Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus (1744 Views)

Infinix Hot S5 With Snapdragon 855 Is Coming / Xiaomi Mi 9 Launched With Snapdragon 855 Processor, 48MP Camera / Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by OVA200(m): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Qualcomm has refreshed the Snapdragon 855.
The new version is dubbed Snapdragon 855 Plus and offers two main differences. The first one is that the single Kryo 485 Gold core is clocked at 2.96GHz instead of 2.84GHz. The second difference is that the Adreno 640 GPU is clocked at 672MHz instead of 585MHz. All the rest is the same. Qualcomm sums it up saying the new SoC offers "15% faster graphics rendering and an uplift in CPU performance." The new mobile platform supports the Snapdragon Elite Gaming suite of hardware and software features that are optimized for gaming. Gaming becomes ultra-responsive through AI, while visuals and sound are greatly improved via the true HDR support and premium audio with real-time surround sound thanks to the Qualcomm aptX Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic audio technologies.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-855-plus-mobile-platform

dragnet
puskin

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by Cozbymaster97(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2019
Snapdragon leads
Mediatek follows
Huawei kirin lags behind!!
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Cozbymaster97:
Snapdragon leads
Mediatek follows
Huawei kirin lags behind!!
lol...what are u saying..kirin is above mediatek.
Here is how its supposed to be
Snapdragon
Exynos
Kirin
mediatek
Spetrum

3 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:46am On Jul 16, 2019
OVA200:
Qualcomm has refreshed the Snapdragon 855.
The new version is dubbed Snapdragon 855 Plus and offers two main differences. The first one is that the single Kryo 485 Gold core is clocked at 2.96GHz instead of 2.84GHz. The second difference is that the Adreno 640 GPU is clocked at 672MHz instead of 585MHz. All the rest is the same. Qualcomm sums it up saying the new SoC offers "15% faster graphics rendering and an uplift in CPU performance." The new mobile platform supports the Snapdragon Elite Gaming suite of hardware and software features that are optimized for gaming. Gaming becomes ultra-responsive through AI, while visuals and sound are greatly improved via the true HDR support and premium audio with real-time surround sound thanks to the Qualcomm aptX Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic audio technologies.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-855-plus-mobile-platform

dragnet
puskin
this is game on for Samsung's latest exynos chipset..more competion is good for us
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by Bet9jaVirtual: 3:34am On Jul 16, 2019
The world is getting Technologically advanced.
I remember when I used Space Impact game in 3310 to shine Anita’s Congo.

Now if no be the latest IPhone, she no go reason your matter

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
this is game on for Samsung's latest exynos chipset..more competion is good for us

This 855+ is going to be in the note 10
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by Cozbymaster97(m): 6:34am On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
Snapdragon
Exynos
Kirin
mediatek
Spetrum
Only Huawei devices uses kirin Soc na.
The latest Mediatek chip is more faster that that of kirin.. research and see.
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by SilasNwude: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
Snapdragon
Exynos
Kirin
mediatek
Spetrum
I'll choose exynos over snapdragon

1 Like

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
SilasNwude:
they are almost on par..just that the snapdragon edges a little over the exynos in multi core performance
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
Cozbymaster97:

Only Huawei devices uses kirin Soc na.
The latest Mediatek chip is more faster that that of kirin.. research and see.
what latest mediatek..educate me...
Cos mediatek's flagahip series are the helio X series and they're on hold..only the helio p series are only ones being used now and they are all midrange chipset..
Huawei recently launched the kirin 810 that outperformed the snapdragon 855 flagship chip set...
Lol..there is no mediatek chipset with power equivalent to the kirin 980 even ..talk less of the kirin 810..

Snapdragon know that both huawei and samsung are trying to overtake them cos the latest exynos and kirin kinda outperformed the SD 855,so they up their game by laughing the SD 855 plus..mind u snapdragon hardly release two flagship chip set in a year..but competition is tough..

Becos the kirin is solely used by huawei doesn't mean they are weak and not powerful and same goes for the exynos by samsung..they are powerful chip set capable of overtaking the snapdragon..
And MTK is just down below them..sipping his cup of tea..but it still a big player cos its cheaper..
On flagship terms..no MTK chipset come close...

The kirin is up there with the likes of Exynos and Snapdragon...
Huawei nor cum sell gala oo.they mean business

2 Likes

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
SilasNwude:
me too..its easy to tweak and modify compare to the snapdragon..
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
Atiku:

This 855+ is going to be in the note 10
its going to be in the galaxy note 10...I saw the news yesterday..thank goodness
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by thespokenword: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
kiss
Bet9jaVirtual:
The world is getting Technologically advanced.
I remember when I used Space Impact game in 3310 to shine Anita’s Congo.

