Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism (7030 Views)

PDP Mega Rally In Osogbo Live On AIT and CHANNELS / Buhari’s 100 Days In Office Poll Result By Channels Television / Osun 2018 Governorship Debate (Date, Time And Channels To Show Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
Coitus:
I opened a thread earlier today in the politics section and while reading the comments I saw a short clip video posted about the RUGA brouhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPcQNRjxUPg
the short clip

After watching the two minutes footage I had my hands in my mouth, like the Fulanization agenda is actually true and it's no joke. So I decided to go search for the full clip on YouTube and I saw a 30 minutes eye opening clip. What i was particularly annoyed about was that the Channels television presenter MOUPE was so partisan. She kept interrupting Dr. Katchy while he's dropping fact about foreigners occupying lands and killing Nigerians.

Channels television is gone, they are now biased, hiding the truth. It's pretty clear now the government has bought the channel. I've totally lost respect for MOUPE. Maybe when the chaos visits her village she'll drop the nonsense partisanship. I'm pissed angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZN1jWNvb2w
here's the full clip of the interview on channels TV

Quite on the contrary; I also watched the full length clip via the link you provided and came to quite a different conclusion than the one you are providing.
What you had expected and wanted her to do was to allow a man make outlandish claims on national tv, unchallenged without verification, to suit the ongoing anti Fulani/herdsmen/ and anti Buhari govt narrative, with the ongoing tacit collaboration of the Christian dominated southern media.

Unfortunately for some of you, one journalist (Moupe) in this particular instance stood up and did her job, professionally as expected through intelligent questioning.

She pick him up on some of his conspiracy theories: e.g. DAS i.e. Demographic Alteration Scheme which he tried to pin on Miyetti Allah without any backing; he also claimed that the killer herdsmen were French speaking Fulanis from other countries, based on his experience of speaking to only a few of them in Zamfara state; he furthermore claimed that the FG was sponsoring land grabbing through ethnic cleansing but could not pinpoint who it planned to resettle and benefit from such grabbed land - after excluding everybody, including Nigeria's indigenous Fulani as the potential beneficiaries (what a confused fellow).

In short, the man was loud and emotionally hyped making quite volatile and ridiculous claims which clearly needed to be checked - apparently Moupe did a good job of cross checking him through her line of questioning, in order to avoid the public being mislead with such baseless lies and propaganda - I frankly saw nothing wrong with it.
Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by gaetano: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Quite on the contrary; I also watched the full length clip via the link you provided and came to quite a different conclusion than the one you are providing.
What you had expected and wanted to do was for her to allow a man make outlandish claims unchallenged without verification to suit the ongoing anti Fulani/herdsmen/ anti Buhari govt narrative , with tacit collaboration with the Christian southern dominated media.
Unfortunately for some of you, one journalist (Moupe) in this particular instance stood up and did her job, professionally as expected through intelligent questioning.
She pick him up on some of his conspiracy theories: e.g. DAS i.e. Demographic Alteration Scheme which he tried to pin on Miyetti Allah without any backing; he also claimed that the killer herdsmen were French speaking Fulanis from other countries, based on his experience of speaking to a hew of them in Zamfara state; he furthermore claimed that the FG was sponsoring land grabbing through ethnic cleansing but could not pinpoint who it planned to resettle in the those land - after excluding everybody, including Nigeria's indigenous Fulani.
In short, the man was loud and emotionally hyped making quite volatile and ridiculous claims which clearly needed to be checked - apparently Moupe did a good job of cross checking him through her line of questioning, in order to avoid the public being mislead with baseless lies and propaganda - I saw nothing wrong with that.

People like you are the problem. A lot of Investigative journalists have researched this matter over time. You watch the news now and then and see benue people being massacred in mass and their lands taken over. In 2017 The Nigerian Air force deliberately bombed ranni IDP camp in borno, their lands have been occupied. There are incidence in jos plateau state. And so so many other minority tribes in the north. We hear about the southern kaduna killing every time. Call it exactly what it is.

