Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Did God Really Write The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Write The Bible? (9604 Views)

Write the Bible In Pigin English! / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Really Write The Bible? by uchae25: 4:07am On Oct 13, 2010
All my life I have never seen GOD, not to talk of GOD writing something.  If a man can say God inspired him to write the Bible, then I can say God inspired me to write this.  where is the proof that God wrote the bible, please tell me??  2. This is why Nigeria can't grow because we are still brain washed by the Europeans.

brought to you by http://wazobianigeria.com

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 13, 2010
Nobody ever said God wrote the Bible or any of the holy books
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Rhino3dm: 5:53am On Oct 13, 2010
I was told it was inspired by god? ? But my problem is the names of people that were inspired, date and locations of the writters i cant still figure out.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by poweredcom(m): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2010
THE KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE

The King james translation of the bible is considered the greatest piece of literatue in English.its language supposedly represent the ultimate in using the King English.Well Shakespeare language and the Bibles Language are on and the same.They say that from 1604 to 1611 King james got poets to translate,to write the Bible Well if Shakespeare existed he was then the top poet around,But Shakespeare is no where reported connected with the Bible.If he existed,why didnt King james use him? And if he did use him,why is it one of the world best kept secrets?
King James was Brillant and the greatest king ho ever sat on the British throne.Who else among royalty,in his time,would have had the giant talent to write Shakespeare works? It was he who poetically FIXED the BIBLE -which in itself and it present King James version has enslaved the world.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-517287.0.html#msg6817656
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2010
There are so many proofs that shows that the Bible was authored by God, but i would only state four of them that i can remember now(texting on mobile and cant do much researching).

Proof 1, the fulfilment of Bible prophesies. No human, however clever he is, can predict what will happen in the next one hour, talk less of the what will happen in next 30 days. The Bible predicted the fall of the Babylonian dynasty some 800 years ahead of time, even detailing precisely how the plans will be carried out and the name of the arrowhead of the medo-persian army that would launch the assualt as Cyrus the Great. This is in complete harmony with secular history.
Proof 2, the Bible was penned down by some 40 different men who lived over a period of 1600 years, yet the internal harmony of all parts of the Bible is striking. If you read through the Bible, you cant but notice its central theme which is the establishment of the Creator's rulership over his creations.

Proof 3, the candour of the men who penned down its wordings is not ordinary. Under normal circumstances, when writers write their books they often left out their errors and shortcomings, and promote their good side. The writers of the Bible admitted their own faults in their write-ups.

Lastly, the scientific accuracy of the Bible is further proof of its authorship by God. At a time when no one knew about microbes and the causes of diseases, the Bible contained instructions given to the ancient Israelites on how to prevent epidemics while the surrounding nations were using things like human waste as medication.

Only one person can have this kind of knowledge and that person is none other than the Omniscient himself.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 13, 2010
The 73 books of the bible were written by differant men over a long period of time under the guidance of the holy spirit.But the bible did not exist originally as one piece of book until the fourth century CE,when a group of catholic bishops in North Africa canonised 73 of the scriptures.That was how the bible came about,it was originally seperate piece of scriptures .

But I must ad that the 73 canonised books were not the only scriptures that was written ,some scriptures were lost over time while some scriptures were not canonised because the authourities then were not sure of their authenticity.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Kay17: 11:11am On Oct 13, 2010
Proof 1, the fulfilment of Bible prophesies. No human, however clever he is, can predict what will happen in the next one hour, talk less of the what will happen in next 30 days. The Bible predicted the fall of the Babylonian dynasty some 800 years ahead of time, even detailing precisely how the plans will be carried out and the name of the arrowhead of the medo-persian army that would launch the assualt as Cyrus the Great. This is in complete harmony with secular history.
Such prophecies can not be trusted. The book of Daniel was written 4 centuries after the events occurred. The writer must have helped himself with some history textbooks. vaticinia ex eventu or prophecies after the event.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2010
excanny:

There are so many proofs that shows that the Bible was authored by God, but i would only state four of them that i can remember now(texting on mobile and cant do much researching).

Proof 2, the Bible was penned down by some 40 different men who lived over a period of 1600 years, yet the internal harmony of all parts of the Bible is striking. If you read through the Bible, you cant but notice its central theme which is the establishment of the Creator's rulership over his creations.

Proof 3, the candour of the men who penned down its wordings is not ordinary. Under normal circumstances, when writers write their books they often left out their errors and shortcomings, and promote their good side. The writers of the Bible admitted their own faults in their write-ups.

