Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding (15327 Views)

Shop All You Need For Your Wedding With Myusabuy4us . / What You Need For Your Next Occasion / What You Need For Your Events (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by divinelove(m): 3:19am On Oct 14, 2010
it all boils down to how much you have and can spend. stick to what you need and not what you want and you ll get the best price. anything 500k and below ll go for a modest wedding. planning and execution of plans well makes a wedding more successful than how much you spend. have a solid plan for your wedding and make sure you compare prices and explore every available options to doing any one thing. all the best.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by adeJ2: 5:30am On Oct 14, 2010
:DMy simple advice 2u as a married man myself is be yourself. Don't really be afraid and ashame of been a regular lagos guy,Do tins as your pocket reach and sound this 2 ur lucky babe; 'AFTER MARRIAGE WHEN UR MONEY FINISHED U2 WILL BOTH EAT WHAT U SEE,PROBABLY GO BEGGING WHETHER SHE WIL BE COMFORTABLE'. If her repond is NO,then bros do tin your way,ur pocket 2 enable u2 survive aftermath marriage.Goodluck. Half a million not bad 4 regular Lagosian. shocked
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Ekans: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2010
Oga,what ever you decide,just dont go borrowing cos you will regret it.Remenber,no matter how lavish a wedding,it is forgotten in a week but then 'money don go'
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by larimo(m): 8:15am On Oct 14, 2010
@poster,

It depends on you and your spouse-to-be. The key to having a good wedding when you have financial constraints is to have a fixed budget that you can have a firm grip on.

Some tips are:

You don't need to call a band that will cost some cash. Plead with your church choir if you are Christian to do that for you or get a DJ, which can go for less than 15k.

For the meals get an aunt and her friends to assist you knowing that a caterer will charge more. If you cant do that, then reduce the number of invited guests and make it more of a family-close friend thing. No room for "the friends of my brother's colleague's friends"! grin. You can get a decent package from N550 (jollof-fried-chicken-beef-moimoi-salad). You can scale it down and get something cheaper.

Get a friend to be your MC. Keep it simple as long as he/she has the ability to make people laugh for a very short while.

You can get decent souvenirs at amazing prices. In order to give a good impression, you can diversify. Look for items that aren't so common but are also affordable. The packaging will matter a lot.

For cakes, it a matter of 'how may steps' you want. You will always have a good bargain. You can go for something stylish that requires a lesser cost of production but a decent finish.

Chairs and tables, you have to get if you are using a hall or doing an outdoor wedding. Its costs a lost! Simply use your church venue where you'll get the chairs free of charge. Then you just have to rent the tables.

Drinks you have to buy but you can cut down your cut by cutting down the number and keeping it simple with soft drinks. No room for exotic juice packs, etc.

I hope this helps, wink grin

God bless you!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by tkb417(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2010
aguiyi:

i wwill better not listen to u and your type cos i will remain single.some response made more sense
u dont understand english or the humour is lost on you

is it my fault u didnt go to school?

better go marry a divorcee so u wont spend a kobo

Arrow
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by fender(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2010
babaowo:

plan your wedding as if you need the certificate for visa runz,whalai you wont spend than 125k, oko iyawo lol
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by abasibles: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2010
AFTER UR MARRAGE MAKE SURE U APPLY THIS TO UR HOME:
Never assume.

Compliment more than you criticize.

For each time you vent about your husband/wife to your friends, tell three positive stories.

Remember that it is ok to do things differently (e.g. there is more than one way to peel a potato or fold the laundry).

Always make time for the two of you.

Marry someone that you enjoy listening and talking to.

Remember that marriage is sometimes a bed of roses and sometimes there are thorns.

Remember that the best gift that you can give your children is to love their mother/father.

Be fair! Split the housework, spending money, etc evenly. This way you are never resentful of your partners contributions (or lack of) or expenditures.

Never go to bed angry. (Unless it's 3a.m. and you're exhausted, angry, and not thinking straight.)

Remember that people do fight. It's how you do it that matters.

Before starting an argument, consider if it's really worth it.

Fight naked. wink

Agree to disagree.

Never, ever mention the "grin" word (divorce).

Do you want to be right or do you want to be married?

Respect each other's privacy.

