Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,996 members, 7,852,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:09 PM

AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr (27397 Views)

AFCON: Why I Introduced Chukwueze Late Against Cameroon – Rohr / Why Super Eagles Lost To England - Rohr / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by mechanics(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
They should try their luck next time.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by otokx(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
Rohr is a fraud.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by robosky02(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Chukalemon:
. I don't know what is wrong with you nigerians.does coaches play football and must we be blaming coaches on every lose

Coaches don't play football but they coach does who play

They are to train the players to win
And if they can't we fire them

Simple
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nigerians talk as if they know-it-all. Westerhof came to Nigeria in 1989 and Nigeria did not qualify for Italian'90. Went to the Nations Cup in Algeria and couldn't win it. Senegal'92 the same.

Before this German was employed, the Nigerian football was in total disarray. The so-called local coaches like Siasia, Amunike and so on with local players couldn't qualify us for AFCONs.

I wonder what is wrong with Nigerians. In life, you need to have a little patience. Great coaches have lost matches too.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
ubcandid:

You failed to add the most important. ROHR HAS COACHED THR EAGLES FOR CLOSE TO 5 YEAR'S, THE COACH HE LOST TO WAS APPOINTED LAST YEAR.

Under a year, the Algerian coach was able to build a team with good flair, rhythmic movement and cohesive force - dropping the likes of Ghoulam(Napoli), Ghezzal(Leicester city), Bentalab(schakle 04), Belfodil(Hoffenheim); big name players in the country doing well abroad. But our own Rohr keeps displaying indecisiveness, poor tactical reading, sloppiness in decision making and giving out predictable outcomes. If after 5 years or more he can't even grow a local based keeper in the likes of femi Thomas or ologunleke who are our best home based keepers or even develop a game pattern for the team, then definitely he should step down. Enyeama was picked from our home front. Rohr is an expensive shit we need to flush.
It's close to 4 years, not 5 years. Get your facts right next time.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by ubcandid(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nat404:
It's close to 4 years, not 5 years. Get your facts right next time.

Whatever, I am sure he has handled close to 50 games for the Eagles while his Algerian counterpart has no had up to 15 to build a formidable team.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by nkemjacob2(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
robosky02:
Why Nigeria Lost

My observation

You can add yours

1 Gernot Rohr lacks technical dept to coach super eagle

2 in three year Nigerias football does not have a clear cut playing pattern

3 two years ago Algeria was ranged africa no1 Nigeria finish them 3-1 in uyo thanks to victor moses and co. They could not stand us. two years on we couldn't stand them even cameroon it took personal brilliance and determine for us to win. Simply put our team has retrogress no improvement

4. Three years on we are still crying for the lose of Enyeama. The coach has not been able to give us a keeper. With all due respect akpeyi enzenwa and uzoho are not our best
How do you take a keeper to world cup and now he is 3rd choice. Akpeyi is so shaky he doesn't inspire confidence. How did he became no1 when he is 2nd keeper in his club in fact last season he only played just 6 game for his club.
What happen to fine keepers like afolokai here in nigeria

5 Gernot Rohr is killing Nigerias football do you mean no single home base player is good enough. Clement westerhof and keshi won afcon with local players. In 2013 sunday mba an unknown local player score the winner. Under Rohhr he may never even make the reserve list

6 algeria and senegal are in the finals with local coach. they and senegal used local coaches to beat foreingn nigeria and tunisia coaches. Its no longer oyibo coach era. Its about competence.
Look at the resumee of siasia and amunike compare to rohr what has he achieve before coming to nigeria

7. You can expect to win champoions league or EPL with a mid table mentality coach like David Moyes. So nigeria can't win world cup with Gernot Rohr. Nigeria is too BIG for him. Imagine him celebrating semi finals.calling our team inexperience. A team we beat Algeria juat 2 years ago. Are we improving or retrogressing.

Infact Rohr lack tacticks do youi know algeria scouted us with 7 coaches and nutrilize all our key player. Chukweze had 2 men standby on him. Didn't you wonder with his man of the match performance in the prevous game, he could not make a single cross. Ighalo was cut out from any form of ball supply. He only manage to score penalt)

And yet Rohr could couild only look like PE master. Knowing nothing to change

Abeg excus us the reasons why algeria won

Egypt didn't wait for grammer they did the needfull we should follow suit

Look inwards our league and also our best coaches

Lalasticlala mynd44
foreign coach is not our solution. These people don't know better most of our players.

The scouting of players in Nigeria is very poor.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
ubcandid:

Whatever, I am sure he has handled close to 50 games for the Eagles while his Algerian counterpart has no had up to 15 to build a formidable team.
Forget about the Algerian coach. No perfect coach on Earth. Every coach has its own bright and dark days. Just like how you experienced failures and successes in your life.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by ubcandid(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nat404:
Forget about the Algerian coach. No perfect coach on Earth. Every coach has its own bright and dark days. Just like how you experienced failures and successes in your life.
Yeah you're right but did you see that the man had no plans and gut, if a player makes a mistake he gets benched for the next game. Happened to Tyrone ebuehi at the World Cup, onachu, balogun, aina. He doesn't have a clear definition on what he wants. With the Level of success onyekuru and osimehin had at their club it was sufficient for him to have initiated a building process on time. His technical and tactical disposition are obsolete and less engaging.We have given him enough time and he doesn't show rebuilding progress. It's time for him to leave.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
ubcandid:

Yeah you're right but did you see that the man had no plans and gut, if a player makes a mistake he gets benched for the next game. Happened to Tyrone ebuehi at the World Cup, onachu, balogun, aina. He doesn't have a clear definition on what he wants. With the the. Level of success onyekuru and osimehin had at their club it was sufficient for him to have initiated a building process on time. His technical and tactical disposition are obsolete and less engaging. Etebo. We have given him enough time and he doesn't show rebuilding progress. It's time for him to leave.
If you sack this man, who would you bring in? Amunike, Siasia? Who? These guys didn't qualify us to the Nations Cup.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Mogajunior(m): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
THE REASON WE LOST IS SIMPLE. THE DARK GREEN JERSEY!

