Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) (26920 Views)

Ecovangel Buys A House In US (Photos) / Jay Gunz Shot Dead In His Home In US (Photos) / Bassey Ekpeyong Marries Nadia Ann, His Girlfriend In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
dayleke:

Go save $200k then. U no go pay uncle Sam?
lmao
help me ask them o
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Northeastern: 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ugosample:

but if you owe rent, you will also be thrown out

so what are we saying

you are living in the house and paying the mortgage as you would have paid rent if you were renting
so even if you default and was thrown out (God forbid, worst case scenario)
at least you were living in the house the whole time

Thrown out ke. If it comes to that, you can sell and pay the outstanding debt and keep the equity that you would have accumulated from the monthly payments. The foregoing is assuming the value of the house didn't fall and there is no mortgage crisis like we had in 2008.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
Northeastern:

Thrown out ke. If it comes to that, you can sell and pay the outstanding debt and keep the equity that you would have accumulated from the monthly payments. The foregoing is assuming the value of the house didn't fall and there is no mortgage crisis like we had in 2008.

I'm just saying that if you owe rent
you will be thrown out
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Lyns32uk(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
Mortgage
rawpadgin:
To buy a decent house in the state cost about 200 thousand dollars on the average.......

Thats about 70million naira..

Where this unknown Instagram comedian take make that amount?

Unless he is into drugs
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Yale9(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
Thank you

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by dannywest: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
They don't buy houses cash like us.

I know who owns a 200k CAD condo in canada, paid $9000 cash and pays $1,500 roughly per month on mortgage

rawpadgin:
To buy a decent house in the state cost about 200 thousand dollars on the average.......

Unless he is into drugs
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by bjbjbj: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
Na mortgage na. Him fit used thirty years take pay for the house. Everything for aboard na on credit.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Burgerlomo: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
Congratulations cool
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by salford1: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
dannywest:

I know who owns a 200k CAD condo in canada, paid $9000 cash and pays $1,500 roughly per month on mortgage

He probably paid 10k not 9k.
Minimum is 5% down payment with max 25 years amortization for Canada. Someone that paid minimum 5% would likely go the full amortization. Plus maybe $200 per month condo fees and $200 per month property tax. He is paying close to $1900/month.

Some do pay cash. It depends on your earning power and cutting your coat according to your size. I also have a friend that bought a condo cash for close to 200k. Saved that amount in 4 years. Saved himself years of monthly payment. If he had taken out a 25 years mortgage, he could have ended up paying close or more than double the cost of the condo.

That comedian could have bought his house cash. I dont know why some think he bought it on mortgage.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Larrykaysail(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
rawpadgin:

Unless he is into drugs
do they pay cash to buy house here , na u know where you see drugs, if person progress na problem... pls big up
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Larrykaysail(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
philip0906:

Whatever...Na him get house undecided
na so ,
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by hustla(m): 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
rawpadgin:

Unless he is into drugs

30 yr Mortgages ode -
Even 20 year kids can buy houses in Yankee abi u think say na ur f*cked up country e dey
So far ur credit is good and you have the downpayment and a decent job, u can buy

1 Like

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
Flier:
Ofcourse buying a house on mortgage is just like a death sentence
You go work till the return of Jesus Christ grin

Have you bought one before and you work till Jesus will return, why discourage people from something you might not know much?
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
martineverest:
mortgage

If mortgage was easy, everyone would have bought a house, so it takes someone blessed to even be on mortgage . . .Appreciate something good

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
Wow!!!
I love this guy's skits mehn
Nice one.
Congrats
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lawrry:
Na wa o,people wey I never know

What??
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by WiseStarr(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
he has money before fame,That's God working
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by augustab(f): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
Baroba:

More like na bank get house..no keep up repayment then you go know who get house..kudos to him all the same..
Hu told u its mortgage sef.
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by augustab(f): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2019
bjbjbj:
Na mortgage na. Him fit used thirty years take pay for the house. Everything for aboard na on credit.

Well said by our corresspondent in ketu
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by richard870(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ugosample:

that's not true

with a good credit score
And a few other factors right

getting a mortgage is VERY GOOD

Even those in Hollywood use mortgage even tho they can afford homes in cash

it frees up capital for other things

It's because Nigeria is a bastardised country for example

that is why the idea of mortgage may not go down with many there
It's so easy to spot an educated fellow. Thumbs up man!
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by OhiOfIhima: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
Northeastern:

InvertedHammer you say what?

