Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation (13319 Views)

Rape Allegation: Nigerians Protest At COZA Church (Live Updates) / CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by ejemamaka: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by Graduateacher(f): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
They've been trying to cover up for him. Submit report or....
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by realsupermum: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
It is fatoyinbos wife I feel for in all these mess God would console her.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by Reptyle(m): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
TITOPE:
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/07/busola-dakolo-vs-biodun-fatoyinbo-can.html

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has given the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, two weeks to submit report of its probe on the rape allegation against the Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

PFN had set up a panel to probe the rape allegation against Fatoyinbo by celebrity photographer, Busola Dakolo.

Busola, who is the wife of popular singer, Timi Dakolo had few weeks ago disclosed details of how Fatoyinbo allegedly raped her when she was young.

Fatoyinbo, however, denied the allegation, saying he has never forced himself on any woman in his life.

However, President of CAN, Dr Samson Ayokunle, at a news conference in Abuja on Thursday, explained that the body had taken it stands in the alleged rape case against Fatoyinbo.

He stated that the allegation, no matter how bad it might be, remained an allegation until proven otherwise.

According to Ayokunle: ”We have told you without mincing words that we will never support immorality in whatever form, it is alien to the culture of the church, to the teachings of Christ.

”And there is no pulpit that I know in Nigeria that the members are taught immorality, but we will not condemn until we have reasons to condemn, let the panel come out with the result let’s know what the truth is.

”I told you in the press release we issued that we have given the right to Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), because we don’t deal with individual churches, we deal with blocs.

”We have directed PFN, an arm of a bloc, which is also large enough to investigate that matter. I am telling you under God that PFN has set up that panel and that panel had been given two weeks within which to submit its report,

”Not only that, the two individuals involved have been invited by the committee and we are assuring them that nothing will be covered.”

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Utter nonsense.

First off, PFN doesn't report to CAN and thus can't instruct PFN to submit a report in 2 weeks.

Secondly, I doubt very much if Fatoyinbo is an active member of PFN so their sanctions most likely will have no bearing on him...except he chooses to submit to them.

The sad truth is that both CAN and PFN are basically toothless bulldogs as far as regulating Christendom in Nigeria is concerned.

Both organisations were only formed as vehicles for gaining political leverage within the body of the churches. That is why you notice that they enjoy a lot of government patronage during election time.

The real regulators that can regulate and take any far-reaching decision regarding indiscipline within the church are the board of trustees or council of elders found in most churches. Most churches, orthodox and pentecostal, have inbuilt regulatory mechanisms that can take action where necessary.

CAN and PFN are just blowing hot air as far as this COZA matter is concerned.
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by Kingjags: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
naturefellow:
you don't still get it? This pastor is an alleged serial rapist.
found guilty?
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by naturefellow(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Kingjags:
found guilty?
are you a rape apologist or worse still, a rapist? undecided

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by BluntBoy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
theGrayOne:
From what I am getting from the whole issue is this
She said he sexually assaulted her but she never said he raped her i.e She was young and he used his maturity to get her.
So where is all this rape coming from.
He said he has never forced anyone I. He did not force her. She never said he forced her

The issue is not whether he forced himself on her. The issue is whether he raped her.

Biodun is not answering the question of whether he raped her. You can rape someone without forcing yourself on her. Statutory rape falls under this category of rape. A professor can rape his student without forcing himself on her as abuse of authority to have sex under forced consent is also rape.

Biodun may be right that he has never forced himself on any woman before. However, it doesn't mean that he has never raped anyone before.
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by fisheryems: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
Personally this is a very easy one to tell how it would eventually pan out.

For Biodun Fatoyinbo is not the only popular church leader in this nation, in fact he's amongst the top twenty.

So is it only that all those ladies would want to bring down.

I mean even common sense should just make one figure out that this man is a serial rapist.

#istandbusola
#istandwiththetruth
#saynotorape
#saynotorapists

So a rapist just enters your living room and rape you just like that? Have you listened to Busola on how it happened? Be informed sir, it was mutual
#saynotorape
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
fisheryems:

So a rapist just enters your living room and rape you just like that? Have you listened to Busola on how it happened? Be informed sir, it was mutual
#saynotorape
You are entitled to your infopinion.

1 Like

Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by theGrayOne: 5:20am On Jul 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

The issue is not whether he forced himself on her. The issue is whether he raped her.

Biodun is not answering the question of whether he raped her. You can rape someone without forcing yourself on her. Statutory rape falls under this category of rape. A professor can rape his student without forcing himself on her as abuse of authority to have sex under forced consent is also rape.

Biodun may be right that he has never forced himself on any woman before. However, it doesn't mean that he has never raped anyone before.

I know know about statutory rape. My own problem with the whole issue is this :
You said he abused his office as a pastor but here is the thing when guy that is Rich walks up to a girl and they have sex at the end is that not also statutory rape isn't he abusing his status as a rich man. So whatever she is saying is not logical.
The truth about this matter is that she probably loved the guy and threw herself at him and after the whole saga when he said he was nolonger interested she decided to destroy his image . You get.
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by BluntBoy(m): 8:15am On Jul 21, 2019
theGrayOne:

I know know about statutory rape. My own problem with the whole issue is this :
You said he abused his office as a pastor but here is the thing when guy that is Rich walks up to a girl and they have sex at the end is that not also statutory rape isn't he abusing his status as a rich man. So whatever she is saying is not logical.
The truth about this matter is that she probably loved the guy and threw herself at him and after the whole saga when he said he was nolonger interested she decided to destroy his image . You get.

Being rich is not an office. So, your rich man analogy does not work here. However, a wealthy bank manager can abuse his position/office when he sleeps with a minor or covertly demand sex for promotion from his employee.

It is for this reason that a doctor cannot sleep with his patient.

If Biodun slept with Busola while she was younger than 18, then he slept with a minor. Even if it was Busola that seduced him, it is still statutory rape. A minor cannot give consent.
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by theGrayOne: 8:57am On Jul 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

Being rich is not an office. So, your rich man analogy does not work here. However, a wealthy bank manager can abuse his position/office when he sleeps with a minor or covertly demand sex for promotion from his employee.

It is for this reason that a doctor cannot sleep with his patient.

If Biodun slept with Busola while she was younger than 18, then he slept with a minor. Even if it was Busola that seduced him, it is still statutory rape. A minor cannot give consent.
Go and arrest all the men in the North for statutory rape. grin grin grin grin
I have given you a simple answer based on your logic wink
Re: CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation by BluntBoy(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2019
theGrayOne:
Go and arrest all the men in the North for statutory rape. grin grin grin grin I have given you a simple answer based on your logic wink
Why should all the men in the North be arrested?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

what was man's original language? Hebrew, Arabic, or what :-\ / SCOAN: TB Joshua’s Church Counters BBC Investigation / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.