Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash (633 Views)

Naija Latest Internet Money Making Based Site / Designing A Site With Php And Oracle Tutorial (Oracle 10G) / Help: Want Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by mutanbe: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hey peeps!
Please i need your help here,
I am building a site for a fashion line and i need to build sexy looking gallery into it without using flash,

Infact i am working with wordpress,

Does anybody know how to accomplish these with say Jquery, any suggestion of plugin that i can used would be appreciated,

I am looking at building something like this: http://www.tomford.com

Thanks
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by friendehis(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
Several tools are available. Try www.visuallightbox.com They have a free version that you can use

Try getting Microsoft Expression Studio if u can lay ur hands on them, it can be very useful
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by sayhi2ay(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2010
try featured content gallery, i prefer dynamic content gallery though
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by lojik(m): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
Does anybody know how to accomplish these with say Jquery

If you already know how to use jquery, why not follow the link below?

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=build+gallery+with+jquery&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ever heard of google?
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2010
Since you are working with Wordpress it should be a bit sane for you just go to Wordpress Codex page and browse for the function aspect that allows you to hook into gallery,i have created wordpress plugins before its just like normal webpages except with wordpress hooks and actions,

1.Keep all images in a folder let's say Gallery Folder

2.create a widget with html e.g a li with each holding images in them float all to the left also i recommend creating two folders thumb and main

3.use a php function to iterate the image folder or use glob and filter according to the extension

3.the glob should iterate the thumbs images that way it will add the thumb images to the img tag thru looping each of those images are enclosed in an anchor which links to the main pages.

4.use Lightbox and target your a element and you have your gallery

sorry would have posted codes here but nairaland eats my post so i dont post codes here again
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
http://boomeranginc.biz/gallery.php?category=Shirt%20Suit
i did this for my aunt though it's quite long check it
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by Enquirer: 4:15am On Nov 01, 2010
Talking about plugins, have you tried Nextgen gallery? Just go to the wordpress and download the plugin. I think it will give you the lightbox or thickbox effect.
Re: I Need Help!want To Create A Gallery Based Site With Out Flash by chazy(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2010
check http://www.lacuisineexotique.com/cuisine.html if u would like me to send you the script and j-query file, let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Connect With The Manager Of Nairaland? / What Is Bad In This Site / Website Creation Made Easy And Cheaper!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.