Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana (41805 Views)

Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu / Jude Ighalo Has Not Reversed His Decision To Retire / Yaya Toure Has Retired From Football - Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by KingsCity: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nigeria is too big to beg anyone!

Anyone that wants to retire should retire

We are ok without Emenike, we are ok without Moses, and will sure be ok without Ighalo
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Femeto: 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good for him.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Badonasty(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
Naijaalive:
Odion Ighalo has reportedly called it quits with the Super Eagles shortly after a successful campaign at AFCON 2019. The former Watford striker and Shanghai Shenhua striker is a strong contender for the Golden Boot award after scoring five goals in the tournament.

Renowned Sports journalist Osasuo and Brila FM are reporting that Ighalo agreed with Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr not to make a public statement before the third-place playoffs with Tunisia.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/odion-ighalo-has-retired-from-super-eagles.html

I like that...leave when the ovation is loudest
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Angelfrost(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Wise decision... From this point, it can only get worse. Law of diminishing returns.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Gforce2019: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
Ighalo odion, we will not miss you.
You are one of the worst striker Nigeria has produced.
Abeg , remember to drop all the super Eagle properties you have in your custody. And do ever come back again. Bunch of ill-luck In the team.
And again, what is Balogun waiting for in the team? And akpeye, and all the other unprofessional footballers we have in the national team?

Nigeria players can perform more than rubbish they display during both nations and world cup...
Rorh should be sacked . No renewal of contract.
He's one the worst technical adviser
Can you imagine substituting chikweze for Henry
Eediot

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by bizhop01: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Messi announced his retirement over 2 years ago but is still on pitch for argentina.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by bizhop01: 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Gforce2019:
Abeg , remember to drop all the super Eagle properties you have in your custody. And do ever come back again. Bunch of ill-luck In the team.
And again, what is Balogun waiting for in the team? And akpeye, and all the other unprofessional footballers we have in the national team?

Nigeria players can perform more than rubbish they display during both nations and world cup...
Eediot
Have You Kick Ball Before?

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by akintunde63: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Naijaalive:
Odion Ighalo has reportedly called it quits with the Super Eagles shortly after a successful campaign at AFCON 2019. The former Watford striker and Shanghai Shenhua striker is a strong contender for the Golden Boot award after scoring five goals in the tournament.

Renowned Sports journalist Osasuo and Brila FM are reporting that Ighalo agreed with Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr not to make a public statement before the third-place playoffs with Tunisia.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/odion-ighalo-has-retired-from-super-eagles.html

I really wish he would not quit now, but wait a little longer, but again, i know it's best to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest. It will be good to leave gallantly, with his shoulders high.
I wish Ighalo all the best in his future endeavours.
I'm sure English clubs will come knocking at his door very soon
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by SmartyPants(m): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
oloriooko:
Odion Ighalo is a highly successful football player who has carved out a niche for himself in the annals of national and international soccer. He rose from a very poor background and fought his way to the top of world football.
This is a player that rose through the English championship with Watford and gained promotion to the EPL courtesy his free goal scoring prowess. I personally salute another living legend and we are grateful for your selfless service to our nation and the world at large.
I wish him a successful retirement and a vibrant life after football.

I want to add that after watching him lead the under 20 side so many years ago now, i was very pleasantly surprised to see him make his way into the Super Eagles after some years, where he has etched his name into the annals of history.

3 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by cosef: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
If NFF is not employing super scouts to go around and look for strikers and attackers with flair then the NFF glass house has no business existing.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by samdigo90: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
thank God
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by femi4: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Saheed9:
pls which yekinni's record?
nations cup highest goal scorer with the same no of goals

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by nkemdi89(f): 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
Reminds me of garba lawal retirements on our 3rd place match with Senegal , where he scored the only goal that saw us winning the 3rd place. That day was a memorable in my life.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by raphy(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
I thought he is the next skipper.

Let him.win the golden boot and keep it at home to always remind him that he was a great tap in goal getter.

He was not a prolific scorer but a great tap in I say..

Well-done if the story is true sha..

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Starz825(m): 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
segebase:

Are you telling me his older than wizkid
Wat are u saying... Wizkid is older than musa grin
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by ceejay80s(m): 7:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hisstrength:

I have but no one wants to associate with a poor individual like me. I've been abandoned to my fate cry
U are a lair
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by chinchum(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
Freehuman:
He has equaled Rashidi Yekini's record. He did that last night after his goal.
how? Highest goal scorer in a nations cup?

