Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua (4826 Views)

Katsina State: Good With Yar'adua, Very Good With Shema & Better With Nashuni / Hillary Clinton At War With Yar'adua And His Clowns / Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 2:40pm On May 11, 2007
Hopes of Nigerian officials and the intense lobby to have the President-elect, Umar Musa Yar’Adua to meet President George Bush before the May 29 inauguration has been dashed.

"The White House does not have a tradition of granting formal state audience to president-elects and this is no exception," was the terse response from the seat of American government which foreclosed a meeting between the US president and Yar’Adua.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2007/may/11/newsbreak%2011-05-2007-001.htm

The president (s)elect had hoped the Americans would rubber stamp their very corrupt and worst (s)elections in the history of the World. Only they didn't reckon with the American public opinion which the American president listens to intently, (unlike in Nigeria where the president have disdain and lack respect for their citizens)
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Mamajama(m): 2:43pm On May 11, 2007
NONSENSE, who cares if BUSH does not meet with YAR ADUA?
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

NONSENSE, who cares if BUSH does not meet with YAR ADUA?

Sorry man, I know this one realy ticks you off. You see not everyone condones official corruption!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by viee(f): 2:51pm On May 11, 2007
serves them right !
why does he have to travel all the way to meet Bush?
has he even gone round Nigeria to thank those that 'voted' him in? angry
he is seeking the support of the west ?
does he not ead the papers?listen to news?
does he think that the west is like Africa where the citizens are second class? 8 angry

the robot must have acted on the instructio of oga baba and PDP
he just dosnt seem to unserstand that despitethe fact that the west gets something from Nigeria, they will forever love to protect their 'good' image

the worst that can happen to any country is to leaders rulers that lack shame
of course that has remained the plight of Africans!

he should concentrate more on the home front!
gain more acceptance from his people than to begging for LOVE! angry
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by viee(f): 2:53pm On May 11, 2007
the French just elected their own president, is he globe-troting?
nonsense
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2007
viee:

the French just elected their own president, is he globe-troting?
nonsense

The word is ELECTED in the case of the French and most developed countries not SELECTED as is the fact in Nigeria
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by angel101(f): 3:10pm On May 11, 2007
for real? them never hala! (PDP) this is just the begining.
did someone ask y he hasnt gone and thanked those who voted him in? but he has, PDP and INEC!!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Beline(f): 3:14pm On May 11, 2007
US are up to something mark my word undecided
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by viee(f): 3:18pm On May 11, 2007
angel101:

did someone ask y he hasnt gone and thanked those who voted him in? but he has, PDP and INEC!!

Bankole01:

The word is ELECTED in the case of the French and most developed countries not SELECTED as is the fact in Nigeria

need we say more?
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by uchetobi(f): 5:01pm On May 11, 2007
who gives two about bush angry
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by GNature(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2007
According to reports, Bush was persuaded not to meet with Yar 'Adua due to the way our elections were conducted. Protestors were gearing up at the white house in the event that Bush met with Yar 'Adua.

But this doesn't mean the U.S. wouldn't support Yar 'Adua's presidency.

U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell as well as his Canadian and Japanese counterparts have all met and congratulated Yar 'Adua (at Aguda House, Aso Rock Villa) and pledged their support to his government.

Yar'Adua’s visit to Washington is stirring controversy as several opposition groups have called on President George Bush to bar him from the White House. They plan protests in all the cities he is likely to visit, such as New York, Washington, and California.

Regardless, U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, and his Canadian counterpart, David Angel, on Wednesday enlisted the support of their home governments for Yar’Adua when they visited him in Abuja.

And the Japanese ambassador joined the league of foreign missions which have endorsed his election.

Source:-

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=44&a=25762
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by McKren(m): 5:16pm On May 11, 2007
Whats all the fuss about?

Lets say hypothetically Bush decides never to meet Yaradua, will that translate into Yaradua having to stand down.

People do not even realise that if there is any world leader that will criticize Yaradua over his election, it wont be Bush. Reason being that his first term election to office was challenged at the Supreme court by Algol.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 11, 2007
Yar Adua has no shame. Why is he not touring the nation to visit the people who allegedly voted him into office? Is Bush and the Benin Republic more important that Nigerians he almost died to "serve"?

This is merely the case of a drowning man seeking the support of the west to rubber stamp his fraudulent election!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Afam(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2007
Bush was rigged into office and seems to the worst president ever rigged into office in the USA.

He lies and lot and is responsible for countless killings of innocent people based on an illegitimate war in Iraq.

He is a lame duck today and I wonder what or who adviced Yar'adua to even contemplate having a meeting with such a president.

I believe this is a wrong start for Yar'adua, I am really disappointed he should focus on making Nigeria better and leave these presidents that are ready to sell Nigeria if they have the opportunity.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by McKren(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2007
Truth
If Yaradua develops Nigeria, the so called world leaders will be seeking him. He should ignore the antics of the west.

On another hand, I don't know the veracity of this news or even when its true whether it translates into US developing a cold feet to yaradua because the US Ambasador to Nigeria has already met him.

