Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police (20494 Views)

Edo Decides: PDP Say Police Officers Are Supporting APC To Snatch Ballot Boxes / Our Officers At Nunieh's Residence On Legitimate Duty, Say Police / Kehinde Fasoranti: How Funke Olakunrin, My Sister, Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by donprinyo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Typical of aboki police
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by advocate666: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
I remember the day police arrested me for walking without purpose.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by chingymingy: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
doris00:
The Ondo State Police Command on Monday disclosed that it had made a number of arrests on the killing of Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, the daughter of the leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti.

The police reiterated that its men were still in the forest, in the local government in search of the hoodlums.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the command would not relent until the perpetrators were apprehended and brought to book.

He said, “We have made a lot of arrests on this matter, but we are doing the screening of those arrested to know who among them are the culprits.

“By the time we finish the screening, we will let the world know the perpetrators.”

On the number of the those arrested, Joseph said he would not be able to disclose the number for security reasons but said, “As I said a number of people have been arrested and when it is time we shall parade the suspects.”

In the same vein, the Secretary-General of the Yoruba Council of Elders, Dr Kunle Olajide, said South West governors should be blamed more for the attacks by herdsmen in the region than the Federal Government alone.

Olajide, in a chat with journalists during his condolence visit to Pa Fasoranti in Akure, said state governors ought to have taken drastic action against open grazing.

Olajide said, “This is an unfortunate incident, it is a poison arrow to the Yoruba nation and I have listened to some of our leaders who have been here and I want you to know that most of the comments are mere platitudes, some of them are grossly insensitive and honestly offend human sensitivity.

“For me, there is much to this, it is a killing too many, this is a direct assault on the Yoruba nation and to the sensitivity of our people. It shows they have clearly taken us for granted and this has to stop but I’m quite uncomfortable because most of the time we lay the blame at the doorsteps of the Federal Government but I want to say that more is at the doorsteps of our state governors.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/fasoranti-made-arrests-say-police/

Abegi Naija police no start with this una regular comedy cheesy . you've made arrest of who na? Same ways you arrest innocent citizens and crucify them for other peoples sins. #SHAME
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Sunny978(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
All this while, they cud arrest suspects that commit such crime on that road.. But dis was d perfect time 2 strike..hmm..do day really tink dey wud catch dis people. Well. Dis is naija
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Religion6: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
leofab:
My heart felt sympathy to the innocent soul they will use to fill in for this.
You're very intelligent. They might use other tribes than Fulani tribe. This issue might be politicised and tribalised

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by CrestMan: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
Same script! smiley
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by prigoz(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Believe NPF at your own peril
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by sunkoye: 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
This guys just park people for street. No be NPF again Ni....
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
thesicilian:
The question is, did you arrest the right persons?

Already trying to spin an excuse should the perpetrators turn out to be not the ones many of you want to pin the blame on - by hook or by crook.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by greenguy: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ...I sorry for the poor innocent heads that will roll on this matter. Even those that don't know where Ore is. Nigerian Police is working hard... cheesy
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Basketmouth2019: 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
E sure me die say na innocent people they gather arrest.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
The police won't dare to arrest the criminal herdsmen since they (herdsmen and police both) are working under instructions from northern politicians. They will only round up unemployed, innocent Yoruba youth who have no rich sponsors to plead their cases.

In a related development, Nairaland has been taken over by agents of the Nigerian government. Don't ask me how I know.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2019
na innocent ppl dem go parade.just watch and see.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Nchenches: 9:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
doris00:
The Ondo State Police Command on Monday disclosed that it had made a number of arrests on the killing of Mrs. Funke Olakunrin, the daughter of the leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Pa Reuben Fasoranti.

The police reiterated that its men were still in the forest, in the local government in search of the hoodlums.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the command would not relent until the perpetrators were apprehended and brought to book.

He said, “We have made a lot of arrests on this matter, but we are doing the screening of those arrested to know who among them are the culprits.

“By the time we finish the screening, we will let the world know the perpetrators.”

