Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,400 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Misunderstanding Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misunderstanding Jesus Christ (533 Views)

Abduction Of Kufar Girls: Misunderstanding Of Islam Or Sunnah Of The Prophet / The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Misunderstanding Jesus Christ by yommyuk: 5:34am On Oct 13, 2010
John 7:32-36
When the Pharisees heard that the crowds were whispering such things, they and the leading priests sent Temple guards to arrest Jesus. But Jesus told them, "I will be with you only a little longer. Then I will return to the one who sent me. You will search for me but not find me. And you cannot go where I am going"
The Jewish Leaders were puzzled by this statement. "Where is he planning to go?" they asked. " Is he thinking of leaving the country and going to the Jews in the other lands? Maybe he will even teach the Greeks! What does he mean when he says,'You will search for me but not find me,' and 'You cannot go where I am going'?"

Throughout John's Gospel, people encountering Jesus misunderstood him. Jesus hearers were divided over the question of Jesus' identity. when they preceived what he was really saying, some wanted to arrest him while others wanted to become his followers. Only later , when Jesus disciples had received the Holy Spirit that was promised in John 16:12-13, did they really understand his significance. This atitudes still exist today within the hearts of many so called athiest and unbelievers who try to use worldly theories and ideologies to discredit the relevance of Christ.

Such people still live in darkness and cannot understand the realities of life or of God that " The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it. (John 1:5). Divine revelation is inaccessible to the world of the unbeliever. In fact, when the light of God penetrates their darkness, exposing the ugliness of their heart, many of these people flee deeper into the darkness because they prefer it (Darkness) to the light.
In John 3:19-20, our Lord Jesus Christ  confrims this " And the judgement is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, of their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed".

In my last writeup, I said metaphorically  that Holiness has a "negative" side to it. The stance of the unbeliever affirms this preception. To draw nearer to God requires us to be holy because God is holy. In him there no unholiness. In essence "SIN". Who committed no sin: Jesus Christ, the image of the invisble God. The one who existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation.(Colossian 1:15). HALLELUYAH!

Only the transforming power of God's Spirit can provide understanding and help these people (atheist) see clearly as children of God.

Jesus Christ said in John 12:35-36 " My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going. Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light," HALLELUYAH!

Believers in Christ!  The woman of Samaria told Jesus CHrist " I Know the Messiah is coming, the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us. She did not know that the messiah she was expecting was talking to her face to face untill Jesus told her, " I AM THE MESSIAH!"

God bless wink
Re: Misunderstanding Jesus Christ by Masterpy1: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2016
Christ iS the living messiah

(1) (Reply)

What Is Good Worship / After Salvation What / Requirements For A Decision Of Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.