Lastly, the scientific accuracy of the Bible is further proof of its authorship by God. At a time when no one knew about microbes and the causes of diseases, the Bible contained instructions given to the ancient Israelites on how to prevent epidemics while the surrounding nations were using things like human waste as medication.

Only one person can have this kind of knowledge and that person is none other than the Omniscient himself.

@excanny, well said.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit -- (2 Peter 1:21 The Evidence Bible).

Who wrote the Bible? When you write a letter, who writes it, is it the pen that wrote it?  The pen is just an instrument we use in writing letters, so God used men as instruments to write His Story (History) as a letter to us who would dare to read.  These men ranged from kings to fishermen, but the 66 books of the Bible (not 73 as some misguided folks will have you believe) were all given by inspiration of God.  Some where even inscribed by the finger of God Himself i.e. the Decalogue.  The proof, as excanny has said, that the Truth Book is supernatural can be seen with a study of its prophecies.

Therefore, it can be said that God wrote the Bible.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ Kay 17

Please i'll get back to you when i get home. i'm on mobile
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by nopuqeater: 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Poster and Olaadegbu: It can be said does not mean it is true. Just like it can be said that by Christian that Jesus is the maker of things. It is clear that such a statement is wrong, since Jesus himself was made. It can be said that by Christian that Jesus is Master of all. It is clear that such a statement is wrong, since Jesus himself said he is a servant sent by him Master. The Real and True Master of all.

It can be said that Jesus is the other Adam. But we know for certain that there is only one Adam, the first man, our father. How can Jesus be the other Adam, when he was never called Adam, and was not even called Emmanuel the name some die hard christians think was his. Jesus was the last man. He was not the last prophet.

It can be said that God is three. But we know that He is a Single Lord God. It can be said heaven is the abode of believers. But we know there are 7 heavens. So which one of the 7, when we know that Paradise is beyond heavens and it is the single abode of believers.

It can be said Olaadegbu is a smart man, a believer. The reality is at most, it is 50% wrong.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Poster and Olaadegbu: It can be said does not mean it is true. Just like it can be said that by Christian that Jesus is the maker of things. It is clear that such a statement is wrong, since Jesus himself was made. It can be said that by Christian that Jesus is Master of all. It is clear that such a statement is wrong, since Jesus himself said he is a servant sent by him Master. The Real and True Master of all.

It is said that the qur'an came down from allah as a book? What happened to the fragments of the Qur'an that was written on camel shoulder blades, tablets of stones, palm branches, pieces of boards and men's memories? (Sahih Bukhari Volume 6 Book 60, Number 201 and Vol.9 Bk. 89, No.301).

nopuqeater:

It can be said that Jesus is the other Adam. But we know for certain that there is only one Adam, the first man, our father. How can Jesus be the other Adam, when he was never called Adam, and was not even called Emmanuel the name some die hard christians think was his. Jesus was the last man. He was not the last prophet.

Are we now to trust the hadiths that recorded Mohammad saying that Adam was 90ft tall? (Bukhari, Vol.4. Bk.55, No.543).  shocked

nopuqeater:

It can be said that God is three. But we know that He is a Single Lord God. It can be said heaven is the abode of believers. But we know there are 7 heavens. So which one of the 7, when we know that Paradise is beyond heavens and it is the single abode of believers.

The God that I serve, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is One.  Christians believe in heaven as our destination when we leave this earth but Muslims look forward to their jana'at (paradise), so you agree that we are not heading for the same destination.

nopuqeater:

It can be said Olaadegbu is a smart man, a believer. The reality is at most, it is 50% wrong.

I believe you are also smart enough to know the difference between a book of fairy tales by the moonlight and a supernatural Book that reveals the rising of the Son who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, descended to hell to collect the keys of hell and death and ascended to the right hand of the Father.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by mazaje(m): 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
excanny:

The bible was authored by men and men alone just like any other book out there. . . . . .

Proof 1, the fulfilment of Bible prophesies. No human, however clever he is, can predict what will happen in the next one hour, talk less of the what will happen in next 30 days.

There are SO FAILED prophecies in the bible, many things that the God of the bible decreed will happen when the stories were written never happened. . . . .

The Bible predicted the fall of the Babylonian dynasty some 800 years ahead of time, even detailing precisely how the plans will be carried out and the name of the arrowhead of the medo-persian army that would launch the assualt as Cyrus the Great. This is in complete harmony with secular history.

The book of Daniel was written by 2 different authors, the first author wrote his part long after the events had occurred, its very easy to make prophecies after the events had taken place, no? The second part of the book of Daniel is filled with FAILED prophecies that never happened and will never happen. . . . . .

