Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi (6448 Views)

Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering / No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme / 3 Of The 5 Bank Chiefs Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by wupac(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
My people make you no let this people play you any how,they know how they treat their Bleep-up if their is need for it and latter show it to us as if they are working serious.

The real thief are their watching news and also reading News paper with them at their Club houses or their usually Joint laughing at us with the way we responded to the news of their treated Bleep-up colleagues.

As for me,am not moved atall with the ''act film'',that we called news.(Someone that should be jail for like minimum of 20yrs with hard labour including all her partners in crime also be stripe up of all their properties because it not possible for just one person to commit this kind of fraud without either Internal or External support angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.With this masses we know that YOU are really working
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by anonimi: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2010
long overdue. smart robbers in sharp suits should go and eat some beans and gari in prison also.
they have deprived our economy of growth and jobs by not lending to the real sector small and medium scale entrepreneurs while doling out cash to those who have no intention of paying as dem dey do big boy for lagos shocked
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by martinosi: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Go jump in a river

U NEED TO STOP BEING NIEVE AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES,

HAS ANYONE REALLY READ THE CHARGES AGAINST THIS WOMEN VERY WELL?

AND CANT U SEE THE CROSS-HOLDING OF ASSESTS AGAINST HER NAME,

DONT U FOOLS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS AND ASSETS

AND DONT U FOOLS KNOW THAT ITS AN OPEN FACT IN THE CITY OF LONDON
THAT ALL THESE NIGERIAN BANKERS ALL HAVE LOOT IN THE FORM OF SIV (SPECIAL INVESTMENT VEHICLES)
STORED AWAY IN LONDONS FINANCIAL DISTRICT

SHE IS GUILTY BUT BOY SHE IS TRULLY THE PATSEY HERE!!! THE ORIGINAL NIGERIAN BANKING CROOKS
ARE WALKING AROUND AS FREE AS BIRDS LAUGHING AT ALL OF U VENTING YOUR ANGER @ THIS LADY!!!
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by martinosi: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
bankylan:

It is very saddening that most Nigerians and even many Nairalanders are ill-informed and lack depth about the happenings in the banking Industry. I work in a Financial organization, and I am a Risk analyst; I will like to say that Sanusi has done more harm than good to the banking industry in Nigeria. I read about the judgement, and I have been following Sanusi utterances lately, and it is very disgracing that the person heading our CBN lacks intellectual depth, The CEOs were alleged to have given out loans above limits? Can point to any CEO in of the bank who is not guilty of this. When Sanusi was in First bank as the head of risk management, were loans not given out without due dilligence? If BOFIA should be followed in details Sanusi should be in jail too now, The point is that, in Business, there atimes that business exigencies will allow some rules to be flouted, but later you have to regularise. Even in America, big and well manged banks failed, and the govenment was able to manage the whole affair. Sanusi displayed a lot of impunity, and what I will call ' radical' and unintelligent approah to solving the issues that happened with the banks. I never said the CEOs dont have their faults, but Sanusi should have given them time to regularise their books like he gave to other banks. Thats why, the feelings that the whole issue has political and ethnic undertone has not been diffused. To make the matter worse, virtually all the people that Sanusi brought into these banks are people who once managed failed banks in Nigeria, once sacked due to inefficiency and fraud, We all know what is going on in Union bank and spring bank now, It is a game plan, But, my concern is the majority of Nigerians that are cursing Ibru for instance,  We have to be very careful, No depositor has gone to Oceanic bank and could not withdraw his money, Yes, she did something wrong, but it is not for us to curse her. At least, she employed some people, How about the politicians that have taken away all our money and did nothing to create jobs, She started Oceanic bank when nobody gave her a chance, I can only castigate her, if I am able to do something in Nigeria to ease umemployment, By the time we realise, the damage Sanusi has done to Nigerian economy, we will all cry, As far as I am concerned, a FIRST CLASS in Islamic studies does not make you a brilliant banker in today's dynamic banking industry, It is still the case of cows rulling over men, It is a big shame on all of us that men have started reasoning like cows.

THANK GOD! SOMEBODY IS POSTING WITH HIS HEAD SCREWED ON!

