Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police (20490 Views)

Edo Decides: PDP Say Police Officers Are Supporting APC To Snatch Ballot Boxes / Our Officers At Nunieh's Residence On Legitimate Duty, Say Police / Kehinde Fasoranti: How Funke Olakunrin, My Sister, Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by doris00: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
The Ondo State Police Command on Monday disclosed that it had made a number of arrests on the killing of Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, the daughter of the leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti.

The police reiterated that its men were still in the forest, in the local government in search of the hoodlums.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the command would not relent until the perpetrators were apprehended and brought to book.

He said, “We have made a lot of arrests on this matter, but we are doing the screening of those arrested to know who among them are the culprits.

“By the time we finish the screening, we will let the world know the perpetrators.”

On the number of the those arrested, Joseph said he would not be able to disclose the number for security reasons but said, “As I said a number of people have been arrested and when it is time we shall parade the suspects.”

In the same vein, the Secretary-General of the Yoruba Council of Elders, Dr Kunle Olajide, said South West governors should be blamed more for the attacks by herdsmen in the region than the Federal Government alone.

Olajide, in a chat with journalists during his condolence visit to Pa Fasoranti in Akure, said state governors ought to have taken drastic action against open grazing.

Olajide said, “This is an unfortunate incident, it is a poison arrow to the Yoruba nation and I have listened to some of our leaders who have been here and I want you to know that most of the comments are mere platitudes, some of them are grossly insensitive and honestly offend human sensitivity.

“For me, there is much to this, it is a killing too many, this is a direct assault on the Yoruba nation and to the sensitivity of our people. It shows they have clearly taken us for granted and this has to stop but I’m quite uncomfortable because most of the time we lay the blame at the doorsteps of the Federal Government but I want to say that more is at the doorsteps of our state governors.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/fasoranti-made-arrests-say-police/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by thesicilian: 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
The question is, did you arrest the right persons?

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by leofab(f): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
My heart felt sympathy to the innocent souls they will use to fill in for this.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by kernniejay(m): 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
Had it been this is how our police people usually swing to action in a swift manner and fish out perpetrators whenever such heinous act occur, crime rate wouldn't have gone this far. It seems some lives are more valuable than others in Nigeria.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by vikithor(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
we have made some arrest
who did you arrest
what were the reason you arrested those people
how much will you extort from the innocents before freeing them
when will you begin proactive steps In foiling crimes sich as this by gathering security intelligence before hand.
despite all your efforts, we know your motives

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Andhominem: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
We are watching... angry
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by legitnow: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
VERY LIKELY AN ARRANGED ARREST

22 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Amuocha: 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Lies

Pix of the men in forest or i dont believe angry

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by momodub: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hope not innocent people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by starbuck(f): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
They have arrested innocent people ooooo cry cry cry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by BE811APP: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Innocent people must have been apprehended while the main killers are out there. undecided undecided undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by PrinceKevin01: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
grin grin grin
The Nigerian Police has spoken

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to to chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Iamgrey5(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
I swear Nigeria is a country for clowns

Did he just say that they are doing screening of those arrested. cheesy

Meaning they just arrested anyone at random and branded them suspects

I am sure they must have beaten someone's son to stupor for no reason in all these.

9 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by tammie24: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
This people think we are fools

Arrest innocent people and tag them the killers
Later release them

This is the very last straw

I know the Muslims among my Yoruba people will agree with them

When we separate from this northern parasites they can go with them

Iranu!

8 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by mytime24(f): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Sorry
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Rollins777(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Na arrangee arrest ohhh, why Nigeria? What has we become? Nigeria don tear.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Praktikals(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Association of children of hate will not like this.

3 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Believe the zoo police at your own security risk undecided

9 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by obembet(f): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
It doesn't solve the problem.. Una go still release them. Medicine after death.

https://www.nairaland.com/5301290/under-influence-alcohol-what-craziest
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Hotzone(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good work my people
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
cheesy.... Abeg ! Why Abba kyari undecided

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by icedbreez(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
[/b]He said, “We have made a lot of arrests on this matter, but we are doing the screening of those arrested to know who among them are the culprits"

[b]Screening
? Nigerian Police and "indiscriminate arrest" 5&6.

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by MoneyMan5: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
I hope it is not Innocents people you Police are going to parade as the perpetrators

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by biosilicon: 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
but what of all the other people that have experienced the same thing. are those ones not humans?

2 Likes

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Zombiekiller010: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yahoo yahoo arrest, arrest of innocent people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by anyimontana(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Na so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: Ndume Rejects Lawan, Says It’s Turn Of The South / 2015: Jonathan Vows To Crack Down On Troublemakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.