Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities (1523 Views)

Police Stop Million Man March For Buhari In Kano / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March / APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2009
With what Nigerians witness in Ekiti state a few weeks back it is high time the political oppositon wake up and smell the coffee, we are no more in a military dictatorship. Yaradua and the PDP are increasingly by every passing second, minute, hour becoming a bigger despot than Abacha. The approval by the senate of the new CBN boss is a case to look at,  infact if this is the way the senate wants to conducts its business in future then we might as well disband it, since any decision made by the executive arm of goverment is going to be rubber stamped, I see no reason for duplication of duty. If one  were to consider the amount the country is shelling out for the upkeep of this senators, then it will not only be prudence in making such a decision it will also be wise.  This is inspite of the concerns of one of the senators over the composition of the president's economic team.

I now thought to myself how come we as a nation find ourselves in this kind of sitiuation, the checks and balances clause enshrined in our constitution on the face of it as noble and commendable as it might appear in principle has fallen flat in practise. The answer to this taught lies with the calibare of oppositon we have in the country. The level of opposition is in complete  shambles everyone wants to be the chief and no one wants to be the india. So what you get in goverment is PDP dictatorship. To the contrary I was quite impress by the opposition by one of the parties in lagos state this week. Fashola has done great things in lagos since moving into Alausa, but at the end of the day he is still a human being and we are all prone to mistake and complacency. The outburst  by one Mr Agbaje of the opposition party is quality oppositon, the country needs to see more of this kind of opposition, not just see, hear it loud and clear, opposition parties should  invite the media and call press confrences in a question and answer session it is within their remit and it is also enshrined in the constitution of Nigeria. What happened in lagos this week is what I call effective opposition Nigerians will like to see more of it.

And that brings us to the last paragrah and the theme of this thread. The whole essence of this thread is to arm the oppostion with the main tool and infact the most important tool for election victory. The tool being the electorate. We are the tool every one of us are the tools to effcet change what the opposition should do is plan, strategise and implement a victory formula, and it does not start 2 months to 2011 it starts now.

The Million man march[/color]  - [color=#000099]I love it when people mention the word million it raises and conjures in our minds something that is in excess of - What is in excess of what? I cant even tell nor answer that question myself,  but if you look at it in currency terms just the mention of say $1 million dollars or a million £1 pounds will start making some people's heart beat run riot, even a million Naira N1 Million might look small to some of us but you give that to a gateman or a Market woman selling pepper in Nigeria and you will see the diffrence. A million Zimbabwe dollars do you know why this news hit the stands all over the world,  that is because we as human we cannot fathom that some where in the world a million of its local currency will not be able to buy you a loaf of bread, if it were a case that $5 Zim dollars buy u a loaf of bread it would have been what I term a "a No news".  Have you ever imagine a million people come to visit you, even in a fortified castle if a million people are determined to gate crash they will succede nothing will stop them.

The oppostion should use our cities and towns to organise peaceful milion man marches just to remind the sitting state govenors or the president  as the case might be that we the people are the real rulers and you are our servants. Million is symbolic and figurative,  I know some people might be thinking in our town we are not more than 80,000,  if 20,000 people come out march then the objective has been acheived

Very Important: Now people have mobile phones, text message can be sent out to people in yourba, Igbo, Hausa, Edo, jukun,tiv,Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, kanuri, nupe. The message will be the same.

Spontanious Voting[/color] - Is a situation on the day of the election where a million ( million used here purely as a symbolic conotation) people comes out to vote at the same time at the same hour at the minute, the police, army, will be too scared to intimediate such a crowd . INEC will be damed to manipulate an election like that.

[color=#990000]Million man marches should be conducted regularly in our towns and cities from now to election day.

A food for thought for our opposition parties, I sign out now as I pass you the baton, for you to start the race to Aso rock, the race starts now tommorow might be too late.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2009
A Nation of Idiots !