He scored 15 goals in 34 games. that definitely is not Yekini's record. Yekini scored way more goals for SEagles than that, and i am also aware yekini scored 6 goals in 94 nations cup to end up as highest goal scorer

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Mryacks: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
segebase:
Good for him...ahmed must next but who is older between wizkid n Ahmed

It depends on who blow first. Shey that is is how it is in Naija grin

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Gforce2019: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
bizhop01:

Have You Kick Ball Before?

Slowpoke...I'm not a footballer. I have my own career.
In my chosen career I'm not a push-away both locally and internationally. If you know me you will not even ask me this stupid and dunce questions....I'm am heavily paid.

So, why would the country be spending her hard-earned money on some unprofessional players? It should not be so. We need world-class players who can compete and win a competition both local and international.
Discard them like a packet of biscuit and choose the best team who are ready to make Nigeria proud.

Do see any sense in my comments?

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Ade977: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
He made us proud.Ighalo thank you.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Samunique(m): 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Gforce2019:

Eediot
Yes we know your type, who never see anything good in others. undecided

No problem, just stay behind the keyboard and be forming Mr "know it all"why nobody actually knows you.

Meanwhile, these people you despise so much are well known stars � , if they cough in their bedrooms today the world will hear .

Continue wallowing in your hatred for others and remain in your obscurity !!!

It is bcs of people like you that make these boys retire prematurely from the national team.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by YungMillionaire: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
jieta:
ogu and balogun should follow suit.

Please leave my man John Ogu out of this. We have not even enjoyed more than 5 mins of his football and you want him to retire? You well so?
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
chinchum:
how? Highest goal scorer in a nations cup?

He scored 15 goals in 34 games. that definitely is not Yekini's record. Yekini scored way more goals for SEagles than that, and i am also aware yekini scored 6 goals in 94 nations cup to end up as highest goal scorer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/five-star-ighalo-equals-yekinis-record/amp/
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Mrjo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
segebase:
Good for him...ahmed must next but who is older between wizkid n Ahmed
Wizkid of course Musa wey never reached 26

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Gforce2019: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
Samunique:
Yes we know your type, who never see anything good in others. undecided

No problem, just stay behind the keyboard and be forming Mr "know it all"why nobody actually knows you.

Meanwhile, these people you despise so much are well known stars � , if they cough in their bedrooms today the world will hear .

Continue wallowing in your hatred for others and remain in your obscurity !!!

It is bcs of people like you that make these boys retire prematurely from the national team.

What's this mofo saying?
Abeg, Carry your incoherent comments commot for by face. Educated-illiterate
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by bizhop01: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
Gforce2019:

Slowpoke...I'm not a footballer. I have my own career.
In my chosen career I'm not a push-away both locally and internationally. If you know me you will not even ask me this stupid and dunce questions....I'm am heavily paid.

So, why would the country be spending her hard-earned money on some unprofessional players? It should not be so. We need world-class players who can compete and win a competition both local and international.
Discard them like a packet of biscuit and choose the best team who are ready to make Nigeria proud.

Do see any sense in my comments?

Maniac, not too late to start career in soccer so that you replace unprofessional players in nigeria national team,
Is true that people that know nothing about football always tell coach and players what to do in pitch.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by vroy(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
jieta:
ogu and balogun should follow suit.
Especially OGU na to dey dance d guy sabi
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by gebest: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
We reject it completely, we need u more now..

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by chinchum(m): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
Freehuman:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/five-star-ighalo-equals-yekinis-record/amp/
Oh i see, i was of the impression it was referring to total goals scored as a Super Eagles Player. Yekini actually scored 5 goals at Tunisia 94 and not 6 goals as i presumed

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Akujuriobi: 12:15am On Jul 19, 2019
Don't retire now because your service is still needed in the Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by nkemjacob2(m): 1:31am On Jul 19, 2019
All these lazy players undecided how is Messi and CR7. Yet they re still shining.

Congrate guys boys are ready to take ur position

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by YusufTheGreat: 2:55am On Jul 19, 2019
BomBellaBlog:
Well done!
At least you matched one of Yekini's records.
which is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo And Mr Ibu In Nnewi As FC Ifeanyiuba Partners West Ham UTD / Ahmed Musa's Move To Saudi Arabia Confirmed / Kanu Nwankwo Arrives Indonesia With Other EPL Legends (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.