We are aware down south. Moupe was simply protecting the interest of the channel she's working for before they will go the AIT way. Her boss is also an APC chieftan

Stop supporting nonsense unless of course you are an online herdsman.
Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
gaetano:

People like you are the problem. A lot of Investigative journalists have researched this matter over time. You watch the news now and then and see benue people being massacred in mass and their lands taken over. In 2017 The Nigerian Air force deliberately bombed ranni IDP camp in borno, their lands have been occupied. There are incidence in jos plateau state. And so so many other minority tribes in the north. We hear about the southern kaduna killing every time. Call it exactly what it is.

We are aware down south. Moupe was simply protecting the interest of the channel she's working for before they will go the AIT way. Her boss is also an APC chieftan

Stop supporting nonsense unless of course you are an online herdsman.

Investigative journalism my foot: where media houses often relay reports based on stereotypes and mere assumptions, from their comfortable air conditioned offices in Lagos, Port Harcot and Abuja; the most they do to protect themselves from possible sanction is to put the pre-qualifier word 'SUSPECTED' before herdsmen, when publishing their stories; you never hear of any follow up concerning the true identities of the real killers - meanwhile, Nigerians are carelessly and conveniently being led to be believe almost all killings are attributable to Fulani herdsmen - whether true or not.

1 Like

Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by gaetano: 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Investigative journalism my foot: where media houses often relay reports based on stereotypes and mere assumptions, from their comfortable air conditioned offices in Lagos, Port Harcot and Abuja; the most they do to protect themselves from possible sanction is to put the pre-qualifier word 'SUSPECTED' before herdsmen, when publishing their stories; you never hear of any follow up concerning the true identities of the real killers - meanwhile, Nigerians are carelessly and conveniently being led to be believe almost all killings are attributable to Fulani herdsmen - whether true or not.

Blah blah blah... Fulani are a threat to national security and they must be dealt with accordingly.
Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by Prompto: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kachi’s father is a born known liar so every of your claim here is a lie too. I can vividly remember the time this foolish Kachi came on TV to claim Buhari perjure about his WAEC result which was in court back then now the case as been thrown out with Buhari winning re-election and the fool is still making a bigger fool of himself expecting only his foolish tribesmen n party loyalist to believe another dose of lies he as to tell.

Coitus:
I opened a thread earlier today in the politics section and while reading the comments I saw a short clip video posted about the RUGA brouhaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPcQNRjxUPg
the short clip

After watching the two minutes footage I had my hands in my mouth, like the Fulanization agenda is actually true and it's no joke. So I decided to go search for the full clip on YouTube and I saw a 30 minutes eye opening clip. What i was particularly annoyed about was that the Channels television presenter MOUPE was so partisan. She kept interrupting Dr. Katchy while he's dropping fact about foreigners occupying lands and killing Nigerians.

Channels television is gone, they are now biased, hiding the truth. It's pretty clear now the government has bought the channel. I've totally lost respect for MOUPE. Maybe when the chaos visits her village she'll drop the nonsense partisanship. I'm pissed angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZN1jWNvb2w
here's the full clip of the interview on channels TV
Re: Ruga: Moupe And Channels Television Are A Huge Disgrace To Nigeria Jornalism by Tecno66: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2019
amc:

You have a short memory or total loss.

Say what you like but anyone with unbiased mind will agree that some of the things that we experience in this government are undemocratic. For example, the courts have given judgements that certain people be released from detention but they are still in prison. I don't have any history of Jonathan not complying with court orders. As a nation, we have even moved beyond Jonathan. Jonathan was replaced by Buhari for the nation to move forward. We expect better things than the Jonathan era not to begin to see things that are reminiscent of military era. I pray that God will help us as a nation not read politics into everything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele: Bandits, Terrorists Cause Of Nigeria’s Inflation / Remi Tinubu Launches ₦‎950 Million Elderly Support Scheme In Lagos / Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.