Remember that "love is like childhood. You need to learn to share."

Marriage is not 50/50, it's two people giving 100/100 all of the time.

Surprise each other now and then.

The secret to a happy marriage is two TV's!

Have date night!

Never pass up an opportunity to say "I love you".

Hold hands.

Hug & kiss every day (several times a day actually!).

Always believe that you got better than you deserved.

Be quick to say "I'm sorry".

Choose the one you love, then love the one you choose.

Keep the in-laws out of your marriage!

Love isn't always a feeling, it's a decision.

Hang in there. It's worth it.

Play nice, play often, love much.

Never air your dirty laundry as a couple in public.

Never keep secrets from each other.

Be each other's champion. No matter what, take your husband or wife's side first!

Communication is the key!

Always respect each other.

Never underestimate the power of a good belly-laugh and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself.
SOMETIMES IT DEPENCE WHERE D LADY COME'S FROM. GOD WILL LEAD U
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by mogzy(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2010
We must change our orientation as Africans. Today, we celebrates double wedding ceremonies due to our colonial experience. The engagement i.e. the traditional wedding is original to Africa. However, the church or registry was borrowed from Europeans. Spending on double-wedding is a waste. U can register your marriage with little or no cost at the registry and go to church for marriage blessing without crowds, and later do the main thing "African traditional wedding". BEST OF LUCK. Afrcanist.

[color=Black][/color] @Africanist's Best of the responses so far, duplications of ceremonies totally uncalled for, introduction and registry rituals should be as silent as not to have any form of bogus budget. Then the 'engagement' (so called traditional wedding) dated back to biblical Jewish tradition could be incorporated into the reception for just one hour as practiced today by the modern day Jews, The reception could be as moderate as your money can afford having provided the basic facilities like the hall, sound system, chairs and tables food and drinks. Then meeting the demands of the bride's family which comes first by deploying all the negotiators at your disposal to negotiate on your behalf the demands to an affordable value. Marriage blessings ought to be done at the reception but we call that white wedding now, so it's your choice, because's of the cost of suit, gown and othere accessories,
Well as it has been said people spend lot of resources and time (months) to plan for the wedding lasting for a day and do not plan for the marriage meant to last throughout your remaining lifetime,
wish you well,
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2010
Op, somtyms wen i see questions lyk dis, it freaks me out, honestly !!! undecided

There'r no pamanent fixed price for a weddin. what if u'r told dat a weddin would cost u 5million naira and all the amount you have in your bank account is 2.5million, what will you do? undecided will you go and borrow the remainin to make it 5million just to satisfy your wyf, inlaw and weddin attendants that your weddin is one of the best? FINE !!! After that, what next? debt follows! where are the attendants on your weddin to help you out on your debt? they'r all at their various homes havin a good tym with the lives. All they know is that, they have attended, witnessed  and celebrated your weddin cerenmony with you, whatever you'r goin thru afterwards, they careless !!! Mind you, even that 5million is lyk 5000k to some rich men in our society that can even spend more of that on their DAUGHTERS weddin, not to talk of theirs (or on their own birthday) !!!

what am i sayin in essence? - You know how much you have in your bank account. If they list out the things you'r goin to buy for your weddin, and you check to yourself that the amount on the list are xtravagant (compared to how much you have in the bank), you better opt for cheapper ones, and believe you me, you'll get the cheapper ones that your money can afford and you'll be satisfied with it (it's just that people would talk! Sayin he went for cheapper articles), but let them say, na dem get dia mouth !!! Yoruba say: "Elenu lo lenu" (Na dem get dia mouth) !!! Igbo people say: "Onye na way ya" (each person on his or her own) !!!

Even if a rich man spends so much money on his daughters weddin, he'll stil be criticised of spendin RECKLESSLY (when they have many people starvin for food), not to talk of an average hustlin lagos worker, abegie !!!
Spend whatever YOU, urself wish to spend and reserve some money to carter for your family after the weddin. Whoever wants to chop enuff rice and drink awuff shayo should do all that with his/her money, for you'r not Jesus the son of God that fed 5,000 people with "TWO LOAFS OF BREAD AND 5 FISHES" !!!

