Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home (63711 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In Edo After Her Husband Abandoned Her (Pix) / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by yincah38: 3:03am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:
My wife started behaving strangely immediately I lost my job in April 2017. She leaves home to her mum at the slightest disagreement without even communicating or making to express her feelings; and to worsen it, her mum gives her a great welcome with a room and parlour for her to stay, without even calling me to discuss what the problem. Whatever her daughter says is always the final, and she concludes on that.

My wife literarily destroyed my image before my in-laws to such an extent that I can't even visit them again. She tells them i insult her and her parents, and i make negative remarks about them, that i abuse her verbally at the slightest provocation. Several lies against me that I did not allow her travel out, I don't give her money, I told her not to have another kid, that I told her not to work, her mother has decided to keep her with her as I speak without even calling me to discuss, even despite all my appeals. She has been with her mum now for almost ten months(my wife is a fully grown legally married faithful woman of almost 40 years)

All these disrespect, probably cos I lost my job two years ago of which I fulfilled all responsibilities to the home. i don't drink, i don't smoke, don't womanise(even till now) I have never beaten her, I never another child out of my matrimonial home, and never impregnated another woman.

Rather than resolve her marital problem by discussing with her husband, she takes it to her family claiming emotional abuse. Fine, I agree I get provoked cos of her persistent shortcomings, and of course, frustration which leads to unguided vocal utterances towards her, but this could have been resolved easily without having to involve her whole family. Now what she keeps telling my family is that her family said she should still hold on at her mum's place. This is the 10th month since October 2018.

The last time my mum went to her mum's house precisely June last month, she was asked if she was still interested in her marriage, and she said yes, that she does not intend leaving her marriage; but we should give her time. Her mother practically told me to go and do something meaningful, and that there is time to marry, separate, reunite and hustle. Her mum is the one controlling her movements and everything about her for now; not even giving her room to give me audience.

Pls advise on what to do.

We are legally married.

Honestly, that's the reason i can't marry someone am so emotionally attracted to rather stay in love than fall in love .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by AreaFada2: 3:05am On Jul 19, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Honestly this is sad, from all your write up, the problem started when you lost your job, meaning all was fine before then,[b] meaning you enticed her with money [/b]when you both started dating, meaning there was never real love in the first place just love for material and financial gain, well,since she is still interested in the marriage, give her more time that she needs, do your part by calling and seeing her not just sending your mum to go there, make steps too towards getting her back cos it's obvious you both still want to be together, all the best.

P.S To all those guys that says "make money first then women will flow your way" this is the end result.

Did you say entice? How? Lots of women are just out there looking for "comfortable men" and economic security. Period.

How do you exactly know that a girl showering you with love is doing it for your money only? shocked shocked It could still be real. Even "genuine" women do not necessarily want to marry or date into poverty. Agreed genuine love is very scarce commodity now and we all know it.

Yes some settle for less comfortable men when panic sets in due to age/pressure to marry.

Women should try to be honest in cases like this. Its not about defending one's gender every time.

Look, if 60% of what OP said is true, the wife and the mother weighed up Op's economic situation leading up to the marriage. They never reckoned with losing his job one day.

Which serious mother encourages her daughter to stay away from her marital home when not under threat to her life and welfare?

From the way life currently is, every responsible man should try to be economically stable before marriage. Because let's face it, without a decent income only very few can find love and marriage to be relatively peaceful.

Unless Op is lying to us, the marriage has just experienced its first difficulty (money) and the wife is not there to stand by her hubby.

Look, a large number of women, both wives & gfs, begin to exhibit strange behaviours when money is tight. What you never knew they were capable of. Exceptions are VERY few.

Your other suggestions to give it a try is commendable BUT the marriage is not looking good long term. Because most marriages face several challenges. This is barely surviving the first major one.

Only the kid involved makes it worth trying to resuscitate, otherwise it's not looking great.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Xisnin(m): 3:08am On Jul 19, 2019
lefulefu:
babe go don already dey make plans to jakpa so dis advice wey u dey give op might not work. i just pray one malaysian bigboy with benz no dey d picture cos if one dey then all we need say is rest in peace in advance to d marriage.

For a 40 year old?
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Omega30(m): 3:09am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:
My wife started behaving strangely immediately I lost my job in April 2017. She leaves home to her mum at the slightest disagreement without even communicating or making to express her feelings; and to worsen it, her mum gives her a great welcome with a room and parlour for her to stay, without even calling me to discuss what the problem. Whatever her daughter says is always the final, and she concludes on that.

