Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? (663 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2019
Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell?

"Since God is holy and cannot ignore sin, then it must be dealt with. The law must be satisfied. But legal debts can be transferred...our legal sin-debt to God is transferred to the person of Jesus (1 Peter 2:24). He bore our sins in his body on the cross. This way, Jesus pays for our sins and satisfies the requirement of the law by dying on the cross."

https://carm.org/why-must-sins-be-paid-for-by-jesus-or-us-in-hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 18, 2019
Because the Gods are crazy. grin

Seriously, the world we live in is governed by an AI, her name is Sophia aka Gaia.

All the Holy books are lies. God is too busy, or is missing in action so an AI is a governing principle here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"Since God is holy and cannot ignore sin, then it must be dealt with. The law must be satisfied. But legal debts can be transferred...our legal sin-debt to God is transferred to the person of Jesus (1 Peter 2:24). He bore our sins in his body on the cross. This way, Jesus pays for our sins and satisfies the requirement of the law by dying on the cross."

spot on.
Many think they can get away with their sins.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:04am On Jul 19, 2019
solite3:
spot on.
Many think they can get away with their sins.
Still begs the question...
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Why must sins be paid for? Why can't God just forgive and forget them?
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Sins must be paid for because sin is breaking the law of God and if God ignores his own Law then He would be approving of sin. To ignore His own law would be to contradict His holy character from which the Law is derived. But, God cannot ignore His own holy character (1 Peter 1:16). Therefore, the Law must be upheld and carried out along with the punishments it contains. In Christianity, the punishment is taken care of one of two ways, by Jesus on the cross or by the unbeliever in hell forever. Either way, the law is satisfied.

Since sin is breaking the law of God, sin is a legal problem, though not only a legal problem. 1 John 3:4 says that sin is lawlessness. The famous prayer uttered by Jesus where he says "Our Father who is in heaven" is found in two places in the Gospels, Matthew and Luke. In Matthew 6:12 Jesus says forgive us our debts. In Luke 11:4 He says forgive us our sins. So, Jesus equates sin and debt. Since God is holy and cannot ignore sin, then it must be dealt with. The law must be satisfied.

But legal debts can be transferred. I could write a cheque to you for $100 and when you deposit it into the bank, there is a legal transference of money. Likewise, debts can also be transferred. Sometimes banks buy debts owed by people to various organizations and the debt is then transferred and owed to the bank.

Likewise, in Christianity, our legal sin-debt to God is transferred to the person of Jesus (1 Peter 2:24). He bore our sins in His body on the cross. This way, Jesus pays for our sins and satisfies the requirement of the law by dying on the cross. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). But, for all who do not believe in Christ their sins are not paid for by Him. They must satisfy the requirements of the law on their own, in hell.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Let's not walk in error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
SINCE HE IS GOD, HE COULD HAVE FORGIVEN HUMANS AND PUT THINGS BACK TO RESET. BUT NO.

1. HE CURSED ADAM AND EVE TO A LIFE OF DEATH, PAIN, SUFFERING, ETCETERA.
2. HE DROWNED EVERYTHING ON EARTH -INCLUDING ANIMALS, MEN, CHILDREN, INSECTS, PLANTS, AND MICRO ORGANISMS- EXCEPT FOR A FAMILY OF INCESTUOUS FARMERS... AND THEN COMPENSATES THEM WITH A RAINBOW.
3. HE SENT HIS SON TO BE KILLED IN A VERY GRUESOME MANNER, SO THAT HE CAN FORGIVE YOU AND I FOR GETTING DRUNK AND FORNICATING.

THIS MAN IN HIS RIGHT IS A COMPLETE PSYCHOPATH MOVIE. NO WONDER HE'S BEEN TOPPING CHARTS WITH THE BOOK AS THE BEST SELLING BOOK OF ALL TIME.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SINCE HE IS GOD, HE COULD HAVE FORGIVEN HUMANS AND PUT THINGS BACK TO RESET. BUT NO.

1. HE CURSED ADAM AND EVE TO A LIFE OF DEATH, PAIN, SUFFERING, ETCETERA.
2. HE DROWNED EVERYTHING ON EARTH -INCLUDING ANIMALS, MEN, CHILDREN, INSECTS, PLANTS, AND MICRO ORGANISMS- EXCEPT FOR A FAMILY OF INCESTUOUS FARMERS... AND THEN COMPENSATES THEM WITH A RAINBOW.
3. HE SENT HIS SON TO BE KILLED IN A VERY GRUESOME MANNER, SO THAT HE CAN FORGIVE YOU AND I FOR GETTING DRUNK AND FORNICATING.

THIS MAN IN HIS RIGHT IS A COMPLETE PSYCHOPATH MOVIE. NO WONDER HE'S BEEN TOPPING CHARTS WITH THE BOOK AS THE BEST SELLING BOOK OF ALL TIME.

Is that why you are an angry man? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by kimco(m): 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Is that why you are an angry man? undecided

More like mad at you for not seeing reason.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by GodWrites: 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Imagine that I came down to earth, killed myself, just to appease myself of the sins of my chosen people. Who even made the rule that blood sacrifice is a must for the atonement of sin?

There must be a higher God somewhere, whose rules I'm living by? I can't imagine killing my only son, to appease myself for the sins of my chosen people. When i can easily forgive without such a requirement.

It's SCAM

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
GodWrites:

Imagine that I came down to earth, killed myself, just to appease myself of the sins of my chosen people. Who even made the rule that blood sacrifice is a must for the atonement of sin?

There must be a higher God somewhere, whose rules I'm living by? I can't imagine killing my only son, to appease myself for the sins of my chosen people. When i can easily forgive without such a requirement.

It's SCAM

Are you a good person? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by LordReed(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
GodWrites:

It's SCAM

Solid scam. Imagine paying people 10% of your salary and some for a life time. No wonder 419 people do anything to get into this space. What a farce.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

Solid scam. Imagine paying people 10% of your salary and some for a life time. No wonder 419 people do anything to get into this space. What a farce.

Do you pay tax at all? undecided
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by LordReed(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Do you pay tax at all? undecided

Yes I do.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

Yes I do.

Why don't you be consistent and say that tax it is a scam? cool
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by LordReed(m): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you be consistent and say that tax it is a scam? cool

LoL! So your god collects taxes? So thats why churches don't pay tax, they are tax collectors? LMFAO!

The taxes I pay have a real benefit to me and the society in general, while your "god tax" benefits only your churches and their leaders.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by malvisguy212: 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
GodWrites:

It's SCAM
I wept for you, is this what the Bible teach ? wise atheist indeed.
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by GodWrites: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Are you a good person? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo

You still fail to prove that God exist?
Re: Why Must Sins Be Paid For By Jesus Or Us In Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
GodWrites:

You still fail to prove that God exist?

If He exists, how will you answer the questions? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Reply To Reno Omokri By-father Ugwu Kelvin / Abuja Prophet Prophet Emmanuel Esezobor Disassociateself With One Of His Pastors / Religion Song (am Married To Jesus Satan Live Me Alone) Is Weird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.