My opinion !!!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by bestman09(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2010
Everything depends on you! I have someone who spent less than N50000 on his wedding last month and he is happy with his family. Last week i witnessed a wedding at JOGOR center here in Ibadan which i know must cost up to N5M! (TO RENT THE HALL ONLY IS N1M!) The amount you spend does not guarantee the success of the marriage! Use your common sense my brother
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Ranoscky(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2010
bestman09:

Everything depends on you! The amount you spend does not guarantee the success of the marriage! Use your common sense my brother

Well said my broda !!!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by chines4(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2010
Traditional marriage wont be higher than 5m in the East, 1m in the West and about 50,000 in the North.

@Leomax

Where did u get that cost analysis from, 5M in the east, in that case all Igbo ladies will grow old in their fathers house.

@Poster,

Pls don't mind Leomax, marriage is according to u'r pocket ooo, Remember u still need to eat and feed u'r wife after the wedding oooo grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ehi4life(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2010
feel_me:

Dear "Average Lagos Worker",

TRANSPORTATION: if in the "not so urban" Local Councils, any Okada you give #500 per hour will thank you, so 4 okadas to convey u, your wifey and 2 witnesses to the registry = #2000. But in the urban Councils u will not need to pay per hour. u will always find another okada after the registry ceremony. cost of 4 okadas (assuming u no wan "lap"wink #200 each =#800.

Ceremony: Suits and gowns are not mandatory for registry weddings. any of your "Church" clothes will do.
Refreshment: You should have food in the house. If not, she should demonstrate her "wifeability" by making you a good pot of soup or Rice with #2K (as per wedding day o!) when you guys come back home.

What else? Ok, Budget #2k for the registry officials (you may also need to photocopy the certificate).
Total (assuming worst case scenario) =2K Okada+2K Soup+2K Miscellaneous =6K.
NB: Anybody that comes to your "wedding" should bring you gift no vice versa!
*scratches head* Now, go ask anybody, which is more valid: the jamboree that you will get onto debt for so that you will have a "talk of the town" wedding; or just going to the registry and doing your thing, after which if God blesses you later in Life, you can take her to Disney or Monte Carlo and re-enact a fairy tale wedding for her?

"Average Lagos worker" If wedding matter don worry you sotaay u post am for NL, na fraud or kidnapping dey drag you so o! Shut that OVATION magazine and get back to work! grin

I think there is a place on NL for people like you. angry

Thanks all, for the great ideas and suggestion. I am seriously considering most of them. Please keep them coming. Available funds is below 1M and location is south-south. smiley wink cheesy
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by SLIMON: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Poster -- you need to discuss with your woman, indentify the various sources of funds. budget and plan within your budget. if i come for your wedding and i dont eat, as long as you guys live happy after, i am ok. 80% of big wedding have crashed today.

i also intend to get married by december next year, i dnt even kno who i am getting married too, but i already have drawn out a budget, he that fails to plan will definately plan to fail.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by larimo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ poster,

You can the following excel sheet to aid you in your calculations. All the best!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Meristem: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Bros ask your wife-to-be. From experience, SHE (and not you) decides how much it will cost. But I will advise you to keep 1million for a low key stuff.
I don't mean to frighten you though. Cheers.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by afrika(f): 6:27am On Oct 15, 2010
cool the fact still remains.
That we have not gotten to the western world type of wedding.

It is the cost of wedding that scare guys away frm wedding thereby leavin our young girls(babes) to graduate ladies en finally a woman (aunty).

Guy, its not ur fault. I had a church member then, working in a bank that used one sunday to do his wedding. While the church service was going on, the pastor blessed their marriage en reception was directed to the nearest hall.

People took andrew's liver salt on hearing/siting the event. But low en behold, this my man(who was den an head of operations) served all of us, rice,snacks en mineral. And so be it. No long talk. People got disapointed while the hungry ones that had no option gregded d small countable grain rice wit 2 small pieces of meat.

The truth is that, even if u use 3million, pple wud be there to complain both sides. If u use 500k,pple wud still talk.

Guy, do the one wey u go save money use eat after wedding. All these tins, na oly one day, den ur eye go clear.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ehi4life(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2010
afrika:

cool the fact still remains.
That we have not gotten to the western world type of wedding.