"You wonder how a nation can continue to stomach the horrible things that assail it every day. How a people have become so helpless that they allow themselves to be bedraggled by less than 3,000 heartless men. Those who hold this country by the jugular are less than 3000 nationwide. All former political [mis]rulers and their collaborators. And the present crop of day light robbers who have infected Abuja with a plague"

This quotation was copied from our sister thread, the theme is the same, but what really needs to be done is the opposition should enlghting the masses about who the real masters are. Once the masses come to grips of how much power they possess the balance of power will change. Can you imagine a million people coming out in a show of strenght against Fashola over the Oshodi debacle, were people were displaced in the name of beautification of lagos state, the Governor will not have any other choice but to come out and make quick reccommendation on how this people will be compensated. How much more all those other governors who are not performing they will probably scale the fences of their respective goverment houses out of guilt thinking their already damned life was in danger.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
Irate Youths Attack Gov In Zaria

Even the Hausa / fulani are feeling the pinch, Now that the governor of cbn and the finance minister are from the same state there should be a steady stream of dollars into the black market and this should cool down some of this irate youths as that is one of the main grief they have against soludo.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by AjaraEwuro: 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2009
your topic is so baseless that only you contribute on it. How can you say Yar Adua is a worst despot than Abacha? You are a miser with the truth.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2009
your topic is so baseless that only you contribute on it. How can you say Yar Adua is a worst despot than Abacha? You are a miser with the truth.

Some topics are wake up calls. This topic dosent need any contributor, it is informative and I am sure you dont head an oppostion party, so basically it is not for you. Those that it concerns have taken note, you watch out what will happen in the weeks and months to come.

I once suggested that states need there own police force not too long ago, and what happend last week when the country was celebrating the 10 th year of democracy, fashola repeated the same thing. You will be amazed about the people that comes to this forum.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[
It is clear that the PDP Dictatorship is on panic mode, they had better because the people cannot take this shit anymore.

b]Plot to assassinate Tinubu: Lai Mohammed arrested
Written by Emma Nnadozie, Asst. Crime Editor
Saturday, March 28, 2009[/b]

LAGOS — Police authorities yesterday invited the National Chairman of Action Congress (AC), Chief Bisi Akande and the Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed for interrogation over their recent petition to President Umaru Musa Ya‘Adua alleging a plot to kill one of its leaders, Senator Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State

In reaction, the Action Congress alleged “brazen attempt to intimidate the opposition,” and added that “it is all part of the PDP’s plan to rig the forthcoming governorship re-run in Ekiti.”

The Action Congress scribe, Lai Mohammed told Vanguard on telephone yesterday morning that he would be honouring an invitation by the Police at Force Headquarters Annex, Moloney, Lagos, and later in the evening, past 5pm when Vanguard called him, he was still there.

“I am still being kept here,” he said at 5.15pm when Vanguard called him. He also said that AC National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande could not honour the Police invitation yesterday, but may do so today.

He said the Police invited him for questioning over the allegation that there was a plot to assassinate former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, and that he had told them he did not know which person o persons were behind the plot.

“I told them that I did not know who was behind the plot, and we need not wait till the unwanted happened before raising alarm. That was why we alerted the public,” he said.

On the possibility that he might be taken to Abuja for further interrogation on the matter, Alhaji Mohammed said: “Let them take me to Abuja, or wherever, it does not matter.”

However, Police sources said the AC chieftain was received at the office of the Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to the Inspector-General of Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police Sam Okaula where he was questioned.

Sources further said that the invitation of the AC chieftains was to enable Police get useful information that will enable them ascertain the veracity of their recent petition to the President on plots to assassinate Senator Tinubu so that they could begin investigation.

It was however gathered that since the Police could not get useful information from Mohammed, he may be flown to Loius Edet House, Police Headquarters, Abuja this morning to meet with the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Mike Okiro over the matter.

When Saturday Vanguard visited Force Headquarters Annex, Obalende, Lagos around 4.30pm, the party chieftains were seen inside the office of the PSO to the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sam Okaula with their lawyers. Efforts made to confirm the reason for their continued stay at the annex failed as none of the officers at the annex agreed to speak on the issue. They rather referred our reporter to the Force spokesman in Abuja. Concerted efforts made to reach the Police spokesman, ACP Emmanuel Ojukwu on phone also failed.

