Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,641 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana (22398 Views)

Mrs. Ada Nwagbara Appointed MD. Nigerian Pipelines And Storage Limited (NPSL) / Atiku's Petition Dismissed In It's Entirety - Lead Judgement / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Richdad50(m): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
shocked
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Babaken(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
What the professor said is very true majority of Ghanian journalists is after Nigeria that commit crime or want to point every crime in their country towards Nigerians. Without reporting the Nigerians that build company and and others development in their country.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by timibare(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Come back home.....
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Themato: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
ladilawal82:
They should give him a lucrative job here. I was mesmerised by his intellectual sagacity smiley the first time I heard him speak.
He's a lecturer in unilag and was on sabbatical so he's actually doing very fine.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Themato: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lamasta:
They should just appoint him into one federal university here in Nigeria and case close simple.

He is a Prof in Unilag already and doing fine sir.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by blackpanda: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
nice one. abike is trying
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by obstead200(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lamasta:
They should just appoint him into one federal university here in Nigeria and case close simple.
he is already a full time staff of either UNILAG or LASU. He was only in Ghana for sabatical leave. I don't know why all this dust being raised over nothing

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by vaxx: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lamasta:
he was a former deputy vice chancellor of UnIlag.

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Danwakae(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Quorax:

Ogbeni, shut up. I am igbo like the prof. He deserve what he got. Period.

Look at this TRIBALISTIC IPOD,

It's not about IBO, it's about Nigeria(Lion of Africa),
Nigerians r very hard-working and success full abroad, tho, some r criminals with collaborations of citizens those countries...but for Nigerians success abroad mostly the ibos, brings about the hatred, and the ibos suffers alot in most cases because they r always at the fore front of the enemies(markets places) in most countries.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by spicymir(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
Quorax:

Ogbeni, shut up. I am igbo like the prof. He deserve what he got. Period.
Igbo indeed, lie Muhammad first son

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Gentlewarrior1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Read "Nwagbara said he got some computer experts from University of Lagos who tracked the viral video and discovered it was a Ghanian journalist, who had been consistently promoting Xenophobia that posted the video".
Who leaked it

Because it was a gathering of Nigerians
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by eagleeye2: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
This man thought me in UNILAG
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by eagleeye2: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
vaxx:
he was a former deputy vice chancellor of UnIlag.
Why did he leave UnIlag?
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by RTSC: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
eagleeye2:

Why did he leave UnIlag?
Have you heard of the word "sabbatical*?

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by vaxx: 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
nototribalist:
I don't know why we can't just cut ties with that useless country call Ghana.

A country that passes a law that business trading should be only for Ghanaians. And even if you want to open a provision store you have to deposit $300,000 US dollars first. Imagine.

Meanwhile, A lot of Ghanaians are in Lagos doing business without anyone disturbing them.
I know two that owns a restaurant in my street.
The other one is a shoemaker.

Meanwhile, their president has been rolling on the floor begging that African free trade HQ should be built in Ghana. Which in my opinion they don't deserve it
You talk very ignorant and at the same time pass myopic judgement in an information you know nothing about. well, internet has given some of you the privileged to jump into any discussion even if you have no idea.

Ghana and Nigeria are closer to each other than you may think. Ghana is Nigeria largest trading partner in west Africa. Nigeria has its highest foreing investment in Ghana. you can imagine if what you just said comes into reality, what we happen to economy of the two nations?

Regarding buisness laws, every country has its own local law implemented to protect her local citizens from the huge economical weight of foreigner. As a foreigner, you can't be given the same equal right as the local . It does not even happen. in China more or less will that be acceptable in Ghana. Yet, Ghana a country a little bit more than lagos state in population recognise ecowas treaty and intentionally disagree to force the implemented law into action against ecowas member for the sake of pan Africanism yet you can't encourage them.

Already Ghana has been awarded the right to host AFCTA headquater either the president beg or crawl. he has gotten it for his country. a forward thinking leader i must say.

