Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria (1288 Views)

Houston Woman Divorces Her Brain Dead Husband, Then Adopts Him / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / Howard Sueing III Ekundayo: American Man Adopts Nigerian Wife’s Surname (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
British Columbia family finally able to bring adopted son to Canada

Published Friday, July 12, 2019 6:06PM PDT
Ben Miljure Reporter @CTV Vancouver

After a year-long ordeal that saw them living in five different countries, sometimes together and sometimes apart, a Fraser Valley family returned to Canada with the son they adopted in Nigeria.

They travelled to Nigeria last August 1, hoping to be home with their newly adopted son by his new mom's birthday on October 2. Clark and Kim Moran used a Canadian adoption agency and when they met two-year-old Ayo, they knew they wanted to give him a home and a new life in British Columbia.

The couple began the process to adopt Ayo child from Nigeria four years ago and, when they flew there last summer they expected it would take four months, max, to get Ayo home. Not a chance.

Nigeria has no Canadian immigration office, so after completing the paperwork for Ayo, which included giving him his new last name, the family travelled to Accra on the Ghanaian coast to process the final phase of paperwork there so that Ayo could come to Canada and become a Canadian citizen.

As well, Canadian government didn’t make it easy. Back in December, the federal government told the family a third-party had come forward, questioning the legitimacy of the adoption.

"That part was really challenging for us because they were making accusations of child trafficking," said Kim.

Living in Ghana at the time, the family eventually moved to Dubai, before spending the last three months in Amman, Jordan.

Kim received an email from the federal government only a few days ago saying Ayo’s Canadian citizenship had been approved, and the couple could bring their son home.

Instead of sharing the joyful news with relatives over the phone, the family hatched a better plan.

"We just thought, wouldn't it be fun if we could pull this off?" said Kim. "Nobody knows at this point, nobody knows that we're coming home so what if we just tried to surprise everyone."

And surprise them they did. Videos posted on social media show the ecstatic reactions of family and friends as the trio made the rounds to different houses after landing back on Canadian soil Monday.

"You could see that they really felt it. And they felt it because they've carried the weight of this whole thing with us," said Clark. "So to watch them experience it and to watch them express it was really quite special."

After a tumultuous year, the Moran family is ready to settle down at home in Abbotsford.

"We're looking forward to being a family," said Clark. "And doing some of those things that we've always kind of envisioned."

Sources:
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/abbotsford-family-finally-able-to-bring-adopted-son-to-canada-1.4506534

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/abbotsford-couples-long-wait-to-bring-adopted-son-home-from-nigeria-finally-over

Wonderful couple. You can see the love they have for Ayo. I'm happy for all of them. ♥

[img]https://postmediavancouversun2.files./2019/07/bc-lions-1.jpg?quality=55&strip=all&w=640[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Vikzz(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Make somebody come adopt me from this shithole
country angry grin

4 Likes

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Vikzz(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
Space
Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Solosolojohquay: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
See as God rewrite the pickin story this life self you no fit understand ha somebody the world rejected mama and papa reject am God give am better mama ,better papa in better country God only you can make the impossible possible turn my life around too for better rewrite my story for good I used this picking as my point of contact .

6 Likes

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by lilmax(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
how is this one my business?

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by chii8(f): 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
This pikin go enjoy ooo

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by royalads: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is how this little boy's destiny took a U-turn for the better. I'm so happy for the boy. I wish he grows up and takes advantage of all the opportunities his 'enlightened' society will avail him.

3 Likes

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by tobby20: 1:43am On Jul 19, 2019
Mehn they go regret later in future

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2019
Regret wetin?? Ayo is a child of destiny. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Skmoda360(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2019
tobby20:
See wicked soul talking trash.....that boy has a good destiny. undecided cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Obainoneandonly(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2019
the boy has escape this shithole and his future is as bright as the star. how I wish my ancestors knew better and allowed themselves be taking as slave back then,by now i would be somewhere in DC chilling with the trumps. only if they knew better
Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by peacengine(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2019
Whits no go gree make blak adopt their pikin, Africa Wey mumu
Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Phenomenal16(f): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lucky boy... Destiny child

2 Likes

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
tobby20:
Bad belle. They won't regret anything. He is such a beautiful, loving boy and has brought them nothing but joy. They are Pastors, so should anything arise they would know how to handle it.

royalads:
This is how this little boy's destiny took a U-turn for the better. I'm so happy for the boy. I wish he grows up and takes advantage of all the opportunities his 'enlightened' society will avail him.
I'm very happy for him too. Idk what happened to him in Nigeria, but I think he was abused and/or neglected. Idk how this couple found him - it can only be God! They will take good care of him. Yes, I believe he will.

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 4:41am On Jul 20, 2019
Lucky chap

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by Magnoliaa(f): 5:50am On Jul 25, 2019
I'm happy for him. smiley

1 Like

Re: Couple Adopts Son From Nigeria by mankettle(m): 7:03am On Jul 25, 2019
When Baba God answers prayer.. I am happy for Ayo.. Even when Federal Government( Civil servant wey dey find bribe) wanted to put sand sand for him story, Baba God answer am.
Ayo may you use this opportunity wisely and be great

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Name A Nairaland Person You Would Like To See Divorced Or Single / Missed Period And No Pregnancy / Relocation Sales...omole Phase 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.