It’s part of plan to rig Ekiti re-run, AC alleges

However, the Action Congress has formally reacted to the detention of its spokesman, saying it is a brazen attempt at intimidating the opposition. In a statement by the party, AC said the police had invited its chairman and national publicity secretary, Chief Bisi Akande and Alhaji Lai Mohammed respectively, to share information with them (police) over the alleged plot to assassinate Tinubu.

“Though the duo were asked to report at the police headquarters in Abuja, they were later directed to report to the PSO of the Inspector General of Police in Lagos on Friday.

“When Alhaji Lai Mohammed inquired from a Commissioner of Police at the force headquarters, Mr. Ali Amodu, whether the directive issued to them to report in Lagos yesterday was a ploy to detain them over the weekend, the Commissioner assured the AC spokesman that the Police have no plan to detain them over a mere allegation. He said the AC officials were only needed to shed some light on the assassination allegation

“Though our chairman could not make it, Alhaji Lai Mohammed went to the IG’s PSO as scheduled, to share the information he has with them, but the police have been playing all sorts of tricks just to ensure that he is detained over the weekend.

“As at the time of issuing this statement, our spokesman has spent several hours at the Kam Salem House at Moloney, Lagos, without any indication that he will be allowed to go home.

“We condemn this brazen attempt to intimidate the opposition. We condemn the use of the police by the PDP-led federal government to score a cheap point. We say unequivocally that it is all part of the PDP’s plan to rig the forthcoming governorship re-run in Ekiti.

“We call for the immediate release of our spokesman, while putting on notice those bent on silencing the voice of the opposition that no amount of intimidation or harassment will cow us at the AC,’’ the party said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/28/306.html
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by AjaraEwuro: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2009
KnowAll.

I will slap u. U are misleading people o.

Lai Mohammed made an alarming accusation of some people wanting to kill AC leades and he was called for questioning and released. Why are you agnomerically illuminating a caricatural impropriety in a lacoonically lamponable manner?
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by SapeleGuy: 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2009
Somebody pass me a dictionary!
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2009
A March is a good idea. We need to start now working towards 2011.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by tpiah: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2009
roflmao!!!

Abacha where you dey? Trust naija!
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by IFELEKE(m): 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Lai Mohammed made an alarming accusation of some people wanting to kill AC leades and he was called for questioning and released. Why are you agnomerically illuminating a caricatural impropriety in a lacoonically lamponable manner?
Ajara!!!
Nah Okotie Church you dey go? grin

@Poster,
Your thread will make serious sense if you get your facts straight.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
Your thread will make serious sense if you get your facts straight.

In a war sitiuation you dont use the kindest language on your opponent, even in the west David Cameron use the strongest language possibe when describing  the incompetence of Gordon Brown's goverment, how much more in a wild wild west like naija. We are now in a democratic setting, if a goverment is not performing the people should be able to throw them out of power. The earlier the people recognise this the better. The million march is the first step.
Re: Count Down To 2011 - The Million Man March In Our Towns And Cities by KnowAll(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2009
Only 15% of Nigerians vote in a general elections. Out of this 15%, PDP has a fair share of 10% in which, 8 % of this 10% are made up of all types of ragamuffins and scallywags in uniforms known as the security operatives( Police, army, mobile police,) to Corrupt INEC Officials not forgetting the numerous area boys and agberos that make up the rest of the voters. Leaving the opposition with only 5%, of course the opposition has it fair share of area boys. Most ordinary folks in nigeria are oblivious of what is really going on the country. I was speaking to a market woman the other day in Ibadan about the smooth transfer of power from OBJ to Yaradua, when this woman told me Yaradua defeated OBJ in the election. I know for sure this is not an isolated case. There is very strong indication and evidence about 85% of Nigerians dont know what this new political dispensation is all about. It is assumed that 70% of people do no know that there is an election every 4 years. It is important that a massive re-orientation exercise of the masses about their political rights should be undertaken either by INEC(Which I doubt) or the opposition parties. The more enlighten the masses are about their rights and previledges the greater it will be for democracy.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana To Export Electricity To Nigeria / Rise And Fall Of The Most Wanted Bandit In The South East – Chuka Arum Ogbodo (n / There Is Hope For Nigeria If Other Governors Think Like This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.