. undecided

Who told you my views were to entertain? Shut the fu ck up if you cant read properly, thats not my problem if you cant understand simple english. What is entertaining? I aint no comedian, let me tell yah.

What a silly comparison, so, you blame the present day Africans for selling your fore fathers to slavery? What a laughable thing to say, or way to think. Look, noone supported slavery, and that is why in all the period of apartheid rule in South Africa, it was the African countries who saw them as brothers and fought tooth and nail to abolish the evil practice. So, stop blaming anyone for the past, it is past and gone, but then, dont see Africans and Africa as the source of your slavery.

What they teach you in America about slavery is wrong, they teach you that the Africans sold their brothers and sisters to slavery, God forgive those who teach that kind of crap, nope, the white people came with force, just like you wrote in your paragraph, with nets, force and all that. In Africa, we care for each other, unlike in America where the black man hates one another, so, come one, noone sold anyone to slavery, the white man came with and by force.

Visit Africa, visit the slave routes, visit the museums, see the chains, see the whips, see the tears, and you will know what we are talking about. And to see all that and begin to see Africa as the source of your problem is nothing but malacious deouch.

@Louis: OK, listen I'm not even gonna go there with the name calling but dont EVEN try to use ignorant Jamaicans to justify your "LOLs". I am the RIGHT one for you to come with that bull. Just like there ARE Africans who believe I should pay them homage for not being born there and woman I have been told that; that I should or it is my DUTY as a black person to pay homage to and even invest in Africa. Ok? so dont come to me with that schitt. Some Jamaicans try with Africans get a bitter taste of attitude and give up and vice versa and others are adult to know SOME is NOT the equivalent to ALL.

You talk about not being able to read but let me ask you, you see any where in my words that I blamed present day Africans for slavery? If I hated or blamed Africans would I be obsessed with Africa and Africans? Would I be dating a man from Cameroon? So wtf does some ignorant Jamaicans have to do with me or anyother educated Jamaican for that matter? I mean really its the attitude of some of you all and SOME OF US that makes me believe the sell outs haven't gone anywhere which I made CLEAR while dealing with Mandingo (who clearly avoids me to talks bull to you all because he wants you to believe all of us slave descendants hate Africans and I am supposed to be one, but Im not I educated myself and make use of it) hense I made a reference to the nets. Nets being thrown by Africans is VERY accurate, white men during those times rarely ventured inland therefore they relied on the physical stregnth and geographical knowledge of some natives to get their human cargo.

And you are right, we Jamaicans went on and off the ship fighting because we dont take bullschitt, that is why we were isolated on the island and EVERY African who lived to see Jamaica was meant to be there so I say THANK GOD for them, because THEY made me. So I wont take schitt either.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpiah: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
Mandingo (who clearly avoids me to talks bull to you

na today?
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2010
tpiah you lost me there buddy. I am praying that is an expression and you are not referring to my arch nemesis N2D lol.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by LouisThoru(f): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin

I have black magic, if I use it on you and your Cameroonian friend, right now. he will be looking around to sleep with your sister, do you want me to send some incantations to him?

Aduki lopi kiolk gret onola polj jus nuer heri ko la mamama nio.

Mz, from my black magic, i am seeing some things about you. hmmmm, hmmmmm, the future is not bright with your boyfriend, hmmmmm. He cheats on you. hmmmmm I cant say all i see in my ball here.

I see you have several weaknesses:

You like Black Men who are dark skin, hmmmm.

Bella, i can tell you more about yourself.

You live somewhere around Vineland, Ne Jersey? hmmm, you are 22 years old?

waittttttt. wow. I see more.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by paddylo1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2010
America is full of slaves. LOL, including sons and daughters of slaves. LOL

Any black person who sees America as home and looks down on Africa, and the African people, or the black person in diaspora, must be reminded who he or she is, a slave son or daughter, beaten and battered, seperated, hated, looked down upon and fed the white man's remnants, that person needs his head examined and his or her butt hole fried with pepper until he or she sees reality.

