Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. (7025 Views)

Igbos Making Waves Globally, Hated In Their Country / Igbos Are The Reason Nigerians Are Hated All Over The World – Aye Dee / Why Buhari, Osinbajo Are Hated By Some Nigerians – Lauretta Onochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Masterclass32: 7:20am On May 21, 2017
It is really sad that the West—Barack Obama,
David Cameron, Germany, France
and off-course Nigerians mostly
the North and SW led by Tinubu -
elected a man whose past and
antecedents are well known.

Moreover, most Nigerians know
Buhari very well. His ethnic
prejudice and primordial policies
during his military regime in
1983/84 crippled the economy and
the country. This is an ex-military dictator whose unguarded
comments, unwise actions, lack of
communication skills and
leadership etiquette are nothing to
write about. So far, his two-year
presidency has been a complete disaster.

It’s really a shame of a nation
that formulates policies designed
to strangulate a potential region of
the country, a region that has the
capacity and wherewithal to
develop the entire country.

And so, why are Ndigbo hated in
Nigeria? I have written on this
topic few times in the past
including my piece titled: Why does
Biafra want separation from
Nigeria! Seven reasons (Part 1 &2), published by several Nigerian
online newspapers.

In the video that Femi Fani-Kayode
released recently, President
Muhammadu Buhari stated the
primary reason why the Hausa/
Fulani hate Igbos so much in
Nigeria. I have read a number of articles, few books and seen videos
on the so-called "Igbo coup" of
January 15, 1966, which off-course
has been debunked by a number of
writers and eye-witnesses. I’m
not going to dwell on the awful history of Nigeria’s military
period, but luckily we now know
why Ndigbo are deeply hated in
Nigeria.

Having known this, what are we
going to do to redeem our history
and reclaim our future in Nigeria?

Like the Jews, whom Igbos claim
affinity with, they were hated by
their neighbors – the Palestine,
Arabs, Europeans, etc. and
persecuted worldwide. Throughout
the history, we read how the Jews were persecuted, sent in bondage
because of whose they are and
who they claimed to be, in addition
to their disobedience and not
following the commandments of
God. Because of those reasons and others, the Jews always found
themselves in bondage or
enslaved...

We can count few nations in the
world that like the Jews. But they
have always overcome their
travails. Each time, they cried out
to God and a prophet will be sent
by God to deliver them.

By divine intervention and
providence, in 1948, the Jews
finally settled in a tiny Land in
Middle East, the size of Abia/Imo
State combined. Today, the Jews
literally control the globe with their ingenuity, innovation, and
creativity. The tiny country of
Israel, which has no natural
resources, is among the richest
nations and the third most
industrialized nation on the planet after USA and Japan. Its minimum
wage is higher than that of the
U.S... Their scientists, innovators,
writers, lawyers, entrepreneurs,
professors, etc. scatter the globe
and lead some of the prominent institutions in the world.

The Jews have learned to love and
care for one another again, which
was destroyed as a result of their
travails and history of persecution,
bondage and enslavement. Today,
a Jew cannot look away while another Jew is struggling or
suffering. They have re-established
their "beloved community" – no
fierce competition among
themselves, no greed, no jealousy,
no backbiting, none of that, but they work together to transcend
adversity and achieve common
success in all that they do and
touch.

That’s what Ndigbo need to learn
to do if they are ever going to
conquer the adversity and
pathological hatred against them
in Nigeria. It is going to take the
secret of the Jewish people and God’s divine intervention for
Igbos to survive in Nigeria.

Igbos are fiercely hated by Hausa-
Fulani and Yoruba tribes of Nigeria.
And that’s one of the major
reasons Nigeria cannot advance
beyond what it is today—
essentially a failed State, a corrupt, lawless and violent nation.

Despite her enormous human
capital and abundant natural
resources—a nation with so much
promise of prosperity and
greatness, today is a failed State
because of ethnic hatred, tribalism, and injustice against Igbos. The
Nigerian State sponsors ethnic and
religious massacre using Boko
haram and Fulani herdsmen as well
as military and political motivated
killings.

