Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,729 members, 7,844,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Thank You: President Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You: President Obasanjo (1526 Views)

Flashback:These Pictures Will Tell You President Buhari Needs To Buckle Up(pics) / Even With Immunity...we Will Get You - President Buhari Speaks On Lawlessness / Thank You President Gej. Congratulations To Gmb And Apc Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You: President Obasanjo by Bankole01(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2007
[b][/b]Personal View By Mobolaji Sanusi

IN eighteen days time, the second term of four years of President Olusegun Obasanjo’s tenure will expire. On that day, Umaru Yar’Adua, president-elect, will take over from Obasanjo who has been in charge of the nation’s affairs for eight years. Given the circumstances of his emergence in 1999 and considering his military background, it is clear that the man could not have performed better as a civilian president

President Obasanjo agreed to be President even when Aare M.K.O. Abiola’s mandate freely given by 14 million Nigerians was still subsisting. Obasanjo came out of prison thinking of how to rehabilitate himself but between Minna and Abuja, the decision was taken and the presidency was thrown on his laps. Unprepared,  he became president and the result is what we are thanking him for today.

In all democracies, the masses through whom majority of the electorate come from are kings. Their perception constitute the bulk of what is called public opinion which has not favoured Obasanjo

Government in serious democracies of the world treat matters concerning this class of people with all seriousness. This is not the case under the Obasanjo Presidency. Let us thank Obasanjo for having very little respect for the people of this country. If anyone is in doubt, the out-going adminis-tration’s anti-people’s reforms that aided a handful of industria-lists bore eloquent testimony to this fact.

Obasanjo is seen as a farmer of international repute. Even as president, he takes pride in telling people who care to listen that he would retire to his farm in Otta, Ogun state. May we hail this farmer of a president whose eight years of governance witnessed increasing prices of food stuffs and other agricultural products. The prices of a bag of rice, beans, garri and other staple food items have doubled now compared with the prices they were sold under immediate past administrations. Yet, those administrations were not headed by  farmers. Let there be ten gbosas for Obasanjo for achieving this feat for the country.

Petroleum products especially petrol, diesel and kerosene are items relied upon for industrial and domestic purposes. Their prices like that of a baloon kept blooming by the day without taking into cognisance the harsh realities of the Nigerian people. Electricity services have been more epileptic under this administration in eight years than what was met on ground. Obasanjo in eight years could not build a single refinery and shamefully, the country still rely on imported fuel to meet the fuel needs of its people. Let us all thank Obasanjo for this rare feat or was it reforms.
The greatest handiwork of President Obasanjo was noticeable in the area of politics.

As a retired general with no prior background in politics, the president has beaten the real politicians in their game. By the way he was brought to power, he was taught the art of winning-at-all-cost. Now, those who taught him and their accolytes are gnashing their teeth. Last month’s elections according to observers (both domestic and international) witnessed rigging, fraud and violence never contemplated in the anals of the nation’s history. Under Obasanjo presidency, added to the nation’s political lexicon is the politics of “do-or-die” which gives no reverence to the wishes of the electorate. Shall we all thank Obasanjo for achieving this feat.

On the international front, Kudos must be given to the president for mopping up our money to pay the nation’s foreign debts even at the expense of local contractors who are still being owed billions of naira. Many of the local contractors with verifiable claims have gone bankrupt due to inability to pay loans used to execute government contracts. I’m yet to feel the impact of the paid foreign debts when new ones are already being obtained. In this regard, let us thank Obasanjo for pandering to foreign dictates at the expense of welfare of his people in the home front.

In eight years of Obasanjo’s reign, Nigeria recorded great strides in international politics through deft diplomatic moves and involvements in signing peace to the continent of Africa and the world at large. His regime would forever be remembered for the activation of GSM phones in our country, though the financial commitments for the use of hand sets is killing Nigerians contrary to the situations in even smaller countries. Most roads are still in shambles all these years to the amazement of most Nigerians who hoped in 1999 that things would not be this bad by May 2007. Here we are lamenting.

On the corruption front, the reality is that the more this administration professes to be fighting the cankerworm, the more it continues to spread mostly among members of the ruling party. Apart from economic corruption, this administration has promoted political corruption to a level that might be difficult to surpass by successive administrations.

The eight years of President Obasanjo rule will forever be remembered for its arbitrariness and dictatorial tendencies which rates very high in the estimation of right thinking people.