It is the cost of wedding that scare guys away frm wedding thereby leavin our young girls(babes) to graduate ladies en finally a woman (aunty).

Guy, its not your fault. I had a church member then, working in a bank that used one sunday to do his wedding. While the church service was going on, the pastor blessed their marriage en reception was directed to the nearest hall.

People took andrew's liver salt on hearing/siting the event. But low en behold, this my man(who was den an head of operations) served all of us, rice,snacks en mineral. And so be it. No long talk. People got disapointed while the hungry ones that had no option gregded d small countable grain rice wit 2 small pieces of meat.

The truth is that, even if u use 3million, pple wud be there to complain both sides. If u use 500k,pple wud still talk.

Guy, do the one wey u go save money use eat after wedding. All these tins, na oly one day, den your eye go clear.
larimo:

@ poster,

You can the following excel sheet to aid you in your calculations. All the best!

@Afrika advise well taken.
@Larimo thanks for the spread sheet.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by samuraix1: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building

For Registration Please call: 017392727 , 07041006835.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by IrdMan: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
1m will do.
350k for traditional marriage
550k for White wedding
100k for miscellaneous
But if you can get a little help from friends family members etc. you wont need up to that amount and u will still have a splendid wedding
Good luck

NB. Am talking from experience!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by DrDre1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
Regular wedding? grin grin grin grin
So there is a type that's irregular?
Please, no need to break a neck wink
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by pak: 5:51am On Oct 16, 2010
Friend,
I'l give you the response I gave to a similar question 5 years ago when I was serving.

The cost of your wedding is the AMOUNT YOU HAVE AT HAND for the wedding.
Dont let any man deceive you.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by makjeb: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2010
If it is just a regular wedding, then you will need to do the following, I married at about 2 years ago though in PHC.

1. Hire a gown for your wife to be - it may cheaper than buying or sewing for her
2. Invite less guests- may be 100-200 people
3. Do your reception in the hall of the church if they have or chose a church that has a hall - saves you much expenses for hiring a which is usually
expensive
4. get ur friends and your fiancee's friends to be ushers for you
5. look for somebodi that is a good cook in your family and let her organise people to her may be some of your fiancee's friends
6. use your friends' car - u just need 2 cars one for you and the other for your wife.
7. I may have left out some details but all these will help if you have 300,000k.

Thanks always available for to offer any advice or solution, mail me at makjebglobal@yahoo.com or makjebglobal@gmail.com
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by pak: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2010
@Makjeb,
Wonderful post, really great. Simple and effective way to reduce cost to the barest.

I think I'l take down your email, it will come handy when I want to get married
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ehi4life(m): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2010
Thanks Mak-jeb, most practicable response so far. Thanks I would certainly mail you.

Cheers
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by mengmeng19: 2:48am On Oct 19, 2010
But this did nothing to answer any RuneScape Gold that anyone might have had about gnomish history. Where did

they come from? How did they originate? On top of this, gnomes appeared to be good at anything they put

their mind to and disturbingly so. Yet despite their almost chilling ability to instantly grasp and

comprehend RS Gold, they remained friendly and good-natured. Given this, it's no wonder the majority

of the world thinks that WOW Gold are good for punting there's nothing worse than someone who bests you in

every possible way, all the while being endearing and charming and nice about Buy WOW Gold.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by lostout: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
Set aside a burget and contact an event planner, your wedding can be arrange with even the least of amount u never expect, fix.event@yahoo.com, for some tips and advice , Congrat.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by djkayzzy(m): 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
I can help u plan your wedding, for absolutely nothing. Why? one, i love weddings and will jump at any opportunity to be a part of any. two, i will be setting up my own event company within 1-2 yrs from now and need all d recommendations i can get. three, i currently work part-time with an event outfit(wedding planner) in lagos and have the neccessary experience. four, cos i'm generally a nice person and love helping people, even total strangers.

I am going to pick your list, one by one, and give my own suggestions.

1000 guests? that is quite large! Do-able though.

Hall - what area are you looking at? I suggest Unilag multipurpose hall for that crowd.

Decoration - that amount just about covers it. i've got a good mate that can handle that for slightly less.

security - d hall comes with security.

limo - not sure. they charge per hour though.