This is false because even the writers of the bible had very different idea of whom the God they were writing about is. . . . .The is little or no similarity between the violent and blood thirsty God of the OT and the subtle God of the New testament. . . . . .The morality and values of the God of the bible kept changing and the values and morals of the people kept evolving . . . .

There is NO scientific accuracy in the bible at all, if there is any pls bring it on lets examine and and compare it with what modern science says. . . .The same bible recommended the blood of doves and cure for leprosy, no? Do you liars ever read the bible at all, or do you just go about copying the apologies of people that are always untrue? What has thew bible got to say about microbes? Isn't it the same bible that says that evil spirits are responsible for seizures, blindness and diseases?. . . . . . .

A simple reading of the bible says that the God it talks about is NOT omniscient at all,there is NOTHING in the bible that could not have been written by humans, there is nothing in it that could not be written by primitive bronze age men. . . . . .
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Kay17: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Ola

If the Hadiths mention Adam was 90ft, will you still accept that the Bible's assertion, that Adam lived for over 500yrs?
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by mazaje(m): 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kay 17:

@Ola

If the Hadiths mention Adam was 90ft, will you still accept that the Bible's assertion, that Adam lived for over 500yrs?

The delusions of religion, he completely accepts the fables written in the bible that Adam lived for over 900 years but still has the guts to mock the Muslims for believing another fable that Adam was over 90ft tall. . . . .My religion story is right and every other one is false is the  name of the delusion. . . . .
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2010
The bible was authored by men
and men alone just like any
other book out there

I want to believe that you do not have a comprehension problem. Did i say that the Bible fell from the skies? I said it was penned down by 40 different men. The further proofs i gave showed they must have done so under divine inspiration.

There are SO FAILED prophecies
in the bible, many things that the
God of the bible decreed will
happen when the stories were
written never happened

That a prophesy has not happened does not imply that it's not true and will not happen.

This is false because even the
writers of the bible had very
different idea of whom the God
they were writing about
is. . . . .The is little or no similarity
between the violent and blood
thirsty God of the OT and the
subtle God of the New
testament. . . . . .The morality
and values of the God of the
bible kept changing and the
values and morals of the people
kept evolving

My friend, always read and comprehend before commenting. I said the theme of the Bible is the same from Genesis to Revelation.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2010
These men ranged from kings to fishermen, but the 66 books of the Bible (not 73 as some misguided folks will have you believe) were all given by inspiration of God. Some where even inscribed by the finger of God Himself i.e. the Decalogue. The proof, as excanny has said, that the Truth Book is supernatural can be seen with a study of its prophecies.

O ladeegbu the books of the bible are 73 not 66.Please stop telling lies.Criminals in the nineteenth century removed seven books from the original king James bible that had 73 books that were canonised by the synod of hippo in 393 CE

The book of Daniel was written by 2 different authors, the first author wrote his part long after the events had occurred, its very easy to make prophecies after the events had taken place, no? The second part of the book of Daniel is filled with FAILED prophecies that never happened and will never happen

This is a very fat lie .The book of daniel is one of the books that most succintly proves the efficacy of the powers of God.Daniel correctly predicted the rise and fall of Alexander the great as well as the desecration of the jewish temple by antiochus epiphanes centuries b4 it occurred.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kay 17:

@Ola

mazaje:

The delusions of religion, he completely accepts the fables written in the bible that Adam lived for over 900 years but still has the guts to mock the Muslims for believing another fable that Adam was over 90ft tall. . . . .My religion story is right and every other one is false is the name of the delusion. . . . .

Why would it be difficult for Adam to have lived more than 900 years? He actually lived 930 years because the conditions then were at their optimum for health unlike today when we have a high ultraviolet exposure, his exposure was low due to the water canopy that surrounded the earth before the flood and the nutritional value of foods was extremely high. Scientist "today are working on extending life spans by reducing ultraviolet exposure and to increase nutritional contents in foods" -- Richard Gunther.

Your evolutionary fairy tales are an insult to the intellectual minds. How can you say that the universe is as a result of a big bang, where did the material that produce the bang come from? Muslims are more sensible than you guys because they acknowledge that they did not create themselves.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
chukwudi44:

O ladeegbu the books of the bible are 73 not 66.Please stop telling lies.Criminals in the nineteenth century removed seven books from the original king James bible that had 73 books that were canonised by the synod of hippo in 393 CE

You are entitled to your Roman Catholic dogma, and this does not change the truth one bit.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by nopuqeater: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Olaadegbu: « #16 on: Today at 04:50:46 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Kay 17 on Today at 02:19:10 PM
@Ola

Quote from: mazaje on Today at 02:27:34 PM
The delusions of religion, he completely accepts the fables written in the bible that Adam lived for over 900 years but still has the guts to mock the Muslims for believing another fable that Adam was over 90ft tall. . . . .My religion story is right and every other one is false is the name of the delusion. . . . .