6 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by eagleeye2: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
RTSC:
Have you heard of the word "sabbatical*?
Didn't know he was on Sabbatical, and you shouldn't sound so condescending.
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by vaxx: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
eagleeye2:

Why did he leave UnIlag?
He is on sabbatical in Ghana. it pays better to work in Ghana as an expatriate. UEW pass in dollars. you can see he is still interested in working in the school. he wanted to be reinstated
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by bigtt76(f): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
Is he denying that he never made those comments or where did the doctoring of video come in? Ayam not understanding this shaaaa undecided
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by vaxx: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
bigtt76:
Is he denying that he never made those comments or where did the doctoring of video come in? Ayam not understanding this shaaaa undecided
He said the video was doctored. grin. After he was heavily embarrassed in the media .
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by DANIELKWAME: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Don't u know we are more sensible than nigeria.
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by toprealman: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
ladilawal82:
They should give him a lucrative job here. I was mesmerised by his intellectual sagacity smiley the first time I heard him speak.
Lol.....computer expert ko.
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Okoroawusa: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
As a fellow academic, Prof,u r better than a university in Ghana. There r other places u can do sabbatical
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Daewang: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
DameB:
At the meeting with Mrs Dabiri-Erewa, he said his dismissal from the university was unethical and should be reversed in the interest of the institution.

He queried the process the university adopted in addressing the matter.

“If a panel is set up to probe a professor, it should be made up of people not below the position of a professor and if found guilty he goes to a second panel and then to the University council.

“The fastest the process can be is two months but this happened in less than 15 minutes,” he said.

Reversed in the interest of the institution

Was he expecting the panel of foreigners to treat him fairly?
Whatever he has to offer, he should offer it here in Nigeria. Nigerian youths need to be shaped too

Can Nigeria pay his salary?
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Lamasta(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Themato:

He is a Prof in Unilag already and doing fine sir.
I know a Prof of his calibre cannot be idle after all the brouhaha in Ghana.
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by naijajobx: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by vaxx: 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
Prof. Ngwabara should spare Ghanaians and Nigerians and stop associating his personal shame to these 2 countries which are close siblings. Whatever doctoring went into the tape he should not have said some of the things he said. He can uplift Nigeria without condemning Ghana where he was earning his daily bread. He should just be ashamed of himself.

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by eniorisha(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
He was never unemployed. A professor at that He's a professor of language and communication, Department of English, Faculty of Arts, Unilag. He taught me two years ago.
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Just30: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
caprini1:
They almost declared public holiday, because Beyonce featured Shatta Wale in the Lion king soundtrack grin
this one is insane
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Just30: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Greenbirth:
Ghana,mmmm. You will never know that you are a nig. Until you go to Ghana.they are very wicked. If you do business problem. You build house problem. What ever you do that mean success there oh you are in big battle. because of so much hatred in them they got mad easily. They hate nig with all their bones
im laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you're filled with hate
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by Alejobs: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
We are the change the world is waiting for....
Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by tsdarkside(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Greenbirth:
Ghana,mmmm. You will never know that you are a nig. Until you go to Ghana.they are very wicked. If you do business problem. You build house problem. What ever you do that mean success there oh you are in big battle. because of so much hatred in them they got mad easily. They hate nig with all their bones

thx....good to know....

things start to add up now for me....i didnt knew this....i was still in that pan africana stuff trapped....

i fthem hate me so much,then i hate them right back too....!! angry angry

everybody stay in their lane....!!

they can go f themselves....

they are nigerian lawyers matter now....shebi them want ecowas....

confront nigerian lawyers at your own wahala....

kiiiikikikikiki....

Re: Abike Dabiri Meets Augustine Nwagbara, Nigerian Professor Dismissed In Ghana by bbamusa: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
abujaheart:
Baze University in Abuja does that too. Once you not a Muslim, any little thing panel will seat and sack without any process that makes sense.
stop this baseless allegation,is Baze University a muslim institution?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Of Bungudu, Hassan Attahiru, Released By Kidnappers After One Month / DSS And Police Clash At INEC Office In Imo / Low Turnout Of Election Was Caused By ‘vaudeville Of Ratiocinations’ -obahiagbon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.