Any black man, outside AFRICA, REMAINS NOTHING BUT A SLAVE AND THE PRODUCT OF SLAVERY.

Preach on sister. . .
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2010
PhysicsMHD:

This whole thread is garbage. There's so much misinformation and imbecilic reasoning here my head would explode if I were to attempt to refute it all. Why bother, sad

is that right? - Oh dear wise one please be so kind as to give us an insight into your erudite mind - we await your words of wisdom with bated breath!!!
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by cap28: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@Cap no problem. Thank you too for being one OF the few black men I have come across who've allowed me to keep faith. Some times I want to give up. undecided

Dont give up girl there are still some of us left who understand the deal - stay strong and dont compromise what you believe in.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by MandingoII(m): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2010
cap 28
you still my UK NIGGA.

Even though you REFUSE to talk about how WHITEY is kicking THE BLACKS collectives arses in the U.K.

I guess you just grateful to be there - all second/third class citizenship and all cheesy
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2010
Tensor777: Thanks to said TV I knew from age 8 that children are out in the world starving. It made me know that I had to be proactive towards poverty whenever I have money to give and time to spare. Don't feel bad poverty is world wide and mass media shows not only Africas poor but the ones in Central America, Carribbean, Asia and the former soviet states , even the ones living in West Virginia (Appalacian mountains). I've spent enough on school fees to earn my degrees, so I'm a certified Free Thinker. Life experiences are lessons learned. So, any negatives (3) posters made about Black Americans is because we've been victims of it and bare witness to it. I'm certain others will do the same over time on this site. BTW: The Black American male didn't refute the comments. In fact, they started due to his remarks  grin grin grin. Which CAP took to task, haven't seen the fellow since. grin

I notice there's a tone of insinuations. So, no need to continue; We are ALL entitled to our own views. You have yours, I have mines.  Nice chatting with you.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 12:09am On Oct 19, 2010
oops, Mandingo thought you were away grin grin grin Guess not!

oh boy! Don't forget we're just visitors. Behave yu self.
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 12:29am On Oct 19, 2010
LouisTh: What have Jamaicans done to you personally?

There are quite a few Nigerians & Ghanans living in Jamaica. Currently, we have two huge case on two Nigerians. One  was running a visa/passport ring, and another awaiting deportation due to criminal activities and Immigration fraud. But there has NEVER been a case of anyone mistreating any African resident or visitor to the Island. The US is a different story. Many try to stay away from being sterotyped and others fall right into it.

We do pride ourself on being a contancarous Island nation, can't help it that our ancestors had to slaughter the oppressors in order to gain freedom. We are well aware of the fact that freedom came with a price. The price is economic unstability. Hey, at least we have an Island for ourselves and its a true melting pot "out of many,one people".

MzDarkskn: yu nu tired yet?  grin grin
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by tpiah: 12:57am On Oct 19, 2010
@ mzdarkskin

na today is a nigerian expression meaning "typical"
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 19, 2010
^ok thanks.

@Ochungal Louis a gwan wid ar foo foo sittin a talk bout Obeah. A wa du ar? She a drink mad puss piss tu rahtid! angry She a gwan like seh mi a goat, mi nuh nyam grass!

@Louis. My future does not look bright? someone need a little visine? ALL of that info is located on my myspace AND youtube pages, Nice TRY! As for my Cameroonian bf i think my LOCATION informed you well enough that he existed. And if he does cheat on me so what? He's ok so long as I dont find out  wink
Re: Why Is America So Blessed? by ochungal(f): 2:54am On Oct 19, 2010
MzDrkskn: grin grin People whey play wid fiha usually get burn, har obeah nu good. My girl need windex fi har glass ball grin If i-en real crystal she woulda see betta!

Look like yu need fi secure you online info. Why would a woman go out a har way fi fin yu info? Only online manroyals tongue do that stuff.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University Destroyed By Angry Villagers / Tribunal Grants Ize-iyamu And PDP Order To Inspect Election Materials / President Buhari Receives President Museveni Of Uganda At The State House (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.