Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua (4815 Views)

Katsina State: Good With Yar'adua, Very Good With Shema & Better With Nashuni / Hillary Clinton At War With Yar'adua And His Clowns / Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Afam(m): 9:26am On May 14, 2007
Heard on the news that Yar'adua just completed a tour of some 9 African countries and only God knows when he wanted to see Bush while touring the 9 countries.

Did this same news, story or rumour appear on any credible news source or is it from the likes of The Sun?

@BigB1,

Nigeria can survive well enough without the US and it is really disappointing to hear such a comment even when it does not make sense.

Nigeria is blessed with abundant human and mineral resources. To begin with the US developed the country with the sweat and blood of our forefathers and annexed nations around it to get bigger and bigger by the day.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 9:44am On May 14, 2007
For d latter part of ur post i second.U r absolutely right.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by oge4real(f): 10:48am On May 14, 2007
it shall be permanent,hmnn what a delicious experience. tongue
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by angel101(f): 11:34am On May 14, 2007
maybe yaradua should concentrate on issues facing the common man in naija e.g electricity. shouldnt he be touring the 13 power stations his oga is building? give us electricity please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by fesse(f): 11:45am On May 14, 2007
this incoming government should learn how to value and appreciate what they have. why is he (yaradua) so interested in meeting bush. is bush more important to the good valued people of Nigeria. Yaradua should start to stop eye-service at this early stage b4 it get late.PS
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by richylaw(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2007
Why do they need to tour the world before they start to redeem their false mandate to the masses?
Shio!
Like Oga like omo ise.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Elgaxton(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2007
Nigerian president has now made it a point of duty to do some waka waka once they they are selected as

president eh!!

Oga Yara Dua don well? wey him one waka so
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by debosky(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2007
I could care less if bush meets with Yar'Adua - this same bush is a lame duck president who's approval ratings are probably lower than Obj's

he has lost all of the international goodwill he has, and is of little consequence as long as they get the oil they need, a situation that is not going to change for now. I doubt the veracity of the story and I agree fully with Tornadoz - we should befriend China a lot more than the US who simply take and give nothing in return - China is giving grants for rural telephony, building a huge hydroelectric power project, and rehabilitating railways for the country, while the US cries whenever their oil supply is threatened and nothing else.

Brazil, China, India and South Korea are the types of countries we should be friendlier with, along with the rest of Africa.

The Americans can stick their 'approval' where the sun don't shine
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by BigB11(m): 7:54pm On May 14, 2007
You guys continue to miss the point.
It's not about BUSH; this issue is bigger than BUSH.

Make no mistake about it, Nigeria as a country needs United States support to progress effectively and efficiently.

When we mention support, as Nigerians, I'm sure that all we could see is money; but this is not the case or the support we are talking about.
United states support are not visible (Not material); therefore I can't blame you folks that think Nigeria doesn't need United States. You have to be bright and understand international politics to see these invisible factors.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by McKren(m): 8:20pm On May 14, 2007
bringing to our awareness those invisible factors is the very essence of this forum. So please tell us.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by debosky(m): 8:24pm On May 14, 2007
tell us oh wise BigB1 what these 'factors' are

cars driven in Nigeria - European/Japanese

weapons for the Army/Police - Russian/European

imports - EU, China and Japan take the lion share

Its time we realised who our true friends are, these same 'invisible' factors have allowed genocide to continue in Darfur while spending trillions of dollars over an oil war in Iraq

unless their oil supplies are threatened, they don't give a hoot about Nigeria.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by redsun(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2007
Bush becoming a president is one of the greatest joke in a so-called civilized world,it was a clean and clear rigging and all the oppositions were openly hushed,it kind of rekindled the issue of segregation and discrimination against african americans because majority of them,especially in florida were bluntly denied thier voting right.Who is he then to sanction our president despite the fact that he,yaradua is a joke too.One can clearly see from bush's legacy so far that he is just a red neck with little vision but american problem is quite diffrent from african problems,african problem is basic while american problem is rather fictitious,self actualization.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by closetpervert(m): 12:46am On May 15, 2007
No 1 - who gives a fok aboutBush meeting Yar' Adua or not?