China and Brazil has plegded to lead his innauguration.
So those who refuse to believe that Nigeria has a new leader are on their own.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by OmoEko1(f): 5:47pm On May 11, 2007
Who cares about Bush meat angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 5:54pm On May 11, 2007
viee:

serves them right !
why does he have to travel all the way to meet Bush?
has he even gone round Nigeria to thank those that 'voted' him in? angry
he is seeking the support of the west ?
does he not ead the papers?listen to news?
does he think that the west is like Africa where the citizens are second class? 8 angry

the robot must have acted on the instructio of oga baba and PDP
he just dosnt seem to unserstand that despitethe fact that the west gets something from Nigeria, they will forever love to protect their 'good' image

the worst that can happen to any country is to leaders rulers that lack shame
of course that has remained the plight of Africans!

he should concentrate more on the home front!
gain more acceptance from his people than to begging for LOVE! angry

Yeah correct word.Hope he gets himself together b4 May 29th.Wat is he really looking for self?Hes nt sworn in yet and hes touring the world.What happens when he is sworn in?When will African leaders grow up?Its a shame
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2007
McKren:

China and Brazil has plegded to lead his innauguration.
So those who refuse to believe that Nigeria has a new leader are on their own.

China will support any evil, this just another oppressive government trying to own the World right now. If the Nigerian leaders have any sense, they leave China out the affairs, before Nigeria becomes another Chinatown, flooded with cheap clothes, gadgets and food.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by DisGuy: 6:08pm On May 11, 2007
It's obvious Yaradua didnt plan this himself, the over sabi people in abuja must have planned it.

Blair will probably visit during his whirlwind tour cheesy
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2007
Before I forget, China will also flood Nigeria with millions of their people looking for land to settle.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Seun(m): 6:15pm On May 11, 2007
The official reason given by Bush is that Yar'adua is yet to be sworn in as the president. That's reasonable enough.
Once he is sworn in, Bush will meet with him. (Not that anything good for Nigeria will come out of their meeting.)
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by my2cents(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2007
Let's not forget, technically, Yar'adua is not yet President (hence "elect" in his title, for now). Once he is elected, if the US doesn't want to meet with him (though they will, considering our oil), then that's another matter. Though I don't pray for it, a lot could still happen b/w now and the 29th. Why risk meeting with someone who may not be the president on the 29th? At that point, should they receive 2, 3, etc other president-elects?

If the US has it in its rules not to meet a president-elect, then we should respect that, good or bad, and not bash them. Period!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by chiegemba(f): 6:17pm On May 11, 2007
would b waitin undecided maybe somethin good would "who knows"
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 6:17pm On May 11, 2007
I wonder oh.Its jst to come and steal our natural resources again
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Tornadoz(m): 6:19pm On May 11, 2007
Who cares if Bushmeat meets our president. To hell with war monger Bush, he has enough problem of his own.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2007
@my2cents. I think you mean select! not elect
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by fromuk(m): 6:22pm On May 11, 2007
Hang on a sec, didn't they at white hse tell him that Bush is not ready to meet him b4 he travel to US? oh another 8 yrs to go just like that. shame to us all.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Tornadoz(m): 6:23pm On May 11, 2007
We should be looking to China since America's power is coming to an end. In 15yrs China would take over as the leading industrialized nation. Time to brush up on my Mandarin, the language of the future.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by IykeD1(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2007
@bankole01

You must be living in a parallel universe to write this:

The president (s)elect had hoped the Americans would rubber stamp their very corrupt and worst (s)elections in the history of the World. Only they didn't reckon with the American public opinion which the American president listens to intently, (unlike in Nigeria where the president have disdain and lack respect for their citizens)

Majority of the American people wants their troops withdrawn from Iraq and the president's ego is too big to let him
back down. Take a quick poll of the American people and you will be dismayed to learn that a solid majority had no
clue whether an election was held in Nigeria or not or whether the outcome was flawed or not. Please don talk about
things you have no idea of.

Yar Adua is Nigeria's next president (you are still in denial) come May 29 and for all the electoral flaws, the world is very
glad (US including) that Nigeria is not boiling over this issue. Whether Bush sees him now or not is not important as he
will definitely see him when a proper state visit is scheduled post his inauguration. So that you know, that Bush may not
see him in public doesn't mean he won't see him in private or send a high emissary - you have no idea how these games
are played.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by my2cents(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2007
bankole,

true talk, i forgot about that tongue

tornadoz,

not that I support Bush, but letz stick to what the US policy says and not the person. Don't quickly jump on board the "war monger boat" on this issue. As Iyke-D has said, in so many words, politcs makes for strange bed fellows. He may be saying we won't meet with him in public but who knows if Yar'Adua isn't already in the white house as we speak and/or Yar'Adua hasn't already been called by Bush and told that he shouldn't take the press release as anything insulting to his person?
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 6:41pm On May 11, 2007
Iyke-D:

@bankole01

You must be living in a parallel universe to write this:

Majority of the American people wants their troops withdrawn from Iraq and the president's ego is too big to let him
back down. Take a quick poll of the American people and you will be dismayed to learn that a solid majority had no
clue whether an election was held in Nigeria or not or whether the outcome was flawed or not. Please don talk about
things you have no idea of.

Yar Adua is Nigeria's next president (you are still in denial)

Thank you for the abuse, I am not in denial of anything. I believe I can comfortably talk about politics of any nation in this World. I am that knowledgable and conversant with politics anywhere in the world especially in America where I am one of the millions of Democrats who did not vote for Bush.

Don't get ahead of yourself kid!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 6:46pm On May 11, 2007
Tornadoz:

We should be looking to China since America's power is coming to an end. In 15yrs China would take over as the leading industrialized nation. Time to brush up on my Mandarin, the language of the future.

I feel u.Dey r coming up fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Denies Obtaining $15m From Export-import Bank / Graphic Pics Of The Victims Of The Quds Day Massacre In Zaria Killed by Soldiers / Pandemonium In Ekiti High Court As Ayo Fayose Slaps Judge Orders Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.