Why would it be difficult for Adam to have lived more than 900 years? He actually lived 930 years because the conditions then were at their optimum for health unlike today when we have a high ultraviolet exposure, his exposure was low due to the water canopy that surrounded the earth before the flood and the nutritional value of foods was extremely high. Scientist "today are working on extending life spans by reducing ultraviolet exposure and to increase nutritional contents in foods" -- Richard Gunther.

Your evolutionary fairy tales are an insult to the intellectual minds. How can you say that the universe is as a result of a big bang, where did the material that produce the bang come from? Muslims are more sensible than you guys because they acknowledge that they did not create themselves.[/Quote]If we apply the same idea in bold to the height of Adam, shall it behooves a normal mind that 90ft or higher with appropriate depth and width is impossible?

Let me leave that alone. Olaadegbu o. What height does the Bible record for Adam the first man? If the Bible is silent, then Hadith is more superior in reality. If the Bible says something about it, then the two will have to duke it out. We then have to look at other creations on earth at that time; dinosaurs, etc. Hadith shall win, hands down.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by nopuqeater: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Olaadegbu: « #10 on: Today at 02:01:09 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 12:50:22 PM

It is said that the qur'an came down from allah as a book? What happened to the fragments of the Qur'an that was written on camel shoulder blades, tablets of stones, palm branches, pieces of boards and men's memories? (Sahih Bukhari Volume 6 Book 60, Number 201 and Vol.9 Bk. 89, No.301).[/Quote]At time t, what was already revealed is a Book. When later in dt time something was revealed in addition what we now have is a Book. This was the condition until everything was revealed. Thats a Book.

Are we now to trust the hadiths that recorded Mohammad saying that Adam was 90ft tall? (Bukhari, Vol.4. Bk.55, No.543). Shocked[/Quote]While what I proposed above is not what you responded to, I will still answer your 90FT statement. If Muhammad (AS) said it I believe it. Further, if we look at the time and other animals on earth at that time, there is no doubt in my mind that Adam (AS) was not a man of average height of today, or a man we could even call today's giant. He must have to be a mega giant. 90FT, at least.

The God that I serve, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is One. Christians believe in heaven as our destination when we leave this earth but Muslims look forward to their jana'at (paradise), so you agree that we are not heading for the same destination.[/Quote]I serve a better God; The God of all. He was God before Adam. He will be God after all men. While your God start being a God from Abraham, and end up in Jacob and then become man to kill Himself, my God lives, always. He is the Provider of all. Your God discriminates. My God is not a tribal God. I do not want your heaven. My Paradise is forbidden to you.

I believe you are also smart enough to know the difference between a book of fairy tales by the moonlight and a supernatural Book that reveals the rising of the Son who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, descended to hell to collect the keys of hell and death and ascended to the right hand of the Father.[/Quote]If this does not fit Harry Potter's storyline, or plot, I dont know what fits. A sex craving God, doing it not in person, but as a ghost (ghost shadows). Producing a baby fighting in hell, when he cant fight on earth and get hooked on some kinda wood. Olaadegbu o. I am using your book. Perchance, you can wake up from your deep sea sleep/fishing.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Kay17: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2010
There are a lot of faults with the Book of Daniel. The writer made the blunder of saying Darius was the son of Xerxes!

The canopy of water is reminiscent of Babylonian story of creation

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enûma_Eliš
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by Kay17: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2010
If this does not fit Harry Potter's storyline,
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kay 17:

Such prophecies can not be trusted. The book of Daniel was written 4 centuries after the events occurred. The writer must have helped himself with some history textbooks. vaticinia ex eventu or prophecies after the event.

The prophesy in question that i referred to is to be found in the Book of Isaiah(Isaiah 13:19; 14:22,23; 44:27-45:2) I dont know what you have against the Book of Daniel, but i hope to tackle that soon.

What is the authenticity of the Book of Isaiah?

Archaelogical evidence such as Sennacherib's hexagonal prism on which he gives his own account of the siege of Jerusalem(Isa chapters 36, 37) is proof that it's genuine.