At the local level, the question mark on President Obasanjo’s credential as a democrat is very big. We could not easily forget how he tore ballot papers for the election of new Olowu of Owu, Abeokuta in 2005 when his candidate lost in the elections decided by the King makers. Incidentally, his candidate, Adegboyega Dosunmu, who lost in that election, is forcefully enthroned as the Oba of Owu-Abeokuta today. Let us all hail Balogun Obasanjo, a “democrat” of note.

President Obasanjo has said that he has no regrets over all the actions taken while in office. A nation it is often said, gets the kind of leader it deserves.We can only hope for a better governed Nigeria as from May 29, 2007 when Obasanjo would hopefully have gone back to his Otta farm.

In view of the foregoing, lets give eight gbosas( one for each year of mis-rule) to the outgoing president and
EMPEROR for LIFE (People decimator party, PDP) gbosa! gbosa! gbosa! gbosa! gbosa! gbosa! gbosa! gbosa!
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by angel101(f): 2:06pm On May 11, 2007
what really excites me is the disgraceful exit he will forever be remembered for. if he still has dreams of becoming an international statesman, he had better wake up. he disgusts me!
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by OBJ3(m): 10:30am On May 12, 2007
nonsense. ingrates. get all the negative thoughts about the president. how about 1st civilian to civilian transition? how about payment of foreign debts and establishing financial credibility in foreign deals? how about keeping the military at bay? you guys will never see anything good.
no problem, OBJ is leaving, govern yourselves. history will judge.
IDIOTS angry angry angry angry
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:44am On May 12, 2007
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry @ O-B-J
i thing u are refering to youor self "IDIOT"

What about the Money that was suppose to be use for operation feed the nation  were is it
What about the money that was suppose to be use to bring GSM 1979  were is it Ask f FELA international thief, thief
What about the transcope share 
Alot of them
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by viee(f): 11:48am On May 12, 2007
help me ask oooooooo angry angry angry

hiss
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2007
Thank God for his mercy.

For us to have survived this Govt.

Hope he will live to regret all his action or inaction in Govt.

Bye bye to bad Govt.
Bye Bye to RedeRede.
Bye Bye to JatiJati.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 12, 2007
Larufa:

Thank God for his mercy.

For us to have survived this Govt.

Hope he will live to regret all his action or inaction in Govt.

Bye bye to bad Govt.
Bye Bye to RedeRede.
Bye Bye to JatiJati.

thank God we some people that think like Human beings NOT like O-B-J
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by viee(f): 12:10pm On May 12, 2007
abi ooooooo
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by docokwy(m): 12:25pm On May 12, 2007
[b]PRESIDENT-ELECT THANK 'U' SPEECH

Sank you, sank you, my pellow Naijurians por ze goodwill messages.

I want to sank you por not boting por me as fresident of ze Pederal
Refublic of Naijuria. But I received ze most imfortant botes prom
Fresident Obasanjo and INEC. Zis is why I have now been declared ze winner
of ze selections and ze fresident-elect of ze Pederal Refublic of Naijuria.
Nagode to Obasanjo and nagode to INEC, for zia beri beri imfortant
suffort.

Ze pirst task of my new gwament is to fray por feace and stability in
Naijuria. I will now ask all ze depeated fresidential candidates to join
me in a gwament of national unity. So I will bring back my priends like
Atiku, General Babangida and Buhari into my new gwament.

I sink Atiku will be good as ze new head of ze EFCC. Fresident Obasanjo
should not worry about my gwament frobing him, gaskiya, at least until
apter May 29. Babangida will be ze new minister por pinance, and Buhari
will be in charge of ze ministry of War Against Indiscifline.

My fipul, ze task bepore us is a great one, walahi talahi. I don't know
where to start, but I want to ashuwa you zat I will act in consultation
with all ze emirs and imams.

I am now going to Germany por treatment por exhaustion prom making zis
sfeech. I shall be back por ze swearing in ceremony, insha Allahu.

One Nigeria, one Fee-Di-Fee, Fower to ze fipul.