My wife literarily destroyed my image before my in-laws to such an extent that I can't even visit them again. She tells them i insult her and her parents, and i make negative remarks about them, that i abuse her verbally at the slightest provocation. Several lies against me that I did not allow her travel out, I don't give her money, I told her not to have another kid, that I told her not to work, her mother has decided to keep her with her as I speak without even calling me to discuss, even despite all my appeals. She has been with her mum now for almost ten months(my wife is a fully grown legally married faithful woman of almost 40 years)

All these disrespect, probably cos I lost my job two years ago of which I fulfilled all responsibilities to the home. i don't drink, i don't smoke, don't womanise(even till now) I have never beaten her, I never another child out of my matrimonial home, and never impregnated another woman.

Rather than resolve her marital problem by discussing with her husband, she takes it to her family claiming emotional abuse. Fine, I agree I get provoked cos of her persistent shortcomings, and of course, frustration which leads to unguided vocal utterances towards her, but this could have been resolved easily without having to involve her whole family. Now what she keeps telling my family is that her family said she should still hold on at her mum's place. This is the 10th month since October 2018.

The last time my mum went to her mum's house precisely June last month, she was asked if she was still interested in her marriage, and she said yes, that she does not intend leaving her marriage; but we should give her time. Her mother practically told me to go and do something meaningful, and that there is time to marry, separate, reunite and hustle. Her mum is the one controlling her movements and everything about her for now; not even giving her room to give me audience.

We are legally married.
. Sorry for that bro. Sometimes, I ask myself, should women of this generation deserve to be blessed with marriage or just made as baby factory? Guys who are yet to marry should take note that, “I love you, I miss you, I can't do without you, baby, boo, honey.....” can sustain a marriage for. 10years!! Women are naturally selfish, therefore as a guy man, don't be pressurized, deceived, coerced by society or friends into marriage, cos when the chips are down, you bear the brunt alone.
Ask yourself, do I need marriage to achieve my purpose? If yes, what kind of woman, do I need and where is she? Do every thing in your power to go get her, even if she is abroad, then u will find peace. Don't just marry someone because of time is going and suffer through marriage. This is painful.
Single guys ,this is a lesson for us. Most ladies are just there, when the goings is good. By God's grace, I am very successful, but I always appear broke to my girlfriends that some will start pitying me not knowing I am a millionaire. Some will say, ”A fine boy like you should not be trekking bla bla..” I will just laugh inside, las las , if it is a white woman that fit my destiny after having practised this method on her. Na she I go marry.
Guys, marry because of posterity not for now, don't marry a woman who can't add anything to the relationship except SEX. My two cents!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by gbagyiza: 3:11am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

The truth is, we only courted for like a year plus, so I did not see a lot of things about her mum, but till she left, she had always been a well brought up girl, an introvert, and extremely faithful.

If she has been brought up well, she could not have left you now. She could have stood by u in this time of your financial instability. U may be having little issues n quarrels but she will not move out of your house now that you r down financially. And you said she is faithful, I don't want to put fear in your heart but let me tell u d truth if care is not taking for her to stay that long out of her matrimonial home, she may cheat on you soon because she is now exposed to such n that may bring down the Union. I don't wish you that but may d Lord rescue your family n bring you guys back. Best wishes.
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Omega30(m): 3:23am On Jul 19, 2019
MyphoneandI:
The problem with a one sided story is that it may be true but it's never complete
Hmm, help us interview the wife for the complete story....
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Omega30(m): 3:35am On Jul 19, 2019
Mummymahdi:

No its not all women sir, i am married for 16yrs now, from d beginning my husband do reports me few times but i desist that a lot with time he understood
We can settle our differences on our own thats d foundation i laid and till today i have never ever him to my parent ever, i once reported him to his superior at work cos he is like a father to him but never to his own parents or mine, nothing kills marriage like exposing d weaknesses of ur spouse to ur own family. U didnt train ur wife not to include third party in running ur home. One thing i know for sure she still loves u, she hates whats she is doing when she is alone. She isnt responsible enough only u can correct her, go tru her real friend or keep meeting her, she needs direction and both of u will b ok
That shows, never marry an emotionally weak woman and hide money from a woman when dating and see if she can tolerate it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:52am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

We are legally married.
bros, forget about her for now, concentrate on your life, work hard and make meaningful impart for your self, She will shamefully return to you, just make sure you don't call or request her coming back, women are like shadow, when you go after it, it goes away, when you return, it follows you, after this, if she didn't come back home, she's not your wife. Get your self a good wife

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by favour32(m): 3:54am On Jul 19, 2019
My young man,self preservation is the first rule of survival.
(1)Make yourself happy as only you have the key.
(2)Regulate your emotions (love if someone loves you and do not love if someone do not love you)--apply Newton third law of motion.
(3)Try to be stable financially because it's the focal point.
(4)Go through as many people's opinions as possible and take the final decision about your life (first rule applies here).
(5)Do not try to be holy for anyone or to please the world.

