Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,801 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA (14874 Views)

"Thousands Of Doctors Could Be Considering Leaving The UK" - GMC / Mass Resignation Of Doctors In Ondo Over Unpaid Wages / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by itiswellwithme: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2019
sisipelebe:
R

R for Ronaldo or Roberto Carlos or Rashidi Yekini or Roberto Baggio. Those are great footballers.
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by RichBoy247: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
A whole Doctor

Not a whole doctor. It's half doctor. Doctors are professionals just like bankers, engineers, lawyers, e.t.c. The work they do that makes them think they are helping God to maintain the humans the HE created is also being done by secondary school drop outs who are trained by auxiliary nurses in the neighbourhoods.
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by NaMe4: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2019
Quite true

One of the contributing factors to the high rate of migration to other Countries.
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Omalle: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2019
So?
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by NaMe4: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2019
RichBoy247:

Not a whole doctor. It's half doctor. Doctors are professionals just like bankers, engineers, lawyers, e.t.c. The work they do that makes them think they are helping God to maintain the humans the HE created is also being done by secondary school drop outs who are trained by auxiliary nurses in the neighbourhoods.

By secondary school dropouts trained by auxiliary nurses?

Definitely not conditions needing expert medical care.

4 Likes

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Jaqenhghar: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
Niggerian shithole logic
1. not enough doctors in facilities
2. Yet there are shitloads of doctors who are unemployed and
3. They should not migrate to countries where they will be employed

SMH

2 Likes

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Lugianostar(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
If i see Mr Minister for labour and productivity, i gonna break his head because he is causing so much confusion like others of his colleaques.

Was he not him that says " Doctors are too many in this country that they can go outside the country to showcase themselves".

The rate of unemployment in this country is giving me concern and am trying very hard to envisage what i will do to coup the menace come 2023 when the bullion van owner will become the president

Naija for finish for that oshokosho man

Make i hear...

God will help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by bigstan11787(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
[quote author=agwom post=80412402]About 40 percent of medical doctors in Nigeria are are unemployed, Chairman, Federal Capital Territory branch of the Nigeria Medical Association, Ekpe Phillips, has said. Ekpe, a gynaecologist at the Nyanyan General Hospital said this in Abuja yesterday at a roundtable discussion on accountability for maternal health in Nigeria organized by the Women Advocates Research and Documentation Centre, in Partnership with the National Human Rights Commission.
He said: “Many of them are employed by private hospitals that are not even paying them enough because of the economy. We don’t have enough doctors and the ones we have are not being utilized.

“The manpower issue is that government is not engaging the needed health personnel. We need to make the place conducive. As you build the primary healthcare centres, make accommodation available, electricity and make life conducive for the workers.” Executive Director, WARDC, Abiola Afolabi, said, maternal mortality could be successfully reduced “if we put women’s rights at the centre of the equation.”

can't believe this report.. Unless they rhe 40% just graduated not later than 3years ago.
Its only medical doctors that don't switch to other professions..if they do, it will either be politics or pastors[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by qanda: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
Ok
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by OgogoroDegree: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2019
agwom:
About 40 percent of medical doctors in Nigeria are are unemployed, Chairman, Federal Capital Territory branch of the Nigeria Medical Association, Ekpe Phillips, has said. Ekpe, a gynaecologist at the Nyanyan General Hospital said this in Abuja yesterday at a roundtable discussion on accountability for maternal health in Nigeria organized by the Women Advocates Research and Documentation Centre, in Partnership with the National Human Rights Commission.

He said: “Many of them are employed by private hospitals that are not even paying them enough because of the economy. We don’t have enough doctors and the ones we have are not being utilized.

“The manpower issue is that government is not engaging the needed health personnel. We need to make the place conducive. As you build the primary healthcare centres, make accommodation available, electricity and make life conducive for the workers.” Executive Director, WARDC, Abiola Afolabi, said, maternal mortality could be successfully reduced “if we put women’s rights at the centre of the equation.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/40-of-doctors-unemployed-in-nigeria-nma.html

At least more than half are employed!

Make them thank God
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by bigstan11787(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2019
can't believe this report.. Unless they rhe 40% just graduated not later than 3years ago.
Its only medical doctors that don't switch to other professions..if they do, it will either be politics or pastors[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 19, 2019
RichBoy247:

Good point.
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by augustab(f): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:
THAT'S WHY THEY ARE MOVING OUT FROM THE COUNTRY.

SMALL CUBA TRAIN AND EXPORT DOCTORS WITH THEIR GOOD SYSTEM, THEN MAKE MONEY WITH THEM.

EVERYTHING IS BAD WITH NIGERIA
smh.. Are u aware dat cuba is a communist state ravaged with corruption. Nigeria is bad but dont talk aboút cuban doctors they are modern day slaves

1 Like

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by mostyg(m): 8:06am On Jul 19, 2019
They should be exported abroad
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by sebali: 8:08am On Jul 19, 2019
Jayloy:
This is gross misinformation. He could have said 40% are underemployed but unemployed is a no no and a big lie. I have never seen a serious unemployed doctor in Nigeria except if he or she is picky about jobs, then salary or disadvantaged about locations if outside the cities i. e Lagos and Co. The reason why I might agree they are underemployed is because they are not being paid their worth in most private hospitals irrespective of the profit the hospital makes and the cause of this is still the doctors, they own the hospital.