So I live in an apartment where I pay 1500 dollars for rent per month, and I can take a mortgage of 300,000 and pay the same 1500 on the mortgage per month. After 30 years, I'll own the 300,000 home while I'll end up with nothing renting the apartment.

Can you please explain why you said mortgage is never good?

What will be d buyer's fate, if he/she didn't work for half a year or so.. I think, that is where the problem is. Nobody can foreseen the future.
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
dannywest:

You mean it was a 0% down payment, what province in Canada?
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by raumdeuter: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Flier:
Dont try it if you like yourself.Otherwise you will live to regret it
There is no sense in paying debt for 20-30 years,I mean till you are in late 50s
Mind you,if you don’t work for 3-4 months the house is gone
If you can’t afford it cash, don’t buy it

Less than 20% of AMericans can afford to buy their houses cash

If you say he shouldnt take mortgage to buy a house then where should he be living? The rent he is paying will be going to the landlord instead of going to his own property

1 Like

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
richard870:
It's so easy to spot an educated fellow. Thumbs up man!

thanks
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by harryjunior17(m): 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
He's a yahoo boy.. he's just using insta comedy to cover..
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Timi1990(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
Delightikechi:

Instagram comedian, Aphrican Ace, has been marked the latest Nigerian entertainer to own a house in the US.

Aphrican Ace shared a photo of his new property, sharing it he recalled how he was mocked when he bought a Range Rover in a rented apartment 2 years ago.

He wrote;

Everything happens in due time! I remember when I bought this car 2 years ago, some people said it's dumb to buy a range rover when you live in an apartment...which makes sense to a certain extent, but NEVER judge someone's decisions if you don't know their options! Anyways, 2 years later, I can finally park this Range Rover in front of my own Home! To God Be The Glory!! Don't let social media people rush you with their perceptions of how YOU should live YOUR life!

Read More: https://www.dib.com.ng/2019/07/nigerian-comedian-aphrican-ace-buys-a-house-in-us.html

It’s mortgage oooooo . He go Dey pay small small for 20 - 30yrs . Congrats to him
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Bbbwings: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

Foreclosed properties not up to that. Take note.
I thought foreclosed house means the house been repossessed by the lending bank that gave you a mortgage
Unless I'm missing something the house will still be sold at market prices for buying individual
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Bbbwings: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
Yale9:
Thank you
I Don repent
I no dey do yahoo again
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

Foreclosed properties not up to that. Take note.

Not all foreclosed, depends on the amount owed, locations and few other factors, the bank won;t just place a figure to run at a loss
Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by Mancala: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
Flier:
Smart guys don’t buy house abroad until they can afford it in cash

This is a common misconception. You can borrow money at current rates between 3-4% vs. stock market returns at approximately 7% over the last 30 years (S&P 500). Do the math, thats at least a 3-4% investment spread. It is financially smart to finance a purchase and invest your cash to yield higher returns. There are no prepayment penalties so you can pay off your mortgage anytime, doesnt have to be 30 years.

In Nigeria, when someone buys a 70 million Naira house, he/she is hailed and praised! We forget to ask where the money came from and if they have paid their fair share of taxes. Most of these folks are spending our common wealth. Wake up and smell the coffee, they are eatimg your dinner for lunch!

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by negbike(f): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
HATER spotted! First of all, 200k is on the very low end for an average house here in the states. Secondly, this young man has been working on his craft for years, hosting shows , weddings etc beside the Instagram videos . Also, he is very well educated with multiple degrees. Let's stop dimming other people's shine. Rather than celebrate a brother who is representing us well here, you relegate him to a drug pusher. May God grant you a new brain ode!

rawpadgin:

Unless he is into drugs

1 Like

Re: Comedian Aphrican Ace Buys A House In US (Photos) by francisduru: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
I love the house paint only

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funke Akindele And JJC Skillz Cover Today’s Woman Magazine / Seun Kuti Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today / Bovi Celebrates His 37th Birthday In Hilarious Ways With Basketmouth (pics, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.