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by ubcandid(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nat404:
If you sack this man, who would you bring in? Amunike, Siasia? Who? These guys didn't qualify us to the Nations Cup.
I am not rooting for a local coach. There are better coaches out there, even hector cuper is available. THIS COACH SHORTFALL IS BEING COVERED BY THE QUALITY OF PLAYERS AT HIS DISPOSAL, IT's A FACT WE ARE HIDING FROM.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by makeherscream(m): 4:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
we lost because of that evil dark green kits. we already loss 4outof4 matches with that kit NFF need to do something about that kit
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by makeherscream(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Mogajunior:
THE REASON WE LOST IS SIMPLE. THE DARK GREEN JERSEY!
true talk
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Banmeallday: 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2019
makeherscream:
we lost because of that evil dark green kits. we already loss 4outof4 matches with that kit NFF need to do something about that kit

It’s not the kits because the kits are actually okay. It is because we continue to have a corrupt Football federation/government who likes to hire quack Oyibo that love bribes....See the thread of Rohr with one babe in Algeria. You no say he collect Toto sharply....

Time for revolution in AFrican football as well as governments. Very soon Wales FA will win Euro while we will continue to hire quack Euro coaches to lose to Madagascar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsEgR10ZfPg
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
ubcandid:

I am not rooting for a local coach. There are better coaches out there, even hector cuper is available. THIS COACH SHORTFALL IS BEING COVERED BY THE QUALITY OF PLAYERS AT HIS DISPOSAL, IT's A FACT WE ARE HIDING FROM.
Hector Cuper cannot coach Nigeria. He's a finalist coach and that would be more heartbreak for Nigeria.

If Nigeria is talking about getting a very high quality coach, they can go for Thomas Dennerby, the current Super Falcons coach. He and his assistant are good tacticians.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by ubcandid(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nat404:
Hector Cuper cannot coach Nigeria. He's a finalist coach and that would be more heartbreak for Nigeria.

If Nigeria is talking about getting a very high quality coach, they can go for Thomas Dennerby, the current Super Falcons coach. He and his assistant are good tacticians.

Hahahahahahaha, you are kidding right? I would rather hand the job over to Florence omagbemi. Yes Florence omagbemi.

You don't get me, am not about getting to the final so much on, but build a team and characteristic game play for us to be reckoned with. Cuper can coach Nigeria.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Nat404: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
ubcandid:

Hahahahahahaha, you are kidding right? I would rather hand the job over to Florence omagbemi. Yes Florence omagbemi.

You don't get me, am not about getting to the final so much on, but build a team and characteristic game play for us to be reckoned with. Cuper can coach Nigeria.
Cuper can't embrace our culture and so can't achieve anything here. We need a white man who is ready to eat Nigerian food and mingle with Nigerian women to change his European mentality to Nigerian mentality. Westerhof enjoyed our girls and ate a lot of Nigerian food and so, he succeeded. He knew what an Igbo man can do and cannot do. The same as Yoruba man, and so on.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Mryacks: 5:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
tayebest:
The mentality of going to extra time or playing penalty raped us. Right from the first half, the super Eagles play with fear and with no winning passion. They've thought delaying the ball to penalty will help but which keeper have we got? that basket? undecided

I kept saying to my friends when watching that Eagles were playing with fear...
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by ceeceeco: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Algeria to win the trophy, Nigeria 3rd.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Gforce2019: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
lathrowinger:
My Prediction. Senegal will win the cup, Algerian Second while Tunisia third. Naija Ruga

Your prediction is wrong...
Algeria will win the cup and Senegal will be second while Tunisia will be third.
Let Nigeria go home and rethink ... We haven't gotten a good team yet.
Rohr should be sacked, and some third division players that were invited should be be stopped.
Wee have good player and keepers in Nigeria all these mofo footballers rohr used does not reflect our true team.
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by chuks1love(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz24MyXgfYz/?igshid=jqxftsbf8e2e

please help me like this video ,it's a competition I must win. begging you guy in the name of God
Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by robosky02(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2019
Clearence seedof did well for cameroon
But they just sacked him cos they know where they are going

But see picnick talking of sending Rohr for refresher course I totally disagree

A coach should upgrade himself not the coutry doing it for him especially foreng coach

Why didn't man united send moyes for refresher couirs

See what rohr is doing with girls in eguypt

Re: AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr by Smooyis(m): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
robosky02:
omo I dey vex wella

Look if we keep him further our league NPFL will die
Cos why play here when you can't make national team from here. So all our player want to go abroad even if its malta or arzabajan or division 3 in england dundee unted

In keshi era local player play well cos you can walk straight to national team base on your performance

Ezenwa only sin is that he plays here if not. He is far better than akpeyi.
Enyeama went to japan/korea world cup and played against england straight from enyimba

Rohr see our league as a feeder team kai

No vex o. Make we just siddon dey look. I know things will not continue like this forever. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Traditional Wedding Of John Ogu / Shark FC, Other Football Players Sleep In Front Of Rivers Govt House / Sons Of Obafemi Martins And Abigail Barwuah In Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.