Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates (22653 Views)

A Pregnant Nigerian Girl In Ghana Held Hostage By Her Abusive Boyfriend / Pregnant Nigerian Lady Cries Out For Help After Being Battered And Held Hostage / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by callmeVIBRANT(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by SocialFinance: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by OhiOfIhima: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Our media has failed us again.. what happen in Nigeria was first reported by foreign media..

OK oo..
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by bendike: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
Topsodesupport:
It is worthy of note that this is the 60th kidnapping INCIDENT offshore Nigeria (Gulf of Guinea) in 2019 alone, with hundreds of people kidnapped.
Even locals are kidnapped along with the expats. Mighty, a popular OIM just got released recently.
About 15-20 of these incidents happened offshore Lagos
Only 2 groups claim responsibility for these crimes, and they are both in the Niger Delta region.
So all drilling rigs MUST now spend tens of thousands of dollars to hire naval ships to protect EACH of them.

Expats don't bother staying in PH anymore. From rig to the airport to Lagos or Amsterdam, then off to their country.
How do you expect Niger Delta to develop with this madness?

Kidnappings in the SS and SE NEVER make it to mainstream media, cos the criminals are smart and warn victims NEVER to put it online.

SE roads are worse death traps than anywhere else in Nigeria, in terms of criminal activities. They themselves kill themselves in their thirst for wealth, yet they scream marginalization the most.

Fix up, Ndo

Finally found a place to pour this rant.
When I find the kidnapping map, I'll add it to this post.
So I hear oh. My paddy was kidnapped in pH 2 years ago. Bros now goes to work from lekki. shocked
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by lexy2014: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
Topsodesupport:
It is worthy of note that this is the 60th kidnapping INCIDENT offshore Nigeria (Gulf of Guinea) in 2019 alone, with hundreds of people kidnapped.
Even locals are kidnapped along with the expats. Mighty, a popular OIM just got released recently.
Only 2 groups claim responsibility for these crimes, and they are both in the Niger Delta region.
So all drilling rigs MUST now spend tens of thousands of dollars to hire naval ships to protect EACH of them.

Expats don't bother staying in PH anymore. From rig to the airport to Lagos or Amsterdam, then off to their country.

Kidnappings in the SS and SE NEVER make it to mainstream media, cos the criminals are smart and warn victims NEVER to put it online.

SE roads are worse death traps than anywhere else in Nigeria, in terms of criminal activities. They themselves kill themselves in their thirst for wealth, yet they scream marginalization the most.

Fix up, Ndo

Some years ago, I was travelling in an Agofure vehicle from Lagos to PH. During this time, ND boys had just started kidnapping white oil workers. There was a conversation in d vehicle about this new trend as it was then. Unfortunately, virtually everyone in d bus supported it because they said it was oyibos that were being kidnapped. 4 some reason, I didn't support it& I was d lone voice in d wilderness. I told them that they shouldn't think that d kidnappings will stop with oyibo. They dismissed & said it is good& that I should forget it. Once govt gives them what they want, d kidnappings will stop. But alas, here we are

1 Like

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Chrisbeks: 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2019
Make sure you collect nothing less than hundred million from them
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by crossfm: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
RockHard:
Abi na 'herdsmen' too? lipsrsealed
but we no see any cow now. grin
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Rescue the sailors, and kill all this hopeless kidnappers.........
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80329626:

The FG should do something and act fast about the insecurity in the nation.
All the evil herdsmen, kidnappers and armed robbers should be dealt with ruthlessly.
Our darling Daddy PMB should borrow that brutality from OBJ at least on this one.
This is the time we need GMB, not PMB.

Anyone that want to make your goverment ungovernable KILL THEM ALL Ruthlessly NOW!
And send their evil sponsors to jail for a long time.

