Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos (53071 Views)

5 Dead, 26 Rescued In Ochanja, Onitsha Market Building Collapse (Photos) / Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by mmadu5(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
who took that before picture should be arrested and questioned they know what happened

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by OneKinGuy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
From the building design, You can tell its a new building not more than 5 years old. That means it was poorly constructed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by BabaIbo: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80338535:

What an illiterate! cheesy wink
A shame to your owners!! grin

Dead rat BBQ seller, you have been released or it seems you have received your 30k allawee from your mentor

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by eddieguru(m): 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
Sad cry cry
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by Godyke(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Most people blame substandard materials as the main cause for incidence like this but fail to consider poor workmanship. There is no such thing as substandard materials, but poor application of the materials by not following the standard building procedures. These procedures may include load calculation, foundation designs and depth, reinforcement sizes, quantity and spacing and as well time allowed for concrete to cure in the case if decking. Concrete mix ratio could also be a factor which all amount to cutting corners.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by eddieguru(m): 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
mmadu5:
who took that before picture should be arrested and questioned they know what happened
how are you sure he hadn't taken it long before the house collapses
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by YoungLionken(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
Tina26:
always bashing women. Men no get bad character ba

I said"some"...
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by mediclife1987(m): 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80338269:
Disaster in waiting...

Even the blind could see..

Many of such buildings abound in the state we are presently.

God save Nigerians from quack Building Contractors!

Which state is that so I can avoid living there...
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by isaacsegun(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
the building collapse was due to structural failure. I can tell 100% failure of this building is as a result of poor design. Nigerians we like cutting corners... don't be surprise it may be ordinary bricklayer that handle the construction from substructure to super structure.

3 Likes

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by DirtyGold: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Actually, from the law of stability, the building is highly unstable. The centre of gravity is obviously too high and can easily lose stability.

What nonsense are you saying?
There are buildings far larger than this that are standing on pillars because the ground floor is a parking lot... how about that? What about buildings that are 100-storey tall? And to say you went ahead to try to defend your ignorance with zero substance on a public forum is really appalling to say the least.

Get some proper education dude... and quit advertising your lack of knowledge and understanding about technical matters before you do!

I can imagine you'll be pissed by this and want to respond. Please, humour me and include your definition of "law of stability". Thank you

What's tha business?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by mmadu5(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
eddieguru:
how are you sure he hadn't taken it long before the house collapses

Excatly and why though

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by elRamani(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
hh
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by lawflec(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
This is why I am always SCARED whenever I am at Western building in ikoyi. 16 floors
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by eddieguru(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
mmadu5:

Excatly and why though
do you expect me to answer that
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by 9jaRealist: 12:04am On Jul 17, 2019
YoungLionken:
Fine outside, ugly inside. Just like some ladies character...
Tina26:
always bashing women. Men no get bad character ba

Not entirely his fault as he is the product of the largely misogynistic culture that pervades Nigeria...
It takes truly intelligent and enlightened males to overcome such cultural disability, and the dude obviously isn't one. cheesy
>
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by OBIPLUS(m): 12:10am On Jul 17, 2019
That's a new building. God save us.
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by drealcivilceno(m): 12:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Godyke:
Most people blame substandard materials as the main cause for incidence like this but fail to consider poor workmanship. There is no such thing as substandard materials, but poor application of the materials by not following the standard building procedures. These procedures may include load calculation, foundation designs and depth, reinforcement sizes, quantity and spacing and as well time allowed for concrete to cure in the case if decking. Concrete mix ratio could also be a factor which all amount to cutting corners.
Look at that build and tel me it concrete mix ratio...
You don even go far... They might have use correct materials but formed it wrong...
Block whey suppose to be for partioning na him them used load carrying leave robust concrete column and slab...
That is what you get for employing roadside civil mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by drealcivilceno(m): 12:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Godyke:
Civil enginia spotted

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by TIGRITIS: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2019
DirtyGold:

There are buildings far larger than this that are standing on pillars because the ground floor is a parking lot... how about that? What about buildings that are 100-storey tall? And to say you went ahead to try to defend your ignorance with zero substance on a public forum is really appalling to say the least.

Get some proper education dude... and quit advertising your lack of knowledge and understanding about technical matters before you do!

I can imagine you'll be pissed by this and want to respond. Please, humour me and include your definition of "law of stability". Thank you

What's tha business?
I will just allow you to wallow in your "knowledge", I no fit shout.
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2019
We are in a country where no one checks the qualifications and experience of our Engrs today, quacks are now bn patronise to take up construction work without license from agencies that are meant to checkmate on their site experience, some may even deliver dirty job just to save some money from the work at the end substandard structure dat will not last a test of time.
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by sisisioge: 2:52am On Jul 17, 2019
Chai! We can already see the architectural faults! The building has no support!

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by SODbaba2(m): 3:17am On Jul 17, 2019
post=80338281:

So Apt!

shocked burj khalifa nko. Attribute it to materials, engineering errors/bricklayers error, or an earth tremor which obviously din occur
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by AgreatMan: 3:52am On Jul 17, 2019
aystunt:
you just talked rubbish. Don't tell me you are an engineer sha..

As I read that guy comment, na so I tear laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy

Law of stability. Centre of gravity grin

2 Likes

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by micxwell(m): 4:19am On Jul 17, 2019
HappyPagan:

In the land of the blind....
Lol, he metioned STABILITY and people started liking his comments. Funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by micxwell(m): 4:28am On Jul 17, 2019
drealcivilceno:

Look at that build and tel me it concrete mix ratio...
You don even go far... They might have use correct materials but formed it wrong...
Block whey suppose to be for partioning na him them used load carrying leave robust concrete column and slab...
That is what you get for employing roadside civil mechanic.
grin Lol. Wicked somebori.

1 Like

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by micxwell(m): 4:43am On Jul 17, 2019
AgreatMan:

As I read that guy comment, na so I tear laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy

Law of stability. Centre of gravity grin
I'm amazed at his confidence. He was so sure.cheesy. CG and STABILITY. I like his guts though.

2 Likes

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by Enyimbamercedes: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2019
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?

I tire for the theory o! Law of Stability. All the visual structural engineers who could determine the structural integrity of a building from a picture. Even worse was the Mai Suya who seconded his theory.

What would he say about the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Or Burj .

2 Likes

Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by AdemolaA2: 5:28am On Jul 17, 2019
AdeMavrodi:
Nigerian youths, spend more time reading foreign prints. Try New York Times,CNN,BBC. Read positive progressive news that can develop you. We have junk journalism here.

Of what correlation is what you wrote here to the piece of information passed here ?
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:15am On Jul 17, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Actually, from the law of stability, the building is highly unstable. The centre of gravity is obviously too high and can easily lose stability.

grin grin grin

Seriously, are you trolling?
Re: Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos by ITbomb(m): 6:54am On Jul 17, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Higher than skyscrapers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants" / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.