Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,906 members, 7,956,412 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana (41979 Views)

Ighalo Has Nothing To Offer Super Eagles Again - Fashanu / Jude Ighalo Has Not Reversed His Decision To Retire / Yaya Toure Has Retired From Football - Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Soso990240(m): 3:41am On Jul 19, 2019
martineverest:
better replacement
Mark this page, u will still criticize Osimhen soon. If u understand soccer and African football, u will see dat Osimhen is not dat type of striker u think. He doesn't have dat pace, he can't even dribble pass a defender to shoot.. Yes he can position, but he is not a sharp shooter... I just pray he improves and matures with age. if not, Iheanacho or a home based striker will be our last resort. Simeon Nwankwo and Osimhen are same type of striker, long leg,no pace, no dribbling skills, just Short accuracy, positioning and height advantage.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Tell Akpeyi/Apeere To Retire
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Gforce2019: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
bizhop01:

Maniac, not too late to start career in soccer so that you replace unprofessional players in nigeria national team,
Is true that people that know nothing about football always tell coach and players what to do in pitch.

Baba e ni maniac. Omo oloshi .Omo buruku.. Ori e bi Ori awon oku Ni mortuary.
To ba kuro Ni wa'ju mi, Ara lo ma San pa e...

Enjoy yourself.... nothing do you.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by bizhop01: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Gforce2019:

Baba e ni maniac. Omo oloshi .Omo buruku.. Ori e bi Ori awon oku Ni mortuary.
To ba kuro Ni wa'ju mi, Ara lo ma San pa e...

Enjoy yourself.... nothing do you.
It All About You
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Gforce2019: 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
bizhop01:

It All About You

Not not about me. Don't deceive me. Its all about your wife and children.

Awon Omo e o Ni kuure. E ma so'ofo d'anu Ni o.
Omo iran-ki-iran. Ibon ma ba e Ni. Oloriburuku.

Take this and be blessed.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 20, 2019
chinchum:
Oh i see, i was of the impression it was referring to total goals scored as a Super Eagles Player. Yekini actually scored 5 goals at Tunisia 94 and not 6 goals as i presumed
Yeah. I knew you thought he scored 6.
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Favor99(m): 5:22am On Jul 20, 2019
akintunde63:

I really wish he would not quit now, but wait a little longer, but again, i know it's best to leave the stage when the ovation is loudest. It will be good to leave gallantly, with his shoulders high.
I wish Ighalo all the best in his future endeavours.
I'm sure English clubs will come knocking at his door very soon
It was the many Nigerians like you that made him quit. All the trolling to him and his family...

Nigeria: Ighalo Gives Reason for Quitting Super Eagles

By Emmanuel Okogba

Leading goal scorer at the ongoing African Cup of Nations, Odion Ighalo has called time on his international career with the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

He announced his retirement following Nigeria's third-place victory over Tunisia on Wednesday. He reportedly informed coach Gernot Rohr of his decision before leaving to join his club in China immediately after the game.

"He had discussed his decision with the coach before the third-place match, saying that the constant abuse was taking a toll on his young family but he was advised to keep it under wraps for the moment. After the game, he gave his jersey as a souvenir to the coach, said his goodbyes and left," a source stated.

He made 35 appearances for Nigeria, scoring 16 goals.

He was also top scorer through the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with seven goals.

VANGUARD

https://allafrica.com/stories/201907190047.html
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by Favor99(m): 5:25am On Jul 20, 2019
Soso990240:
Mark this page, u will still criticize Osimhen soon. If u understand soccer and African football, u will see dat Osimhen is not dat type of striker u think. He doesn't have dat pace, he can't even dribble pass a defender to shoot.. Yes he can position, but he is not a sharp shooter... I just pray he improves and matures with age. if not, Iheanacho or a home based striker will be our last resort. Simeon Nwankwo and Osimhen are same type of striker, long leg,no pace, no dribbling skills, just Short accuracy, positioning and height advantage.
Now that you guys forced and trolled Ighalo and Moses to retire, I hope you all are not trying to attack and troll the next Edo boy

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by romeojully: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2019
And app version of android 2018 will make sure it will run and up and running with no grievances from users. Instagram ++ apk, apps like download and download apk android are some of the references that are associated with it. Apps like jode++ android are also avialable. Tweakbox Android
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by manusiasalmon: 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
wow that's so amazing story dude!!! thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful story dude...
Fujitsu Scansnap iX1500 Driver
Re: Odion Ighalo Has Retired From International Football - Osasu Obayuwana by john180391: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Helps me to remember garba lawal retirements on our third spot coordinate with Senegal , where he scored the main objective that saw us winning the third spot. That day smadav 2021 was an essential in my life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afcon 2021: Nigeria Squad Numbers Revealed / Alexis Sanchez Signs For Manchester United / Fans React, Eden Hazard Misses Open Goal For Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.