WARNING:
No perfection,hence,do not expect from anybody.
Work only with those who are willing to work with you: money or no money.
Avoid emotional turbulence as much as possible because it's a silent killer.
You have got the best advice yourself because he who wears the shoe knows where it hurts.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by TheFacelessMan: 3:55am On Jul 19, 2019
Kendumazy:

Will you take my advice? Shit happens in this life. Not until, when you started seeing everything as risk which end result you can't predict, you will live life better. Forget about all the emotional abuse etc. As a man you have every right to verbally abuse her in as much as she is the one that triggers it and she seems never ready to stop. You can as well verbal abuse her. Na blood dey run in your vein too. The strength to keep been silent over verbal abuse from a second party is a gift. Not everyone is gifted in such area. The ability to settle every abuses in a relationship is what keep most marriages till date most especially the ones both parties contributed to the abuse. Your wife triggers your anger which made you reacted but she is not ready to look at things in that way that she is also the cause.
Bro, life isn't hard! In as much as her mum is alive, there's little or nothing you can do. She will continue to control her daughter. Do you know why the woman keeps doing that shit as well? Because, you too, you give her the chance.
See, ignore them. Work on your life. The little you have, Send your kid upkeep to her via bank account for record purposes. Don't dwell much on the nonsense they are doing. You have tried enough. Go out there and make yourself happy. Trust me, when they see that, you don't send them again. Your wife will gradually come back to her senses and probably start fighting for her freedom from her mother. In short, stop being a sissy!

I have read some overtly macho and at times childish advice to the OP.

I really like yours, it's respectful but at the same time a sit up call for the OP. Great job!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by yeyeosoronga: 4:00am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

The truth is, we only courted for like a year plus, so I did not see a lot of things about her mum,but till she left, she had always been a well brought up girl, an introvert, and extremely faithful.

You listed all your wife and mother-in-law's faults with great flourish, and just quickly, briefly mentioned your own faults of verbal and emotional abuse.
I'm sure she didnt lie on you that you've been insulting her and the family.
A man who has lost his job is very hard to live with as many start having insecurities and would lash out at those close to them.
Go work on your temper and look for a job. Let your wife be, allow her build her self esteem and worth you've destroyed with your mouth. The marriage is long gone

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 19, 2019
I am sure if Op wife comes here to tell her own side of the story we will hear an entirely different case.

Op what was the unrestrained vocal utterances you used against her? What else did you do to her that you haven't told us? She said you are emotionally abusive towards her so is that true?

I can't conclude without hearing your wife's side, sorry.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Samsonklin(m): 4:03am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

We are legally married.
Invest in Forex. I can help you
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by BYallthentic: 4:04am On Jul 19, 2019
Have the Courage to Leave the table if respect is no longer being served

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Damoche10: 4:10am On Jul 19, 2019
BYallthentic:
Have the Courage to Leave the table if respect is no longer being served

A word is enough for the wise

Honest truth you gave there.
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 19, 2019
I am going to be very honest of all abuses emotional abuse is the worst why because you have no idea of what you said or no concern of the other parties feelings. It doesn’t leave a scars no one knows you did it I know because I used to be one of those let me give it to you straight and sometimes words can slice like a knife. A Blameless love is always the best kind Of Love for marriages you both put the work in you both make efforts everyday. It took almost 5 years to get a good morning and for one year I literally had to talk to a wall and sometimes he would reply Bleep you and your family etc but at least I got it eventually sometimes I’d ask myself nawa o don’t other men treat me better but like I said dynamics of family and past experiences are hurdles we both have to jump through.

One thing stood out when I read your story you came from a broken home so meaning family dynamics were not the same. Her mother gave birth to her and will be there for her unconditionally that is why she is there not because she wants to spite you but because emotional abuse is a psychological weapon and you need to be around people that love you to get over it. You can talk about it freely because you haven’t experienced it and it’s one of the worst environments to raise children in because you can say anything just to gain cheap ego points.

She may come back but you have to learn how to communicate that’s the difference between marriage and fling a wife will help you through. I mailed someone’s cv and when they got the job years later they came to patronize my business to me that’s love... he called it a walking check meaning vex and go but what if I rejected him ? Guys stereotype that we are all interested in money but only a few know how to communicate effectively with their spouses. What if I verbally abused him to the point where he never believed in himself again and refused to contribute my ideas what will happen to his legacy?

Do what you can God does the rest. Work on your communication you don’t need baby mamas because more than one woman is setting your self up God wasn’t joking when he said 1 for 1.

Blessings

Sola Soul
Coming From A Place Of Love

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by mknigeriagreat: 4:19am On Jul 19, 2019
Marriage is a bit complicated it takes God, maturity and mutual love to manage. That said..

Click on my signature or profile for the sale of this beautiful machine. Peugeot 407 EW12 engine 6 gears. Car runs on 6.5litres for every 100km. Confirmed not theoretical. Friday bonus....