Dj - 20,000

mc - ok

photographer - ok

food - here, they charge per plate. the least a good caterer will take is 1,000 naira per plate which brings d total to 1m. you still need small chops, deserts and mixed drinks which will cost at least 300,000.

Drinks - u need a drink manager to handle that . (5000,000)

Your dress and accessories are personal. your choice shows your taste.

gifts - how generous do u want to be?

Your colors are really important. what are your favorite colors, as well as those of your partner? turqoise goes well with silver. i personally prefer anything that has got purple in it. that is one color that will never go out of season! purple and lilac or purple with gold!!!

call or mail me: 08027203519, dj.kayzzy@gmail.com
take care!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEP:2

ITEMS PRICE IN $ PRICE IN ₦

Hall $4000 ₦600,000

Decoration $2000 ₦300,000

Security & Limo $350 ₦50,000

Music (Saheed Osupa OR Ayuba) ?

Brief morning DJ $200 ₦30,000

MC $200 ₦30,000

Photograph & Video $3000 ₦450,000

Alfas (family member) $200 ₦30,000

Cake $500 ₦75,000

Food $4000 ₦600,000

Drinks $2000 ₦300,000

Wedding dress $600 ₦90,000

Ring ? ?

Suit $300 ₦45,000

Two set of lace $1000 ₦150,000

Jewelry $1000 ₦150,000

Make-up $200 ₦30,000

Accessories e.g shoes $500 ₦75,000

Invitations & programs (500 -600 Copies) $1200 ₦180,000

Gifts $ ₦
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by kanmi22(f): 1:01am On Dec 16, 2010
dj_kayzzy:

I can help u plan your wedding, for absolutely nothing. Why? one, i love weddings and will jump at any opportunity to be a part of any. two, i will be setting up my own event company within 1-2 yrs from now and need all d recommendations i can get. three, i currently work part-time with an event outfit(wedding planner) in lagos and have the neccessary experience. four, cos i'm generally a nice person and love helping people, even total strangers.

I am going to pick your list, one by one, and give my own suggestions.

1000 guests? that is quite large! Do-able though.

Hall - what area are you looking at? I suggest Unilag multipurpose hall for that crowd.

Decoration - that amount just about covers it. i've got a good mate that can handle that for slightly less.

security - d hall comes with security.

limo - not sure. they charge per hour though.

Dj - 20,000

mc - ok

photographer - ok

food - here, they charge per plate. the least a good caterer will take is 1,000 naira per plate which brings d total to 1m. you still need small chops, deserts and mixed drinks which will cost at least 300,000.

Drinks - u need a drink manager to handle that . (5000,000)

Your dress and accessories are personal. your choice shows your taste.

gifts - how generous do u want to be?

Your colors are really important. what are your favorite colors, as well as those of your partner? turqoise goes well with silver. i personally prefer anything that has got purple in it. that is one color that will never go out of season! purple and lilac or purple with gold!!!

call or mail me: 08027203519, dj.kayzzy@gmail.com
take care!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEP:2

ITEMS PRICE IN $ PRICE IN ₦

Hall $4000 ₦600,000

Decoration $2000 ₦300,000

Security & Limo $350 ₦50,000

Music (Saheed Osupa OR Ayuba) ?

Brief morning DJ $200 ₦30,000

MC $200 ₦30,000

Photograph & Video $3000 ₦450,000

Alfas (family member) $200 ₦30,000

Cake $500 ₦75,000

Food $4000 ₦600,000

Drinks $2000 ₦300,000

Wedding dress $600 ₦90,000

Ring ? ?

Suit $300 ₦45,000

Two set of lace $1000 ₦150,000

Jewelry $1000 ₦150,000

Make-up $200 ₦30,000

Accessories e.g shoes $500 ₦75,000

Invitations & programs (500 -600 Copies) $1200 ₦180,000

Gifts $ ₦

y u dey copy and paste my post now? abeg o
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 26, 2011
i have told you , either u have 2mill stand by or u cut your coat and do it small and coded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja / FoodClique Feeds Over 1000 Residents of Ebute Meta - Community Kitchen / National Peace Awards 2019 Holds In Style In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.