Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

#mandeladay2019: How Madiba Would’ve Tackled Xenophobia In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #mandeladay2019: How Madiba Would’ve Tackled Xenophobia In South Africa (200 Views)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Victory For Atiku, Obi, Would’ve Retired Many APC Leaders — Garba Shehu / APC Would’ve Lost To Atiku If Osinbajo Got APC Ticket – Igbokwe Counters Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#mandeladay2019: How Madiba Would’ve Tackled Xenophobia In South Africa by chibuadanne: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nelson Mandela was known for his oratorical skills and ability to mobilize people by the power of his words throughout his lifetime.

This made his admirers in Nigeria and other African countries often speculate that if Madiba was alive and still the president of South Africa, he would have mobilized his people against xenophobic attacks on fellow Africans, especially Nigerians.

At least 118 Nigerians are said have been killed in different attacks over the years, 13 of which were by the South African Police.

After his release from the Victor Verster prison on February 11, 1990, and his subsequent emergence as President of South Africa, in public and private speeches, Mandela promoted peaceful coexistence among his people and unity of Africans in particular and humanity in general.

Madiba detested victimization on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion or sex, and fought these vices until he breath his last.

His words in the dock during his 1963 Rivonia Trial for alleged capital offences are proof that Mandela stood for fairness regardless of race.

“During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination.

READ MORE:https://thewhistler.ng/mandeladay2019-how-madiba-wouldve-tackled-xenophobia-in-south-africa/

(1) (Reply)

Modupeoluwa4@gmail.com / President Buhari Commends Air Force Man For Returning €37,000 / Ekiti PDP Media Group Slams Fayemi Over Fresh N5bn Loan, Says "He Plans To Mortg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.