Peace is all we need in our nation.
There are some comments you make that makes me wonder if it’s a kid or an adult making such comments.. You make comments like a kid who just opens his mouth “blah blah blah” to comment before thinking, that is if you ever think sef. , or do you just say whatever comes to your mind without thinking.. I’m beginning to see you as a kid.. for a few days we never saw your comments, We were all relieved . Please go back to where you came from please.. haba

1 Like

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Ugosample(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
Topsodesupport:

Fix up, Ndo

@Fhemmmy

@Angelfrost

you see what I was telling you in the other thread
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Ugosample(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
lexy2014:

Some years ago, I was in a vehicle travelling in an Agofure vehicle from Lagos to PH. During this time, ND boys had just started kidnapping white oil workers. There was a conversation in d vehicle about this new trend as it was then. Unfortunately, virtually everyone in d bus supported it because they said it was oyibos that were being kidnapped. 4 some reason, I didn't support it& I was d lone voice in d wilderness. I told them that they shouldn't think that d kidnappings will stop with oyibo. They dismissed & said it is good& that I should forget it. Once govt gives them what they want, d kidnappings will stop. But alas, here we are

the prevalent mentality down there sucks

like big time

Even aboki that they loathe are much better
at least most of the aboki work HARD for their money

But those ones are low life lazy rent seeking mofos

who only want money without hard work

1 Like

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Ugosample(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
CharleyBright:
Ok ooo.

It is a clear indication that Nigeria is fast becoming one of the most dangerous places on planet earth.
Boko Haram Terrorists, Killer Herdsmen, Armed Bandits, Ritualists, Kidnappers, Armed Robbers, Killer SARS, Cultists, Pirates, Hired Assassins, Area boys, Abortionists etc. Just name it.
Criminality is on the rise under Buhari govt.

Nigeria jaga-jaga, everything scatter- scatter...

all these terrible things happening in one country
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Angelfrost(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ugosample:

@Fhemmmy

@Angelfrost

Smh... It's a pity... Whatever makes the ports in Lagos safe, can be extended to these other ones... Maritime security is not rocket science.

Like I tried explaining earlier in that thread, there is a severe and shameful flaw in leadership, both national and state. A shithole will remain one.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Topsodesupport: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
See, once you allow criminals taste blood, there will be no going back.
The petrol dollars these guys earn from their criminal activities can never be matched by the FG.
They're a whole army right now, and can't be tamed.
My primary concern is how these things reflect on Nigeria as a coutry, and how people of ND NEVER look inwards and remove the spec in their own eyes.
Kidnapping is a whole ass industry in SS, and I like that they keep it off the media while they cry Buhari everyday.

By the time they implode, it will be too late

lexy2014:

Some years ago, I was in a vehicle travelling in an Agofure vehicle from Lagos to PH. During this time, ND boys had just started kidnapping white oil workers. There was a conversation in d vehicle about this new trend as it was then. Unfortunately, virtually everyone in d bus supported it because they said it was oyibos that were being kidnapped. 4 some reason, I didn't support it& I was d lone voice in d wilderness. I told them that they shouldn't think that d kidnappings will stop with oyibo. They dismissed & said it is good& that I should forget it. Once govt gives them what they want, d kidnappings will stop. But alas, here we are
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Ugosample(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
Angelfrost:

Smh... It's a pity... Whatever makes the ports in Lagos safe, can be extended to these other ones... Maritime security is not rocket science.

Like I tried explaining earlier in that thread, there is a severe and shameful flaw in leadership, both national and state. A shithole will remain one.

gulf of guinea is a no go area

shame
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by ope532: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
May God bring them out for justice. In the name of Allah.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
Angelfrost:

I do agree that there is flaws in the government and that was why i said, we have no government, but i challenge the people to come up with ideas and solution.
DO you know you can team up with others to sell the ideas of how to secure the port and sell such to the port authority of those cities you are talking about and you will become the next wealthy person?
This is what i am saying, enough of complaining and find a way to make the best from the situation
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Topsodesupport: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
I work offshore as well, and I had to move out of PH for security reasons. Multinationals would warn you to be careful, otherwise, they won't pay the ransom if you get kidnapped.
Now I just live a quiet life in Lagos, fly to the airport, then offshore and back to PH airport. Don't pass one night in PH!

bendike:

So I hear oh. My paddy was kidnapped in pH 2 years ago. Bros now goes to work from lekki. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Bluebolt: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fulani Fishermen! ;DFulani Fishermen!
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Topsodesupport: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
Media has not failed. They are on strict instructions not to report those kidnapping incidents otherwise, they put themselves at risk

OhiOfIhima:
Our media has failed us again.. what happen in Nigeria was first reported by foreign media..