The barbaric, murderous state of
Nigeria is one the main reasons
several groups are agitating for
self-determination, which is an
international law. Some groups
seek restructuring, which the north views as division of the country.
Even though, the agitation for the
restoration of the sovereign State
of Biafra by IPOB is widely felt in
Nigeria and globally today, Niger
Delta, OPC, Middle Belt, etc. and other variant groups are calling for
restructuring or disintegration of
the country.

Most ethnic groups in Nigeria want
freedom and self-determination
from the corrupt and failing State
of Nigeria, which has been badly
managed by a clandestine elitist
group for their selfish and self- serving purposes. Moreover, the
deep seeded ethnic hatred, severe
suffering and marginalization and
numerous injustices against Ndigbo
by the Hausa-Fulani Caliphate and
Yoruba co-conspirators since the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914
cannot be healed overnight.

Continue here:
www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Masterweb/masterwebnews-20517-why-igbos-are-hated-nigeria-response-femi-fani-kayode-video-his-meeting-muhammad

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by youngest85(m): 7:21am On May 21, 2017
Who dare hate igbo?

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by DrGoodman: 7:22am On May 21, 2017
Its a lawless failed country. A country ruled by a foreign based sick man.

17 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by whitebeard(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2017
Who hate igbos..or it the Igbo's that hate Nigeria.!!

If u think we hate them come to computer village and see for yourself...

Stupid fellow wants to divide the nation even further just for fame..!!

My gf is even Igbo...niggas let's Bleep this nigga up

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by SIRmanjar(m): 7:33am On May 21, 2017
Well that's why I don't blame them for asking for a country of dia own..HATE dem or LOVE dem IBOS will Cause nigeriaz fall.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Nwodosis(m): 7:34am On May 21, 2017
Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by heykims(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2017
They hate themselves
Igbos have problems, they like craving for self pity.
I once worked in an institution, all the Igbos there behave alike in a very nauseating way and they all have this mentality of them being victims just because they work in d South west. Nobody likes them there not because of their ethnicity but the way they behave.
Op, the question is why do everybody dislike d Igbos. The north doesn't like them same with d South west, even my friends from d South south despise the Igbos too.
Igbos have a problem and the d problem is huge.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by sunnysunny69(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2017
Igbos are loved and welcomed everywhere but same cannot be said of them. Politically it's about getting the calculation right, they seems to be getting it wrong am sorry to say. The well to do Igbos with bigger and louder voice are more of pro Nigerian openly, the unknown ones are the ones championing their IPOB cause. How can you have the big big Igbo men investing billions into Nigerian and eyeing big positions then have the students, mechanics, traders here and there waving flags championing Biafra. One of the key to Israeli survival is because Israel trust no one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:36am On May 21, 2017
Ibos are hated because Ibos hate and demean other Nigerian tribes.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by AbakalikiPress: 7:39am On May 21, 2017
Abeg, there is no "loved" tribe in nigeria.

Is it the Hausas you call Aboki and dirty gworo chewers that you love, or is it the Yorubas whom you call Afonjas that you love?
Or is the Ijaws whom you call lazy womanizing and useless ogogoro drinkers? or the Edos whom you all generalize as witches, cultists and Ashawos? or the Benue Tivs and domas who are stupid and uneducated Fulani slaves.

We igbo should stoop with our perpetual victim mentality abeg. You can't hate everyone and expect to be loved in return.
Na juju?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by SuperS1Panther: 7:45am On May 21, 2017
Why does the Sons and Daughters of Hatred, Envy and Bitternes hate everybody and anybody?

You can not hate others and expect love in return. Rather you should expect greater hate

Are they hated by the Malaysian, Chinese, Indonesians, and Indians too?

Keep deceiving yourself with your usual line of "they are envious of us", "we are successful " -- when you are the ones that are envious of others successes, you are covetous of others God-given assets such as land and others are equally successful or more successful than the loud mouthed, chest beating king Kong Osus from the gully eroded dirty land of red mud.

They are always the neatest and others are dirty and yet the twin cesspit of Aba and Onitsha is in their despicable region.