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by LOVEGINO(m): 4:21am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

We are legally married.
guy u don rest ooooo.
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Kirinwa: 4:24am On Jul 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you more spiritual than Oyakhilome?......

Is Oyakhilome not a human being? You should cite Jesus Christ.
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Kirinwa: 4:26am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

I did not entice her with money, I was working for a multinational and was also privilege to have my own home. I was just on the average earning about 80k, but living in my own house. Did not have a car when we got married

How long did you date before marriage and did you notice such traits? Love could be blind.
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 19, 2019
bad
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Passionate1(m): 4:31am On Jul 19, 2019
lilmax:
My wife started behaving strangely immediately I lost my job in April 2017.

yep I stopped reading at this point

divorce am immediately
No need for further discussion. . .D marriage na scam!
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by 4ckTOT0: 4:34am On Jul 19, 2019
this is a repeat copy and paste post na
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by biggie73(m): 4:44am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

We are legally married.
.....hustle more, ignore her Bleep-ups, then marry a well-trained lady....
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by obowunmi(m): 4:49am On Jul 19, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Honestly this is sad, from all your write up, the problem started when you lost your job, meaning all was fine before then, meaning you enticed her with money when you both started dating, meaning there was never real love in the first place just love for material and financial gain, well,since she is still interested in the marriage, give her more time that she needs, do your part by calling and seeing her not just sending your mum to go there, make steps too towards getting her back cos it's obvious you both still want to be together, all the best.

P.S To all those guys that says "make money first then women will flow your way" this is the end result.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by emkz: 5:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

Thank you emkz. I appreciate your advise. This is a real life experience and I'm currently in it. My phone number is in my signature for confirmation. However, my marital issue started like 10 months ago, so the level of traumatization should actually not affect my grammatical expressions. All in all, you are really appreciated.

Apologies bros for my apparent insensitivity. I have observed in this forum as self-consolidated devils masquerade as pastors, hoodwinking people with tales that are untrue. It is quite gratifying to note that a few people like you are honest.

Firstly, I am sorry that you are faced with this predicament. Truly, being hurt by the person you love can be beyond painful. Until you are in crisis, you won't know who your true friends are (including your wife). As things stand, that woman is not on your side. Yet, the responsibility to stay or leave is yours alone. Some pointers: do you wish to be with someone who would be there only for the goodies? Do you wish to be traumatized because you are in doubt that your wife genuinely loves you?

Secondly, bros, she left you even though it is temporary. Keep your dignity intact and don't ever beg her or send emmisaries to her again. She'd disrespect you even more. They are wired like so. Don't allow yourself to be used to inflate the zero self-esteem of a woman with low intelligence. Even though you don't have money, don't let anyone rob you of your dignty and self-esteem. I am not talking of how society thinks towards you, I am talking about how you think towards yourself. Once she said yes to you, she had to forsake her mother. It was you after God.

Lastly, high blood pressure and stress-induced ailments are deadly. They kill slowly. Take care of your health. If na love, I can tell you that love rests on a foundation of trust and mutual respect. Don't ever trade your peace of mind for someone who does not appreciate you. Don't even try to force someone to appreciate you. If they don't, take your efforts elsewhere. Don't ever show some women you can be vulnerable, until you meet the right woman. There is no coming back from there. Take this experience as a lesson and next time you are with a woman, let her be with you for the right reasons. Don't kowtow to this one.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by arrestdarrester: 5:05am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

She started teaching when I lost my job, but prior, she was operating a shop. I heard she is working for her aunt presently

Her aunt is the problem.

Go get a good job.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by gnykelly(m): 5:09am On Jul 19, 2019
joshepade:
This is a Generation of massive emasculation...Men are weakened on a daily basis.
This is a serious advice to single guys, I mean bachelors: IF YOU EVER MARRY A FEMINIST, YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO HAVE A MARITAL BLISS. Ask Adekunle Gold for details on this.
How is simi troubling him?
Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Ibk2048: 5:12am On Jul 19, 2019
Don't you think its better to remarry than loosing your life to a that don't worth it? If she comes back, I bet she's going to be bossy, autocratic and want to dominate every decisions. This from experience.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Kirinwa: 5:13am On Jul 19, 2019
Tunagee:

Wife's mum is a widow.

Am a christian, and not a benchwarmer.

Who knows the relationship between her Dad and Mum?

How did the Dad die? Maybe the mama wahala caused him HBP.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home by Ibk2048: 5:13am On Jul 19, 2019
Don't you think its better to remarry than loosing your life to a woman that don't worth it? If she comes back, I bet she's going to be bossy, autocratic and want to dominate every decisions. This from experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

I Became A "Baby Daddy" After My Dad Questioned My Ability To Impregnate Woman / Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up / Man Catches Wife Giving 5-year-old Son ‘Mouth Action’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.