Musa yar'Adua [/b]
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by toshmann(m): 1:05pm On May 12, 2007
hahahahaha
aboki govt grin grin grin grin grin una sure say obasanjo no go better pass this one so? grin grin grin grin
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2007
For the marginal treatment he has meted out to us in the Nigeria, Obasanjo stands to face the judgement of his own conscience and of history.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by feelgood(m): 10:24pm On May 13, 2007
grin Docokwy you are impossible.
@other posters,
dont work yourselves up and get hypertension. Keep hope alive. Nigeria is on the march again.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by angel101(f): 2:45pm On May 14, 2007
O-B-J:

nonsense. ingrates. get all the negative thoughts about the president. how about 1st civilian to civilian transition? how about payment of foreign debts and establishing financial credibility in foreign deals? how about keeping the military at bay? you guys will never see anything good.
no problem, OBJ is leaving, govern yourselves. history will judge.
IDIOTS angry angry angry angry

so bloody what?! is it not his job to do these and much more? ur retrogressive/apologetic mentality can only amuse right thinking people  angry
psycophants like u are the reason nigeria is where she is today.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by swing4real(m): 5:34pm On May 14, 2007
@O-B-J

Is that common thief OBJ ur dad? if so i am sorry for you
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:18am On May 15, 2007
swing4real:

@O-B-J

Is that common thief OBJ your dad? if so i am sorry for you

Abi woooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2007
OBJ did well in some issue but the main ones like security, electicity, employment,amenities are woeful, no functional refinery after 8 years of time wasting, merry go rouding, Niger Delta e.t.c
He just left leprosy and was treating ringworm like Yorubas would say.

May we never see this kind of visionless and purposeless leadership again. Come May 29 we will say good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by closetpervert(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2007
dayokanu:

OBJ did well in some issue but the main ones like security, electicity, employment,amenities are woeful, no functional refinery after 8 years of time wasting, merry go rouding, Niger Delta e.t.c
He just left leprosy and was treating ringworm like Yorubas would say.

May we never see this kind of visionless and purposeless leadership again. Come May 29 we will say good riddance to bad rubbish.

All these critics - what can you do if its you?

Maybe we should pray for the return of Abacha and the return of Babangida - Nigerians - pray - May Abacha come back to rule us - we beseech you O God, we want Babangida to come again , please God answer our prayer.

If OBJ hasnt done well, I bet all you people saying stuff against his government will come up and rule - people who cant even maintain a relationship talkless of ruling a country - stupid people - all they know is criticise.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2007

Maybe we should pray for the return of Abacha and the return of Babangida - Nigerians - pray - May Abacha come back to rule us - we beseech you O God, we want Babangida to come again , please God answer our prayer.

If OBJ hasnt done well, I bet all you people saying stuff against his government will come up and rule - people who can't even maintain a relationship talkless of ruling a country - stupid people - all they know is criticise

Well since you are a self acclaimed closet pervert there is little I can add to that.

The main problem I have with Abacha and Babangida were that they are military. They came into power illegally, they ruled illegally and even nursed the ambition to sit tight against public opinion.
In OBJ days we had the darkness worse than any regime before and what did OBJ do, He did the convinient thing: blame previous regimes after 8 years of his own failures.
In OBJ's time Niger-Delta kidnapping got to new height and what did OBJ do, He did the convinient thing: blame previous regimes after 8 years of his own failures.
During Abacha and Babangida we were ruled with fist of iron and we had a lot of killings. During OBJ military regime the same happened notably Mrs Funmilayo Kuti by unknown soldiers. And when OBJ came as a civilian we had a new version of it Harry Marshalls, Funsho Williams, Dikibo and most notably the Minister of Justice was killed and no solution

During Abacha  and IBB regime there was hopelessness people wanted to go travel at all cost. Now go to any embassy and see crowd even Azerbaijan not to talk of numerous youths in the Sahara desert on their way to Europe because the situation at home is hopeless. No wonder some people would run to better run societies after enjoying the infrastructure there they would sit at their computer, Belch loudly and start typing nonsense that the people in Nigeria should persevere. Why dont they come back to Naija stay permanently and join the perseverance.

IBB after years of suffering still wanted to rule indefinitely he cancelled all the elections in order to sit tight but because of the grace of God and the outcry of the people, He stepped aside.  Abacha despite the hardship wanted to rule on. He created 5 parties and they all nominated him as their presidential candidate (comedy at its best). But for the will of God and fate. He died doing what he knows to do best.
OBJ despite the suffering and Hardship combined together he attempted to amend the constitution to allow him run for an illegal third term Shared a lot of money, fought with everyone who told him to reason but God once again came in and the corrupt senators for once reasoned well and threw the plan/agenda out.