U re closest to the truth but unless something is done ASAP we move from underemployment to complete unemployment.
I told my fellow corp members in 2012 that sooner than later Doctors would also start facing unemployment, it is happening now.
Am saying it again unless the economy grows and leans towards self sufficience "go and learn handwork would also be hit hard" as an example warri is becoming over saturated by tailors; soon we would have one tailor in every home. When this happens... "it will red"

2 Likes

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Deenjaris(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2019
RichBoy247:

No wonder,people are dying easily in your family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by calebify1(m): 8:14am On Jul 19, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
Not really. Most of them feels they should be the highest paid in the nigerian market and because of the high number of them, demand is lower than supply so when they are offered a job with a payment an accountant will jump at, they walk away. That said.

Click on my signature or profile for the sale of this Foreign used beautiful machine. Peugeot 407 EW12 engine 6 gears. Car runs on 6.5litres for every 100km. Friday bonus.... bring a buyer and get a huge weekend share...
What are you saying?
Hmm

1 Like

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2019
augustab:
smh.. Are u aware dat cuba is a communist state ravaged with corruption. Nigeria is bad but dont talk aboút cuban doctors they are modern day slaves

OKAY, YOU'RE RIGHT

1 Share

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by jojooo: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2019
Why is NMA so selfish and lie openly
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by mknigeriagreat: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2019
calebify1:

What are you saying?
Hmm

In Nigerians language means TOKUNBO
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Zomezaz: 8:16am On Jul 19, 2019
H
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by pinkygurl(f): 8:17am On Jul 19, 2019
Jayslicky:
According to Chris Ngige we have more than enough doctors working, the rest should leave Nigeria if they want to, when in reality Nigeria doctors to patient ratio is 1 to 5000.

Nigeria has few hospitals, low annual budget your the health sector so doctors are not highly in demand.
grin
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by HBB1(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:
THAT'S WHY THEY ARE MOVING OUT FROM THE COUNTRY.

SMALL CUBA TRAIN AND EXPORT DOCTORS WITH THEIR GOOD SYSTEM, THEN MAKE MONEY WITH THEM.

EVERYTHING IS BAD WITH NIGERIA

I know 2 Cuban trained Doctors... they don't know anything!

3 Likes

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by pinkygurl(f): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2019
sebali:

U re closest to the truth but unless something is done ASAP we move from underemployment to complete unemployment.
I told my fellow corp members in 2012 that sooner than later Doctors would also start facing unemployment, it is happening now.
Am saying it again unless the economy grows and leans towards self sufficience "go and learn handwork would also be hit hard" as an example warri is becoming over saturated by tailors; soon we would have one tailor in every home. When this happens... "it will red"
shocked
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by alphaNomega: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2019
augustab:

A doctor in Cuba is paid $15 per month
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2019
Jayloy:
This is gross misinformation. He could have said 40% are underemployed but unemployed is a no no and a big lie. I have never seen a serious unemployed doctor in Nigeria except if he or she is picky about jobs, then salary or disadvantaged about locations if outside the cities i. e Lagos and Co. The reason why I might agree they are underemployed is because they are not being paid their worth in most private hospitals irrespective of the profit the hospital makes and the cause of this is still the doctors, they own the hospital.
u just typd base on ur undstand and how Nigeria rates d proffesion.

When u are underemployed,u are unemployed

1 Like

Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2019
NaMe4:

By secondary school dropouts trained by auxiliary nurses?

Definitely not conditions needing expert medical care.
lol

No b everybody u see with wateva b certified doctor
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by mediclife1987(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
A whole Doctor. But one minister said we have enough doctors while the rest can leave though NMA said there are acute shortage of doctors in the country. About 32000 doctors serving a population of 200 million

Doctors don yeye themselves for this country walahi. I really dunno what is wrong with us sha...
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Kingkun69(m): 8:23am On Jul 19, 2019
Jayloy:
underemployment is a form of unemployment
Like we have voluntary unemployment or seasonal unemployment
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by panicacid: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2019
Job Title: Medical Sales Representative Location: IMO State Key Responsibilities Sales and cash collection for products sold. Meets monthly sales targets Requirements B.Sc/HND/OND division in Microbiology, Biochemistry and other related medical/ biological sciences. 1-3 years of experience on pharmaceutical sales. Ability to drive is an advantage. Application Closing Date 25th July, 2019. How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV to: mentulin88@gmail.com "Job Title" as the subject of the email
Re: 40% Of Doctors Unemployed In Nigeria — NMA by Kingkun69(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2019
Jayloy:
underemployment is a form of unemployment
Like we have seasonal unemployment or voluntary unemployment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Importance Of Kandikrush Herbal Capsule and Where To Buy / Weird; Man Invents Pill To Make Farts Smell Like Chocolate / USA Reduces Aid To 1.9m Nigerians Living With HIV Over Gay Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.