The heap of ruins of the uninhabited site of ancient Babylon-about 80 km south of Baghdad, Iraq also bears witness to the fulfillment of Isa 13:17-22. This is a living testimony that the Book of Isaiah is a book from God.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by mazaje(m): 2:06am On Oct 14, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

This man is completely lost in his delusions. . . . . . So there was some water canopy that was blocking the earth from ultraviolet exposure back in the days

excanny:

I want to believe that you do not have a comprehension problem. Did i say that the Bible fell from the skies? I said it was penned down by 40 different men. The further proofs i gave showed they must have done so under divine inspiration.

Aren't you just begging the question?. . . . .

That a prophesy has not happened does not imply that it's not true and will not happen.

Many prophesies in the bible were supposed to have happened to a particular group of people within a particular period but they never happened. Hence they are false. . . . .
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 5:27am On Oct 14, 2010
mazaje:

Many prophesies in the bible were supposed to have happened to a particular group of people within a particular period but they never happened. Hence they are false. . . . .

You mind being more specific. Let have the examples.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by lng: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2010
The words of the bible are inspired by God.   The Bible prophesised that the Jews will be scattered around the world and that they will also return to there homeland.  They were dispersed for over 1800 years and in 1948 they returned to their homeland.

Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."
Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2010
Fulfilled prophecies in the Bible.

Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by PastorAIO: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2010
This thread na real free for all. It has all the ingredients. Pentemorons, Catholics, Musulmen, and athiest. And they are all throwing blows at each other. Quite dizzying. I make quick my exit.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2010
Pastor AIO:

This thread na real free for all. It has all the ingredients. Pentemorons, Catholics, Musulmen, and athiest. And they are all throwing blows at each other. Quite dizzying. I make quick my exit.

Thanks for equally making your own contributions but you forgot to mention the cult you represent. undecided
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by excanny: 11:21am On Oct 14, 2010
Pastor AIO:

It's a free world, everyone is welcome to make their contributions. The only people who are not making their points clear at the moments are atheists. But i must remind you that the thread is about the authorship of the Bible. Just ignore the distractions.
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2010
mazaje:

This man is completely lost in his delusions.

The deluded is the one who simply hides his head in the sand thinking that no one sees his delusion.

mazaje:

So there was some water canopy that was blocking the earth from ultraviolet exposure back in the days

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters  And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. -- Gen.1:6

If atheists spent their time reading the Bible with an open mind they would save themselves of a lot of pain.

This is an exerpt from Bible scholars on the explanation of the firmament in verse 6

Genesis 1:6
1:6 firmament. The “firmament” is not a great vaulted dome in the sky, as liberals have interpreted it, but is simply the atmospheric expanse established between the waters above and below. The Hebrew word, raqiya, means “expanse” or perhaps better, “stretched-out thinness.” Since God specifically identified it with “Heaven,” it also can be understood simply as “space.” Thus, on the second day, God separated the primeval deep into two deeps, with a great space between. The waters below the space retained the elemental earth materials which would be utilized on the following day to form the land and its plant cover. The waters above the firmament had apparently been transformed into the vapor state in order to be separated from the heavier materials and elevated above the atmosphere, where it could serve as a thermal blanket for the earth’s future inhabitants.

Such a vapor canopy would undoubtedly have provided a highly efficient “greenhouse effect,” assuring a perennial spring-like climate for the entire earth. Water vapor both shields the earth against harmful radiations from space and also retains and spreads incoming solar heat. A vapor canopy would thus provide an ideal environment for abundant animal and plant life and for longevity and comfort in human life. Water vapor is invisible, and thus would be translucent, allowing the stars to be seen through it. This would not be the case with a liquid water or ice canopy.

So, it is up to you if you want to stick your head up and smell the coffee or remain buried in the sand like an ostrich. undecided
Re: Did God Really Write The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2010
Messianic Prophecies in the Bible Fulfilled

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and feet" (Psalm 22:16).

This reads as though it was dictated in the first person singular as Jesus hung on the cross, even though it was written 800 years earlier.  Let's pick just one of the phrases there: "they pierced my hands and my feet."  What makes this remarkable is that it was written by David 700 years before crucifixion was even invented!  The form of capital punishment in Israel used to be by stoning and not crucifixion.  Crucifixion was invented by the Persians about 90 B.C. and was adopted heavily by the Romans.  But here, 800 years before the fact, all of Psalm 22 graphically portays crucifixion.  In fact, there have been articles in the American Medical Association Journal based on Psalm 22 analysing the medical cause of death by crucifixion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Jesus Seen Live In St Paul Catholic Church In Benin / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.