No 2 - That story is misleading as it is not reported elsewhere - it is not true

No 3 - wait until US crawls begging Nigeria because of the oil they buy from us.

We need to wish our country well rather than praising one foreign nation for not meeting the President or not

Fok the foreigners.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by moondust(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2007
Yar Adua can go to China, I'm sure the president would luv 2 meet him, at least 4 d Big headway China is making in Nigeria.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2007
Wait if Yar' adua fraudently won the elections, then who was supposed to win, we all know that Yar' adua collected the majority vote in Nigeria, so lets stop crying AND SUPPORT PUR PRESIDENT ELECT! Or are you guys saying that Buhari sould have won the elections, I am perplexed?
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by McKren(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

Wait if Yar' adua fraudently won the elections, then who was supposed to win, we all know that Yar' adua collected the majority vote in Nigeria, so lets stop crying AND SUPPORT PUR PRESIDENT ELECT! Or are you guys saying that Buhari sould have won the elections, I am perplexed?

Spot on, people go on about talking about electoral fraud or rigging when deep in their hearts they can not even say who else would have won the election other than Yaradua. I think Buhari was even more popular in 2003 elections than now.

They just want to waste our time, the most they can get is election re-run which Yaradua will still win. No tribunal or courts will pronounce Buhari or Atiku winner.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by abohrandy: 2:58pm On May 15, 2007
this is not what i was hoping to see as a reason for bush not meeting yar'adua
i tot they would say bush refused coz the elections as they say were fraudulent. but this weh they say white house no di grant formal audience to a president-elect he no di move me.
i need sth that can be used to stroke that INEC chairman.
the guy is so confused and can back himself up!!
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by faseni(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2007
It is well
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Enyola(m): 12:39pm On May 17, 2007
undecided
Its a good thing if Bush, Aka Igbo refuses to meet Umar,
Who needs a mouse when there is a mouse
On rigging grounds Igbo is not a better man he did dsame
Naija can do well without all this countries, we can make
them beg us, which country is stronger, NewZealand or Naija
and newzealand as withdrawn from the UN Commonwealth to be on there own
so why can't we live and leave naija where we dey,

God Bless Naija
God Bless Ipaja
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by mukhtara1: 8:02pm On May 17, 2007
yar adua was not nigerian president elect but oando owner that is obsanjo toy that can be controlled like a remote control.why i call obasanjo oando is that he is fooling nigerians cause he sold it to himself and change the name like this OLUSEGUN AND OBSANJO (O AND O).
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by olutomiwa(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2007
who cares about the BUSH MAN,president select,forget about dem jo.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by honeric01(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2007
Bush or no bush, Nigerians are still hurt from the misconduct and rigging of the election by PDP, whether Bush, Forest or river feels like meeting yaradua or not, Nigeria is going to still be called Nigeria. I even hate it when we always run to USA to beg and solicit for help when there are other good and well respected countries to seek help and learn from, NA DEM NO, the only hope i have now about Nigeria is the HOPE from GOD, thats all
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Shentz(f): 9:25pm On May 18, 2007
Haha! Good for his head
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by DisGuy: 11:29pm On May 18, 2007
shentz you dont even know who yaradua is smiley
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 1:36am On May 19, 2007
He shld be getting set to take over in some days
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by 9ja4eva: 3:41am On May 27, 2007
Na true talk u talk jare
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by tollu: 1:56pm On May 27, 2007
Let's face is, the USA is where the world power is located (*ducks*) and most countries wait for a pat on the head from its present leaders and Nigeria isn't excluded. @paccino, true talk.
Re: Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua by Looklike2: 4:50am On Jan 09, 2009
no blame him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Assassinates Younger Brother To The Shehu Of Borno / Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects / Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.