OBJ failed woefully and did the normal thing i.e blame people and circumstances for his failures as if he did not know people would always deter you and circumstances might never favour you.
Just imagine a scenario where Yar'Adua comes after 8 years and says he did not fix electricity and other things because he does not know that there are people and circumstances he did not forsee. Then why did he bother to contest for presidency.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by closetpervert(m): 3:40pm On May 15, 2007
@dayokanu

I wonder which part of the world you write from ,

The same OBj came and in his time paid the debt amassed by the same Abacha and IBB's previous government, the same OBJ repartriated stolen money from the same Abacha's family - the same Abacha/IBB left the Niger Delata impoverished for years, the same Abacha that killed Saro Wiwa because he fought for the Ogoni people in the Niger Delata, the same Abacha/INN who surpressed the press, who killed the opposition, remember IBRU, remember Abraham Adesanya, remember Kudirat, remember dozens of people kiiled during Abacha/IBB period, remember the massive corruption in those years, those years when all you need is to become a governmor for two to three years and after that, you can then float an airline - remember Buba Maruwa - what are you talking about? Comparing Abacha/IBB to OBJ's government? Maybe if they have tried to pay our debt instead of stealing our money, maybe OBJ would have had enough money to do more things?? Where is the windfall during IBB's rule when America had operation desert storm in IRAQ and oil prices went up? Where is it?

The same Abacha whose security goons are still in jail/detention for crimes they committed? And you prefer them to OBJ?

May God raise him up in his grave and come back to rule Nigeria.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by toshmann(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2007
every problem in nigeria today can be associated with IBB. that bastard angry

I like OBJ for 4 reasons
1. he stopped IBB
2. he stopped ararume from being imo state governor
3. he destroyed the monolithic northern oligarchy
4. he annointed someone with the least stain of corruption in an overwhelmingly corrupt PDP

and to some extent, i like him for stopping atiku. but i didn't like his method of stopping atiku.

but there are many things he did which i hate
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2007
Did I ever in any part of my post say I prefer IBB and ABacha to OBJ
They are all evil and there no use chosing who is better between devil and Satan.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2007
On Behalf of the Odi community of Rivers State we say Thank you.
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 2:01pm On May 16, 2007
remember IBRU, remember Abraham Adesanya, remember Kudirat, remember dozens of people kiiled during Abacha/IBB period,

Yeah we remember Funsho Williams, Harry Mashalls, Dikibo and most notably Uncle Bola Ige
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by angel101(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2007
closetpervert:

If OBJ hasnt done well, I bet all you people saying stuff against his government will come up and rule - people who can't even maintain a relationship talkless of ruling a country - stupid people - all they know is criticise.

u are too funny. so because abach and babangida were tyrants we should accept the same tyrany in a democracy? what exactly is ur point?

P/S
has OBJ maintained a relationship so far even with his own children? no? i didnt think so!
Re: Thank You: President Obasanjo by angel101(f): 2:29pm On May 16, 2007
closetpervert:

@dayokanu

I wonder which part of the world you write from ,

The same OBj came and in his time paid the debt amassed by the same Abacha and IBB's previous government, the same OBJ repartriated stolen money from the same Abacha's family - the same Abacha/IBB left the Niger Delata impoverished for years, the same Abacha that killed Saro Wiwa because he fought for the Ogoni people in the Niger Delata, the same Abacha/INN who surpressed the press, who killed the opposition, remember IBRU, remember Abraham Adesanya, remember Kudirat, remember dozens of people kiiled during Abacha/IBB period, remember the massive corruption in those years, those years when all you need is to become a governmor for two to three years and after that, you can then float an airline - remember Buba Maruwa - what are you talking about? Comparing Abacha/IBB to OBJ's government? Maybe if they have tried to pay our debt instead of stealing our money, maybe OBJ would have had enough money to do more things?? Where is the windfall during IBB's rule when America had operation desert storm in IRAQ and oil prices went up? Where is it?

The same Abacha whose security goons are still in jail/detention for crimes they committed? And you prefer them to OBJ?

May God raise him up in his grave and come back to rule Nigeria.

the same OBJ that orderede the extermination of a whole community (ODI) not just Saro Wiwa?

the same debt ammased by abacha, babangida, buhari, shagari, and yes u guessed right OBJ himself also!

oh so Marwa floated an airline after serving as military administrators and OBJ's governors are honest and accountable? hmmm  

yes Abachas goons are still in jail/ detention for crimes they committed with the exception of his SON who OBJ cut a deal with! just out of curiosity, what exactly happened to the money mohamed returned to OBJ? in any case, the very fact that they have spent 8 years awaiting trail/in detention is testimony against the govt of OBJ!!

how about the oil boom in this OBJ's tenure? what has he done with it? and the money repartriated from the looters?

u are right maybe if they paid our debt instead of stealing our money OBJ will have more money to do more things e.g buy more transcorp shares maybe.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Extends Okiro’s Tenure / Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities / Ghana To Export Electricity To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.