THERE IS NO BIG SMOKE (HER FRAUD CASE) WITHOUT A BIG FIRE (THE REAL PROBLEM WHICH NO ONE WANTS
TO TACKLE) UNDERNEATH!

THIS ISSUE IS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS!
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by loma(m): 3:46am On Oct 15, 2010
bankylan:

It is very saddening that most Nigerians and even many Nairalanders are ill-informed and lack depth about the happenings in the banking Industry. I work in a Financial organization, and I am a Risk analyst; I will like to say that Sanusi has done more harm than good to the banking industry in Nigeria. I read about the judgement, and I have been following Sanusi utterances lately, and it is very disgracing that the person heading our CBN lacks intellectual depth, The CEOs were alleged to have given out loans above limits? Can point to any CEO in of the bank who is not guilty of this. When Sanusi was in First bank as the head of risk management, were loans not given out without due dilligence? If BOFIA should be followed in details Sanusi should be in jail too now, The point is that, in Business, there atimes that business exigencies will allow some rules to be flouted, but later you have to regularise. Even in America, big and well manged banks failed, and the govenment was able to manage the whole affair. Sanusi displayed a lot of impunity, and what I will call ' radical' and unintelligent approah to solving the issues that happened with the banks. I never said the CEOs dont have their faults, but Sanusi should have given them time to regularise their books like he gave to other banks. Thats why, the feelings that the whole issue has political and ethnic undertone has not been diffused. To make the matter worse, virtually all the people that Sanusi brought into these banks are people who once managed failed banks in Nigeria, once sacked due to inefficiency and fraud, We all know what is going on in Union bank and spring bank now, It is a game plan, But, my concern is the majority of Nigerians that are cursing Ibru for instance, We have to be very careful, No depositor has gone to Oceanic bank and could not withdraw his money, Yes, she did something wrong, but it is not for us to curse her. At least, she employed some people, How about the politicians that have taken away all our money and did nothing to create jobs, She started Oceanic bank when nobody gave her a chance, I can only castigate her, if I am able to do something in Nigeria to ease umemployment, By the time we realise, the damage Sanusi has done to Nigerian economy, we will all cry, As far as I am concerned, a FIRST CLASS in Islamic studies does not make you a brilliant banker in today's dynamic banking industry, It is still the case of cows rulling over men, It is a big shame on all of us that men have started reasoning like cows.

Without taking any sides for or against Sanusi, I pity the financial institution you work for, if this is your attempt at logical reasoning!
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by seyibrown(f): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
Somebody really thinks that we should wait till we can't withdraw our cash from the bank before taking action?  shocked Whatever happened to prevention being better than cure? I'd rather have stolen (illegally borrowed -  cheesy) money recovered before it reaches the stage of the ATM telling me stories than fight to get my money under any CBN 'guarantee'!

Don't steal money if you don't wanna get caught and shamed! It's as simple as ABC!
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by tomialph(m): 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
this sanusi of a guy is better off rearing cattles in katsina
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by orangemen: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2010
is six months what sanusi and the pdp criminals are calling jail? if that is the punishment for stealing billion of naira, then we shld be ashame of this useless place called nigeria.
Re: More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi by myhome10(f): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2010
it seves them right
hungry & jobless ppl are roaming on the streets
yet they want to acquire wealth only for themselves.
cant you just set up a business , that will yield income for you & stop there?
if you really want to think retirement

I think Tony Elumelu should be probed also
hes a very smart thief

Meanwhile what happened to ex governors too
has their own prosecution stopped?

incumbent too should be given a spot check

and this EFCC guy that did a fantastic job Ribadu
ever since he left, no updates again from EFCC
we hate intergrity & justice

Nigerians, we really need to wake up
corruption should stop from ourselves first

visit other countries,
at their airports & borders
you need to see how You will be checked once they know u are a nigerian
we have been tagged ''the most corrupt country''
i wonder how we intend to redeem that

its quite sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zain Is Now Airtel! / Nigerians Can't Have Free Potable Water- Minister / JAMB Form Exposes APC Governorship Aspirant’s Akinwunmi Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.