OK oo..
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by ope532: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
May God bring those behind to justice.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I do agree that there is flaws in the government and that was why i said, we have no government, but i challenge the people to come up with ideas and solution.
DO you know you can team up with others to sell the ideas of how to secure the port and sell such to the port authority of those cities you are talking about and you will become the next wealthy person?
This is what i am saying, enough of complaining and find a way to make the best from the situation
The system is deeply flawed.
People have been coming up with new and fresh ideas on how to move Nigeria forward in all levels of governance but weak institution mars the possibility of positive effect hence the society at large never felt them.

The constitution does not promote growth and accountability.
How will the country work then?
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ugosample:

@Fhemmmy

@Angelfrost

This is opportunity for anyone that knows more about maritime security and willing to take a risk . . . Opportunity always abound but people don't want to be the guinea pig but everyone wanna copy what has already been tried and tested grin
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Blue3k(m): 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
Nigeria needs to increase it naval budget its that simple. This nonsense has been happening for years unabated. Its crazy to imagine nigeria going to sink millions into deep seaports and debate wheather to increase naval budget.

Get rid of security security votes you can literally double it next year. Long term decentralization police let state and local governments handle the domestic police work. FG should focus on maritime domain and borders.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
sassysure:

The system is deeply flawed.
People have been coming up with new and fresh ideas on how to move Nigeria forward in all levels of governance but weak institution mars the possibility of positive effect hence the society at large never felt them.

The constitution does not promote growth and accountability.
How will the country work then?

Government has no clue of what to do, that is why people will need to empower themselves and forget about the government
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by chuks1love(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz24MyXgfYz/?igshid=jqxftsbf8e2e

please help me like this video ,it's a competition I must win. begging you guy in the name of God
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by otokx(m): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
Topsodesupport:
I work offshore as well, and I had to move out of PH for security reasons. Multinationals would warn you to be careful, otherwise, they won't pay the ransom if you get kidnapped.
Now I just live a quiet life in Lagos, fly to the airport, then offshore and back to PH airport. Don't pass one night in PH!

Port Harcourt is not that bad as people say, you probable enjoy Lagos because perharps you are from one of the majority tribes. Its not your fault though, our politicians and elite in the niger delta refuse to look at the bigger picture even up till now. They just want to loot and loot for themselves and their children who they quickly send abroad.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Government has no clue of what to do, that is why people will need to empower themselves and forget about the government
Seems u didn't understand my post.
Nigeria has weak institution.
That is the cross of the matter.
Even if Obama, Merkel, name them were to come in to help overhaul the system, as long as the institution(constitution) has loopholes and favours a particular set, they will never achieve anything. It will now become a matter of if u can't beat them, join them.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by hrykanu231(m): 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80329626:

The FG should do something and act fast about the insecurity in the nation.
All the evil herdsmen, kidnappers and armed robbers should be dealt with ruthlessly.
Our darling Daddy PMB should borrow that brutality from OBJ at least on this one.
This is the time we need GMB, not PMB.

Anyone that want to make your goverment ungovernable KILL THEM ALL Ruthlessly NOW!
And send their evil sponsors to jail for a long time.

Peace is all we need in our nation.

Oh! There's insecurity in the nation? Your eyes don dey clear small small
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by raybaba97(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Blue3k:
Nigeria needs to increase it naval budget its that simple. This nonsense has been happening for years unabated. Its crazy to imagine nigeria going to sink millions into deep seaports and debate wheather to increase naval budget.

Get rid of security security votes you can literally double it next year. Long term decentralization police let state and local governments handle the domestic police work. FG should focus on maritime domain and borders.

Maritime security is not so simple ooo...
it took centuries for even the Europeans to deal with it.
the width if the ocean means that tracking small boats for long periods without the latest radar technology (don't bother saying it, they won't sell it to us. not now at least)is impossible.

the navy can only do so much and the government can't really afford the wealth it takes to build a real NAVY.

we'll just have to bear with it for now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forced Marriage: Abducted Teenager Freed From Emir’s Palace / Pregnant Woman Burnt To Death By Her Brother-In-law In Imo / HIV+ Woman Commits Suicide In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.