They are hardworking and others are lazy and yet they are the ones being killed all over the world for various crimes and spoiling the good name of our country.

They help others to develop their region and yet theirs lies is desolate, underdeveloped, and practically uninhabitable for a sane human being.

They are rich and others are poor and yet they are not in top 5 richest people in Nigeria and you will never see other people running 100m dash in traffic to sell 1 Gala.

They are successful and others are not and yet others are not into crimes and criminal acts like them and they are more successful or equally as successful than them

They are envious of us and yet others do not call Enugu, Owerri, Awka etc no-man's land the way they call Lagos Abuja PH Kano London Beijing etc no man's land. Who will even lay claim to that backward, desolate and despicable land of red mud.

You hate everybody and everybody just equally hate you back in good measures. Writer get that into your hollow flat Osu head, look at yourself in the mirror and ask rhetorical question of ''why do they hate us, if truly they hate you like you believe.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Nkem4040: 7:45am On May 21, 2017
heykims:
[s]They hate themselves
Igbos have problems, they like craving for self pity.
I once worked in an institution, all the Igbos there behave alike in a very nauseating way and they all have this mentality of them being victims just because they work in d South west. Nobody likes them there not because of their ethnicity but the way they behave.
Op, the question is why do everybody dislike d Igbos. The north doesn't like them same with d South west, even my friends from d South south despise the Igbos too.
Igbos have a problem and the d problem is huge.[/s]

Afonja as expected

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:46am On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:

Afonja as expected

Osu don show face

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by tinkinjow: 7:46am On May 21, 2017
I'm a fan of the igbos for their community spirits and hustle.
Without meaning to generalize I don't think they come across as honest and I don't know if they really do maintain a friendship that's not without personal benefits and rewards. Probably the quest acquire wealth has distracted from certain values. This tend to make people look at them with suspicions.

Now if you are reading this don't get me wrong I'll rather be friends with them than some superiority claiming lots. And I have many of who are better friends than even my relatives.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by AbakalikiPress: 7:46am On May 21, 2017
Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Nkem4040: 7:47am On May 21, 2017
GioArmani:
[s]Ibos are hated because Ibos hate and demean other Nigerian tribes[/s].

Afonja and their divisive tendency. But the same Igbos want to go and form their own country so that all these hates will stop but you Afonjas say no. Lol...afonjas!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by AworiLagosian: 7:49am On May 21, 2017

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:49am On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:

Afonja and their divisive tendency. But the same Igbos want to go and form their own country so that all these hates will stop but you Afonjas say no. Lol...afonjas!

The power Afonjas have over osus must be hypnotic. We said no and you stayed put like a dog.
Am I right?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Nkem4040: 7:50am On May 21, 2017
GioArmani:

Osu don show face

Lol..Is that the worst Igbo picture you can find online to demean Igbos? Lol. Let me tell you something CONEHEAD, There is no Igbo picture you will find online that will ever surpass or come near to this Demola picture. Find me an Igbo picture that looks like these!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by SIRmanjar(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
Abeg, there is no "loved" tribe in nigeria.

Is it the Hausas you call Aboki and dirty gworo chewers that you love, or is it the Yorubas whom you call Afonjas that you love?
Or is the Ijaws whom you call lazy womanizing and useless ogogoro drinkers? or the Edos whom you all generalize as witches, cultists and Ashawos?

We igbo should stoop with our perpetual victim mentality abeg. You can't hate everyone and expect to be loved in return.
Na juju?
Don't be silly..when dem call ijaws ogogoro drinkers ad womanizers..Ijaws wey get the same struggle with ibos..Na we yorubas carry dem matter for head pass,so no chip ijaws in..Moreover na we yorubas dey call ijaws ogogoro lazy drunkz

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Nkem4040: 7:52am On May 21, 2017
AworiLagosian:

See this Potopoto boy

Afonjas and naked women are like five and six. Their bane of existence is naked women and women parts.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by AworiLagosian: 7:53am On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:

Lol..Is that the worst Igbo picture you can find online to demean Igbos? Lol. Let me tell you something CONEHEAD, There is no Igbo picture you will find online that will ever surpass or come near to this Demola picture. Find me and Igbo picture that looks like these!

hHHAHHAAH///

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:53am On May 21, 2017
Nkem4040:

Lol..Is that the worst Igbo picture you can find online to demean Igbos? Lol. Let me tell you something CONEHEAD, There is no Igbo picture you will find online that will ever surpass or come near to this Demola picture. Find me and Igbo picture that looks like these!

