Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates (22654 Views)

A Pregnant Nigerian Girl In Ghana Held Hostage By Her Abusive Boyfriend / Pregnant Nigerian Lady Cries Out For Help After Being Battered And Held Hostage / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by raybaba97(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
Besides, increasing naval budget has been historically difficult for any nation that is not Britain or America.

Now in peace time, even the Royal navy and the USN are feeling the Axe big time.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Fhemmmy: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
sassysure:

Seems u didn't understand my post.
Nigeria has weak institution.
That is the cross of the matter.
Even if Obama, Merkel, name them were to come in to help overhaul the system, as long as the institution(constitution) has loopholes and favours a particular set, they will never achieve anything. It will now become a matter of if u can't beat them, join them.

And who is the government to know there are loopholes in the system and yet refused to plug the holes, do you think that all level of government are not aware of all these institutions and the loopholes, who created all these loopholes? If they are plugged, how will they steal or allow corruption to continue, a government that refused to pay his people just 30,000 Naira a month and they have the audacity to spend billions on project they knew never existed, what do you call such people . . . That is why i said, pretend they don't exist and build your own bridge to get to your tomorrow.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Spanishmilf(m): 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
And Nigeria really know Russia just delivered a bomb to turkey � abeg make turkey no try d bomb on us we are innocent ooh
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2019
I hop the turks are nit gonna start kidnapping Nigerians In turkey, The turks are very Good in revenge and Retaliations.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
CharleyBright:
Ok ooo.

It is a clear indication that Nigeria is fast becoming one of the most dangerous places on planet earth.
Boko Haram Terrorists, Killer Herdsmen, Armed Bandits, Ritualists, Kidnappers, Armed Robbers, Killer SARS, Cultists, Pirates, Hired Assassins, Area boys, Abortionists etc. Just name it.
Criminality is on the rise under Buhari govt.

Nigeria jaga-jaga, everything scatter- scatter...

You forgot to add rapists
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Neoteny(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
It's herdsmen
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by lakesider(m): 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
Spanishmilf:
And Nigeria really know Russia just delivered a bomb to turkey � abeg make turkey no try d bomb on us we are innocent ooh

Russia never delivered bomb to Turkey..
Internet illiterate
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Temi231(f): 1:20am On Jul 17, 2019
Seun and nairaland moderator should do better. Why always painting Nigeria in a bad way with a wrong headline and the lazy youth cannot read to understand that this issue is not happening IN Nigeria but off Nigeria and the Nigeria patrol are the one helping out.

I also wonder why journalist keep using our country name to shine every time instead of them to mention the specific country they are using off Nigeria. The situation is from Gulf of Guinea.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49007639.

Please always read before commenting. We need more positive news as we all know that rate of insecurity in Nigeria is high but not this

Seun, nairaland is loosing its content.

1 Like

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by naptu2: 1:45am On Jul 17, 2019
Temi231:
Seun and nairaland moderator should do better. Why always painting Nigeria in a bad way with a wrong headline and the lazy youth cannot read to understand that this issue is not happening IN Nigeria but off Nigeria and the Nigeria patrol are the one helping out.

I also wonder why journalist keep using our country name to shine every time instead of them to mention the specific country they are using off Nigeria. The situation is from Gulf of Guinea Republic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49007639.

Please always read before commenting. We need more positive news as we all know that rate of insecurity in Nigeria is high but not this

Seun, nairaland is loosing its content.

grin grin grin

It is not called "Gulf of Guinea Republic". It's called the "Gulf of Guinea".

The Gulf of Guinea is a portion of the Atlantic Ocean from the border of Gabon to the border of Liberia. It includes the waters off the coast of Nigeria.

A gulf is a large inlet of ocean into the landmass. It creates a curve in the land. Look at the curve from the border of Gabon to the border of Liberia.

See the map below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:27am On Jul 17, 2019
Las las Turkey special force will storm Nigeria and free them while Nigeria authorities will not even notice just like the way Italian special force stormed Nigeria
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by karma2000: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2019
road no dey safe to travel sea no dey safe karma is not deaf or blind o
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Litmus: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2019
lexy2014:

Some years ago, I was travelling in an Agofure vehicle from Lagos to PH. During this time, ND boys had just started kidnapping white oil workers. There was a conversation in d vehicle about this new trend as it was then. Unfortunately, virtually everyone in d bus supported it because they said it was oyibos that were being kidnapped. 4 some reason, I didn't support it& I was d lone voice in d wilderness. I told them that they shouldn't think that d kidnappings will stop with oyibo. They dismissed & said it is good& that I should forget it. Once govt gives them what they want, d kidnappings will stop. But alas, here we are

Similar happened to me also. I used to frequent the top discussions forum on Odili net. The posters there were of a higher intellectual capacity than posters here on nairaland, no offence meant folks. Yet when the first case of foreigner kidnapping happened in Delta, these posters became celebratory. I was mortified and then furious at them for supporting that event. I even made a parody post in which my heading was something like the following: How to Become Rich in Nigeria overnight. Inside the post, i wrote one sentence: kidnap foreigners and demand ransom'. I made this parody after spending weeks on that forum arguing why I thought, kidnapping, as a means of forcing the Nigerian government to tackle poverty and environmental degradation in the Delta, was a bad idea. Nevertheless, these seemingly highly intelligent posters were adamant that Deltans should kidnap. Moreover, in the usual Nigerian stubborn ways they even suggested Deltans should kidnap scatter, kidnap everything and anything that moved, that this was the way to make the Nigerian government act. I countered by accusing them of hypocrisy. I argued and asked them why was it that they spent every writing moment on that forum condemning what they saw as Nigerian corrupt attitude and penchant for exploiting every situation and yet they were encouraging militants to kidnap foreign oil workers, did they not think that Nigerians would exploit this political motivated kidnapping too? That Nigerian in Delta would migrate from kidnapping foreigners to simply kidnapping for personal profit? But they started ignoring my posts and went ahead encouraging Deltans to kidnap.

I schooled in both Nigeria and Britain but learned about objectivity in Nigeria. Europeans find it difficult to be objective. By objectivity, I mean the ability to separate what is right for the most part from that which we personally want for ourselves or to be the prevailing consensus. Nigerians have become like Europeans unable to look at something objectively. We have become selfish. A police man shot my car tire so i have become bitter and want the Nation to brake up. Just becuse of me or me and my kit-n-kin, Bleep the millions of others that may suffer....
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Spanishmilf(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
lakesider:

Russia never delivered bomb to Turkey..
Internet illiterate
ode nie Turkey bought S-400 missile from Russia
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by Blue3k(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
raybaba97:

Maritime security is not so simple ooo...
it took centuries for even the Europeans to deal with it.
the width if the ocean means that tracking small boats for long periods without the latest radar technology (don't bother saying it, they won't sell it to us. not now at least)is impossible.

the navy can only do so much and the government can't really afford the wealth it takes to build a real NAVY.

we'll just have to bear with it for now.

Hey we cant just sit on our hands. I agree a naval build up takes time. We aren't going up again a navy just pirates. If the Europeans arent an option there's China and Russia.
Re: Turkish Sailors Held Hostage In Nigeria By Armed Pirates by raybaba97(m): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2019
I am not trying to make excuse for anyone,...
but, those countries have a long naval tradition and their sea borders have been completely mapped over centuries of ocean usage.

What I'm trying to say us that, while our Navy can do better,

They do have some excuses for their current performance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Burnt To Death By Her Brother-In-law In Imo / Forced Marriage: Abducted Teenager Freed From Emir’s Palace / Gracious David West Pleads Guilty To Murder Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.