On the number of the those arrested, Joseph said he would not be able to disclose the number for security reasons but said, “As I said a number of people have been arrested and when it is time we shall parade the suspects.”

In the same vein, the Secretary-General of the Yoruba Council of Elders, Dr Kunle Olajide, said South West governors should be blamed more for the attacks by herdsmen in the region than the Federal Government alone.

Olajide, in a chat with journalists during his condolence visit to Pa Fasoranti in Akure, said state governors ought to have taken drastic action against open grazing.

Olajide said, “This is an unfortunate incident, it is a poison arrow to the Yoruba nation and I have listened to some of our leaders who have been here and I want you to know that most of the comments are mere platitudes, some of them are grossly insensitive and honestly offend human sensitivity.

“For me, there is much to this, it is a killing too many, this is a direct assault on the Yoruba nation and to the sensitivity of our people. It shows they have clearly taken us for granted and this has to stop but I’m quite uncomfortable because most of the time we lay the blame at the doorsteps of the Federal Government but I want to say that more is at the doorsteps of our state governors.”

Yoruba nation?

Sovereign Yoruba nation (not Yoruba nation still in Nigeria), is the only method to spare Yoruba nation from attack by Fulani or foreign herdsmen.

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by babeosisi: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
Some unfortunate agberos will pay
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by obama30: 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
doris00:

My friend is not new for police to frame to cover weakness, who know innocent person this bad luck befall God save your children's, Nigeria should reject the our come if the killer is not the tribe the woman driver that witness the incident mentioned. Many has gone in this nation and police never do anything.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Some ppl may quite likely have to eat their words when the identities of the perpetrators are finally disclosed.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by Inspectorsuga22(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
starbuck:
They have arrested innocent people ooooo cry cry cry

They will now torture them till dey admit to wat dey know nothing abt while the real criminals walk freely n fu¢king thier cows....I just hate this country

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by davillian(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
kernniejay:
Had it been this is how our police people usually swing to action in a swift manner and fish out perpetrators whenever such heinous act occur, crime rate wouldn't have gone this far. It seems some lives are more valuable than others in Nigeria.
Baba no stress yourself
They just raid people , threaten them to confess or die.
Then end up writing a statement for them and ask them to sign.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by holuphisayor(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
What sort of findings led to this arrest?
Nigerian police and it's random madness
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by chizzyreal: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
leofab:
My heart felt sympathy to the innocent soul they will use to fill in for this.

grin grin. I'm telling you brother
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Police ke made some arrest...please which of the police, cos the Nigerian police I know will just go and catch done street boys they hv paid to act funny on screen..
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by lonelydora: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
doris00:

I don't trust Nigerian police. They might have brought out condemned criminals to admit to the crime
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by chizzyreal: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rollins777:
Na arrangee arrest ohhh, why Nigeria? What has we become? Nigeria don tear.

What has we done?? angry

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by AnanseK(m): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
advocate666:
I remember the day police arrested me for walking without purpose.

They have a point there. Loitering is an offense
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by danhans(m): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Story because there is tension everywhere
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by nicepoker101(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Screening after arrest. grin what a useless country
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by greensandy: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
Police arrested criminals, senseless youths complain.
Police didn't arrest criminals, they still complain.
What exactly do you want?

1 Like

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by NextBuhari: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
They may even end up arresting innocent people in viewing centers.
Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by mrmannothot: 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Made arrest indeed, maybe cuz she na high profile Nigerian daughter cuz if na ordinary Nigerian we for don forget this matter, smh

Re: Fasoranti: We Have Made Arrests, Say Police by chukwuibuipob: 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
angry sad angry angry sad grin sad angry angry angry free those peepz and enta forest go arrest those fulani TERRORISTS. BAZTARDS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military, DSS, Others Comb Hotspots In FCT, Nab Terrorists, Informants / Biafra Is Dead – Says Chief Amadi. / Chatham House: INEC Failed To Apply The Lessons It Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.