Are there "good" Ibo pictures online? I searched for Ibo and these kind of pictures come up, why?

27 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by beberebe: 7:53am On May 21, 2017
You can be whoever you want to be in Nigeria..... let my igbo brothers stop this blame game.

The population of Nigeria is a very big market for anybody to succeed and prosper..

Go to Aba today and see Northerners and Westerners moving locally produced goods to their regions without any hindrance of visa accessment.

Go to Nnewi and see the whole country patronising the Igbo's made goods....

Even the all country summon at Onitsha on daily basis to buy goods....

The business men knows this but it is the greedy politifians that always try to create problem....

Even go to Other states and see Igbo's doing their business and living well....

Go to places like Sabin gari, Lagos, sokoto and even akure and see Igbo's dominating the market and making their cool wealth.,while the ignoramus are everywhere on nairaland chanting marginilazation..

The Nigerian government have petronise Innoson IVM more then any automotive industry in Nigeria even when they know that they produce a better quality than IVM.

Even Aba local manufacturers have been largely petronised by Nigerian government more than any other west African country..

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by menxer: 7:54am On May 21, 2017
Every time I read a post like this I just SMH.

Respect, love, hate is reciprocal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:54am On May 21, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Don't be silly..when dem call ijaws ogogoro drinkers ad womanizers..Ijaws wey dem get the same struggle..Na we ibos carry dem matter for head pass no shift ijaws in.

Like this?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/659416_photo_3_JPG77df2e9960b7e1386479287e50597a62

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by blazetitov: 7:54am On May 21, 2017
whitebeard:
Who hate igbos..or it the Igbo's that hate Nigeria.!!

If u think we hate them come to computer village and see for yourself...

Stupid fellow wants to divide the nation even further just for fame..!!

My gf is even Igbo...niggas let's Bleep this nigga up

Thanks jare. The writer is clearly out of his mind.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by AworiLagosian: 7:55am On May 21, 2017
lwkmd!!!!!

Potopoto babes on FLEEK.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:56am On May 21, 2017
Why are Ibos hated all over the world?

Ibos representing us in Chinese Prison Cup 2017

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by CliffordOrji: 7:57am On May 21, 2017
We Igbos should tell ourselves the truth. We Igbos hate each other passionately. Just take a look at our ancestors in Igboland.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by Crystolexy: 7:58am On May 21, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Igbos are loved and welcomed everywhere but same cannot be said of them. Politically it's about getting the calculation right, they seems to be getting it wrong am sorry to say. The Igbos with bigger and louder voice are more of pro Nigerian openly, the unknown ones are the ones championing their IPOB cause.

You're making a mistake, Igbos are the only ones who embrace the one Nigeria scam brought upon us all that's why they go all out build there houses anywhere they are which other tribe does that?

Igbos are welcoming people and there are many other tribe living more peacefully in Igboland than Igbos are living in their land, yet the other tribe don't raise a block here because they aren't really into this one Nigeria as Igbos, we just recently started learning that its all scam and there's no real love for Igbos, I guess you haven't listened to that Audio bet one Mr. Kunle and Alhaji on plots to dismantle Igbo entirely but, God got our back..

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria - Dr. C. K. Ekeke. by GioArmani: 7:58am On May 21, 2017
Ibos like this young man package and send weapons of mass development to Thailand

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What EFCC Boss, Magu Did After Hearing Of DSS Boss Daura's Sack / Easter Celebration: Senate Adjourns Plenary By Three Weeks / IPOB: South Easterners Start Bringing Down The Nigerian Flag - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.