Now if no be the latest IPhone, she no go reason your matter
You are Debased.Idiot
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by TrollKiller(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
See these mugus above me.
Una don forget IPhone Al bionic chip abi?
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by sulasa07(m): 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
Snapdragon
Exynos
Kirin
mediatek
Spetrum
Exynos over Kirin,na lie,
Samsung exynos phones of 75k that cannot play Pubg in medium settings,even helio p60 n 70 will play pubg with maximum settings.
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2019
sulasa07:

Exynos over Kirin,na lie,
Samsung exynos phones of 75k that cannot play Pubg in medium settings,even helio p60 n 70 will play pubg with maximum settings.
its debatable....how can u tell me that exynos chipset cannot play pubg in medium graphics..something That my small camon x pro with helio p23 is playing on medium graphics.... what Samsung phone is that...or u bought a clone
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
TrollKiller:
See these mugus above me.
Una don forget IPhone Al bionic chip abi?
i think its outdated by now..and the SD 855 wud outperform it by now..but am skeptical about it..I'll make research

*modified*
With the release of the SD 855 plus the apple A12 bionic has been dethrone..cos the SD 855 was following the A12 with only a little Margine..let's see what the exynos 9810 wud be when Samsung launch it

Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by henryobinna(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
where do some of you guys get these information from?

someone up above said the Exynos9820 and Kirin980 outperformed SD855 that's why Qualcomm rushed to release 855+...

when actually it's the 855 over 9820 then 980... the gap between 9820 and 980 are very very minimal though
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by sulasa07(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
its debatable....how can u tell me that exynos chipset cannot play pubg in medium graphics..something That my small camon x pro with helio p23 is playing on medium graphics.... what Samsung phone is that...or u bought a clone
Samsung m20 series
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
sulasa07:

Samsung m20 series
what's the procesor..
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
henryobinna:
where do some of you guys get these information from?

someone up above said the Exynos9820 and Kirin980 outperformed SD855 that's why Qualcomm rushed to release 855+...

when actually it's the 855 over 9820 then 980... the gap between 9820 and 980 are very very minimal though
I didn't say totally outperformed the SD 855..I said kinda..cos the exynos 9820 beat the SD 855 on single core score..but fell below par on the multi core score,also the SD 855 had a higher benchmark score .although the SD 855 is still superior...the exynos and kirin are catching up..

Beside sammy is planning to launch the exynos 9810 and huawei is gearing up to release the kirin 810..which might be better than the SD 855 since the SD 855 is now the standards

Don't miss quote me oga
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by henryobinna(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
stanboy28:
I didn't say totally outperformed the SD 855..I said kinda..cos the exynos 9820 beat the SD 855 on single core score..but fell below par on the multi core score,also the SD 855 had a higher benchmark score .although the SD 855 is still superior...the exynos and kirin are catching up..

Beside sammy is planning to launch the exynos 9810 and huawei is gearing up to release the kirin 810..which might be better than the SD 855 since the SD 855 is now the standards

Don't miss quote me oga
last thing first I didn't explicitly quote you...

next time wait for a chipset to be released and to be in the market first before claiming its better than whatever because you don't expect the manufacturers to tell you it's not the best thing to happen to smartphones world wide.
after all, we were told the kirin running on the p30pro is faster and better than the sd855 but the moment both hit the market, the reverse is the case.

and by the way, what do you mean when you say kinda(kind of) outperformed, what do you really mean?

In all ramifications:battery, speed, graphics, AI support and whatever you bring... the 855 beats the current latest kirin and exynos chipsets so your kinda post is really confusing especially to those who don't know what's on ground...

and yes the 855+ is to compete with the new ones to be launched... there's no point designing an entirely new chipset when the present one is still kinging hence the need to boost some areas and tag plus...
Re: Qualcomm Release Snapdragon 855 plus by stanboy28(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
henryobinna:
last thing first I didn't explicitly quote you...

next time wait for a chipset to be released and to be in the market first before claiming its better than whatever because you don't expect the manufacturers to tell you it's not the best thing to happen to smartphones world wide.
after all, we were told the kirin running on the p30pro is faster and better than the sd855 but the moment both hit the market, the reverse is the case.

and by the way, what do you mean when you say kinda(kind of) outperformed, what do you really mean?

In all ramifications:battery, speed, graphics, AI support and whatever you bring... the 855 beats the current latest kirin and exynos chipsets so your kinda post is really confusing especially to those who don't know what's on ground...

and yes the 855+ is to compete with the new ones to be launched... there's no point designing an entirely new chipset when the present one is still kinging hence the need to boost some areas and tag plus...
u were refering to me uncle
am not claiming the newly released exynos and kirin will be better..its an hypothesis..because both sammy and huawei are trying hard to beat the SD.and won't release a chip set totally interior to SD 855...beside its safe to say the SD 855 ,exynos 9820 and kirin 980 are on par..cos they offer various advantage over each other..just that the SD 855 is bit more rounded than the others performance wise....eitherway

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Note 8 Or Galaxy A20s / In Need Of A Phone With Wider Screen / Google Pixel 2XL SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.